Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 06:24
Total Comments 391 (Amateur)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patch 1 Released; Patch 2 Beta Next Week
8. Re: Total War: ROME II Patch 1 Released; Patch 2 Beta Next Week Sep 8, 2013, 08:04 Numinar

Tested the 1st Iceni battle a few times while tweaking new PC. Feels pretty epic! And yes, rough around the edges. I imagine it's still rough once you get further in as well, early feedback sounds like it's where Medieval 2 ended up.

Biggest problem so far is dudes just flat out ignoring my commands.

And butt-ugly campaign map.

Also, restricted battle cam mode is really, really good this time. Hides a lot of the silliness as well. Might help out those trying to get a few frames and since the battles seem to mostly involve giant blobs of dudes (Which is kind of legit) It's not like you are losing too much information anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
50. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 19:52 Numinar

I'm sure someone already said it (Not reading this thread, tired)... but did they steal one of Derek's design Docs?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Aug 29, 2013, 15:39 Numinar

That wasn't the streaming, it was the actual in game framerate of 5 per second.

Ok, that was mean. I want a reason to start up the X360 for something other than Spelunky and Battleblock like anyone. Red Dead is one of the best things I've ever played so I still believe Rockstar!

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Free and Paid DLC Plans
1. Re: Total War: ROME II Free and Paid DLC Plans Aug 24, 2013, 03:36 Numinar

Yeah! Seleucids! Legionnaires and elephants unite!  

News Comments > F1 2013 Trailer
3. Re: F1 2013 Trailer Aug 17, 2013, 14:33 Numinar

This is great. Like with IL2 Sturmovik and Kerbal vidja games are probably at the forefront of preservation and education of times gone by in some ways.  

News Comments > Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2013, 15:45 Numinar

If legit, looks great! The way weapons bounced off enemies instead of lightsabering every time was awesome. I hope the gamepad analogue controls are back or something similar for mouse.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk
14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk Aug 16, 2013, 08:05 Numinar

Terminator Armour is repurposed from ten thousand year old EVA suits or some such if I remember my warhammer lore correctly... which I don't.

Genestealers are meant to be fucking scary. Now Advanced Space Crusade with Scouts vs Tyranids? THAT was bloodbath!

News Comments > The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition in September; Beta Signups
3. Re: The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition in September; Beta Signups Aug 13, 2013, 12:07 Numinar

This is a great game, kind of refreshing after SFIV. It's currently our go-to lunchbreak game at the office on PS3.  

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Sells 1.2M
6. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Sells 1.2M Aug 13, 2013, 11:36 Numinar

Well deserved!

Normally everyone destroys me but the new patch seems to have reset things again... stayed up late cleaning up with the Bearded Axe after the update hit. Server room was flooded anyway so no biggie with the sleepy eyes.

As for the killstreak reset: That record is already so scary. Why are you ashamed of it? Reminds me of those precious champion boxers that would rather retire on top or fight unknown noobs than blemish their fight record. I for one like seeing that at least the person demolishing me EVERY SINGLE TIME has a massive experience advantage. Smurfs ruin games when they gleefully raise through the ladders on a pile of noob carcasses and persistent reputations are great for alleviating this.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 11, 2013, 15:04 Numinar

Go Spelunky! Probably my favorite desert island worthy game of all time, XBLA version puts most of what is on that service to shame.

I understand why there is no online MP (same screen local is barely playable due to speed/physics/inherent chaos) but hopefully they make enough money to make the months and dollars it will take to make and QA such a feature worth it. Thanks for hundreds of hours and thousands of deaths Derek Yu!

News Comments > $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition
30. Re: $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition Aug 9, 2013, 18:01 Numinar

Maybe that supposed profit margin goes into insurance for DS given that that Lambo has a high chance of killing it's lucky owner who may or may not be an experienced performance car driver?  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 2 Clues?
16. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 3 Clues? Aug 6, 2013, 13:20 Numinar

I don't know about HL3... what if nobody at Valve WANTS to make it? Certainly there is no economic imperative.

Linear shooters like Bioshock Infinite and Metrol LL had the characters/murdering/cinematics/contained exploration stuff nailed down for the most part. Maybe not perfectly, but HL2 wasn't perfect either. Stiff competition that you would need a mighty nice design doc/bucket load of technical goodies (Fully destructible everything and next-gen dynamic AI!) to want to take them on with.

News Comments > Wargame AirLand Battle Free DLC
1. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle Free DLC Aug 2, 2013, 12:32 Numinar

Yay?

Will re-install for the co-op, but this game didn't strike me like the original despite running, playing and looking better.

I think I miss the badly paced, horribly balanced nightmarish over scripted campaigns of the original (now, co -op for them and I would be REAL excited!) A case of be careful what you wish for.

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced
4. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced Jul 29, 2013, 09:52 Numinar

I think their Modern Warfare spinoff kick-starter died in the ass. At least they get to keep making games!  

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced
1. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced Jul 29, 2013, 09:19 Numinar

Yes! No more Gamespy! Thank the maker! Still better than CoH in many ways, hope they make meaningful improvements to the UI, AI and co-op though.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 29, 2013, 05:04 Numinar

Go Kerbal! So. Awesome.

Graphics card died but this game actually works on the old intel HD... so that will keep me busy for a while as the replacement gets sorted.

News Comments > Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced
2. Re: Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced Jul 20, 2013, 14:32 Numinar

Happy day! Hope it gets some seriously good updatin'.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Metro: Last Light - Faction Pack
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Metro: Last Light - Faction Pack Jul 17, 2013, 03:43 Numinar

Wheres the Metro love? Nobody got it on discount?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 11:49 Numinar

OR is going to have trouble going mainstream given how different people react differently and the lack of research into long term use, but it might end up being not much more expensive than Track IR and does something similar so maybe it will survive as a quasi niche-item, like high end video cards or racing wheels.

For some reason I could play non-stop without issue. Demo after demo... the friend who bought it over was shocked as they only survived 2-4 minute bursts while getting used to it. I also didn't get the full impact though. The 3d is flawless, but other than that it was a screen 2mm from your eyes that somehow maintained focus and had annoying borders in the periphery (like snow goggles). I had trouble feeling as immersed as I was expecting.

It was calibrated for my friends head/eye separation and whatnot as well so maybe my experience was not unique. Apparently it works fine with glasses, you just move the lenses further from your face and wack your spectacles in-between. Still does some things better than a monitor though so I will definitely get a 2nd or 3rd gen release once the ergonomics are nailed down and the resolution and head tracking are sorted out.

My wife was sick for an hour after the roller-coaster demo, wouldn't stop reaching out to touch stuff and was visibly freaking out about the height. So I'm kind of jelly. She has though avoided games since the 2600 so separation of the virtual from the real is probably a bit more difficult for her.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 9, 2013, 04:07 Numinar

This is really sad, I make sure that podcast is on the phone before I leave for work every Wednesday morning. He was brutal without being a prick, where as most internet citizens are just pricks. He was a good host that held the other personalities on the show together and kept them talking.

They didn't cover a lot of the genres I myself am into, but they certainly gave the downloadable and console titles all the respect or derision they deserved.

Also, I'm also 34 and play games all day. Very scared now... though maybe I should have always been. Hopefully he didn't get crushed by that Ms Pacman machine.

391 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo