Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 06:24
Total Comments 399 (Amateur)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V
14. Re: Amazon.de Lists PC Grand Theft Auto V Sep 21, 2013, 08:25 Numinar

I was under the understanding that it was uncut in Germany?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch 3
4. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch 3 Sep 21, 2013, 08:22 Numinar

Haven't tried MP co-op yet. I played Shogun 2 early on with a relative, put in many an hour. That was a buggy mess of dsynch's and I hear late game it was unplayable, but maybe they patched it. Still super fun though.

I really think the better way to play co-op would have been sharing civs and having a single player split up provinces and units/generals... the limited general count actually lends itself to this. Make it so that, as in the original Rome, you could not administrate a province without a General present.

For the real time battles MYTH:The fallen Lords did this best. Have the main general distribute the units available to all participating players whether they had a general present or not. This would allow for a lot more flexibility and control over your units and be fun times. Maybe it does this already? I have a vague feeling in Shogun I was able to participate in my partners battles even if I had no units.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch 3
1. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch 3 Sep 21, 2013, 04:23 Numinar

No excuse for how the game released for some, I find it was excellent after the first patch. However I got a PC upgrade in time for the first patch so it's hard to tell what they fixed and what I fixed. But boy oh boy, they have some sweet organisational skills getting the user feedback, sorting through the muck for the gems, prioritizing and getting 100's of fixes in game, tested and released every week.

Maybe they did the thing I think all devs should do, and that is have 2 weeks of post-release support after shipping planned from the get-go instead of straight on to DLC. CA have it easy as it's just the one platform without consoles, but the game itself is such a beast it would have it's own challenges. I cannot even finish a game of TW in a month or two so how they are checking all this is anyone's guess. I guess an employee could finish a game in a week of full time employment, or they could be doing shifts and passing the savegames around for a 2-3 day pass?.

Steam Account:Numinar if anyone wants to add and battle. In Europe right now with some sweet pipe and finally a machine that won't wreck others enjoyment of any game I play so friend up!

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Sep 20, 2013, 05:42 Numinar

RE: CoH 2 score disparity.

I believe it is a combination of Single-player focused reviews from western media not upset by supposed inaccuracies or bias in the depiction of the Eastern Front vs user reviews from eastern front descendants upset by same along with Multiplayer focused users upset about balance slights against their respective belligerent of choice.

CoH forums on steam have been an education on how Russian nationalists see themselves, the legacy of Stalin and their attitude to Poland. Education!

War in the eastern front was like something out of SCI-FI. They will talk about it like we talk about Troy in 2500 years, even without the propaganda. It makes sense that, rightly or wrongly, some people are upset about a Canadian developer's interpretation (or exploitation?) no matter which way they would have gone with it.

I for one love it. Not offended in the least. If they did put Australians in it I fully expect it to have a Hollywood-esque pop culture stereotype take on it, just like all the races in CoH1. good times. It's a good, solid, polished game that does not break new ground like CoH did, and for that will never be as loved, but it's not like it's had any competition in the last 6 years anyway. I Recommend.

Need my vacation to start so I can do some serious damage to this and ROME II. (But I somehow know I will just vege out to Kerbal the whole time...)

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2013, 06:11.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 16, 2013, 03:46 Numinar

Rome with beta patch already seems better than any other TW game I have played within 6 months of release.

Some bad design choices though... too much micro on generals in the meta and all units in the battle phase. This is not meant to be Starcraft! And agents seem a bit iffy. I prefer the random traits stuff based on what you put them through and their circumstances/DNA like in OG Rome and Medieval. But the system also seems kind of interesting in the way they each have their own personal gravitas and faction.

A lot of new shit to get used to and the game does not always explain it nicely. But like Civilization, Crusader Kings 2 and every TW game before this, a few aborted starts is the best tutorial.

As for AI seems the the same as ever. I feel like I have less control than I once did but that kind of makes sense as you are a general, not God. Limited battle view finally works in a way that makes me prefer it over the normal way making LOS more interesting (With the added benifit of hiding the silly enemy AI). Just make sure you end battle instead of giving chase.

Could not be more happy with it, but maybe it's flaws will start to reveal themselves going forward as I get into bigger fights and sieges. (My first few have been pretty great to be honest).

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Sep 15, 2013, 14:36 Numinar

Frontier... I cannot believe what DB pulled off with Elite 2 technology wise on my clunky old Amiga, and I still think Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 was a triumph of graphics, physics and management sim in a an age where it should not have existed. I have GOT to believe this is more than a render target...

*Drool garble drool man tears...*

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma III
31. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 13:44 Numinar

We were all sick of how the previous releases went down. Staging the content and pricing the way they did might be the best chance the series has of meeting it's true potential, and it has been good to me since OFP so I will give it a chance.

Sucks to buy a $60 MP game I guess (Though most scenarios in previous games worked alone or with others anyway). But every campaign has been all but unplayable in the past so maybe this will give them a chance to really lock some good content down, as with the ARMA 2 DLC.

We all want that awesome co-op open world non-linear campaign from ARMA 2, but there is no developer on the planet that could have made that work properly.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked
30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 11, 2013, 06:45 Numinar

Cannot speak to Skyrim and RDR maps, but for Liberty and old Los Santos the scale seems off... individual houses in the suburbs of new Los Santos are much bigger than their equivalent in the old one.

Still a big area though. It's going to be awesome if the framerate/draw distance holds up!

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patch 1 Released; Patch 2 Beta Next Week
8. Re: Total War: ROME II Patch 1 Released; Patch 2 Beta Next Week Sep 8, 2013, 08:04 Numinar

Tested the 1st Iceni battle a few times while tweaking new PC. Feels pretty epic! And yes, rough around the edges. I imagine it's still rough once you get further in as well, early feedback sounds like it's where Medieval 2 ended up.

Biggest problem so far is dudes just flat out ignoring my commands.

And butt-ugly campaign map.

Also, restricted battle cam mode is really, really good this time. Hides a lot of the silliness as well. Might help out those trying to get a few frames and since the battles seem to mostly involve giant blobs of dudes (Which is kind of legit) It's not like you are losing too much information anyway.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
50. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 19:52 Numinar

I'm sure someone already said it (Not reading this thread, tired)... but did they steal one of Derek's design Docs?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Aug 29, 2013, 15:39 Numinar

That wasn't the streaming, it was the actual in game framerate of 5 per second.

Ok, that was mean. I want a reason to start up the X360 for something other than Spelunky and Battleblock like anyone. Red Dead is one of the best things I've ever played so I still believe Rockstar!

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Free and Paid DLC Plans
1. Re: Total War: ROME II Free and Paid DLC Plans Aug 24, 2013, 03:36 Numinar

Yeah! Seleucids! Legionnaires and elephants unite!  

News Comments > F1 2013 Trailer
3. Re: F1 2013 Trailer Aug 17, 2013, 14:33 Numinar

This is great. Like with IL2 Sturmovik and Kerbal vidja games are probably at the forefront of preservation and education of times gone by in some ways.  

News Comments > Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2013, 15:45 Numinar

If legit, looks great! The way weapons bounced off enemies instead of lightsabering every time was awesome. I hope the gamepad analogue controls are back or something similar for mouse.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk
14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk Aug 16, 2013, 08:05 Numinar

Terminator Armour is repurposed from ten thousand year old EVA suits or some such if I remember my warhammer lore correctly... which I don't.

Genestealers are meant to be fucking scary. Now Advanced Space Crusade with Scouts vs Tyranids? THAT was bloodbath!

News Comments > The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition in September; Beta Signups
3. Re: The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition in September; Beta Signups Aug 13, 2013, 12:07 Numinar

This is a great game, kind of refreshing after SFIV. It's currently our go-to lunchbreak game at the office on PS3.  

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Sells 1.2M
6. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Sells 1.2M Aug 13, 2013, 11:36 Numinar

Well deserved!

Normally everyone destroys me but the new patch seems to have reset things again... stayed up late cleaning up with the Bearded Axe after the update hit. Server room was flooded anyway so no biggie with the sleepy eyes.

As for the killstreak reset: That record is already so scary. Why are you ashamed of it? Reminds me of those precious champion boxers that would rather retire on top or fight unknown noobs than blemish their fight record. I for one like seeing that at least the person demolishing me EVERY SINGLE TIME has a massive experience advantage. Smurfs ruin games when they gleefully raise through the ladders on a pile of noob carcasses and persistent reputations are great for alleviating this.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 11, 2013, 15:04 Numinar

Go Spelunky! Probably my favorite desert island worthy game of all time, XBLA version puts most of what is on that service to shame.

I understand why there is no online MP (same screen local is barely playable due to speed/physics/inherent chaos) but hopefully they make enough money to make the months and dollars it will take to make and QA such a feature worth it. Thanks for hundreds of hours and thousands of deaths Derek Yu!

News Comments > $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition
30. Re: $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition Aug 9, 2013, 18:01 Numinar

Maybe that supposed profit margin goes into insurance for DS given that that Lambo has a high chance of killing it's lucky owner who may or may not be an experienced performance car driver?  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 2 Clues?
16. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 3 Clues? Aug 6, 2013, 13:20 Numinar

I don't know about HL3... what if nobody at Valve WANTS to make it? Certainly there is no economic imperative.

Linear shooters like Bioshock Infinite and Metrol LL had the characters/murdering/cinematics/contained exploration stuff nailed down for the most part. Maybe not perfectly, but HL2 wasn't perfect either. Stiff competition that you would need a mighty nice design doc/bucket load of technical goodies (Fully destructible everything and next-gen dynamic AI!) to want to take them on with.

399 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo