Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 06:24
Total Comments 484 (Amateur)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Frozen Synapse 2 Announced
2. Re: Frozen Synapse 2 Announced Feb 13, 2016, 03:04 Numinar

Yeah I wonder. Frozen Cortex was a little more streamlined but in a good way.

Amazing game. The red expansion went a bit crazy and I felt I couldn't be as experimental with it. Same problem as Hotline Miami 2 had.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin
6. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin Feb 2, 2016, 22:26 Numinar

Kxmode wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 21:58:
I'm probably going to get a lack of flake for this but EA providing free games is pretty cool. So far EA has given away Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, Jade Empire: Special Edition and now NFS Most Wanted. I think that's pretty nice of them. By the way it's a $20 game. Might as well claim it.

P.S. I don't like having so many different distribution platforms (GOG Galaxy, Steam, Origin, UPlay), but as platforms go Origin is fine. I've haven't experienced any issues with it.

I don't mind having them all eithery, Steam shouldn't have a total monopoly. UPlay and Origin seem pretty light these days anyway.

But don't mistake their freebies for altruism. It's a marketing ploy to attract users. Sony did the same thing last generation with their lame duck online service. There are still good games coming out on PSPlus, but since they got market dominance they don't feel the need to give out high value AAA titles anymore.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Rolls Out
5. Re: American Truck Simulator Rolls Out Feb 2, 2016, 22:03 Numinar

They should partner with Frontier for the eventual in-atmosphere populated planet gameplay expansion for Elite.

It's kind of the same game but without pew pew pew. ETS2 is so awesome and content rich I think I can afford to wait and see on ATS.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Feb 2, 2016, 05:05 Numinar

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 20:27:
I think the first thing I'm going to do with the mod tools (if possible) is make a "Take Your Time" mod. The one thing I'm not excited about is the "You have 3 turns to get somewhere" crap at the start of every mission.

That turns it from a strategy/tactics game into one of pure luck.

If it's anything like "The Long War" mod for the original, and it seems it's lifting/inspired by that mod a whole lot (Yay!), is that the time pressure is usually there to hand out bonuses for getting lucky/being clever. I think it's because we are all our own worst enemy in Xcom, moving one squadie 3 squares with the rest of the team on over-watch every turn since 1994!

Though I don't see anything wrong with the odd timed "Evac" mission for a bit of tension. Sucks to lose a veteran but war is hell.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jan 30, 2016, 04:42 Numinar

Piracy is going to happen but I hope it's not being affected by perceived value, game is long and universally praised critically. If you pirate this because you aren't shelling out decent money for a puzzle game, even if it's one of the best made in recent years, but then get a dozen hours out of it or more - that's scumbaggery.

Didn't Blow mortgage his house for this? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Game dev is expensive. Even a small team like this is going to cost a small fortune year over year.

News Comments > The Division Beta Filling Up
8. Re: The Division Beta Filling Up Jan 30, 2016, 04:33 Numinar

I'm excited. Looks like a version of Destiny that I can play on my PC. Heavily instanced with small groups like Destiny, but I can deal with that if it plays more like an action game than an MMO. It's wierd pumping hundreds of rounds into named enemies though as they still look like normal human street thugs as opposed to the monstrous aliens of the D.  

News Comments > The Witness Released
14. Re: The Witness Released Jan 28, 2016, 04:34 Numinar

Boy are value propositions a wierd thing. It sounds like this game hits the length and quality milestones a consumer would expect of a full priced game but we won't pay 2/3rds the asking price.

And so the 3rd person action adventures will continue to dominate the market.

News Comments > The Witness Released
2. Re: The Witness Released Jan 26, 2016, 22:30 Numinar

This is actually looking really good. Haven't put that many clams down on a puzzle game since the original Grim Fandango but this might be worth it.  

News Comments > Overkill's Walking Dead Delayed
4. Re: Overkill's Walking Dead Delayed Jan 25, 2016, 04:45 Numinar

Whatever crimes they are meant to have committed recently doesn't mitigate the fact that PD2 is more awesome and successful and than most games released these days can ever dream to be.

The gear was always a bit of a grind, but the co-op and character progression was far more relevant to the game anyway. I'm looking forward to the new thing regardless of what it is.

Not apologising for them, paid content negatively affecting balance/progression can go eat a whole bag of genitals but damn is that game fun, even with strangers.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
9. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 16, 2016, 21:01 Numinar

This reminds me of the lynched corpse logo of Dead Island, that was changed. Not really offensive but to a certain audience VERY offensive. And people getting offended over nothing pisses me off and it stifles debate and art but some things are just bad taste BAD. Like this.

I would like to see more diversity in videogame enemies and settings, as both villains and enemies are almost always white, maybe with an accent for baddies. An awesome Mad Max/Beneath a Steel Sky post apocalyptic Aboriginal focused setting could be awesome if done well, evem with NPC murder, but this is not done well. It's hard to defend the "artistry" of a paint by numbers IOS sequel.

But if you were a member of a population that was treated this poorly even in living memory (They only got voting rights back in the 60's) the "The killing is optional!" line probably doesn't play as well. Remember those pissed off Indians in Red Dead? Similar deal. We all have slaves and slavers in our ancestry but I imagine few of us have as an intense, evil and genocidal recent history as some of these people. Maybe some of you do have this context, last century was rough.

Media lies and sensationalizes and copy pastes. That's not a new thing when it comes to anything let alone games but it should be called out. I have relatives outraged at this on FB and I can't think of a way to argue it and I'm not even mad at them as I know they are not on some kind of SJW crusade, they are reacting to the info they have and their lack of context as they are not massive video game nerds.

It's a tasteless shit game that we would never have heard of if not for this. I wonder if he made more money in the hours leading up to the take-down then they ever had before. I hope those wanker politicians don't use it to walk video games back, as soon as you say Aboriginals are protected in video games (women already have a special dispensation in Australian ratings law) we are on a slippery slope to the 90's with it's Robots bleeding gears and geoblocking nonsense.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer
8. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer Jan 9, 2016, 08:45 Numinar

Bub wrote on Jan 9, 2016, 08:33:
Retro-ing a space RTS to a terrestrial one, sounds retarded to me.

As a long time Homeworld addict, the only thing about this that attracts me is the inclusion of Homeworld remastered in the preorder.

I was about to buy it for that, till I read the requirements, which are beyond my 9 year old game laptop. Oh well maybe next year when I get my usual decade rig replacement.

That laptop belongs in a museum!

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: Conclave Announced
2. Re: Crusader Kings II: Conclave Announced Jan 7, 2016, 11:54 Numinar

This game is the gift that keeps on giving.

I cannot think of a reason why they would make a CK3 when this platform seems capable of so much more than the initial (perfectly awesome) design as they keep expanding. I think I would have preferred more expensive DLC with unit/ruler graphics and associated tunes bundled in but hey, whatever. I'm definitely due for a play through soon though, and the council was already one of my favourite parts of the game so this content drop seems like it will be more than worth it.

News Comments > Free Giants: Citizen Kabuto
1. Re: Free Giants: Citizen Kabuto Dec 11, 2015, 20:59 Numinar

An awesome game about space British, topless nymphs and Gojira.

Kind of went from ran poorly to looking poorly without ever hitting a sweet spot, being from the dark age or early 3D. Reminded me of magic carpet with the resource and light base building aspects. I'll grab it and see if I can play it without wanting to puke.

News Comments > Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star Next Week
1. Re: Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star Next Week Dec 9, 2015, 09:00 Numinar

I dove you long time!  

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced
31. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 18:52 Numinar

Julio wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:08:
DarkV wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 16:29:
No thanks. Tim Schafer is a PoS.

Agreed. A lot of Tim Schafer SJW apologists showed up in this thread, guess DF is feeling the heat and doing some PR.

Oh cool, blue's is turning into a conspiracy website where any contrarian opinion gets called out as shills or cointelpro by closed minded morons! I love when that happens to a beloved website!

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced
19. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 06:55 Numinar

Why all the DF hate? Broken Age is an honest to goodness awesome game with a sick style. It's exactly the sort of adventure game I would have expected lucasarts to make if they hadn't stopped doing them. Trenched was pretty cool, I think Brutal Legend is the greatest heavy metal adventure ever despite its faults and they've had some other decent little games. They are not as awesome as Klei but they are up there in terms of little boutique developers that actually manage to ship stuff without closing down after their second game.

Probably because I'm too smart to put money into games before they ship, so they haven't had a chance to disappoint me. Suckers. As for GG I'd make fun of them to if I had a platform where I though anyone would give a shit what I said.

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Age of Charlemagne Campaign Pack Announced
1. Re: Total War: ATTILA Age of Charlemagne Campaign Pack Announced Nov 25, 2015, 01:19 Numinar

What's the verdict on Attila? Shogun 2 made good with the expansions especially the second, which was amazing. Hopefully it's the same case here. Rome 2 is my least favourite total war of all time which is messed up considering Rome is still my favourite.  

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
19. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 02:32 Numinar

This was a great end to the series, on console (well, ps4 is all I can personally vouch for, I imagine X1 port isn't quite as good but that's a guess). I played through twice and aced most the challenge maps in an age where I don't even finish most games anymore.

What a sad mess. Anyone who wants it gets a refund so no harm done but it's just f'n sad, I'm sure lots of fans will never get to see it played out due to principals/PC snobbery because of this and that sucks.

News Comments > Star Control Founder's Program
4. Re: Star Control Founder's Program Nov 20, 2015, 01:22 Numinar

Fallen Enchantress and Sins of a Solar Empire are amazing PC games. I have faith.

The first few goes at FE sucked though apparently, and I hate GalCiv but others seem to love it.

So sorry Stardock, I'll support you financially AFTER you release if it's anything close to being equal to SC2, which is up there with XCOM and Tie Fighter as my golden age of PC favourites. Good luck with that! It's not like it could turn out worse that SC3...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 18, 2015, 00:44 Numinar

Unity would be good for working out where the historic places in inner city Paris are, it's not 1:1 and it's set 225 years ago but it felt very familiar to my 3 visits to that city. There are lots of historic cafes in that game, I think one of them might have even been one of the ones attacked.

I doubt MS would be happy with the association though regardless of accuracy. Their voip/party chat offers the same utility. A crackdown/bad press on violent or online games hurts everyone.

484 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo