Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 06:24
Total Comments 391 (Amateur)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
117. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 08:43 Numinar

*Sadface*  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Week
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Week Nov 22, 2013, 20:51 Numinar

born2expire wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 20:37:
Biggest upset of the decade, if the hit detection/prediction isn't fixed in the upcoming patch the game is being uninstalled and painfully forgotten.

Really a 3x scope on a pistol? thanks for something that is beyond useless, how about my 110$ back instead?

$110? On an unproven release? Was that all pre-purchase? I think you need to lose that money to learn your lesson, sorry guy.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta
28. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 20, 2013, 08:43 Numinar

Had trouble setting this up for someone today, it looks like it might require Fullscreen mode for some configurations as once we set that on the game we wanted to get footy of it worked and the little grey icon appears once in game.  

News Comments > PC Speedball 2 HD Next Month
5. Re: PC Speedball 2 HD Next Month Nov 19, 2013, 17:36 Numinar

Watching Giantbomb Playing Windjammers I say to myself "dudes, you are doing it wrong!"

A bare bones but HIGHLY POLISHED version of Brutal Deluxe will earn my money, just tempt me! Though most of these updates in the past have been far from worth it. Especially if it's the PC version sounds... yuck!

PC needs more split screen/same screen multiplayer games. Awesomenaughts, Streeties IV Arcade Deluxe Super Edition or whatever and Monaco make it work. 1080p on the plasma is siiiiiiiick for more social gaming. I live in a city and despite having the house to myself for 3 weeks cannot convince anyone to bring their PC over for LAN due to parking issues so for me at least there is a market for arcade style games on PC.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement
18. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement Nov 19, 2013, 15:33 Numinar

Why are they selling this on the PS3/X360? They only have 512MB ram and I think it's shared with the GPU. Is there a N64/Amiga style memory module for them now? Strange timing with the new console coming out and all...  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta
15. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 19, 2013, 15:03 Numinar

Using the "Save last X minutes of footage" feature as a tool for work now... so easy! Now I just need to upgrade the 580 at home so I can record the I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED moments that seem to occur in ARMA 3 once or twice a session.  

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
42. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 15:46 Numinar

Awesome! I cannot justify the purchase of a Ferrari equivalent, but more power to those who can!

I just hope it's not a return to the BAD old days of Origin Chris R. "We create worlds the computer you buy in 3 years will be able to play".

And I'm not jealous of him at all with that work rig... those who make games seldom have time to enjoy other peoples. (Unless this new business model is actually crunch free and family friendly)

Have not kickstarted but you'll get my 60 euro on delivery Chris, thanks for Strike Commander way back when BTW.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
36. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 13:15 Numinar

Oh man, so excited! An awesome guy at work got me a key. This will be my first space trader since... um... does Elite 2:Frontier on the Amiga count? I never got into the Wing Commander one. Looked too icky compared to the X-wing games.

What about Star Control 2 does that count?

Anyway, question now is, wait for the patched or give it a bash now? It's not like I'm not addicted to 4 or 5 other games right now.

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
69. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 11:21 Numinar

NeOCidE wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 09:46:
Ah sry. Anyways it's literally only just out the door, so sure peeps please speak up on how performance is. I'm not a performance crazed maniac by any stretch of the imagination I just can't imagine the performance I'll get from my GTX480 will be enough with what's being reported.

Wait and see, a 480 isn't that far behind a 580 which isn't that far behind a 680 which is awesome.

News Comments > Lunar Flight Occulus Rift Support Released
1. Re: Lunar Flight Occulus Rift Support Released Nov 14, 2013, 11:46 Numinar

Oooooh, closest I'll get to Kerbal MP probably ever. instabuy!  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced
23. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced Nov 12, 2013, 18:23 Numinar

Condemned 1+2 are awesome, or at least were on the 360.

What this license really needs is some tech From Chivalry, a AAA budget, and a structure something akin to Baldurs Gate and Dead Islands lovechild and some kind of Total War abstraction to mimic huge battles along with the more adventury stuff. 6 player co-op free roam, without the banal cookie cutter zone system of Borderlands. Something more personal like a Skyrim or Ultima Underworld.

Hmmmmm... could almost be a kickstarter... how much is that license?

News Comments > Free Saints Row IV DLC
3. Re: Free Saints Row IV DLC Nov 12, 2013, 14:14 Numinar

Few problems with this one, but should all be sweet now. There's not much there SO GO EASY ON THE TREASURE.  

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year
23. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year Nov 12, 2013, 03:35 Numinar

It's tricky, but most of these random insta kill things can be solved with the right crew member (Maybe even their experience helps, I forget).

When you start off think of your crew as being all red shirts living on borrowed time. Getting a good mix is important! You need an engi at the very least. It is a lot less fair than say, Spelunky, where you can see how almost everything works by looking at it but I had that feeling you have as well and it annoyed the hell out of me until the fourth or fifth run and I worked it out. Diversity!

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free DLC
13. Re: Saints Row IV Free DLC Nov 6, 2013, 03:30 Numinar

I dunno, I am very fond of that Pirate ship car!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 08:30 Numinar

On the bright side, at least there is a large segment of Conservative America actually aggressively promoting facts regarding geological history instead of pandering to young earthers!

And now I am even more scared. My daughter has to grow up in this mess you monsters.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC Trailer
14. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC Trailer Oct 29, 2013, 15:31 Numinar

Strong opinion there mate, so that's awesome. I get passionate about games as well. And Sid would not argue your description that Pirates! Is a collection of arcade mini-games. Along with a multitude of simple simulations and subsystems that bring the world alive and generate events.

But to have absolute, insane HATRED for something so universally acclaimed as genius that it still holds up extremely well today, predating and heavily inspiring the games you are rooting for confuses me. Are you stuck with no wind, trying to return to the Bahamas from an expedition to veracruz with a mutinous crew and no Grog or something?

Original, GOLD!, Amiga, remake, I would recommend all of them to anyone, anytime except the ones ported to console or phone, and even they are well short of being terrible.

When I saw this game I said to myself "Ubisoft, please share this tech and a couple of million hours of your art department with 2k so they can reboot that sucker again!" So the comment referencing that survivor of the golden age of PC gaming made me glow inside... and then I read your comment and began to worry for the world.

Soulless, bland eastern European games with terrible user interfaces, system specs too high for their low image quality and more bugs than a late 1990's version of Windows sometimes turn out really, really well. But with few exceptions they are not a replacement for titles such as Pirates! Tie Fighter, Master of Orion or other pinnacles of their art. Not yet anyway and Akella's games are far, far from being worthy of being mentioned among this crowd of legends.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 15:30 Numinar

Happy Day! 5 Euro upgrade for a game I spent 7.50 total on and never played!

Pile, I mean unplayed digital library of shame has come through for me! Yes!

Maybe I will ignore for a little bit longer for patching as I assume some post release support will come along with the monetisation. The original is a classic and one of my favorites. A clunky, nasty looking classic that really paid off once you finally got used to it's junk everything that wasn't level design or branching narrative/story. Hope this one scratches that itch.

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
44. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 24, 2013, 03:39 Numinar

This is an outrage. They have any idea how much my 512kb chip ram upgrade cost for my Amiga 500? I only just upgraded it in 1991! I wanted to get at least 25 years out of that upgrade. I'm not made of money!

Guess no CODDOG for me this Christmas...

News Comments > Total War: ROME II DLC Free for a Week
5. Re: Total War: ROME II DLC Free for a Week Oct 23, 2013, 04:45 Numinar

Yeah, that sucks... I held out for a freebie from work then bought the game a day before it came through but after release so no free Greek DLC preorder. 12 euro seems a bit steep and the worst kind of DLC.

Fortunately, free Seleucid civ! Way better than those stinky OG Greeks, but with all the phalanxing a man needs.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend
6. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend Oct 21, 2013, 06:29 Numinar

Yeah, it does have a large amount of jank Ant, especially with the server browser but glad you enjoyed it anyway.

Had my first ever FFA win after 60 hours played... yes, F2P weekend probably had something to do with this but I was against some much more experienced players as well. Awesome tiebreak with the map timer going negative while I scrambled for a kill. Not my favorite gametype but now and then it's pretty refreshing and helps me work on my very rusty quake-era kill-stealing skills.

391 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo