Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Toph O' Rama

Real Name Toph O' Rama   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BurntSoul
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 10, 2006, 03:46
Total Comments 172 (Novice)
User ID 24396

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Stronghold 3 Details
4. Re: Stronghold 3 Details Aug 12, 2010, 21:27 BurntSoul

If thats state of the art graphics I am the king of france ^^

It's good to be the King!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Announced
5. Re: Torchlight 2 Announced Aug 5, 2010, 12:18 BurntSoul

Noted: It will have Internet Multiplayer, AND LAN Multiplayer. Here's to hoping we don't have to authenticate with an Internet server for LAN play first...  

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview
5. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 27, 2010, 18:52 BurntSoul

Totally looking forward to some fun co-op bash-athons. Let's get away from Space Siege and move back to Dungeon Siege!  

News Comments > On OnLive Game Prices
12. Re: On OnLive Game Prices Jun 21, 2010, 22:20 BurntSoul

Wow! I hear something in the background...

...Fl...Fla...Flagshipped?

What does that mean?

News Comments > Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD
60. Re: Kotick: Audience Jun 20, 2010, 21:49 BurntSoul

Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2010, 20:43:
Hey Bobby, doesn't that idea kind of completely destroy the entire concept of piracy? Why are pirates playing shit for free when they could go to the store and PAY for it?
Creston

Bobby does not think it destroys the concept of piracy, and he's right. It's piracy from a different perspective.

I wish I could just post, 'Flagshipped!' and be done with it. The sad thing is, the XBox crowd cannot help themselves. They are slaves to their system (what they unknowingly bought into). Now we're all fucked because of it. You cannot veto this stuff because the wave of people who will blindly purchase everything that glitters just proves his point. People want to be robbed!

News Comments > Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD
13. Re: Kotick: Audience Jun 20, 2010, 14:03 BurntSoul

Yo, Bobby!

I've been dying to pay $10, maybe even up to $15 monthly for a first person shooter.
Make sure you push the initial $50 ($100 for the 'collector's edition', please?) charge onto us as I know I'll be able to grab that first month of play for free! Then maybe you could give us expansion packs every 6 months.
Make sure it costs at least $39.99 - I wouldn't have it any other way! Well... If you make sure to sell us that day zero DLC. I'm a sucker like that. Maybe it could add stuff like the grenade or maybe an AK-47? For $9.99 - wait, if you throw in a baseball hat that buffs my snipe skill, and some horse armor - then it's worth the price!

Fuckin' nitwit

News Comments > Demigod Patched
1. Re: Demigod Patched Jun 9, 2010, 17:02 BurntSoul

You know, I think this game is great. I just patched it up and played a round, which usually takes about 30 minutes. I played a single player match because I had never used the Oculus unit. The game has some really good production value, especially after they fixed all those connection issues at game launch.

It's a great filler type game because matches are so quick, and it definitely is built for some awesome multiplayer matches/tournament type stuff.

I have played some multiplayer matches without issue. No doubt I truly suck at the game, but it is fun nonetheless.

I'll tell you what, though: The game has a level of verbal Tea-Baggerage the likes Counter-Strike could never attain.

And that's why the game is largely empty in the multiplayer lobby. It's a shame, really.

News Comments > Portal Free
21. Re: Portal Free May 12, 2010, 20:29 BurntSoul

Portal: The Valve gateway game. What a fantastic promotion!

News Comments > Mount & Blade Warband Patch
1. Re: Mount & Blade Warband Patch Apr 21, 2010, 18:21 BurntSoul

Two things to note:

1. This game is fun and challenging
2. This is one of the few developers to understand the value of important updates in a timely manner.

News Comments > PC Gamer on "Bad Company 2 Patch Fiasco"
16. Re: PC Gamer on Mar 18, 2010, 09:38 BurntSoul

Smooth Gravy wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 08:51:
Jackplug wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 04:41:
thank god i didnt buy it, sounds like patch 1.3 for BF2..

I have not had any issues, so I may have a different opinion if I were crashing all of the time or lagging, etc., but this game is VERY good. Way better than MW2 or any other FPS out right now. This is the most fun I've had with a game since cod4.

I agree with ya, man. I think the destructible environments, the wide open spaces and the seemingly heavy punch of the weapons definitely have an impact on my experiences so far.

I have had a couple issues with the game (randomly between loading screen and join screen switch, black and white flashing of the video). However, a reinstall of my video drivers fixed that (even though I had recently 'downgraded' my vid drivers since the fan issues with Nvidia latest driver set).

I have also had issues with the control of piloting, though I'm very forgiving in this area as I don't focus on piloting. I think for me that's the only thing that is missing.

In any event, maybe people should note my machine set up so they can compare?

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 6750
2GB OCZ RAM
Gigabyte P35C-DS3R v1.x (God I hate this Mobo)
EVGA Nvidia Gforce GTX 285 (196.21 vid drivers)
Creative SB X-Fi

The video runs liquid smooth with this setup...

Hope this helps

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2010, 09:45.

News Comments > PC Gamer on "Bad Company 2 Patch Fiasco"
11. Re: PC Gamer on Mar 18, 2010, 08:28 BurntSoul

Jippy wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 05:09:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 17, 2010, 23:01:
I've been playing all evening with the new patch and haven't run into any of the problems being discussed. Not sure what's up, maybe it's something on the server side for some hosts.

This 2x

No issues for me since patch, if anything its running slightly better for me. Bummer that others have issues though, you'd think they would have figured it out by now

Yes, this for me makes 3x, so there is some kind of light at the end of the tunnel. Don't give up on 'em yet, guys...

News Comments > More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming
5. Re: More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming Mar 11, 2010, 23:29 BurntSoul

Frijoles wrote on Mar 11, 2010, 23:05:
How are you seeing ping? I only see a - on the server browser. Is there another ping location?

This fixed it for me: Find the executable and set to run as administrator. You should see your pings after that.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again
28. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 8, 2010, 19:38 BurntSoul

hmmm...  

20. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 8, 2010, 18:45 BurntSoul

Prez wrote on Mar 8, 2010, 18:44:
I swear this is making my night! Woohoo

I hear ya, man. I'm glad I had a wait and see attitude with this one.

17. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 8, 2010, 18:42 BurntSoul

You know, you've got to wonder who the hell does their PR and/or marketing management thinks about the future of their games for the PC, to think about implementing DRM like this and then spew it out to customers in a newsbrief as some kind of new boon/feature for their customers.

They could have studied models of companies like Steam/Valve or Impluse/Stardock (over an afternoon, for God's sake) and said, "yeah we are going to implement something just like those guys" (more eloquently, of course) - and then actually do it like that. No they had to be different, they had to be difficult about it and get fancy and shove that fantastic DRM down their paying customers' throats. Where did this cluster fuck get them? Somebody is snorting cocaine over there...

16. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 8, 2010, 18:31 BurntSoul

This is just the ticket for Ubisoft to add terrorist hackers to the blame game equation.  

News Comments > ImpulseTV Launched
5. Re: Game Reviews Feb 18, 2010, 17:34 BurntSoul

Frijoles,

They are pulling from anything they sell inside the Impulse client; some of it is - of course - from Stardock. It looks like they have 32 previews coming up, and 8 are up right now. Examples of what's reviewing now: Star Trek Online, Gratuitous Space Battles, Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity, Spectromancer. Stuff in the future: Dragon Age: Origins, Command and Conquer 4, Mass Effect 2, Mirror's Edge.

It only makes sense that they will make reviews on products they are marketing through their client. The reviews are about 5 minutes in length. Remember this is ImpulseTV so you won't hear negative reviews at all, but at least you'll be able to see how the game looks, feels and plays - skewed opinions aside.

I don't think it's a bad thing they've done. Stardock/Impulse should do what it can with services like these to make for a better experience and draw sales.

News Comments > On Ubisoft's Online DRM
27. Re: On Ubisoft's Online DRM Feb 17, 2010, 22:19 BurntSoul

The reason refunds aren't offered on PC games is simply greed not a technical limitation of DRM.

It has to be something specific along with greed - otherwise we'd also see the same for consoles.

Not allowing for a refund (please, just give me a day to see if I like it) and opening a crappy game just trains the consumer to wait until the price goes down.

19. Re: On Ubisoft's Online DRM Feb 17, 2010, 21:25 BurntSoul

With this kind of DRM, it will most certainly be cracked and pirated.

Well yes I entirely believe you are correct. What I was hinting at was since the DRM is so bad, no sales would be made and in turn Ubisoft would just switch off PC development entirely.

but like LMN8R said, Ubisoft will still try to sell to the PC market with crap DRM like this, and the effect will be that people will not buy their games - or they will pirate the hell out of it.

...Which gives Ubisoft the right to come out and say in a press release, "our sales were only X for our super awesome game, but could have been X*5billion. Unfortunately, that's because of all that massive pirating that happened", argument.

and so it goes, around and around.

Question for everyone: Do you think there will ever be a PC game (digital or boxed), that will have such GREAT DRM that I'll actually be able to get my money back if I don't like it - like I can with those pirate-proof console games? Yes, I'm being sarcastic here...

11. Re: On Ubisoft's Online DRM Feb 17, 2010, 21:00 BurntSoul

The conspiracy that this is a deliberate move to drive people to consoles is stupid. If they wanted people to only buy games on consoles, they wouldn't be making a PC version.

Conspiracy or no, they are doing a fantastic job of destroying their PC player base, aren't they? Yes, they really do embrace their customers...

172 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo