Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 06:24
Total Comments 442 (Amateur)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced
20. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced Dec 19, 2014, 10:58 Numinar

This doesn't make any sense, but then neither does the idea of a "Lego Movie" and that was amazing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sportsfriends on Steam Tomorrow; Move Issues for PC Joust
1. Re: Sportsfriends on Steam Tomorrow; Move Issues for PC Joust Dec 18, 2014, 10:40 Numinar

This sucks. It's a good pack of party games, and Joust is the most fun and physically dangerous.

This is almost as bad as being unable to get the Jackbox collection on my console AU accounts.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
146. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 18, 2014, 04:35 Numinar

This game seems pretty gross, like GTA if GTA was just Rampages (Which is probably how I played the old 2d ones if I am being honest).

Could be done really well though. It probably wont be, just because most games are not done well, but who can say? If it really is a celebration of mass shootings than these guys can go jump.

Also, if it's meant to be commenting on the uselessness of Story and the joy of mass murder, Destiny already does a really good job of this and is rated T, so it's nothing new.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
5. Re: Ship Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Way of Life Dec 17, 2014, 04:14 Numinar

Ceribaen wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 21:07:
Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 19:24:
harlock wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:22:
Desalus wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:06:
More paid content...just what this game needs. I believe this is the 9th expansion, along with the 36+ minor DLC!

yeh i havent played this in years, mainly because they keep releasing significant additions all the time

probly gonna wait for a few more years and then buy the "super ultimate mega bundle" that has everything included... shit will probably be 100GB by then too

The thing is, this isn't just new maps or unit packs like most strategy games get. Paradox adds big new mechanics with each expansion. I think they have a fanbase who are happy to pay essentially a subscription to keep development going, and see how good a game they can squeeze out of this engine. Their subreddit has people with hundreds or thousands of hours played. $100 is a pretty good deal for that amount of playtime. I have a lot more sympathy for DLC-driven development when its handled this way.

My only problem is, once you fall out of the loop on it - it's nearly impossible to catch back up. Too big of a cost to get caught up on the DLC. Plus the re-learning curve is almost as high as the initial learning curve.

Plus I think I never quite figured out the politics of it, always tried to play to create a unified Iceland and see if I could just carve out a few more islands within my domain - but always ended up heavily reliant on mercenaries who never replenished and eventually one of the big dogs would come my way and stomp me down. And none of my alliances through marriage were strong enough to come support me.

CKII is brutal. True security only comes from being the biggest dog, even your family wont come to save you from invasion if the cost/benifit isn't there. Trying to maintain independence as a smaller state is Hard Mode.

Kind of like Ukraine right now!

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta
10. Re: Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta Dec 17, 2014, 03:58 Numinar

Whiskers wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:12:
I think it might be time to reinstall this and give it a whirl. I played a lot back in the early days, explored each planet, had a blast. Looking forward to diving back in with all this new stuff.

I do this every update. Nuke my own progress, start again with my series of ill advised minuteman-style sub orbital disasters and work my way up to moon landings, robotic probes, rovers and manned tours of the Joolian moons. Relearning the game after a few months off between updates. It's one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've had.

And I think I will do this for the rest of my life. One of the best games ever. I just hope they polish the jank and UI to a delicious perfection in order to be more accessible. (The odd bug or idiosyncrasy people used to 90's era PC UI's barely notice can be a barrier I imagine.)

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
46. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 13:21 Numinar

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 12:43:
Lorcin wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:33:
letting go of your joystick to grab you're mouse.

I struggle with this problem every night before bed.

This is the best comment on the internet today!

Also, I just got rid of my PC because I'm changing continents. This reskin of a 20 year old Amiga game (less in a way, frontier had surface gameplay) will be what I base my next build around. Looks brilliant. (Yes truck sim in space with Tie Fighter dogfights, yes that's what I want, yes I wish you all the best waiting for SC to ship and be playable on less than god tier PC's).

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 9, 2014, 05:20 Numinar

Definitely better in the video than in the credits, which made me want to rage so hard at it's horribleness.

Those Guardians don't get to choose what music survived from the Goldenage, all they got was Paul for when they want to chill on the moon and they are stuck with him! It actually seems kind of genuine.

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued
17. Re: Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued Nov 27, 2014, 09:08 Numinar

InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 05:27:
Flatline wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 00:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 21:52:
OK, is it just me or do the faces in Unity look WORSE than the faces in Black Flag? I got both for free with my XBone, and was comparing just to be sure. The faces seem blurry or something in Unity.

Dunno don't care. AC4 is probably the pinnacle of the series. I've been waiting for a good age of sail game for ages and this is as close as it's going to get I guess.

If I had just won the lottery I'd seriously consider licensing the engine and building a Napoleonic Wars age of sail game.

Lol if you think thats the best there is I guess you havent seen this:

http://www.navalaction.com/#ageofsail

Be warned, it will probably make you cum in your pants.

That looks great! But I tend not to get excited about games that haven't shipped yet, and think it's unfair to compare them to games that do exist. That thing is still in Star Citizen territory by the look of things and therefore is not much better than a dream.

Black Flag is better than this right now because it actually exists and runs quite well. It's also a fun game but would have been better as a "Pirates!" remake with more light sim action and a bigger world map.

News Comments > Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes
4. Re: Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes Nov 25, 2014, 12:10 Numinar

Damn, I needed to offload these bloody Dogecoins on my Vietnamese reseller sooner.

And, er... fair enough Valve. Developing world wont pay 90 euro for a game, and you probably wouldn't make money if we bought everything for a tenner. Though some of us already do with the whole wait for the GOTY thing that has started working out so well for us. But hey, as long as I can be subsidised by patience and silly early adopter day one cashed up single kids, then everyone is happy!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 24, 2014, 14:06 Numinar

Cutter wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 12:13:
Rape isn't a joking matter. It's something that should have never been utilized as slang to begin with. Most PC bullshit is exactly that, but rape is not.

Damn right. I cannot say I've been so awesome to have never stooped to such BS or worse when in a competitive environment, but would totally cop it sweet if I got fired for typing something like this on the internet.

I feel bad for him, troll meet real world. Welcome and try enjoy your now crippled future.

News Comments > Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released
1. Re: Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released Nov 14, 2014, 19:42 Numinar

OMG this is amazing.

Well, in my mind it is. Better wait to see how the emu is. ICFTD and Rocket Ranger are killer games, and TV sports basketball is still the only BB computer game I have ever really enjoyed.

Oh, and Wings. Motherflippin' Wings. Much better than the band. I would love to see a combination of a Red Baron level Sim with modern tech and the Cinemaware presentation.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II - Black Sea Colonies Culture Pack Pre-purchases
3. Re: Total War: ROME II - Black Sea Colonies Culture Pack Pre-purchases Nov 14, 2014, 13:50 Numinar

Even without the bugs, some of the changes are made for the sake of changes and they have added needless boring micro whilst removing mechanics that were actually fun. The loading times make me not even want to play, but maybe thats my fault for being a peasant.

Attila might be alright if they listened to the feedback, maybe wait for that. Rome 2 put me off full price games until Destiny came out. Such dissapointment

Shogun 2, and especially it's addons, are amazing. Run great, good fun. Can be gotten real cheap, keep an eye out on Steam!

As for not as good as Rome TW? You would be buying/playing very few games if that was your barrier for entry.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Nov 12, 2014, 04:53 Numinar

Is there going to be a consumer revolt against the ending causing HBO to refilm a new finale and sell it as pay per view DLC? It's pretty much where ME3 stole it's maligned "Choose the fate of the galaxy" one from that everyone cried about.

I guess Matrix 3 had it as well.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 17:20 Numinar

Lunar Flight.

Try it, amazing on DK1 and was only recently updated to DK2 (WHich I havn't tried, but can only be better!)

Yeah, it's a small game that does one thing, but it does it so well. It's my favorite VR experience so far. Will try this and ED on DK2 this weekend but I doubt anyone has the GPU grunt to push 75fps without judder.

Yeah, VR is an expensive loner toy. It's not like your wife thinks you are super cool with your headphones/hotas/trackIR as it is though. Just go with it!

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
12. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 14:19 Numinar

Guessing the console versions might be allright, my PC is better than an X360 but FC3 was superior there for this and other unmoddable/non dedicated server UBI style games (After a few patches at least).

Usually games that will work on PS3/X360 have pretty reasonable specs due to the optimizations that need to happen for those platforms. Sometimes though the platform without a 1st party gatekeeper is going to get the least attention.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
11. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 12:50 Numinar

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 11:18:
You guys are an embarrassment for the male gender. Those GamerGate pussies would be real proud of y'all though.

In the meantime: Grow some fucking BALLS fer fuck's sake!

You know what, fair enough. I was talking big before I started as well. The alien itself moves and looks like a thin man in a rubber suit, in reviews and in that game. It's laughable. Until you are under a table watching it's tail slither past and knowing all your crafty bullshit that got you to where you are is on the line and threatened by one mistake.

The soundscape and mechanics coalesce into an evil ball of unrelenting tension that I find really hard to deal with, especially without quickload/quicksave to fall back on. I am not ashamed to say that after some initial hours of frustration and anger in the initial parts of the game I am now in a perpetual state of brown trousers time in the 3 or so "Alien" segments I've experienced so far. Well done CA.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
2. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 09:43 Numinar

Windowed full-screen in AI's options fixes that if these drivers don't.

Not a great solution, but lets me play without those immersion killing super long load screens, and after a slow start, I am really getting into this game.

It may kill me via heart attack as the tension and adrenalin that comes from knowing that it's not fucking FAIR but maybe if you make the right decisions moment to moment you can reach the next save/objective is amazing. Seemed a bit trial and error at first but like Spelunky, once you put the systems together and work out the games logic, it's a reasonably terrifying nightmare ride without too much stupidity.

This after only a few hours though, interesting to see if it keeps it up as I'm not sure how many more tricks it can possibly have up it's sleeve.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2014, 07:02 Numinar

Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 13:11:
Hey people enjoyed the hell out of driving slow, lumbering semi trucks along European highways, so I guess farming isn't that much of a stretch. To each his own.

Relative to your weight and accompanying inertia, those speeds are actually kind of epic. Also I hear that the last Farming sim co-op is actually kind of hilarious in MP. Like that episode of the Simpsons where Homer gets into various near fatal accidents.

There will be a DK2 at this weekends LAN, ET2 is fourth on my list to try out, going to be awesome! Lunar Flight is the best I've ever tried, and that's like Space Truck Sim. Not sure if anyone will have a rig that can pump 75 solid frames out of ED but that might usurp it.

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 31, 2014, 04:21 Numinar

Conspiracy nonsense. If this stuff was ready to go when the the game went gold, it would have been enabled. That Bungies LD/geometry is well ahead of the rest of the design and content is smart.

If it is a case of some evil producer blocking it off for resale, One of the 500 people working on it would have leaked. They are not monsters. Most the people making this game probably play games and actually give a shit, like you.

As for half baked released I haven't purchased such a polished, content rich and replayable shooter since Halo. Most shooters last me a weekend, this is still trucking. Yeah, narrative is a bit shit, it's not Wolfenstein but plenty of games get a pass for worse.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 30, 2014, 13:00 Numinar

Had a few bad months of PS+, but if you don't hate 2d games they have given the best of recent times away for free. Towerfall, Spelunky, Steamworld Dig, Don't Starve. Spelunky especially is a modern classic and they have a LAN mode on the Sony platforms that is really sick.

As for hoping you get multiple triple A releases, well, that happened back when Sony was getting it's ass kicked or at least seriously threatened. They don't need to try anymore with a 50% PS+ attach rate and massive market share lead.

442 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo