Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Martin T

Real Name Martin T   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ibm
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Old school gamer who still loves new games but finds lots of time to play the ebst of the classics as well.
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 2, 2006, 09:08
Total Comments 567 (Apprentice)
User ID 24350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. CCP Newcastle Jun 30, 2010, 03:29 ibm

As if Icelandic accents weren't bad enough...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gold - Disciples III: Renaissance
4. Re: Gold - Disciples III: Renaissance Jun 30, 2010, 03:28 ibm

Coolone wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 20:31:
I love Disciples 2, but I'm a little sceptical of this one, given that it's a different dev, and they changed a TON of stuff core to the game

Same, the moving of the leader round the world map seems more like King's Bounty but worse.

Much more interested in Elemental - War of Magic at the moment.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2010, 05:30.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 23
2. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 23 Jun 26, 2010, 19:02 ibm

No Deus Ex in the top ten trailers? Star Wars 'Hope' was pretty bad, although it did have a lot to live up to, comparing it to the first one.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 22
3. Re: PC Games that went missing Jun 26, 2010, 09:52 ibm

Pretty sure they'll be plenty of The Last Guardian at the Tokyo Game Show at least.

Good list from Big Download though, I'd forgotten about some of them, or at least didn't miss them amongst all the E3 coverage.

News Comments > APB Audio Ads
34. Re: APB Audio Ads Jun 26, 2010, 04:50 ibm

Esoteric wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 21:58:
ibm wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 20:05:
Creston wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 14:59:
So, pay 50 bucks for the game, pay 15 bucks a month for MMO fees, AND hear irritating audio ads?

Nice.

Creston

Don't forget the microtransactions as well.

Uh, there are no microtransactions, that is, items sold by RTW, in this game.

You buy ingame currency to spend on player made stuff. That's still a microtransaction isn't it? Just because you're not buying the item from RTW you're buying the currency from them. Yes you can earn the ingame currency yourself by selling stuff but the economy still gets seeded by exchanging your real money for ingame currency to start with.

News Comments > Game Company Helped Scuttle UK Tax Breaks?
2. Re: Game Company Helped Scuttle UK Tax Breaks? Jun 25, 2010, 20:19 ibm

One of the insiders was Revolution Software's Charles Cecil according to GI.biz  

News Comments > APB Audio Ads
29. Re: APB Audio Ads Jun 25, 2010, 20:05 ibm

Creston wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 14:59:
So, pay 50 bucks for the game, pay 15 bucks a month for MMO fees, AND hear irritating audio ads?

Nice.

Creston

Don't forget the microtransactions as well.

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 2 Dropping GFWL for Steamworks
17. Re: Kane & Lynch 2 Dropping GFWL for Steamworks Jun 22, 2010, 18:55 ibm

Excellent, a cool quote to throw at people who still defend GFWL when I'm bashing it on forums  

News Comments > StarCraft II Website
7. Re: StarCraft II Website Jun 22, 2010, 05:43 ibm

Had a lot of fun and played a lot of games in beta but yeah, don't think I'll be buying it until Bnet 2 goes through some changes.

Will be plenty of tourneys to watch to get my fix whilst I wait anyway.

Oh and I got Viking Pilot

From your answers, it's clear that living life to its fullest has never been a problem for you. While you pride yourself on having survived over a dozen high-speed hoverbike crashes, the Dominion has taken note of the threat that your wild antics pose to the population at large. Fortunately, we've been looking for an adventurous individual just like you to pilot our newest anti-air and ground-support weapon system. We call it the viking, a modern marvel capable of reconfiguring between an air-superiority fighter and an assault walker. You are hereby summoned to the nearest starport to begin flight school. Make no mistake: only the most skilled pilots will ever master the viking. But if you do, fame and glory await!

Flattering nerds helps to sell games.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 12
1. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 12 Jun 21, 2010, 05:26 ibm

Bio XCOM needs a name change.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 18, 2010, 19:10 ibm

Yep hopefully she means all the spam mail people get when some random friend does some shitty quiz will stop aswell.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 15, 2010, 10:22 ibm

Well worth linking to HardOCP for the "New Xbox 360 250GB Unboxing". One sentence and two pictures.

How about actually linking to Endgadget for the money shot http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/xbox-360-250gb-first-unboxing/

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 3
2. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 3 Jun 15, 2010, 10:15 ibm

Boring? Microsoft's Nintendofication is hilarious. Having to hold your hand still over an icon for 5 seconds to select things on a menu is amazing. Such an improvement over just pressing a button. Fake Kinect game footage, that girl was running on the spot 5 times faster than the guy and he still pulled out a huge lead, just as well there was a close 'exciting' finish to the 200 metre hurdle race. Bi-polar inducing switch from ultra violent blood and guts shooters like new Gears to a 6 year old actress stroking her pussy, or tiger, whatever.

Microsoft's press conference was comedy gold.

News Comments > XCOM Trailer
39. Re: XCOM Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 04:40 ibm

Looks like a TF2 mod, except slower paced.

I'll with hold judgement of course bu...

oh sod it, looks like a fucking pile of shit. They better hurry up and show some of the old XCOM gameplay to recover this shit. Obviously not turn based isometric stuff but at least some base management, large scale of operations (not just some small town), research and development, character development etc etc.

I could accept some really basic looking first person shooter style on away missions if there was some indepth groundwork behind it.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2010, 04:47.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Alien Breed: Impact
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Alien Breed: Impact Jun 4, 2010, 03:49 ibm

If you only want single player then get Shadowgrounds instead, it's half the price and very similar gameplay.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: Legal Briefs May 24, 2010, 19:24 ibm

I thought the irish were always up for the crack?  

News Comments > SEGA Genesis Games for PCs Next Month
6. Re: SEGA Genesis Games for PCs Next Month May 21, 2010, 16:07 ibm

Buck Rogers, I'd buy that. Probably my favourite game on the megadrive. (Already have the rom, along with hundreds of others, on my PC and use it with an emulator of course but I'd still chuck Sega a few dollars in thanks)  

News Comments > PC Fable III Confirmed
7. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 10:57 ibm

I think it's pretty cool it's going to come back the PC, obviously the direction the series has gone in is not to all PC gamers taste but I'm pretty likely to buy it.

edit: oh fuck, I take that back, just seen the price 39.99? lol gtfo!

Glad it's come back to the pc but I'll be waiting a few months until it comes down in price, if it ever comes off exclusive to GFWL download anyway (do they have sales?)

This comment was edited on May 21, 2010, 11:34.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 16, 2010, 18:08 ibm

That Charlie Brooker clip is from his Gameswipe program - basically an overview of videogames including a brief history and the different genre's, interspersed with a few mini reviews and interviews from a couple of celebs and industry peeps.  

News Comments > PC Fable 3 Confirmed?
12. Re: PC Fable 3 Confirmed? May 15, 2010, 13:29 ibm

Even though Molynuex/lionhead abandoned the PC and Fable is regressing into more adventure than rpg I'll probably be buying it just for the vocal talents of John Cleese  

567 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo