Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 762 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Spore-Mania
8. Re: No subject Sep 2, 2008, 17:51 Paketep

The usual SecuROM suckage.

As always, it doesn't do shit against piracy, and it will only make the buyers have to authenticate the game online every time they want to play.

Way to go, EA!
This comment was edited on Sep 2, 17:53.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Epic: No PC Gears of War 2
15. No subject Aug 29, 2008, 20:36 Paketep

Gears of War for PC was pretty average, when it worked (which wasn't really most of the time). Considering the fact that for some people you couldn't reach the next checkpoint before getting a BSOD, it wasn't very entertaining.

Oh, well, since GoW and UT3 I don't really expect anything from CliffyB and Epic. What I don't understand is what are they doing in the PCGA, when they obviously don't give a shit about the platform.

How the mighty have fallen.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 20:38.

News Comments > Gamer's Bill of Rights
12. No subject Aug 29, 2008, 11:37 Paketep

I hope you are taking notes, Mr. Unangst. Stardock is doing what you and the PCGA should be doing.

News Comments > More on WAR Credits
11. No subject Aug 25, 2008, 18:15 Paketep

It's nice to know how dearly Mythic values past employees. It will help me a lot when I value Mythic and ponder if I will give them any of my money.

News Comments > UK Anti-Piracy Campaign
66. No subject Aug 20, 2008, 19:15 Paketep

Goes to show, again, how the industry is full of idiots.

Also, 16000 for uploading that POS game?. That judge should be sacked.

The IT Crowd guys got it exactly right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAr7zKxjCDY

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 19:17.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Report
14. No subject Aug 19, 2008, 13:22 Paketep

My enemies I fear not, but protect me from the PCGA

Unangst and co. are a bad taste joke for the PC gamers.

News Comments > Call of Duty: World at War to Bust Punks
2. Re: No subject Aug 19, 2008, 06:03 Paketep

And in every other game.

Just two more useless services that YOU have to have to play online and protect absolutely nothing

I still remember how they tried to rise the community against Valve when Gabe and company saw that PB was useless and they decided to program their own anticheat (which hasn't worked specially well either)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. No subject Aug 7, 2008, 11:45 Paketep

RIP, man.

News Comments > Halo No CD Patch
5. No subject Aug 7, 2008, 10:49 Paketep

Good, but 5 years too late.

News Comments > Cross-Platform GTA4 Multiplayer?
9. No subject Aug 7, 2008, 04:41 Paketep

Too bad that we'll have to go through that POS GfWL just to play cross-platform multiplayer. It just isn't worth it.

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
115. Re: BS Aug 5, 2008, 09:55 Paketep

I think that there are very few gamers that expect better graphics. I think there are 99.9999% of all publishers and devs who THINK that gamers expect better graphics. Or at least who figure that if they put in better graphics, they don't have to do anything on that irritating "gameplay" front.

And there is a growing number of developers/publishers that think games are better just because they have better graphics. I personally couldn't care less about the graphics (as long as they don't hurt my eyes) if the game is good. I still play loads of 10+ years old games, plus old Spectrum ROMs and MAME games. Most of them are WAY better than much of the drivel that we're getting nowadays.

And now, Willits at id (no less) is saying that "Games that sell over three-and-a-half million copies are not bad games". So, Doom 3 was good just because it had great sales. Fantastic. I sudder thinking about Rage and Doom 4 if that's their attitude.

With these people at the helm of the industry, it's a wonder they haven't destroyed completely the market, and that people still pay them to do what they do. Thank god for Blizzard, Valve, Stardock and the dwindling number of decent developers out there.

News Comments > Ken Levine: BioShock Rescued the Shooter
20. No subject Aug 4, 2008, 18:02 Paketep

Yeah, sure, Kenny, thanks for saving us!

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
32. No subject Aug 1, 2008, 11:46 Paketep

Here we go again. Creator of shitty (and probably consolized) game cries piracy when his game doesn't sell as much as he thinks it deserved.

News Comments > EA Sports Returning to PC Next Year
5. Re: Peter Moore is an asshole Jul 30, 2008, 05:00 Paketep

I don't care much about EA's sports games (add 1 to the year, add an extra pass for the video card, that's about it).

I agree that Peter Moore is an asshole, though.

News Comments > Mass Effect Patch & DLC
28. Re: ... Jul 29, 2008, 18:14 Paketep

When is Ubi going to release their crack patch for this?

(yeah, I know EA is distributing)

News Comments > DirectX 11 Announced, Compatible with DirectX 10 Hardware
60. Re: ... Jul 23, 2008, 05:24 Paketep

It might help to know how to use Vista before criticising it. DirectX 10/11 has been a fantastic improvement for all new games coming out on the market & there are plenty.

WinXP is fine also but Vista is perfect for gamers.

Whoa!. Thanks man. I was having a hard morning and this joke brought a big smile to my face.

Edit: it was a joke, right?

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 05:24.

News Comments > Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath SecuROM Fix
2. Again! Jul 18, 2008, 12:03 Paketep

And yet again SecuROM proves how dangerous it is to the game AND to the rest of the OS. And how useless it is to protect the game, since it was cracked the same as everyone else.

When the fuck are EA and company going to learn that they are only hurting their customers and themselves?.

Could someone please send the idiot suits the memo personally?. SecuROM DOES NOT protect games. SecuROM DOES NOT avoid piracy. SecuROM CREATES piracy when the customers get fed up and decide not to pay any more money for games that they can't play and/or will crash their OS.

God, I can't believe it. Right-click in a totally unrelated application (and a MS one at that!) crashing the OS because you install a game with SecuROM?. Damned fucking idiots!

News Comments > Carmack on PC Gaming
108. Re: ... Jul 18, 2008, 05:21 Paketep

(still about the 3 million)

A guy in here:

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=421163&page=2

says:

I have the July issue of PC gamer and there is nothing in it about Crysis selling 3 million copies and others on PC Gamer forum have confirmed it to be fake. Maybe you can provide a link?

Damn, I'm going to end up buying PCGUK just to clear it up!

News Comments > Carmack on PC Gaming
107. Re: ... Jul 18, 2008, 05:17 Paketep

(about the 3 million)

I find that sales number hard to believe, as in the latest PC Gamer US issue Cevat Yerli says 1.5 million. You sure you're not mixing it up?

This is all I know:

On the latest PC Gamer UK mag, July 2008

PC Gamer Magazine had an exclusive interview with Crytek, where Crytek states Crysis has sold 3 million through retails sales worldwide.

That is a huge success for a game of such high requirements.

This interview can be found on page 27 of the PC Gamer UK Mag

I've seen it cited in several places and refuted in none. I bought PCGUK when I lived there, but sadly dropped my subscription a couple of years ago.

Anyway, I can believe that Crysis sold 3M given the visibility it has. And even if it was 1.5M, the 20:1 ratio is pure bullshit.

As for the hardware requirements, perhaps they weren't so high, but Crytek didn't exactly help by making them look higher, and I'll give some credit to Cevat Yerli for the misnaming of the graphic settings. They hurt.

But yeah, appart from the graphics, for me Crysis was more of the same. I like Far Cry a bunch more.

News Comments > Ubisoft Pirates No-CD Crack?
18. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2008, 05:05 Paketep

I guess releasing the crack had another advantage (assuming they had removed the tag): it wouldn't give a way to compare a clean exe with a SecuROM protected exe that would show exactly what changes SecuROM does when protecting an executable.

But yeah, it's bad image in the sense of "this is bad, this is illegal" and then they go and do it. Do they have a right to do it?. I guess so. But the fact that so many people has to crack the games they buy for them to work properly, and that now Ubi itself is distributing a crack gives them, IMHO, a very bad image. And a deserved one.

Edit: Vegas 2 doesn't use SecuROM. It uses SafeDisc (yeah, sure, very Safe)
This comment was edited on Jul 18, 05:06.

762 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo