Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 762 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > More EA/SecuROM Lawsuits
5. Re: More EA/SecuROM Lawsuits Nov 9, 2008, 16:18 Paketep

Good. More of these, please.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Early Access Today
15. Re: Left 4 Dead Early Access Today Nov 6, 2008, 05:37 Paketep

Blue, that's only for those that have preordered on Steam. Those of us who have preordered the retail box (hey, I like my boxes!) won't get access until next week.

Oh, and +1 for Dagok. The people buying DRM are the ones telling the publishers that it is ok to put more useless BS in our games.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Dev: PC Piracy a "Huge Concern"
20. Re: Red Alert 3 Dev: PC Piracy a Nov 5, 2008, 18:03 Paketep

Whoa, Caveman is back and he knows absolutely everything: how many people pirate every game, in PC, in consoles, the reasons why, the developer's mood... Guess there is no point in commenting, right?.

BTW, do you and Verno take turns defending blindingly the publishers?

As for David Silverman, perhaps he should stop looking at piracy and start thinking about the game, looking at the scores.

And LAN coop is disabled?. Fucking idiots. If I had decided to buy it despite SecuROM, that would be reason enough not to buy it. What the hell are they thinking?.

Also, 3 patches already. EA QA sucks. EA is one of the main culprits of the state of the PC market, not that oh so rampant piracy.

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Announced
20. Re: CoH by far teh best RTS evar! Nov 4, 2008, 05:25 Paketep

I'm also waiting for Russkies / Japos. Canadians are already there, mixed with the British.

Also agree with the LAN / SecuROM comment. Relic fucked up there. And they didn't sell a single unit more because of it. In fact, they sold less.

And if ToV comes with SecuROM again, I'm not buying it this time. They did it right the first time. I guess THQ were the ones that forced useless copy protection on them. It's always the suits, damn them.

News Comments > Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up
15. Re: Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up Oct 29, 2008, 17:27 Paketep

Fallout3's version of SecuRom just does a cd-check, that's it

Look at the link provided. From an official moderator:

If you’re experiencing issues with SecuRom while playing Fallout 3

Plus we're talking SecuROM here. That shit doesn't go away when you uninstall the game.

And what's with Daemon Tools, Nero, etc?. All of them perfectly legal programs. One thing is "don't run them together with our game" and a different one is "uninstall it if you want to install the game". If you had no issue with DT, congrats, although knowing SecuROM's stance in the last months I doubt everybody will be that lucky.

Anyway, I'm not buying anything with SecuROM (there are plenty of wonderful games out there without it).

And I hope Pete Hines was lied to.

News Comments > Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up
11. Re: Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up Oct 29, 2008, 17:12 Paketep

Great, just great.

Thank god I decided to wait for the reviews and bought World of Goo instead (which I wholeheartedly recommend, it's absolutely fantastic and has zero DRM).

To whoever at Bethesda that allowed this ass raping: FUCK YOU, your game was cracked and released anyway, you fucked your customers for NOTHING. Stupid idiots.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Demo Only One Week
2. Re: Left 4 Dead Demo Only One Week Oct 28, 2008, 17:41 Paketep

Ok, I have my preorder, and a limited demo is better than no demo (for those still on the fence), but, Gabe... WTF???  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3 Oct 28, 2008, 13:25 Paketep

Comes with malware (SecuROM)

Not buying.

News Comments > Epic Acquisition Rumor
7. Re: Epic Acquisition Rumor Oct 24, 2008, 15:47 Paketep

It would rather be an Epic fail  

News Comments > Alan Wake Trailer
7. Re: Alan Wake Trailer Oct 21, 2008, 15:11 Paketep

Because the entire game was built from the ground up to utilize DX10. In fact I read that M$ worked with Remedy for a few years to make this a DX10 flagship title. Now whether this is a good idea or a bad is a whole other argument.

Yeah, just like Halo 2 and Shadowrun, they were totally dependent on Vista and DX10 and they will never work in XP.

Oh, wait...

News Comments > PCGA on Piracy
18. Re: PCGA on Piracy Oct 20, 2008, 17:18 Paketep

Hardly the best quote about piracy out of that interview, Blue.

But yeah, at least he's talking some sense.

And fuck CliffyB about GoW2. Let's see if he now has the guts to call every 360 owner a thief. I think he'll shut up and go back to developing the new expansion for castrated UT2004 UT3

News Comments > PCGA Slaps LucasArts
7. No subject Oct 19, 2008, 15:21 Paketep

LucasArts hasn't made a good game in a looooooooooooooooong, long, far away, time, PC or not.

Randy Stude isn't making that great of a job, either. To begin with, I can't understand why Epic is still in the PCGA, when they clearly hate the PC platform with all their guts.

And why isn't he critizicing Dead Space's abysmal controls?. Have their programmers used a mouse... ever?

News Comments > Newell: Gamers Smarter than Publishers
3. No subject Oct 17, 2008, 09:30 Paketep

Well, DOH!

News Comments > Crysis Warhead Postmortem
10. No subject Oct 17, 2008, 07:01 Paketep

SecuROM. That's all the postmortem I need about Crysis Warhead.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 DRM Follow-up
64. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2008, 15:30 Paketep

Many of these publishers would rather just end their support for the PC platform instead of getting rid of DRM altogether.

Which shows how stupid they are. They would probably sell more, plus they'd save the money paid to SecuROM for protecting their games alienating their customers.

Of course, DRM is not something that tries to thwart pirates. They're just trying to avoid used game sales. Just look at what Epic wants to pull now with the unique, one-time-use code that can be used only once after purchasing GoW2.

The pity is that Riccitiello doesn't have the balls to say it out loud, so he just gives us a pile of bullshit: just read the rest of the interview, how wonderful it is to work at EA (remember EA wife?), how they only were trying to help Take 2, how Metacritic now defines policy there somehow, etc... It would be pathetic if we weren't already speaking about EA.

So I'm happy people boycotting are a minority because otherwise I'd miss out on some really cool games. I'll leave the politics to those who care. I get enough drama and politics at work/home without needing it in my favorite hobby.

That's not what your constant posting about the matter looks like. Not that I disapprove.

Not so many cool games with all the consolized crap around, though.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 DRM Follow-up
50. No subject Oct 15, 2008, 12:49 Paketep

This was specially funny:

- Ubisoft is committed to the support of our games, and additional activations can be provided.

- Ubisoft is committed to the long term support of our games: you’ll always be able to play Far Cry 2.

Sure, Ubi is the industry's shining beacon of customer support. Buying a game from Ubi is like playing Russian Roulette, specially when they decide to use these kind of DRM schemes.

Not buying, thank you.

News Comments > Molyneux on Syndicate and Populous
10. No subject Oct 10, 2008, 05:44 Paketep

I'll pray he doesn't get the rights to revisit any of them. He lost his touch long long ago.

News Comments > Free Game - Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War
2. No subject Oct 8, 2008, 10:08 Paketep

It promised, until Midway fired SSS with three months to go to save a couple of dollars.

It could have been the true Empire Earth succesor (instead of the Meh game from Mad Doc and the abysmal EE3). Midway killed it for cash.

News Comments > Ubisoft: EndWar PC Impacted by Piracy
6. No subject Oct 8, 2008, 10:05 Paketep

UbiSoft: EndWar PC Creative Director impacted by Idiocy

News Comments > PC EndWar Planned?
4. No subject Oct 7, 2008, 12:42 Paketep

That's been known for quite some time.

Also, it's Ubi. As someone said here, they will port it to everything, including your refrigerator. And it will be buggy as hell, plus the DRM won't let 20% of the people play without a crack, and Ubi won't fix it for months (if ever).

Wouldn't want to try this game at a LAN party. I'd have all my neighbours waiting at the door to kill me the following day.

762 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo