Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 06:24
Total Comments 302 (Amateur)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Recommends Bizarre Closure
46. Re: Activision Recommends Bizarre Closure Jan 19, 2011, 14:57 Numinar

End of an Era. Metropolis Street Racer was kind of mind blowing and Project Gotham kept being so awesome. I can see why microsoft put it's focus on Forza, which is cool, but PGR had soul. I especially loved the floaty handling in Project Gotham 2. Sweet unlocks, and a unique approach to gameplay/graphics/course design.

Not to mention how awesome is Geometry War's 2? Nothing beats that highscore of my mate's that took me a year to destroy in deadline. Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

I'm just going to assume that this team has had some serious brain drain anyway, as in people have left, and is now but an empty shell of it's former self and therefore needs to be put down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Demo
22. Re: StarCraft II Demo Jan 4, 2011, 23:10 Numinar

Oh wow so disappointed. Maybe the hyper competitive well balanced multi with antiquated interface is worth it for a lot of people, but so is Jesus and Muhammad. It's actually helped me appreciate Supreme Commander 2 more. How can the media be so wrong? Are they pandering to the cult of blizzard? Even the wing commander bits I was looking forward to come across as half baked and poorly written. It looks and runs worse than Company of Heroes despite having, I imagine, several magnitudes of budget advantage over it.

WTH world, WTH.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 27, 2010, 02:08 Numinar

Whats with the 160kbs Dragon Age download steam? You normally give me my fix at 1700. DA2 will be out before this finishes!  

News Comments > Ex-Rockstar Dev Speaks Out?
14. Re: Ex-Rockstar Dev Speaks Out? Dec 21, 2010, 12:09 Numinar

Is this what it takes to make one of my favorite games of the year?

Is it this rough at Bungie, Bioware or Relic? Those are devs that I buy without questions. Could cold, evil, slave driving capitalism be the cause of such wonderful creative output? All signs point to yes!

I'm so glad I can get by on a a cruisy sub 50 hour week and still get in on some of these hundred million dollar masterpieces they make these days. Thank you game devs! And when I'm a poor hobo living out of a bin due to poor retirement planning and excessive investment in software that loses 95% of it's value in less than a year, I'll still have that 486 laptop to play Xcom on.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 7, 2010, 04:55 Numinar

Could be done. It's not exactly a game about clicks per second. I'd use bumpers to cycle between units, ordering from behind the shoulder 3rd person. And ramp up independent AI. The pessimism is well deserved though...

It might help them focus more on what makes the game good instead of useless feature creep. Shogun sounds like it is heading in this direction anyway. Certainly Civ5 was better for Firaxis having made Civ Rev on console. (Still has nothing on Fall from Heaven though!)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2010, 23:57 Numinar

I need to stop being so apathetic and join some kind of rationalist lobby group. The problem with otherworldly motivation is that it makes silly people far more organized and dangerous than their stupid ideas should by any right allow them to be.

Why do they want to get in the way of me enjoying L4D2 or Duke Nukem 3d the way they were intended? I guess if they had it their way the theocratic would censor anything they like, starting with information about their own forays into "Objectional Material".

News Comments > On Sale
44. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2010, 08:38 Numinar

Oh the horror! Impulse offer not valid in Australia. My money is good. MY MONEY IS GOOD.

At the current exchange rate, the asking price on Steam (59.99aud) is equivalent to 62.2336 American dollars. I am sure that is excellent value but a punch in the face to all antipodean gamers. They must think we are all rubes. Well, I've waited a year, and I can wait more. How'dya like them apples ea/valve?

News Comments > Star Ruler Patches
1. Re: Star Ruler Patches Nov 14, 2010, 06:41 Numinar

Demo was too hardcore for me... I need something whimsical but deep like MOO1. Moo2 was good but by then the genre had started to lose it's soul until this point in time when you get technically competent, balanced and bland I want to love it but cannot situations like Galciv2 and these impenetrable steam clones. Sword of The Stars is the closest it's come for me but needed a better turn based strategy phase and more ship building variety.

Moo 1 still fires the imagination and is still playable. Up to the point where you realise you didn't choose Psilon and get decimated. What can I say, I'm a fan of the genre but terrible at it.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patched
7. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Nov 2, 2010, 15:49 Numinar

I tried the generous demo again. The tyranny of time has been kind to it, it runs better and after my torchlight addiction, I'm more open to this idea of it being a party-based diablo clone. I found it real cathartic. It could have been a little more tactical, like those fantastic moments in CoH before tanks and super abilities come out where you are microing a few squads and a halftrack. Never mind, maybe DOWIII will be a re-imagining as well and bring us back there... or CoH2 will be a DoTA clone! The horror!

And then I finished the demo and looked on steam and the sale was over. Next time THQ!

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 29, 2010, 21:23 Numinar

lololol.

In other news, I realised that Minecraft's tiles work in somewhat the same way as Xcom's... in 3d! Is it time for a real remake, someone? anyone? Please respond!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2010, 08:33 Numinar

Wow. The level of timing invovled in those Tribes videos is well beyond anything I could endeavour to do myself. How they got that split second timing on those 56k modems is beyond me.

The Halo one looks attainable, though nothing that cool has ever happened on my watch. Apparently the teamwork/communication in that boiled down to "Oh shit oh shit don't die!".

News Comments > Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month
10. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 15, 2010, 00:46 Numinar

I love this game, but yeah, for the impatient, CO-OP required! (it's a favourite in my family)

BIS are like Creative Assembly or in the past, Gas Powered Games. Their ambition makes the bugs and glitches bearable and the feature set is decent enough to turn off your console for a bit.

I just got Men of War in the steam special. Same kind of thing. Unbearably clumsy and glitchy (Gamespy for nat traversal? Really?) but it's an experience only our PC's can do, especially co-op.

Bring it on Devs! Just keep patching!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2010, 07:25 Numinar

Granted, there may be 10 better FPS games, but there is no "out of the box" game on PC or Console that approaches the level of craftsmanship, featureset and functionality of the last 3 games in this series. And SDK isn't content until someone sinks some serious hours into it. It still has internet connection free LAN play!

I feel like a well meaning preacher or obscure band fanboy, it's not that I think you are all wrong to hate on it, I just want everyone to feel the love! I know I am! In fact, time to cease pointless proselytizing play!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2010, 18:44 Numinar

New cool Halo game is cool. An unscrupulous retailer sold it too me on friday when I was a little tipsy after a wedding, poor me!

After one play through on Heroic and some dabblin' in the other modes, I can confidently say that in the context of what it is in it's time and place, yes, it is worth full marks for content, quality, and if you like Halo, entertainment. If you don't like Halo go boot up Quakeworld and tell some kids to get off your lawn.

News Comments > Arma 2: British Armed Forces Trailer
1. Re: Arma 2: British Armed Forces Trailer Aug 19, 2010, 21:23 Numinar

Old man gifted this game to me the other day. Awesome. The old Operation Flashpoint magic is there, except the Helicopter collective controls are not as good, OFP made it worth my while to get the old sidewinder out. I'd pre-order that DLC if I could. The beta patch runs it much better than the demo did on my dodgey i5 lappy.

Also, Bohemia are a bit lazy on the single mission front. Yes you have an awesome user creation community but it's hard work looking for just the kind of mission you want, and then you have to deal with the bugs lazier designers leave in their missions. I miss some of those classic canned co-op village defence shinanigins from OFP.

News Comments > Worms Reloaded Trailer
7. Re: Worms Reloaded Trailer Aug 16, 2010, 23:15 Numinar

Got a bit burnt on the first one though, I think it barely had feature parity with my Amiga version! Also, both console editions need more level art variety.  

News Comments > Worms Reloaded Trailer
6. Re: Worms Reloaded Trailer Aug 16, 2010, 23:14 Numinar

Yeah, REALLY good XBLA port. This kind of game probably belongs on the T.V. anyway unless they really up the feature list. I remember 8 per team fully customisable weapons and level importing.

I'm not going to buy the same game twice when I already have it on the more social platform, even if it is awesome.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: New comments Aug 15, 2010, 00:39 Numinar

You can get REALLY TINY coal barbecues that go on your balcony for like a thousand yen! Good times being the bad foreigner in the aparto, good times....  

News Comments > NVIDIA StarCraft II Trial
29. Re: NVIDIA StarCraft II Trail Offer Aug 6, 2010, 12:57 Numinar

StarCraft II Trail. Edutaining your kids on interplanetary colonisation and warfare on BBC micros at an elementary school near you!  

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Announced
37. Re: Torchlight 2 Announced Aug 6, 2010, 12:54 Numinar

I don't remember being promised anything. I remember being told that there would be a free to play MMO, which I automatically assumed would be crap, and ignored it.

The money I spent on Torchlight, was for Torchlight, and nothing else. And it was money well spent.

A co-op sequel to Torchlight will also probably be worth the money.

Is it my imagination or are some of you people in the business of WANTING to be pissed off so much you look for things to be pissed off about? What is the matter cupcakes? GFC cost you your pointless job or something?

302 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo