Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 772 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
115. Re: BS Aug 5, 2008, 09:55 Paketep

I think that there are very few gamers that expect better graphics. I think there are 99.9999% of all publishers and devs who THINK that gamers expect better graphics. Or at least who figure that if they put in better graphics, they don't have to do anything on that irritating "gameplay" front.

And there is a growing number of developers/publishers that think games are better just because they have better graphics. I personally couldn't care less about the graphics (as long as they don't hurt my eyes) if the game is good. I still play loads of 10+ years old games, plus old Spectrum ROMs and MAME games. Most of them are WAY better than much of the drivel that we're getting nowadays.

And now, Willits at id (no less) is saying that "Games that sell over three-and-a-half million copies are not bad games". So, Doom 3 was good just because it had great sales. Fantastic. I sudder thinking about Rage and Doom 4 if that's their attitude.

With these people at the helm of the industry, it's a wonder they haven't destroyed completely the market, and that people still pay them to do what they do. Thank god for Blizzard, Valve, Stardock and the dwindling number of decent developers out there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ken Levine: BioShock Rescued the Shooter
20. No subject Aug 4, 2008, 18:02 Paketep

Yeah, sure, Kenny, thanks for saving us!

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
32. No subject Aug 1, 2008, 11:46 Paketep

Here we go again. Creator of shitty (and probably consolized) game cries piracy when his game doesn't sell as much as he thinks it deserved.

News Comments > EA Sports Returning to PC Next Year
5. Re: Peter Moore is an asshole Jul 30, 2008, 05:00 Paketep

I don't care much about EA's sports games (add 1 to the year, add an extra pass for the video card, that's about it).

I agree that Peter Moore is an asshole, though.

News Comments > Mass Effect Patch & DLC
28. Re: ... Jul 29, 2008, 18:14 Paketep

When is Ubi going to release their crack patch for this?

(yeah, I know EA is distributing)

News Comments > DirectX 11 Announced, Compatible with DirectX 10 Hardware
60. Re: ... Jul 23, 2008, 05:24 Paketep

It might help to know how to use Vista before criticising it. DirectX 10/11 has been a fantastic improvement for all new games coming out on the market & there are plenty.

WinXP is fine also but Vista is perfect for gamers.

Whoa!. Thanks man. I was having a hard morning and this joke brought a big smile to my face.

Edit: it was a joke, right?

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 05:24.

News Comments > Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath SecuROM Fix
2. Again! Jul 18, 2008, 12:03 Paketep

And yet again SecuROM proves how dangerous it is to the game AND to the rest of the OS. And how useless it is to protect the game, since it was cracked the same as everyone else.

When the fuck are EA and company going to learn that they are only hurting their customers and themselves?.

Could someone please send the idiot suits the memo personally?. SecuROM DOES NOT protect games. SecuROM DOES NOT avoid piracy. SecuROM CREATES piracy when the customers get fed up and decide not to pay any more money for games that they can't play and/or will crash their OS.

God, I can't believe it. Right-click in a totally unrelated application (and a MS one at that!) crashing the OS because you install a game with SecuROM?. Damned fucking idiots!

News Comments > Carmack on PC Gaming
108. Re: ... Jul 18, 2008, 05:21 Paketep

(still about the 3 million)

A guy in here:

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=421163&page=2

says:

I have the July issue of PC gamer and there is nothing in it about Crysis selling 3 million copies and others on PC Gamer forum have confirmed it to be fake. Maybe you can provide a link?

Damn, I'm going to end up buying PCGUK just to clear it up!

107. Re: ... Jul 18, 2008, 05:17 Paketep

(about the 3 million)

I find that sales number hard to believe, as in the latest PC Gamer US issue Cevat Yerli says 1.5 million. You sure you're not mixing it up?

This is all I know:

On the latest PC Gamer UK mag, July 2008

PC Gamer Magazine had an exclusive interview with Crytek, where Crytek states Crysis has sold 3 million through retails sales worldwide.

That is a huge success for a game of such high requirements.

This interview can be found on page 27 of the PC Gamer UK Mag

I've seen it cited in several places and refuted in none. I bought PCGUK when I lived there, but sadly dropped my subscription a couple of years ago.

Anyway, I can believe that Crysis sold 3M given the visibility it has. And even if it was 1.5M, the 20:1 ratio is pure bullshit.

As for the hardware requirements, perhaps they weren't so high, but Crytek didn't exactly help by making them look higher, and I'll give some credit to Cevat Yerli for the misnaming of the graphic settings. They hurt.

But yeah, appart from the graphics, for me Crysis was more of the same. I like Far Cry a bunch more.

News Comments > Ubisoft Pirates No-CD Crack?
18. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2008, 05:05 Paketep

I guess releasing the crack had another advantage (assuming they had removed the tag): it wouldn't give a way to compare a clean exe with a SecuROM protected exe that would show exactly what changes SecuROM does when protecting an executable.

But yeah, it's bad image in the sense of "this is bad, this is illegal" and then they go and do it. Do they have a right to do it?. I guess so. But the fact that so many people has to crack the games they buy for them to work properly, and that now Ubi itself is distributing a crack gives them, IMHO, a very bad image. And a deserved one.

Edit: Vegas 2 doesn't use SecuROM. It uses SafeDisc (yeah, sure, very Safe)
This comment was edited on Jul 18, 05:06.

16. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2008, 04:45 Paketep

Just right now, from the forum mod:

I'd say this discussion has run its course, as such it is now locked.

The file was removed from the site over a week ago now and the matter is being thoroughly investigated by senior tech support managers here at Ubisoft.

Needless to say we do not support or condone copy protection circumvention methods like this and this particular incident is in direct conflict with Ubisoft's normal policies.

Guess it hurt that Ubi's hypocrisy showed up in Blue's

15. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2008, 04:36 Paketep

So someone down the ladder decided by himself to release the crack?. Rather than release a clean build despite the bad image that's going to give them?. Don't know, it's a big fuckup however you look at it.

I thought the reason was that the programmers responsible wouldn't be working for Ubi anymore.

13. No subject Jul 18, 2008, 04:19 Paketep

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

Wouldn't it be better NOT to release it with shitty DRM from the beginning?. DRM that apparently Ubi Soft can't even remove without help from the pirates?.

I still remember that many people that bought Rayman Raving Rabbids couldn't play it for months because of the copy protection and Ubi would just say to update your monitor drivers!!!. Fucking idiots!.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Free GFW Support
26. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2008, 03:36 Paketep

I agree with RP.

Problem is, they'll never do it. Unangst can say whatever he wants, but the truth is (and MS has admitted it) they're only interested in selling for the 360. It's where the royalties are.

News Comments > HanbitSoft on Flagship
9. No subject Jul 17, 2008, 12:33 Paketep

Now, this could be the first videogame movie that really worked.

Or perhaps a documentary about how to royally fuck up a good concept.

So many possibilities...

News Comments > Dawn of War II Free GFW Support
3. No subject Jul 17, 2008, 10:39 Paketep

So, Unangst shows once again why he is a joke as the person defending the PC.

Also, if Dawn of War 2 is going to need GfWL and SecuROM, they can shove it up their asses. I've had enough with CoH:OF, thanks. Great game, abysmal support.

News Comments > Rock Band 2 Announced - Updated
1. No subject Jul 14, 2008, 14:03 Paketep

And how much will it cost in Europe this time?. 400?

92. Re: ... Jul 14, 2008, 11:18 Paketep

According to PC Gamer UK, Crysis has sold 3 million. 2.5 more than it deserves, given the mediocre gameplay and the high hardware requirements.

According to Cevat Yerli, if they were pirated 20 to 1, they should have sold 60 million units.

This show the kind of idiots that are complaining about piracy. I have never heard the developer of a good game complaining that they were pirated. Make good games, and they will sell well.

PS.- Doom 3 was boring, and an offense to Doom & Doom 2. id has not developed or produced a good game since Q3 (1999). Carmack and company would do well to start developing a good game first (we'll see about Doom 4), and speak later.

Oh, and fire Hollenshead. His mere presence at id HQ makes me want not to buy any games from them.

News Comments > id: Rage "On a Whole New Level"
42. No subject Jul 8, 2008, 18:46 Paketep

Wow!

Is there some kind of PR contest where the PR guys compete to see who can make the stupidest comments?. Because Cevat Yerli is a strong first, and Rein and CliffyB are always good contenders, but Todd's entry,

I think there are three people on the internet that keep making these posts that Doom 3 was "bad", and they get no credibility from any other people...

gives him an automatic second place.

Also, the fact that even now id can't recognize the fact that Doom 3 was good technically but boring gameplay wise (which is worse than bad) doesnt't give me much confidence in Rage.

News Comments > Crytek: PC Sales to Piracy Ratio 1:15 or 1:20
2. No subject Jun 27, 2008, 17:31 Paketep

Yeah, sure. And I'm JFK

772 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo