Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Martin T

Real Name Martin T   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ibm
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Old school gamer who still loves new games but finds lots of time to play the ebst of the classics as well.
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 2, 2006, 09:08
Total Comments 566 (Apprentice)
User ID 24350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Codemasters Lawsuit
12. Re: Codemasters Lawsuit May 11, 2010, 03:53 ibm

Darks wrote on May 10, 2010, 15:21:
He means that they physically took some of their team members and transferred them to their team. Sounds kind of hooky to me, but thatís how I read it.

Kidnapped?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site
9. Re: Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site May 8, 2010, 16:03 ibm

Yeah no surprise, they even make small local clubs jump through plenty of hoops if you want a warhammer gaming club.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Demo, Welcome Back Weekend
16. Re: Star Trek Online Demo, Welcome Back Weekend May 8, 2010, 06:51 ibm

If you've played it during beta then your 5 minutes of fun have been used up already I'm afraid.  

News Comments > Spiderweb Software's Plans
3. Re: Spiderweb Software's Plans May 6, 2010, 06:21 ibm

Cheaper price would be good. They're not really priced as "low-budget retro" games.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 4 Installer Coming
2. Re: MechWarrior 4 Installer Coming May 4, 2010, 09:53 ibm

I'll be grateful when I can get to play it.  

News Comments > APB in June/July Subscriptions Details
20. Re: APB in June/July Subscriptions Details May 1, 2010, 07:41 ibm

True but looking at the weapons in the shops, the type of missions and the character progression as you level (next to none) it's hard to deduce much else. I hope I'm wrong because it can be fun, it just needs some form of advancement other than looking at you reputation score. Not necessarily magic skills or whatever just some depth to promote a feeling of progression.

Is there any point to having and paying for a persistant online world if nothing ever changes? (even it's inhabitants?)

This comment was edited on May 1, 2010, 07:53.

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Beta Updated "Premium" Plans Revealed
3. Re: QUAKE LIVE Beta Updated "Premium" Plans Revealed May 1, 2010, 07:20 ibm

Bethesda? What have they got to do with it? Seems I've missed something really obvious here  

News Comments > APB in June/July Subscriptions Details
18. Re: APB in June/July Subscriptions Details May 1, 2010, 07:13 ibm

WyldKat wrote on May 1, 2010, 06:14:
It doesn't seem like a bad pricing model for an MMO.

At it's core you could pay $10/mo instead of $15/mo like most MMOs for unlimited play. Or you could buy "hours" if you are more of a casual gamer. You can also make things in game and apparently sell them for hours, which is pretty cool.

Yeah but fps games like CoD MW2 have more character development than APB, more weapons, better fps gameplay and it's free to play online.

CoD MW 2 is just an example I don't really play it much any more. I've been in the APB beta for a few months, admittedly it's been 2 hours a week for the majority of that time due to the only thing they seem to be testing throughout beta is their log in server and the multiple instance based server code. There really is no gameplay depth to this game compared to other mmo's.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Patched
5. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Apr 27, 2010, 04:27 ibm

Well this was a hotfix to stop zerg players who knew of the larva bug winning every game. It was kind of a big deal but only in a sort of "lol blizzfail" sort of way. Everyone knew it would be fixed within 24 hours of the main patch.

But I agree, posts about patch notes are pretty pointless, people playing the game know about them, so all the posts do is inform non players that a game in beta is being worked on...

But then so are the top ten steam game posts or steam client updates, anyone who uses steam will know these already just through the process of using it.

News Comments > etc.
12. Rain in Everquest Apr 26, 2010, 05:30 ibm

Yeah the rain in Morrowind was nice, but when I first played EQ hunting in Qeynos Hills (I think that was the zone anyway) became very atmospheric and nerve wracking when it started to rain and the fog descended. Couldn't see the mobs until they were almost in aggro range and the guard towers were out of sight so was difficult to run to safety and of course good luck finding your corpse

Since then I've always been dissapointed in weather effects in any mmo I've played since. They're usually far to superficial and have no effect on gameplay. EQ's rain didn't have any technical effect on gameplay of course but it certainly made playing more difficult, which was a 'real' effect at least.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 19, 2010, 06:12 ibm

DT's have hair fetish?

I guess Blizzard have money to burn on crap adverts.

News Comments > WoW, That's an Expensive Horse
81. Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse Apr 16, 2010, 09:17 ibm

Some hilarious and ridiculous viewpoints here, mainly from the nerds who spend money on virtual experiences (games) lambasting other nerds for spending money on virtual items.  

News Comments > WoW, That's an Expensive Horse
59. Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse Apr 16, 2010, 04:14 ibm

I would buy this if I still played. Just because it looks better than the majority of the mounts in game. I wouldn't of bought any pets though as I already had the little phoenix.

Grind faction for days/weeks/months depending on how long you play for or spend $25 to get a nice mount, seems like an easy choice from one perspective.

Then again, when you compare what else you could get for $25 the price is pretty ridiculous. Just compared to other DLC for games or expansions.

News Comments > PC Breach to Follow XBLA Version
1. Re: PC Breach to Follow XBLA Version Mar 28, 2010, 16:32 ibm

Don't know anything about the game, but I hope more XBLA games come to the PC.  

News Comments > APB Trailer & Screenshots
6. Re: APB Trailer & Screenshots Mar 28, 2010, 06:36 ibm

sir wrote on Mar 27, 2010, 12:48:
Quite ironic then, that after around 10 hours of play the beta of this game has shown the most promise that I can recall since playing World of Warcraft in late 2004 (although, obviously, the two games are worlds apart in theme and - yes - in gameplay terms).

That's also an indicator of it's biggest problem, shows promise but delivers little.

Sort of like on a kid's school report the teacher doesn't want to come out and say, "at the moment little Jonny is below average."

Only had 8 hours myself because I'm stuck in the log in tester group who only get 2 hours a week.

edit: auto quote tags broken? seems to need a space before and after the quote tags.

News Comments > Third APB Closed Beta Underway
13. Re: Third APB Closed Beta Underway Mar 20, 2010, 13:27 ibm

You are quite mistaken about the current APB test then.  

News Comments > Lord of Ultima Open Beta
4. Re: Lord of Ultima Open Beta Mar 20, 2010, 13:20 ibm

It's suffering today though, very laggy. Not sure if it's caused by not enough bandwith or underpowered servers.  

News Comments > Third APB Closed Beta Underway
2. Re: Third APB Closed Beta Underway Mar 19, 2010, 11:47 ibm

Hopefully the action will last longer soon, one 2 hour play session on a Sunday (for the beta tester group I'm in) isn't the best. (4 hours a week for the other group)  

News Comments > GDC 2010 Sets Attendance Record, GDC 2011 Sets Date
1. Re: GDC 2010 Sets Attendance Record, GDC 2011 Sets Date Mar 16, 2010, 06:01 ibm

Was really good this year, watched the livestream on Gamebreakr, quite a few nice little interviews. Gary Gannon from the old MOG podcast hosted. Vids are available on his site, Smed and Koster were a couple of big names they grabbed.

Still need to find out who from CCP was thrown out of a hotel for oil wrestling though, repeated drunken calls to room service demanding oil probably tipped off management

Power Gig looked highly dubious with it's 'real' guitars that when not being played with the Rockband type game can be plugged into an amp and played normally. No hands on demo's, just a mock up of a room with some people playing it.

Need to find a room big enough to put that giant ball cage (can't remember the name) in to play some fps games though!

Shame Blue didn't throw out a link to the livestream though.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2010, 06:08.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Booth Babes 2010: The Girls of Cebit on PC Games Hardware. Mar 4, 2010, 05:33 ibm

so an easy lay then? Bonus.  

566 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo