Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 753 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > More on PC Gaming
21. No subject Apr 24, 2008, 08:38 Paketep

Amen to #1

Epic and its presence in the PCGA (as that of Microsoft) is a joke.

Nowadays, all you get from Epic are stupid comments and constant whining. Mark, Cliffy, Tim, Mike, shut up and make a good game. And if you target PC, do it like you should, don't give us crap ports!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TrackMania Nations Forever Free Release
5. No subject Apr 16, 2008, 10:00 Paketep

Funny seeing Florent speaking about the PC when his stubborness with SF (plus his abysmal PR) was one of the things damaging the platform and making them lose sales.

News Comments > TrackMania United/Forever Patch
10. No subject Apr 15, 2008, 17:24 Paketep

And they finally dumped StarForce. About f***ing time!!!

News Comments > Demigod on Impulse
4. No subject Apr 7, 2008, 12:45 Paketep

I'm glad and everything, but it is strange that Chris Taylor agreed to this after his comments about piracy last month.

Perhaps he's finally learned to shut up and concentrate on what really matters: the quality of your game.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Beta Patch
2. No subject Apr 5, 2008, 16:50 Paketep

Whoa, a new patch for Hellgate: London Beta!

News Comments > Age of Empires III Patch Status
5. No subject Mar 25, 2008, 05:20 Paketep

Exactly. I buy my games, and I'm tired of hearing always all the same excuses: piracy blah blah more piracy.

Stardock and Valve are examples that if you make a good game, don't riddle it with DRM up your ass and don't overprice, everybody will buy it.

News Comments > Age of Empires III Patch Status
2. No subject Mar 24, 2008, 18:04 Paketep

Wrong, Mr. Shelley. You make great games, but here you are dead wrong. And BTW, piracy is not stealing. Sorry.

Also:

http://torrentfreak.com/good-pirates-help-businesses-sell-more-product-080324/

News Comments > Punkbuster to Fuel Frontlines: Fuel of War
4. No subject Mar 18, 2008, 19:55 Paketep

PB is just another useless crap that doesn't avoid cheating and just consumes more memory (and even installs as an automatic service), and even gives some false positives.

Just drop it. And the protection as well. We just want the game, you know?

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Patch
1. No subject Mar 18, 2008, 11:50 Paketep

Since it doesn't have any trace of copy protection removal, they can go f*** themselves.

My CoH is staying in 1.71, and my OF in the shelf, thank you.

News Comments > Dawn of War 2 Dawning?
4. No subject Mar 11, 2008, 16:42 Paketep

If it has SecuROM, they can eat it.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch
18. No subject Mar 5, 2008, 15:16 Paketep

BTW, WH40K: Soulstorm?. Already out & cracked.

I'm not saying it's OK (it isn't). But what purpose did SecuROM serve?. None.

17. Re: Oh well Mar 5, 2008, 14:39 Paketep

Look. They tried to protect it. They failed. The game was pirated. Isn't it time to remove the protection for us buyers?.

Also, I'm tired of all the "oh, my god, what a tremendous effort it must be to put the DVD in the drive!". Yeah, it is, when a lot of companies "get it" and don't make you jump through absurd hoops just to play the game.

I'm tired of protections so heavy that they don't let you play the game you just bought. See for example Frontlines: Fuel of War, 1.01. You have to download 73 fucking megs if you want to PLAY the game!. Here in Spain, for example, a lot of people is still connecting through 56K modems!.

I'm also tired of protections like SecuROM which install a service in your machine, or data in your registry, and when you uninstall the game, the protection IS STILL THERE, and to remove it you need to do things equal to those needed to remove a fucking virus, because they REFUSE to tell you how to remove it.

They can't control LAN or SP games. They can't avoid someone cracking the game. They should stop putting useless DRMs in the game that in the end only hurt their customers, and use that money to polish the game, do support, or whatever, just keep it.

All they get in the end is people refusing to buy games from them anymore, and the pirates are not stopped. Was it really worth it?.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 14:43.

14. Re: Oh well Mar 5, 2008, 14:18 Paketep

All of you complaining about that probably pirated it, because it's really no big deal.

It is a big deal if I have to carry 10-15 DVDs to each LAN Party, change them, have them at hand, don't "lose" them if there is a certain amount of people.

It is if I have to keep changing DVDs in my laptop with its shitty DVD-drive which takes like 30 seconds to recognize the DVD and sounds like crazy (and also wouldn't work with some protections like StarForce).

It is because if I lose or damage the DVD and Relic's server is down, I can't even play without cracking the game.

And you know what's worse?. It's fucking useless. The game was cracked since day 1.

Oh, and I bought the original Company of Heroes plus Company of Heroes Gold, so I bought the original two times. If I had pirated it I wouldn't be complaining, I'd just crack it and play with my friends. I'm complaining PRECISELY because I bought the original.

WE deserve better from Relic. WE are the ones paying their salaries in the end.

At the very least, they should implement an "offline mode" like Valve.
This comment was edited on Mar 5, 14:22.

9. Re: No subject Mar 5, 2008, 13:07 Paketep

CoH: OF has been massively pirated just as well. The difference is that now we (the buyers) are the ones being f***ed. What did they gain?. Nothing. What did they lose?. Customers. Me, to begin with.

The worse thing is not that Relic put protection into OF. It is that they also put it into the original CoH, which had none, and forced you to update if you want to play online.

Damn Relic, the CDKey is enough to protect them from pirates playing on their online server, and they can't do anything if you play LAN or single, so why the hell do they f**k us?

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 13:09.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm
20. No subject Mar 5, 2008, 13:05 Paketep

SecuROM with Relic's touch?. No thanks, I'll pass.

4. Re: No subject Mar 5, 2008, 10:43 Paketep

Nope. The 2.101 patch, which made CoH compatible with the OF expansion, introduced the copy protection. Now you have to validate online or put the DVD in, even if you are playing on single.

BTW, they did not consider this important enough to put in the changelog. I certainly would not have upgraded then if I had known (I hadn't bought OF yet), since I play most in single and LANs.

Considering the number of times the servers are down some days, and the fact that there is both a crack and a mini image out for the game, at this poing the protection is completely useless, except for making us buyers more difficult to play the game we bought.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 10:47.

2. No subject Mar 5, 2008, 09:58 Paketep

v2.202 03/04/2008

General
- Increased version for CoH Gold Edition Release. Unlock both products with one key!

7 megs for that?. Relic is becoming more and more a joke. Useless DRM, crashed servers, and now this.

1. No subject Mar 5, 2008, 09:50 Paketep

Blue, your link

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=183478

goes to a topic titled "Patch is fucked"

Anyway, I'm staying on 1.71 until they drop the copy protection.

News Comments > THQ Director Blames Piracy for Iron Lore Closure
117. Re: This was almost believeable... Mar 5, 2008, 07:29 Paketep

#106, #107, #110 - Best comments by far. I can't agree more with Creston.

Marry me?

News Comments > THQ Director Blames Piracy for Iron Lore Closure
85. Re: No subject Mar 4, 2008, 13:58 Paketep

There are chips for the Wii, and also ISOs out there.

I'm not going to link to them, but you don't have to exactly exert yourself looking. Same goes for 360 or PS2. No idea about PS3.

I have a PS2 and Wii that I haven't bothered to chip. I buy originals, but I'd love to load my games from a HD and not have to be changing DVDs all the time. Yet another thing in which pirates "offer" better service.

Sorry, piracy in consoles is just as big as in PC. You only have to install a special chip (a lot of hardware stores will do it for a cheap price, at least here in Europe) and you can start downloading and playing.

753 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo