Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 06:24
Total Comments 434 (Amateur)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
5. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 13:06 Numinar

Awesome, the setting for Uncharted 2 was in this part of the world and that was sick.

Love 3. Even on 360 (After patch 3 or whatever) it was amazing. Bit worried it's hobbled with previous gen support this time but it was so impressive on at least one of those machines, and still scaled to PC I won't let it get to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Assault Squad 2
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Assault Squad 2 May 15, 2014, 12:56 Numinar

Quboid wrote on May 15, 2014, 12:34:
I liked the idea of CoH but could never get into the game for some reason and the underwhelming reaction to CoH2 put me off ever checking it out. Is this the third MoW?

Yeah, there are many others. Only MoWAS was truly solid though, the others were by another developer and were heavily scripted, bug ridden annoying and frustrating. Or maybe I'm just a noob. MoWAS is great though.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Assault Squad 2
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Assault Squad 2 May 15, 2014, 11:28 Numinar

Seemed kind of rough/incomplete when I tried a week ago... but a better optimised non gamespy MoWAS is important, and I paid for it. Even if it's crap I feel like I got that much fun and post release support from the first game that the money is not wasted.

Does anyone else like this AND Company of Heroes? I think they are both awesome but it's like Sony vs MS sometimes on those forums.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 14, 2014, 14:34 Numinar

As stupid as MS is being, don't you think that being on the internet probably exposes you more to intelligence agencies, malcontent hackers and corporate data-mining than a console? Even one with an (optional to plug in) camera?  

News Comments > 4A Games Expanding; Unannounced Metro Game Plans
3. Re: 4A Games Expanding; Unannounced Metro Game Plans May 13, 2014, 10:26 Numinar

Hopefully the lovely Malta weather doesn't negatively affect the gloriously miserable tone in Metro! Stay safe 4a!  

News Comments > Halo PC GameSpy Fix Coming
7. Re: Halo PC GameSpy Fix Coming May 13, 2014, 04:53 Numinar

Not only does it still have players, it still has small but active modding and glitching communities.

It's a landmark title, I know it's not a popular opinion in these parts, but in the context of it's time and it's competitors on PC (there were none on consoles), it did a lot of things really, really well and was a coherent, solid adventure and multiplayer product.

It had some pretty cool technology and design around it. No it wasn't a m/kb railgun match like every other PC game of that era, but the one button nades/melee/zoom moveset on a controller is actually quite empowering and tactile, and with a weapon set and AI that was fun to fight and play with.

I don't think it feels great with the mouse, so still prefer the original game (Not the emulated one on 360) and thats not the ports fault, this is what you get when you tune a game specifically to one kind of input.

News Comments > Capcom GameSpy Shutdown Update
4. Re: Capcom GameSpy Shutdown Update May 13, 2014, 04:28 Numinar

Good thing I never double dipped on Age of Booty! Still have it on Xbox, great little game. A sequel would have made for a sick moba style beer game.

edit for sperring.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Video Diary
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2014, 05:43 Numinar

Rigs wrote on May 12, 2014, 01:05:
Until reading the premise for this game in an interview, I never even realised that Aliens took place long after the first movie and that she had been in cryo for a long time. Was that explained in the beginning of the movie when Burke comes to see Ripley at the medical ward? Maybe I just didn't pay attention. I was under the impression all these years that LV42...uh, 6? whatever...was a different planet that they just happened to run into the xenos on...

Game looks really good though... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

Yep. Ripley asks "how long" she was in cryo, and Burke shows her a picture of her well aged daughter before breaking the news that she has already died. Or at least thats how I remember it. It's part of why she takes to Newt the way she does. Fuck that is an amazing movie (Some people cannot get over the cowboys in space feel of it compared to the awesome horrific original, but what's the point in making the same thing twice?)

News Comments > New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year
2. Re: New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year May 7, 2014, 13:14 Numinar

Lets make a ridiculous microtransaction focused entry on PC to go with IOS for this incredibly popular and profitable series.

Then our victory over all that is good with RCT is complete and they will forget those foul, complex, rewarding predecessors!

Chris Sawyer and Frontier will roll in their respective graves once they die. RIP RCT.

News Comments > Space Engineers Sells 500K
9. Re: Space Engineers Sells 500K May 7, 2014, 07:29 Numinar

Really love this, so much potential. Haven't lost myself in it like Minecraft or Kerbal, which it is the unholy stepchild of, but the tech feels impressive.

I think it may be more reliant on the shared experience/multiplayer aspect as unlike Kerbal or Minecraft, there is not a solar system/universe to explore.

Also the crafting hurts my head. Takes some getting used to.

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 15M
5. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 15M Apr 30, 2014, 14:14 Numinar

I want to cry, this is such a good story about a product and a supportive developer getting the attention and mullah it deserves.

Just waiting for more real post-mine-craft games (A proper Dungeon Keeper or accessible Dwarf Fortress game seem like natural successors)

For too long we have been told destructible terrain, emergent systems through simulation, content that requires either effort or research to see instead of being fed to you, and games that have no money for a patch after the 3rd one. Millions of 12 year olds are showing us otherwise. I wonder if any of the AAA or B stables could ever come up with something like this?

Haven't played in a while since my server and a few weeks worth of work and imagination went bye bye but I'll be back, after Kerbal which is 100+ hours and counting and is the closest thing to it I can think of to it, may it also prosper.

News Comments > Dead Island: Game of the Year for OS X
3. Re: Dead Island: Game of the Year for OS X Apr 29, 2014, 04:22 Numinar

Heads up! If you have this on Steam you can already play it on OSX as of several weeks ago I believe.

Or if you are considering purchasing, that is probably a better place to start due to the way Steam handles the social aspects/match browsing. Gamecenter and Steam do not play together either, but Steam OSX should be fine with PC friends.

News Comments > Single-Player Hearthstone Plans
5. Re: Single-Player Hearthstone Plans Apr 14, 2014, 12:18 Numinar

They should go out and Shandalar this.

Finally take WotC down a few pegs for the protectionist act of not making a game as good or ambitious as the Microprose classic however deeply flawed it might have been. I actually enjoy the yearly Planeswalker games, but they are but shadows of 1997's MtG game outside of the basic card game implementation itself.

Blizzard has no cardboard to protect from the big mean digital CCG's.

News Comments > DICE Looking Into BF4 "Death Shield" Bug
9. Re: DICE Looking Into BF4 Apr 14, 2014, 12:12 Numinar

harlock wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 11:34:
how the fuck did DICE miss this

Same way we all did since Beta.

News Comments > Monaco's Final Chapter Released
1. Re: Monaco's Final Chapter Released Apr 5, 2014, 12:15 Numinar

I have not even finished the second campaign, it was well worth the price of the first. One of my favorite games in recent memory. Really tight design. And the only co-op game I've played that is actually fun with random internet jerks.

It evokes everything good and nothing bad about early arcade games (simple, clear mechanics) while leveraging current technology to make everything run super smooth sharp and online with the modern trend of allowing players to cause their own trouble and narrative within a structure.

I will keep my eyes on these guys but I've guessing they are so rich they can spend 5 years making the next thing, just like with the Behemoth after Castle Crashers.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2014, 12:21.

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
45. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 4, 2014, 07:54 Numinar

Not just the CD check, but the crazy DRM that will pop in if you try and have a go at operation flashpoint. Yikes!

There should be a law about companies being required to supply updated or non-drm versions of titles whose DRM management systems goe defunct. This should apply to whoever owns the IP in the event the original studio/publisher does not.

Should be industry best practice to have a backup plan in place for this that can survive bankruptcies, buy outs and the passage of time.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition Apr 4, 2014, 04:29 Numinar

Bradley wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:08:
I still don't understand the mass appeal of this game. I just fired it up after work to see what was updated. I'm doing great for a while, then get completely obliterated after one bad roll of the random number generator. Maybe I just really suck at it, but I prefer to have more control.

This does suck, but is part of the learning experience and shouldn't happen too often. In this kind of game you end up making your own luck. You need to fail a lot before you understand the underlying systems. It's slightly less fair than Spelunky, in that sometimes you will dead end and a run takes a lot longer than in that game so defeat is more painful. Once you learn the game though you can always trace it back to dubious or risky decisions.

And the boss is a super ballache without reading a F.A.Q. first, complaints about it are valid unless they changed it with the update. But eventually you learn to play your current crew/ship status against the available options and you will reach the end on easy mode every game. You wont always win and don't talk to me about normal but it's not RNG hell without hope.

News Comments > Age of Mythology Extended Edition Next Month
14. Re: Age of Mythology Extended Edition Next Month Apr 4, 2014, 04:18 Numinar

Rise of Nations was suggested as a potential next project for the people that made the AoE2 port (Which had a rough start but was actually supported and cleaned up eventually). Really hope this comes about, best tech tree ever!

Really hope this still happens. I love AoM but don't really feel the desire to double dip on it again... bought two copies at release at full price to LAN with the old man.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Early Access
15. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Early Access Mar 28, 2014, 04:21 Numinar

I love me some hex based strategy... but it doesn't work in space. Looks dumb.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 07:54 Numinar

Anyone of you could seriously not accept 2B for this? It would be borderline negligent to your family, employees and partners not to.

If you are so rich that you could get ethical about such a sum, I could use a few thousand. Most of this complaining is jealously/I want a piece of it/FB is the devil!

Also, DK1 and DK2 are what the kickstarter promised and delivered. That the golden independant little guy driven VR future they felt they were supporting isn't happening the way they wanted, that was never guaranteed anyway.

434 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo