Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 770 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > MGS Confirms Ensemble Closure - Updated
2. Re: Truly a shame Sep 10, 2008, 08:31 Paketep

Oh, they can make more than enough to survive. It's just not enough for the greedy bastards at Microsoft.

Also, destroying the Age brand helps them sink more the PC platform and favors the 360. PCGA at its best!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ensemble Closing?
10. No subject Sep 9, 2008, 20:19 Paketep

Damned Microsoft bastards

(if true)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FlatOut Ultimate Carnage
1. No subject Sep 9, 2008, 15:18 Paketep

No LAN multiplayer = No sale

News Comments > RA3 SecuROM Details
5. No subject Sep 9, 2008, 11:24 Paketep

So, they increase the installs from 3 to 5, and they believe that's enough to make everybody happy?. What a joke!.

Knowing that the game will be cracked just the same, why don't they drop a protection that is useless to stop the pirates and make you lose sales?.

I guess there is no limit to the stupidity of EA's suits.

News Comments > Force Unleashed to PCs? LucasArts Says No
9. No subject Sep 8, 2008, 11:25 Paketep

Who cares about LucasArts?. They haven't developed a good game in 10 years?.

The SW licence is not what it was after Lucas raped it with the prequels and the latest Clone Wars, anyway.

Edit: changed "released" for "developed". Yeah, other studios have released good games distributed by LucasArts.
This comment was edited on Sep 8, 11:26.

News Comments > Carmack: PC "A Unique Platform"
1. No subject Sep 7, 2008, 13:30 Paketep

Well, doh!

News Comments > Gamer's Bill of Rights Follow-up
5. No subject Sep 5, 2008, 04:46 Paketep

That Unangst must be a pretty good actor. You need to have a face made of concrete to say that Microsoft GFW is doing anything positive at all towards PC Games and not laugh histerically.

News Comments > On Star Wars Games
17. No subject Sep 3, 2008, 17:30 Paketep

So many good developers have closed shop the last ten years, and there you have LucasArts, releasing POS after POS, SW or not. They should be ashamed of themselves.

KOTOR and Lego SW are the only good games released since Lucas destroyed the property with the prequels. Ok, and perhaps Empire at War. And none of them has been developed at LucasArts.

Oh, and unsurprisingly Force Unleashed sucks, and the excuses for not releasing it for PC are pure BS.

News Comments > Spore-Mania
8. Re: No subject Sep 2, 2008, 17:51 Paketep

The usual SecuROM suckage.

As always, it doesn't do shit against piracy, and it will only make the buyers have to authenticate the game online every time they want to play.

Way to go, EA!
This comment was edited on Sep 2, 17:53.

News Comments > Epic: No PC Gears of War 2
15. No subject Aug 29, 2008, 20:36 Paketep

Gears of War for PC was pretty average, when it worked (which wasn't really most of the time). Considering the fact that for some people you couldn't reach the next checkpoint before getting a BSOD, it wasn't very entertaining.

Oh, well, since GoW and UT3 I don't really expect anything from CliffyB and Epic. What I don't understand is what are they doing in the PCGA, when they obviously don't give a shit about the platform.

How the mighty have fallen.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 20:38.

News Comments > Gamer's Bill of Rights
12. No subject Aug 29, 2008, 11:37 Paketep

I hope you are taking notes, Mr. Unangst. Stardock is doing what you and the PCGA should be doing.

News Comments > More on WAR Credits
11. No subject Aug 25, 2008, 18:15 Paketep

It's nice to know how dearly Mythic values past employees. It will help me a lot when I value Mythic and ponder if I will give them any of my money.

News Comments > UK Anti-Piracy Campaign
66. No subject Aug 20, 2008, 19:15 Paketep

Goes to show, again, how the industry is full of idiots.

Also, 16000 for uploading that POS game?. That judge should be sacked.

The IT Crowd guys got it exactly right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAr7zKxjCDY

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 19:17.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Report
14. No subject Aug 19, 2008, 13:22 Paketep

My enemies I fear not, but protect me from the PCGA

Unangst and co. are a bad taste joke for the PC gamers.

News Comments > Call of Duty: World at War to Bust Punks
2. Re: No subject Aug 19, 2008, 06:03 Paketep

And in every other game.

Just two more useless services that YOU have to have to play online and protect absolutely nothing

I still remember how they tried to rise the community against Valve when Gabe and company saw that PB was useless and they decided to program their own anticheat (which hasn't worked specially well either)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. No subject Aug 7, 2008, 11:45 Paketep

RIP, man.

News Comments > Halo No CD Patch
5. No subject Aug 7, 2008, 10:49 Paketep

Good, but 5 years too late.

News Comments > Cross-Platform GTA4 Multiplayer?
9. No subject Aug 7, 2008, 04:41 Paketep

Too bad that we'll have to go through that POS GfWL just to play cross-platform multiplayer. It just isn't worth it.

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
115. Re: BS Aug 5, 2008, 09:55 Paketep

I think that there are very few gamers that expect better graphics. I think there are 99.9999% of all publishers and devs who THINK that gamers expect better graphics. Or at least who figure that if they put in better graphics, they don't have to do anything on that irritating "gameplay" front.

And there is a growing number of developers/publishers that think games are better just because they have better graphics. I personally couldn't care less about the graphics (as long as they don't hurt my eyes) if the game is good. I still play loads of 10+ years old games, plus old Spectrum ROMs and MAME games. Most of them are WAY better than much of the drivel that we're getting nowadays.

And now, Willits at id (no less) is saying that "Games that sell over three-and-a-half million copies are not bad games". So, Doom 3 was good just because it had great sales. Fantastic. I sudder thinking about Rage and Doom 4 if that's their attitude.

With these people at the helm of the industry, it's a wonder they haven't destroyed completely the market, and that people still pay them to do what they do. Thank god for Blizzard, Valve, Stardock and the dwindling number of decent developers out there.

News Comments > Ken Levine: BioShock Rescued the Shooter
20. No subject Aug 4, 2008, 18:02 Paketep

Yeah, sure, Kenny, thanks for saving us!

770 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo