Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 773 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Alan Wake Trailer
7. Re: Alan Wake Trailer Oct 21, 2008, 15:11 Paketep

Because the entire game was built from the ground up to utilize DX10. In fact I read that M$ worked with Remedy for a few years to make this a DX10 flagship title. Now whether this is a good idea or a bad is a whole other argument.

Yeah, just like Halo 2 and Shadowrun, they were totally dependent on Vista and DX10 and they will never work in XP.

Oh, wait...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PCGA on Piracy
18. Re: PCGA on Piracy Oct 20, 2008, 17:18 Paketep

Hardly the best quote about piracy out of that interview, Blue.

But yeah, at least he's talking some sense.

And fuck CliffyB about GoW2. Let's see if he now has the guts to call every 360 owner a thief. I think he'll shut up and go back to developing the new expansion for castrated UT2004 UT3

News Comments > PCGA Slaps LucasArts
7. No subject Oct 19, 2008, 15:21 Paketep

LucasArts hasn't made a good game in a looooooooooooooooong, long, far away, time, PC or not.

Randy Stude isn't making that great of a job, either. To begin with, I can't understand why Epic is still in the PCGA, when they clearly hate the PC platform with all their guts.

And why isn't he critizicing Dead Space's abysmal controls?. Have their programmers used a mouse... ever?

News Comments > Newell: Gamers Smarter than Publishers
3. No subject Oct 17, 2008, 09:30 Paketep

Well, DOH!

News Comments > Crysis Warhead Postmortem
10. No subject Oct 17, 2008, 07:01 Paketep

SecuROM. That's all the postmortem I need about Crysis Warhead.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 DRM Follow-up
64. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2008, 15:30 Paketep

Many of these publishers would rather just end their support for the PC platform instead of getting rid of DRM altogether.

Which shows how stupid they are. They would probably sell more, plus they'd save the money paid to SecuROM for protecting their games alienating their customers.

Of course, DRM is not something that tries to thwart pirates. They're just trying to avoid used game sales. Just look at what Epic wants to pull now with the unique, one-time-use code that can be used only once after purchasing GoW2.

The pity is that Riccitiello doesn't have the balls to say it out loud, so he just gives us a pile of bullshit: just read the rest of the interview, how wonderful it is to work at EA (remember EA wife?), how they only were trying to help Take 2, how Metacritic now defines policy there somehow, etc... It would be pathetic if we weren't already speaking about EA.

So I'm happy people boycotting are a minority because otherwise I'd miss out on some really cool games. I'll leave the politics to those who care. I get enough drama and politics at work/home without needing it in my favorite hobby.

That's not what your constant posting about the matter looks like. Not that I disapprove.

Not so many cool games with all the consolized crap around, though.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 DRM Follow-up
50. No subject Oct 15, 2008, 12:49 Paketep

This was specially funny:

- Ubisoft is committed to the support of our games, and additional activations can be provided.

- Ubisoft is committed to the long term support of our games: you’ll always be able to play Far Cry 2.

Sure, Ubi is the industry's shining beacon of customer support. Buying a game from Ubi is like playing Russian Roulette, specially when they decide to use these kind of DRM schemes.

Not buying, thank you.

News Comments > Molyneux on Syndicate and Populous
10. No subject Oct 10, 2008, 05:44 Paketep

I'll pray he doesn't get the rights to revisit any of them. He lost his touch long long ago.

News Comments > Free Game - Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War
2. No subject Oct 8, 2008, 10:08 Paketep

It promised, until Midway fired SSS with three months to go to save a couple of dollars.

It could have been the true Empire Earth succesor (instead of the Meh game from Mad Doc and the abysmal EE3). Midway killed it for cash.

News Comments > Ubisoft: EndWar PC Impacted by Piracy
6. No subject Oct 8, 2008, 10:05 Paketep

UbiSoft: EndWar PC Creative Director impacted by Idiocy

News Comments > PC EndWar Planned?
4. No subject Oct 7, 2008, 12:42 Paketep

That's been known for quite some time.

Also, it's Ubi. As someone said here, they will port it to everything, including your refrigerator. And it will be buggy as hell, plus the DRM won't let 20% of the people play without a crack, and Ubi won't fix it for months (if ever).

Wouldn't want to try this game at a LAN party. I'd have all my neighbours waiting at the door to kill me the following day.

News Comments > Molyneux: PC Game Market "In Tatters"
53. No subject Oct 5, 2008, 21:25 Paketep

Molyneux's last good game was Dungeon Keeper. That's from fucking 1998.

I'd say Molyneux is the one in tatters.

News Comments > No PC Gears of War 2 Follow-up
42. Re: lie! Oct 2, 2008, 19:41 Paketep

A full year later. The game was always designed for 360 then ported to Windows a year later. Mark Rein is a liar.

Ported to Windows is a tad too much for what they did. I would rather call it bugged to Windows.

News Comments > No PC Gears of War 2 Follow-up
13. No subject Oct 2, 2008, 09:53 Paketep

Yet more bullshit from Epic. No surprises there.

The good news for them is that it won't be difficult at all to make GoW2 a better game than GoW.

News Comments > On Gears of War 2, PCs, and Piracy
68. No subject Sep 30, 2008, 13:03 Paketep

More idiocy from CliffyB. Anyone surprised?

News Comments > GTA4 to "Revitalize" GFW Live?
16. No subject Sep 23, 2008, 13:40 Paketep

More like "GFW Live to kill GTA4's sales"

News Comments > Spore's Evolving DRM
13. No subject Sep 19, 2008, 19:17 Paketep

No evolution. We want extinction for the DRM, and also for the idiot suits that push it!

News Comments > Crysis Warhead In Stores - Limited Installs & Online Authentication
71. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 05:35 Paketep

Hamst3r:

2. http://www.securom.com/support/SecuROM_Uninstaller.zip

It works. Just run it with admin rights and it'll delete all the files, services and registry keys.

I just installed a game with SecuROM. Played minutes. Uninstalled it. The registry keys are still there.

I run the "uninstaller". It told me this:

The DRM data could not be vacated because the application or other applications require it for proper operation.

Some of the keys are still there. And no, I don't have any other SecuROM games in this computer.

News Comments > Crysis Warhead In Stores - Limited Installs & Online Authentication
21. No subject Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 Paketep

Fuck you, Cevat. And don't cry and whine about Piracy when you again don't sell half what you expected.

23. Re: No subject Sep 18, 2008, 13:01 Paketep

Hamst3r, these are the kinds of things you need to do to purge SecuROM from your machine:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/98241-25-remove-securom-malware-uninstalling-bioshock-demo

Not exactly user friendly, is it?.

Also, they will not help you remove the shit after you uninstall the game. I had a conversation quite like this one when I tried to remove SecuROM after the Crash Day as well:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=169832

Oh, well. At least they don't install a service anymore.

Not as bad as StarForce, true. But a useless POS just the same, one that doesn't stop piracy at all.

(also, it's funny that they badmouth StarForce)

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 12:45.

773 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo