Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 06:24
Total Comments 435 (Amateur)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Uncensored L4D2 Released for AU
2. Re: Uncensored L4D2 Released for AU Sep 15, 2014, 14:22 Numinar

Ok, will try again. I love Payday 2 and am into Destiny right now which seem similar but this never grabbed me.

It was a massive hack job the cuts in this game (zombie models would disappear a frame before grenades exploded them!), but maybe that is the only way to make people rage enough to change things other than canceling the game for affected regions.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 12, 2014, 15:38 Numinar

Gunslinger was great. With cash, time and WB marketing DL should be awesome.  

News Comments > Next Total War Reveal This Month
15. Re: Next Total War Reveal This Month Sep 10, 2014, 03:41 Numinar

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 18:36:

Or Warhammer 40k - Total War Now THAT I would instantly pre-order

Did they get the Fantasy Battle license as well? That world would seem to be a better match for them. I hope they fix whatever issues have been cursing them for the past decade, as they seem to really want to pull this off but only the Shogun 2 expansions have come close to being as fun as the old titles, and even they have issues.

Rome 2 was my biggest disappointment of last year. Should have known how it would turn out given the way every game has gone since the masterpieces that were the original Shogun, Medieval and Rome. I think it's what cured me of buying full price games.

(Until Destiny hit).

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
24. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2014, 03:45 Numinar

Game is great. Biggest problem I had in Alpha/Beta was the shallow busy work in explore mode, but the bounties help give you a goal when doing it and a natural place to stop. Played story missions on Hard up to level 5, seems like the biggest improvements since Beta is that subtle difficulty/AI tuning that other devs don't seem to bother with.

Strike was rough, but in a good way. I think my team mates may not have been alpha/beta vets so we had to restart a checkpoint a lot, but it was fun compensating for them and watching them work it out.

Still nothing like a Halo 1 Elite dual in Legendary yet, but there is still plenty of game left.

Destiny's biggest problem is expectations, which is a communication issue due to incompetence or intentionally misleading marketing so they can sell the game to people who shouldn't get it, although it's very accessible and should have broad appeal. If you didn't like the Beta thats probably a good indicator it's not for you and it was a very easy Beta to get into so that probably makes up for any shenanigans in that dept.

Also all marketing a previews make it look like junk, it's not. Feels like a Blizzard game with Bungie attitude. Would have taken the day off to play but too much going on.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Metro Redux
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Metro Redux Aug 27, 2014, 04:31 Numinar

I don't think Linux is day 1, but hang in there! Worth it.

Also survival ranger here... Ranger hardcore is taking the piss a bit with not telling you what's in your inventory. Especially early on the filter situation is rough and you don't want to be guessing!

Now that 4a are in sunny Malta they probably need to switch franchises to Dead Island.

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
55. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 06:48 Numinar

Take Care Phil! We will always have Fez, and you will always have the knowledge that you made one of the most unique and awesome adventure games ever. Much better than a career of derivative junk.

Hopefully you make Bank and can live comfortably doing something that doesn't involve you having to interact with the internet of assholes out there.

News Comments > etc.
24. Re: etc. Aug 22, 2014, 07:08 Numinar

Now in my role as KJW, I can vouch for most of that Kerbal mod list. Really good stuff.

Kerbal engineer, Alarm Clock and if you want to learn by watching, Mechjeb are all recommended. I haven't tried the extra parts as I find there is still plenty I haven't managed to pull off with Stock, but they are all thought of highly in the community.

I run some atmospheric, engine and distant object rendering mods as well that are not listed and rightly so as they were a minor pain to set up. Game is amazing vanilla in any case for anyone who likes the idea of combining lego, ballistics and Space.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2014, 18:45 Numinar

Redmask wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 16:45:
Numinar wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 14:46:
A lot of *redacted* probably feel very silly now and will apologize publicly.

Uh no, why would they? If anything everything revealed so far will be pretty vindicating. Of course Kotaku will try to downplay something that makes them look bad and this has nothing to do with her sleeping with people, its the context of who those people are in the industry and how they have influenced her press coverage. It also calls into question her character for repeatedly lying and deceiving both the public and those close to her, she has made some pretty serious allegations in the past that are effectively negated by this.

She is a leech on the industry who is out for personal fame and doesn't mind lying to get it, this is a woman who made up rape threats for fucks sake. She has used her internet followers to stamp out other opinions and fucked over other trade shows who are actually serious about social issues. This idiot is not worth defending, it has nothing to do with sexist behavior and everything to do with her being a lying attention seeker who is very destructive. Now this moron is running around with DMCA takedowns and other total bullshit trying to silence the entire thing.

Ok, gotcha. Looks like I have overreacted to internet prick diatribe assuming that was all there was to it. Shouldn't of wasted my time if even half of your story is true as that would take her from reasonably imperfect Indie designer to some kind of nightmare creature.

Looks like I couldn't and wont be bothered to read up more on this but I'll take your word for it because you post on the Blues like an actual factual human.

Highlighting her game in a Greenlight list doesn't seem huge, but if the dates line up then Kotaku should come clean about it and send Jr. on his way out.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2014, 14:46 Numinar

A lot of *redacted* probably feel very silly now and will apologize publicly.

Wait, no they don't, they still probably judge Zoe Quin for having a free spirited personality, the baby-murdering act of consensual romance (possibly at the expense of someone else) and an appearance that they apparently find abhorrent. Like that's a crime, or needs to be stated at all.

A lot of commentators seem to have the unusual desire to state their opinion that they wouldn't "hit" it, as if that has anything to do with anything other their own narrow view of what women are good for.

Good thing she wasn't the President. Internet culture was meant to be BETTER than provincial, narrow minded society but it's turned into something so much worse.

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
3. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 11:15 Numinar

MC is actually one of the better experiences I had with the DK1.

Those ugly cubes are 1 meter tall and even my crappier buildings were intimidatingly awesome in 3d surround vision!

The UI mod someone put together is halfway there to being fully appropriate Though something more contextual like Lunar Flight that supports controller would be even better, and the head-body rotating could use some tuning as well/

And MC could always use more optimisation, if Carmack offered to go through one of my projects, even as an accused code thief I would happily put on a crate of beer for him.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 17, 2014, 17:21 Numinar

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 21:44:
And anything you can do to increase the SNR, and slow down the "other guys" security apparatus is perfectly fine.

Anything hey? I love me a bit of Realpolitik or game theory, but I'm not sure if letting the Government do "Anything" for security or to get one up on it's rivals is a good idea. False flags, killing it's own citizens for propaganda, official lies, undeclared biological warfare or PSYOPS that generates violence. Not sure if I want to be responsible for funding that stuff.

How much of this is OK? UFO stories to cover up awesome aircraft is pretty tame, but it shows a disregard for honesty and transparency that isn't too many hops away from rigging elections.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV Expansions Announced
2. Re: Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV Expansions Announced Aug 15, 2014, 17:19 Numinar

Cutter wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 14:47:
Jesus, they just don't stop floggin' the DLC on these do they?

Well, it's all optional and good (And during a sale, cheap!). If you are into CK2, you will want it, if not, you wont. I certainly haven't bought all of it, and it's not like the original game was thin on content or anything.

It seems better than putting their energies into a sequel when the current platform allows them to mess with and add so many mechanics, or in most cases, entirely alien political, cultural and military systems considering the vanilla release was christian feudal Europe only as playable.

I also believe a good DLC strategy=more dev time perfecting an already awesome game as opposed to no support after release+6 months. Some companies like Blizzard have the warchest to do this anyway but for everyone else you need to keep milking that cow to pay your expensive programmers.

So I don't see a downside. If it didn't make money, they wouldn't make it, and they don't offer it for pre-order it or anything so there is no reason for anyone to get duped with poor product.

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced
16. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced Aug 14, 2014, 09:26 Numinar

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 07:59:
Great more zombies just what we do not need. How about some originality guys?

They are coming off two cop murdering games, so it's fresh for them!

What are your suggestions for an original FPS scenario? Mutants? Aliens? Liberals? I wouldn't mind some new stuff either but this is a strong license and a strong dev that may have some promise. I must have around 80 hours on Payday 2, it's a corker.

-Vince

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon World Announced
1. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World Announced Aug 13, 2014, 19:40 Numinar

My favorite light management/serious coaster physics series!

Chris Sawyer could kick this games ass and do it in assembly though.

Frontier are not too shabby either, but I want them focused on the Star Citizen murder.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Announced
3. Re: Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Announced Aug 13, 2014, 19:37 Numinar

dumpy wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 18:48:

While we are on that topic; NO MORE SPACE MARINES.

What if they were Russian Space Marines?

Also, this would have made more sense if they waited and bundled it in with the Western Armies like Opposing Fronts from the last game.

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced
4. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced Aug 13, 2014, 19:31 Numinar

Hells yes. Hopefully with the Payday experience and a bigger warchest and dev time this will be something special.

I kind of hate Left4Dead, but I love the concept. Overkill will have better progression, objectives and interaction between players if this goes the way I hope.

News Comments > Act of Aggression Announced
9. Re: Act of Aggression Announced Aug 10, 2014, 11:14 Numinar

Yeah, Poor old Wargame needs a good break. Act of War is my favorite of the C+C style RTS, real good stuff. Cannot wait to see how this turns out!

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed?
25. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed? Aug 1, 2014, 20:40 Numinar

McTurbo wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 12:18:
Its always bugged me when they do this....

its being programmed on a PC, tested on a PC, all the Art, Music, Programing, Networking, every single thing to do with the game is being done on the PC. THEN it is being optimized for the Console so that it runs there... Its made on the PC FIRST...so its not like its a struggle to get running for the pc

Because there is nobody in PC land willing to co-market the title. Hello Games would be stupid not to take advantage of that, if the game is good PCMR will eat it up a year or two after release anyway. NVIDIA and AMD might help a bit, but they don't have the warchest Sony has. Plus their products cost as much as a console.

My 4 year old GTX580 machine will cost MUCH more than a console to bring up to 2014 spec. It might already be more powerful than a Bone/PS4 but that doesn't mean anyone will spend a month or two of their development optimizing for my particular setup.

I hear Elite:D is old clunker friendly though, need to get the parents to send that last-century sidewinder over.

News Comments > Deep Silver Acquires Homefront from Crytek
17. Re: Deep Silver Acquires Homefront from Crytek Jul 30, 2014, 17:41 Numinar

Is Crysis that awesome? I remember on release nobody could play it except a select few who used it to validate their early adopter/expensive hardware.

And Crytek complained about Piracy. (I think Piracy sucks, but face it, most of them couldn't get 30 frames either so you guys got the last laugh!).

I wonder how much DNA from Goldeneye/Perfect Dark/Timesplitters is in this new group? That stuff rocked and took the Doom/Half Life Clone stigma out of shooters.

Haze 2 anyone? It's almost as crazy as a good Wolfenstein or Homefront Game!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 29, 2014, 19:45 Numinar

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 08:53:
I hope it doesn't look like anything, since it's called BEYOND EARTH and plays on a world beyond earth, no?

To suggest Australia will ever get a space program or unite with pacific-rim nations is quite humorous though. I am sure even Australians would laugh at THAT projection.

Highly unlikely, but it's Sci Fi!

Especially since population is a bit hamstrung by xenophobia and a lack of water/arable land.

There is no reason a stable, safe continent nation landmass of that size with enough immigration, cannot climb up a weight class or two though like how you Yanks did it. NZ is in one of our founding documents, they were just smart enough to never sign on. We also have a history of semi-colonization of New Guinea and have had peace keepers/police forces in several of the islands so there is a bit of precedent. GDP is approaching that of countries with real Space Programs, but others take our Satellites up so cheaply voters do not think it's worth the tax dollars to have our own.

I think the story behind the Australian Syndicate from that Bullfrog classic is still the best though.

435 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo