Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 753 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > THQ Director Blames Piracy for Iron Lore Closure
70. Re: piracy apologists Mar 4, 2008, 09:05 Paketep

Read. Nobody is justifying piracy. We are saying why we are NOT BUYING from some of them anymore. Their fault.

And PC gaming has been dying for more than 20 years. I'm still playing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ Director Blames Piracy for Iron Lore Closure
63. No subject Mar 4, 2008, 07:13 Paketep

You know what hurts sales?. Developers making really stupid comments!.

Right now, I have no desire to buy anything at all from CliffyB, Chris Taylor, Peter Molyneux or THQ. You know why?. Less than stellar games, with stupid & useless DRM in them. Plus, they dare blame us for their loss of sales.

UT3: more of the same. Consolized.
Supreme Commander: nowhere near Total Annihilation.
Fable: meh.
Titan Quest & expansion: buggy (yeah, without being cracked!), pretty Diablo clone, but nothing special.

Sins of a Solar Empire, on the other hand: great game, great support, great price, no DRM. Sure buy for me.

THQ had it right with Company of Heroes, but OppFront's protection has made me decide not to buy any more games from them.

And they only have themselves to blame. So stop crying, start making better games, release with less bugs, don't give us a f***ing port from the consoles and drop the prices a bit. We'll come running. If you treat us like thieves and give us a bad experience, we won't buy from you. Don't blame piracy.

Oh, and read this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93755

Edit: wrong link

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 07:15.

News Comments > Frontlines: Fuel of War Patch
1. No subject Mar 1, 2008, 06:20 Paketep

Stupid stupid stupid protection. When will they learn?.

There was a crack from the first day for the 1.0, and there is already a crack for 1.01. Why do they continue f***ing their customers with useless measures?

News Comments > Hellgate: London Patch Plans
6. Re: R.I.P. HG:L Feb 21, 2008, 10:34 Paketep

What really killed the game:

- It's boring
- It's ugly
- It's buggy
- Doesn't have LAN

and, more importantly

- It's a POS

News Comments > Gears of War 2 Announced
5. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2008, 16:19 Paketep

It breaks my heart, since I've bought everything Epic has done (even the shareware games!), but I have to agree with #2:

GoW PC -> Totally broken port of a meh game

UT3 -> Better done, but it's more of the same, has too much emphasis on consoles, it is dumbed down and the horrible UI makes me want to go back to UT2004

CliffyB's stupid comments the other day seem like the final nail in Epic's coffin

News Comments > Hellgate London Lifetime Subscription Deadline
1. No subject Jan 21, 2008, 19:30 Paketep

Lifetime subscription?. Is anyone even paying a monthly subscription?

News Comments > It Came from CES 2008, Part 1
5. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2008, 16:42 Paketep

And also to those who bought Viva Piņata and had to f*ck*ng create a Windows Live account to be able to save... on single player, FFS!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Video
36. No subject Dec 19, 2007, 13:20 Paketep

Next trailer (sorry, teaser), 2017!

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patches
13. Re: No subject Dec 12, 2007, 19:36 Paketep

There was never protection on the first game...

Exactly!. And how much did it sell?. Why the protection now, then?

Bullshit, you only have to do this if you don't have the CD in the drive. Bitch all you want, but THQ and Relic have bent over backwards not to hurt the paying customer with anti piracy measures. You don't need to disable your network either.

And why should I have to have the CD in the drive?. Why do I have to keep close the CDs from every game I own so I can play them, when anyone can just download an .exe from some website and jump over the copy protection?. This is 2007, I think "CD in the drive" protections should have been abolished by now.

And why do I have to have a net connection if I don't want to have a CD on my drive?. Why do I have to login to Relic to play single player?.

Sorry, man, Relic did it wonderfully with the CoH vanilla, but this time, they dropped the ball.
This comment was edited on Dec 12, 19:39.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patches
8. No subject Dec 12, 2007, 18:27 Paketep

And let's not forget how shaky the net code is. Sometimes I can't even play with some friends over LAN!. And the guides at the Relic forums say things like "don't set your router as your DNS". My god, how is the net code programmed if that breaks the game?.

CoH's net code was bad, but OF's is even worse!.

Plus, some time has passed since the release. Couldn't they drop the stupid protection now like they did with the original? (best move I've seen in years, and they f*cked it up with all this log in online crap). I can assure you... the pirates are playing and they don't mind your pity protection. We, your customers, do!

News Comments > Hellgate: London Patch Plans
10. No subject Nov 27, 2007, 06:27 Paketep

Heh, just the fact that the patch is 0.x is yet another recognition that they've been selling a beta.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Beta Continues
1. No subject Nov 15, 2007, 11:12 Paketep

Is that a recognition that the game should have stayed in beta for another 6 months?. Well, in true beta, for betatesters, not for customers as it is now.

News Comments > Defending Hellgate: London
71. No subject Nov 8, 2007, 11:06 Paketep

No LAN.

'nuff said.

News Comments > Irrational Games Becomes 2K Boston and 2K Australia
2. No subject Aug 10, 2007, 16:01 Paketep

Damned idiots. F*ck Take-Two

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 16:02.

News Comments > TrackMania United StarForce-ectomy
3. No subject Jul 2, 2007, 11:04 Paketep

About effing time.

News Comments > Torrente 3 Announced
5. No subject May 15, 2007, 12:21 Paketep

I'm Spanish, and I'm ashamed of the movie, the game, and the fact that they had the balls to try and sell it outside Spain.

Avoid it like the shit it is.

News Comments > TrackMania United NA Date
6. Re: No subject Apr 27, 2007, 03:18 Paketep

Rootkit or not, it's StarForce just the same, and I will not give money to Nadeo if part of it is going to those b*st*rds.

So, again, no cookie for Nadeo.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - UK TrackMania United
2. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2007, 05:09 Paketep

Yep. Avoid like the plague.

News Comments > TrackMania: United Release Plans
11. No subject Oct 30, 2006, 05:22 Paketep

I have TM:O and TM:S (plus the first three VirtualSkippers), and I really love them, but I won't be buying this one. I'm tired of the StarForce sh*t, and of the abuse you get in their forums if you *dare* criticize them for using it.

L0cky, you can say whatever you want. I know I've had freezes with the original TM that went away with the cracked version. And I know that I've had loads of coasters, and that magically went away when I uninstalled the StarForce drivers. I love how loads of people think that since they've had no problems, everybody that says otherwise is lying.

SF is unnecessary and useless (it can be bypassed), and I won't be giving them my money if they're calling me a thief and f*cking with my computer. Which is a pity, because the game is really good.

Edit: spelling
This comment was edited on Oct 30, 05:24.

News Comments > Titan Quest Patches
8. No subject Sep 5, 2006, 17:40 Paketep

Installed the patch, it completely deleted my character and settings. No way to recover via undelete utils since it was in my C drive and I did some things between installing the patch and trying the game.

I'm uninstalling the f*cker right now, and Iron Lore goes to my permanent list of "no buy" companies. Congratulations.

753 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo