Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PacoTaco

Real Name PacoTaco   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 2, 2006, 09:19
Total Comments 93 (Suspect)
User ID 24352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Pandemic Closure Confirmed
1. Re: Pandemic Closure Confirmed Nov 17, 2009, 15:24 PacoTaco

I posted this on the rumor thread, and too lazy to type it again...

Years and data might not be perfect here, but I am doing this from memory, since some of us knew this would happen 6 years ago, and I know it is hard to follow a bit, but it about the most time I can afford to waste on this subject at this point. The idea here is to show the trend of where things have been going for years.

2001-2003 EA purchased Dreamworks Interactive for Medal of Honor, re-labels studio EALA to capture "movie" talent to increase the "quality" of future products, new EARS management puts the untrained movie makers in charge of making games, movie talent in charge of most departments in EALA, forcing the people that created Medal of Honor to work for them, a lot of them are forced out or quit or out right fired. Medal of Honor franchise produces Rising Sun a terrible game, this trend continues as Activision releases COD taking over their FPS market share. During this same period Pandemic is working with EA on a Strike title, but after months of Executive feedback and the direction, changing Pandemic quits the project, leaving EA with out a new Strike title, picture a really bad GTA style game mixed with military, nothing to do with the original Strike games like Soviet Strike. EA is very upset with Pandemic. EA attempts makes Golden Eye 2 to mediocre success, RTS franchise C&C follows a roller coaster ride up and down, not enough revenue to supply the entire studio the original purchase was based around Medal of Honor dollars, Medal of Honor slowly declines as poor product after poor product are released, years latter it is now a defunct franchise destroyed by internal egos, and the great work the COD teams do.

Neil Young is given control as GM coming down from EARS during this time things are changed, JR after buying Pandemic and Bioware returns as CEO of EA Larry retires to the Chairmen of the Board, Pandemic is separate from EALA but is only 10 miles away from the expensive to run building that contains the newly reformed EALA, many people are laid off from EALA over the years after the failures, Pandemic makes no revenue the games they are creating don’t follow EA direction (as it probably contains stupidity), but not listening and playing the politics creates other problems for Pandemic as they now owned by EA, this goes on for the past 2 years, and now after the revenue projection for Pandemic looks poor they close or merge them into the EALA studio. Neil Young leaves back to EARS and soon leaves to form a new startup. Sean Decker now in charge with the directive to fix it or flush it mentality for EA entire southern California presence.

Next year or 6 months from now expect another round of layoffs from EALA or it will be closed down as C&C and what could be the last Medal of Honor game to come out of EALA fails to generate enough revenue to be worth keeping. Both franchises will be moved to cheaper locations to create, looks like Montréal and or DICE will capture most of this work. The owners of Pandemic are rich from the purchase by Elevation Partners which turned into EA, and will open “Pandemic2” studio with all the talent that is laid off from EALA as EA closes it down. The future of Pandemic 2 is unpredictable but will probably be published by Activision or a hardware manufacture like Sony or MS.

This message was edited on Nov 17, 2009, 15:13.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pandemic Closing?
29. Re: Pandemic Closing? Nov 17, 2009, 15:06 PacoTaco

Years and data might not be perfect here, but I am doing this from memory, since some of us knew this would happen 6 years ago, and I know it is hard to follow a bit, but it about the most time I can afford to waste on this subject at this point. The idea here is to show the trend of where things have been going for years.

2001-2003 EA purchased Dreamworks Interactive for Medal of Honor, re-labels studio EALA to capture "movie" talent to increase the "quality" of future products, new EARS management puts the untrained movie makers in charge of making games, movie talent in charge of most departments in EALA, forcing the people that created Medal of Honor to work for them, a lot of them are forced out or quit or out right fired. Medal of Honor franchise produces Rising Sun a terrible game, this trend continues as Activision releases COD taking over their FPS market share. During this same period Pandemic is working with EA on a Strike title, but after months of Executive feedback and the direction, changing Pandemic quits the project, leaving EA with out a new Strike title, picture a really bad GTA style game mixed with military, nothing to do with the original Strike games like Soviet Strike. EA is very upset with Pandemic. EA attempts makes Golden Eye 2 to mediocre success, RTS franchise C&C follows a roller coaster ride up and down, not enough revenue to supply the entire studio the original purchase was based around Medal of Honor dollars, Medal of Honor slowly declines as poor product after poor product are released, years latter it is now a defunct franchise destroyed by internal egos, and the great work the COD teams do.

Neil Young is given control as GM coming down from EARS during this time things are changed, JR after buying Pandemic and Bioware returns as CEO of EA Larry retires to the Chairmen of the Board, Pandemic is separate from EALA but is only 10 miles away from the expensive to run building that contains the newly reformed EALA, many people are laid off from EALA over the years after the failures, Pandemic makes no revenue the games they are creating don’t follow EA direction (as it probably contains stupidity), but not listening and playing the politics creates other problems for Pandemic as they now owned by EA, this goes on for the past 2 years, and now after the revenue projection for Pandemic looks poor they close or merge them into the EALA studio. Neil Young leaves back to EARS and soon leaves to form a new startup. Sean Decker now in charge with the directive to fix it or flush it mentality for EA entire southern California presence.

Next year or 6 months from now expect another round of layoffs from EALA or it will be closed down as C&C and what could be the last Medal of Honor game to come out of EALA fails to generate enough revenue to be worth keeping. Both franchises will be moved to cheaper locations to create, looks like Montréal and or DICE will capture most of this work. The owners of Pandemic are rich from the purchase by Elevation Partners which turned into EA, and will open “Pandemic2” studio with all the talent that is laid off from EALA as EA closes it down. The future of Pandemic 2 is unpredictable but will probably be published by Activision or a hardware manufacture like Sony or MS.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2009, 15:13.

News Comments > Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface
17. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 18:39 PacoTaco

Yes you are right I am asking them to do for themselves what has already been happening, I look toward Nintendo as a model of a company that has kept its overhead and head count low, driven by perfection, quality, and care to what it's audience wants to buy. EA has killed every evergreen franchise that it has purchased, and company, they have hurt the overall industry, and customers that want to play games. The decline / implosion of EA only shows signs of continuing with the 400 million dollar Play Fish announcement during the same call announcing that it removing more staff. 400 million for a Facebook developer so they can copy Zyenga? Again, following a pattern that everyone knows is sustained only by marketing dollars, stealing information from the consumers who have not realized what is happening to him or her, the backlash has not even begun to come to surface.

Are they removing the right staff, no. Why as shareholders and customers are we waiting for these pinheads to figure out what their own corporate ego will not let them see? People still walk around EA thinking they work for the number one game software company in the world; they are blind, and doomed to failure with no sign of waking up. Next, we will see the term used re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic as they fire the CEO, and finger point to other executives that failed to make the calls that are required in a timely manor. Like so many publishers from the old days, Bally/Midway, Atari, Sega, they will fail until nothing is left, and leave behind what was once considered a great American company.

One thing to be very clear about with less people that are focused on making great games, they will increase the size of the company from a financial and market share perspective. EA peaked at the height of the PS2 and Xbox era they have made countless errors daily, but they still have enough power left to course correct if they have the will to do it.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2009, 18:47.

News Comments > Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface
9. Re: Modern Medal of Honor Rumors Resurface Nov 11, 2009, 14:04 PacoTaco

EA are firing people left and right, if you were sitting at your computer right now reading all the headlines would you be working hard to HELP EA make are great MOH, just so they can lay you off after you finish your work? Do you expect them making any bonus payments to you or are you working while also looking for a job that does not exist? EA torched this franchise out of greed 6 years ago and it has never been the same, and never will, all the talent is gone, it is very sad for me to watch.

When Medal of Honor: Generation Kill fails expect to see the EALA studio gutted, it will no long exist. Pandemic has not generated any return it will be closed as well, the hundred mil a year they spend to keep both LA studios running will be money well saved after they are both closed. After these closings expect the current GM Decker to go back to DICE Sweden with the Medal of Honor and C&C brands and start building them back there. I am sure he would be happy to do it right now if he could, and you can see the process has already started. This will be true for the Dante team at EARS, and Dead Space team which has been recently raped of all key talent in the starting of the new Activision Bay Area studio.

EA is hopeless, and will continue to decline over this next decade. Why? EA stopped having game makers make games, marketing people are in charge of every label, and the entire company, this is a smaller problem when compared to the fact that the company stopped caring about it is consumers, you have a corporate culture built on greed where 90% of a persons day is spent working to keep his or her job, not the products, by 2015 EA’s value will be low enough that Sony and or MS will purchase it to lock the other out of the next generation console war so that one hardware manufacture has the EA sports label and franchises, these sports franchises and maybe the SIMS label will be the only thing left of EA worth any value, which will be 1.4 billon which is what the company is really worth at this point.

My formula for EA’s turn around limit the releases to 20 products a year, limit each team to 80 people including management, marketing, sales, productions, engineering, art, design, audio per product. Keep 200 people to keep the lights on, the bathrooms clean, and the food warm world wide, total of 1800 people, give these people a bonus structure so they share in the companies success (the system was there but was also removed over this past decade), put the company back into the hands of people that actually build games for a living, remove the corporate culture based on greed, try to push it toward a culture that believes that making games for a living is a craft that requires rare talent, and that by creating a great game the reward is felt through out the entire team, every person being able to afford to build a life for themselves where they feel like they have a secure future, reward the faithful customers that work hard to save money to buy your game by giving them entertainment, and a pure joyful feeling that they made the right decision to trust you with their time and money.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2009, 14:47.

News Comments > Zenimax Eyeing Valve?
26. Re: Zenimax Eyeing Valve? Oct 26, 2009, 17:17 PacoTaco

Dumb rumor will never happen.  

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue
46. Re: Stargate Worlds Woes Oct 15, 2009, 13:18 PacoTaco

I remember a bunch of people getting all excited about this product years ago, but never understood why myself.

Now that I take a hard look at it screen shots look like crap, and I don't get why anyone would care about this property. The movie was a B the show was a C or D and making a game about it never made any sense to me, so still confused why it was started and hate seeing all that work go down the toliet bowl no matter what or why they started this effort.

News Comments > Shaba Games Closed?
3. Re: Shaba Games Closed? Oct 8, 2009, 12:48 PacoTaco

GH isn't a hard game to produce, and Activision has plenty of cheaper studios that can bang them out? Only thing I can think of, I like Shaba though hope its not true. Also when Activision closes a studio they seem to keep the people around for years like what was Z-Axis which became Activision Foster City, then became Underground studio's is still a functioning operation that has done GH: Van Halen, and it probally working on something new. Closing might be the best thing, because Underground was closed almost 2 years ago.

Never mind I just recieved confirmation.. sadness.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2009, 12:53.

News Comments > EVE Online: Dominion Announced
6. Re: EVE Online: Dominion Announced Sep 1, 2009, 02:34 PacoTaco

CCP Dev 1: Numbers are dropping, subs are canceled, hurry hit the make announcement button filled with lies, maybe we can find more suckers out there who want to be raped, we need them.

CCP Dev 2: Roger that, hurry get auto generated splash screen up, OK do have any lies ready?

CCP Dev 1: Nope.

CCP Dev 2: Damit ok let's just link a video we released 4 months ago, it will really trick them, maybe they wont notice?

CCP Dev 1: Well it should give us time to figure out how to over promise and under deliver again.

CCP Dev 2: True at least we will have months to make up the things of why we didn't do what we said would be done already this year.

CCP Dev 1: Yep, keep it rolling.

A tale told by CCP ILUDRDOC (ILoveUsingDateRapeDrugsOnCustomers)

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2009, 02:35.

News Comments > PC Battlefield 1943 Delay
1. Re: PC Battlefield 1943 Delay Aug 21, 2009, 00:20 PacoTaco

Sort of sad that PC gaming gets the shaft this way, again. Please don't use Gamespy again it was terrible for bf2.  

News Comments > id Interview
1. Re: id Interview Aug 19, 2009, 05:42 PacoTaco

Ship a good game dam it, lots of press lately no mustard in years, and years..

Most people were playing or trying to play Valve games at your own convention, I know you guys smell the coffee, and are trying, ship a game that sells 5mil across all platforms, then talk.

News Comments > EVE Online Retail Bonuses
11. Re: EVE Online Retail Bonuses Feb 6, 2009, 15:33 PacoTaco

Rigs you get a 14 day free trial, I wouldn't go spend money on the boxed version, its just a load of hype with things you can download for free, if you like the free version and the cost of the box pays for the subscriptions then get it at that time. Free sub coupons cost them nothing.

The game hit its peak about a year ago, the last 2 expansions have ruined the game in my opinion. I was playing 3-8 hours a day for 3 years straight, now I just try to help people avoid Eve. Read my previous rants about Eve.

News Comments > EVE Online Interview
8. Re: EVE Online Interview Feb 4, 2009, 22:33 PacoTaco

I fought in every type of fight there is in Eve, 3 accounts and specialized each main one for specific races, skills, spent 3 years training. I had some great times, but when they made all these changes to combat a few months ago all the things that kept me being interested in Eve went away.

I still have billions in Isk and could play the game for free via the GTC system for a year, but why even support a group of game dev's that don't listen to the people that pay for them to make the game.

You can read my other posts/rants for all my other reasons. FUCK CCP

News Comments > EVE Online Interview
1. Re: EVE Online Interview Feb 4, 2009, 06:54 PacoTaco

I wonder if this is the idiot mofo that retuned the entire combat system and f****d it up? This newer crop of Eve Devs suck ass, why would anyone buy a boxed product when they can download it for free and then pay to be bored for a year until their character becomes good enough at making isk and combat then to have it nerfed to death like so many of us who paid to be f****d over.

I am waiting for Iceland to melt and take CCP with it, thank god for global warming.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2009, 07:00.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jan 30, 2009, 21:30 PacoTaco

PC game industry was not hurt by MS that much, broadband did a lot more damage it allows everyone to steal the games and distribute them, customers also got more savvy now in the 4th decade of personal computer usage, things change and die if they do not adapt, consider me as hard a core developer and player of PC games in the world, makes you sick to know you spent years working on something that gets stolen all over the world, but I don't expect customers to change its human nature to take when you don't have to pay for something, and I can't blame the developers for not spending millions on copy protection that would get them flamed.

PC games aren't dead they have evolved to the MMO genre and are making very good money more then ever, centralized server, subscriptions it is done, billions are made every year.

The rest of the games put out for PC are just shovel wear ports from the console version in the hope of offsetting some development costs, most of these end up being given away for free as marketing tools.

Some people just missed the change I guess? Blaming MS is like blaming the sun for rising every morning, has nothing to do with them, same thing happened to the coin-operated industry back in the day when PC games were introduced, it was a better product and more assessable, in this case it is a group of products that cannot be stolen or played well by the mainstream customer with out the owner getting the money, slight change right? Just worth billions every year, and most of the new money spent on PC development is dedicated to chasing that pile of money.

The article is ridiculous and agreeing with it is proves a lack of total understanding of the games industry, and how it works.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2009, 21:41.

News Comments > Earthrise Beta Signups
7. Re: Earthrise Beta Signups Jan 6, 2009, 18:05 PacoTaco

Could anyone post a link to screen shots of this game? I didn't see any for some reason, didn't want to waste time with out seeing the game.

Never mind I see them.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2009, 18:17.

News Comments > On Star Wars: The Old Republic's "Stylized Realism"
17. Re: On Star Wars: The Old Republic's "Stylized Realism" Jan 4, 2009, 03:46 PacoTaco

This look is disappointing, along with STO, Eve sucks a donkey but I like the art direction better then both of these current upcoming projects.

Lighting and the shaders, the same data would work fine, they just need to decide to put in the work to make the change. I doubt they will I am sure half the budget for both projects is justified by everyone going to every review meeting and thinking Hey this is our space version of WOW which is what the world really needs and will make us 1 billion a year for starters! And this art style is much easier to off shore to China and India and where ever else they are sending the work too.

News Comments > Cancelled Stormbirds Revealed
6. Re: Cancelled Stormbirds Revealed Jan 3, 2009, 19:36 PacoTaco

If the game looked anything like that someone else will pick up, looked great in the video wonder what the real game looks like? Any videos of that?  

News Comments > CCP May be Forced from Iceland
10. Re: CCP May be Forced from Iceland Dec 23, 2008, 16:43 PacoTaco

I have had a plenty of sleep! I am really happy Blues lets me vent the truth about something that gets censored and removed on the CCP forums.

Did I say they are cock smokers enough?

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2008, 16:44.

News Comments > CCP May be Forced from Iceland
8. Re: CCP May be Forced from Iceland Dec 23, 2008, 14:37 PacoTaco

Burn baby BURN... Reason for the Record was all the free 5 day subs they are sending out so they can make a press release.

As stated before CCP play their own game, cheating as much as they can get away with, source code was released, CCP employees were caught cheating t20 scandal, Tower exploit recently discovered which they have been using for years, on and on and on.

I have personally witnessed CCP devs on the server helping their own people out "friends of CCP" when trapped and locked down by paying players, this is not bs 20 of us watched this happen, then were all muted for hours when we kept screaming about it in local, we created petitions, they were all closed by the dev that did the move, he took a ship that was about to be destroyed worth billions with cargo and moved it to a safe system.

We had this ship and person locked down for 4 days, every day about 5 minutes before down time he would log in and attempt to get his ship out of trouble, we all responded as soon as he logged in, and kept him down, beating on him until logged again, then on the 4th day a dev came into the system in an indestructible ship as we had the entry gate camped it was pretty cool at first, he was talking to us, then we realized why he was there when the person logged in and he froze us in space, and watched as the ship was moved out of the system, we all lost our shit over him helping out someone he knew, he then threatened to ban us for profanity if we kept it up, and muted us all for hours, so we couldn't say anything.

It's all about Karma, they do bad things to people with the small amount of power they have and in turn that evil comes back on them. They are drunk cock smokers that deserve nothing less then pure karmic justice.

Do not take my word for it, watch this years Fan Fest videos, watch as the devs describe the new features and can't explain why they did these changes, watch them lie again about the time line for the release of Tech 3 and Walking in Stations to keep the few subscribers they have.

All the nerfs, who makes major changes to a combat system from the ground up 5 years after release? CCP did, as I look at the forums I see thousands of comments about the speed, and missile nerfs alone and people who love the game begging them to fix things that have been broken for years.

Eat a bag of Icelandic Dicks CCP while you can afford them!

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2008, 14:44.

News Comments > More EVE Online Follow-up
6. Re: More EVE Online Follow-up Dec 20, 2008, 22:17 PacoTaco

Both you guys are CCP sheep, look I played the game for 3 years with 3 accounts and never cheated, you know this "Tower issue" has been in the game for years and CCP devs are members of alliances that have used it.

Why do you think they kept feeding BOB T2 BPO's, How do you think BOB got 30 Titans, and live in an entire region the best part of Eve space that was changed over the years to become better. Keep being CCP sheep and paying these idiots to stay in business, I just finally woke up after all the nerfs this year I snapped out of it.

I know how you feel, read my old posts when I actually supported this game. Its a pile of shit so are CCP, and I wish I could tell more about how I know this but I can't, just save yourself from wasting time on this game if you think its fair, and if you don't care then it won't matter, have what ever fun you can have until you run out of content.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2008, 22:29.

93 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo