Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 753 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > PCGA on DRM and Piracy
1. Re: PCGA on DRM and Piracy Dec 10, 2008, 04:22 Paketep

No, Randy, what you need is to put protection companies in other room and not let them back.

DRM doesn't work!. It's bad enough that publishers keep using it (be it because they believe it makes a difference or to curb second hand sales), the PCGA should know better. Take a look at the lessons learned by the music industry, FFS!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Used Games Hurt Game Quality?
3. Re: Used Games Hurt Game Quality? Dec 8, 2008, 14:27 Paketep

I agree with Caveman.

Looks like developers blame everything on piracy and/or used game sales, never themselves. When you program a turd, you program a turd, regardless of how pirated it is and if it's sold early second hand.

Developers seem to forget: good games (usually) sell well. Bad games (usually) don't. You don't see the makers of good games complaining, ever. But you do see Epic.

A pity about Braben. I respect most of what he has done, but he is dead wrong here.

News Comments > GTA4 PC Problems
89. Re: GTA4 PC Problems Dec 4, 2008, 19:16 Paketep

#51 Something happened too this game 'as' it hit the wild - possibly a bad SecuROM implementation, who knows.

Oh?. Is there a good SecuROM implementation?.

37. Re: GTA4 PC Problems Dec 4, 2008, 13:01 Paketep

I mean, I still use Winamp 2.81 because 3 was too bloated for my tastes, and Real and Windows Media have always been.

Hey, so you are the other one!

18. Re: GTA4 PC Problems Dec 4, 2008, 10:56 Paketep

20 Easy Steps to Starting GTA IV on Your PC

Rockstar are fucking idiots. After shoving such a number of POS DRMs and APIs with the game, they deserve to sell absolutely nothing.

Of course, they'll say that piracy was the problem when the numbers come in and the number is lower than 10 million units.

News Comments > Need for Speed Undercover Benchmarked
4. Re: Need for Speed Undercover Benchmarked Nov 20, 2008, 13:15 Paketep

Who cares?. It's been getting 4s and 5s even in the kiss-ass magazines, it comes with SecuROM and it doesn't support LAN play.

Nobody should be buying this.

What was that about the high importance given to quality in EA, Mr. Riccitiello?. If what you said is true, Black Box isn't going to make much money out of this.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Need for Speed Undercover
11. No subject Nov 19, 2008, 13:44 Paketep

From what I hear, you can't play this on a LAN, so it looks like yet another case of go fuck yourselves, EA. Oh, and it comes with that useless POS SecuROM, cracked on the first day, of course.

For a company that claims to want to make money, they are not really doing a very good job.

News Comments > Good Old Games Gets Unreal
2. Re: Good Old Games Gets Unreal Nov 18, 2008, 11:30 Paketep

Very nice. It's a pity that given Epic's decay they won't be able to add UT3, or they should rename themselves OldGames.com  

News Comments > Even Ensemble Doesn't Understand Their Closure
17. Re: Even Ensemble Doesn't Understand Their Closure Nov 17, 2008, 15:51 Paketep

Oh, Ensemble's closure is very easy to understand:

Microsoft's suits are fucking idiots

There.

News Comments > Call of Duty: World at War Patch
12. Re: Call of Duty: World at War Patch Nov 11, 2008, 13:10 Paketep

Yeah, sure, because pirates have a great need for a patch notifier, and nobody is going to crack this patch.  

News Comments > PCGA: "Guardians of PC Gaming"
3. Re: PCGA: "Guardians of PC Gaming" Nov 11, 2008, 12:52 Paketep

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Very nice, Randy. You have Microsoft, Intel, AMD/ATI, nVidia and... Epic!!! on board, and you want to defend PC Gaming with that team?. What's next?. CliffyB saying sorry to PC Gamers?.

I'd laugh more if I wasn't crying.

News Comments > More EA/SecuROM Lawsuits
5. Re: More EA/SecuROM Lawsuits Nov 9, 2008, 16:18 Paketep

Good. More of these, please.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Early Access Today
15. Re: Left 4 Dead Early Access Today Nov 6, 2008, 05:37 Paketep

Blue, that's only for those that have preordered on Steam. Those of us who have preordered the retail box (hey, I like my boxes!) won't get access until next week.

Oh, and +1 for Dagok. The people buying DRM are the ones telling the publishers that it is ok to put more useless BS in our games.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Dev: PC Piracy a "Huge Concern"
20. Re: Red Alert 3 Dev: PC Piracy a Nov 5, 2008, 18:03 Paketep

Whoa, Caveman is back and he knows absolutely everything: how many people pirate every game, in PC, in consoles, the reasons why, the developer's mood... Guess there is no point in commenting, right?.

BTW, do you and Verno take turns defending blindingly the publishers?

As for David Silverman, perhaps he should stop looking at piracy and start thinking about the game, looking at the scores.

And LAN coop is disabled?. Fucking idiots. If I had decided to buy it despite SecuROM, that would be reason enough not to buy it. What the hell are they thinking?.

Also, 3 patches already. EA QA sucks. EA is one of the main culprits of the state of the PC market, not that oh so rampant piracy.

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Announced
20. Re: CoH by far teh best RTS evar! Nov 4, 2008, 05:25 Paketep

I'm also waiting for Russkies / Japos. Canadians are already there, mixed with the British.

Also agree with the LAN / SecuROM comment. Relic fucked up there. And they didn't sell a single unit more because of it. In fact, they sold less.

And if ToV comes with SecuROM again, I'm not buying it this time. They did it right the first time. I guess THQ were the ones that forced useless copy protection on them. It's always the suits, damn them.

News Comments > Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up
15. Re: Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up Oct 29, 2008, 17:27 Paketep

Fallout3's version of SecuRom just does a cd-check, that's it

Look at the link provided. From an official moderator:

If you’re experiencing issues with SecuRom while playing Fallout 3

Plus we're talking SecuROM here. That shit doesn't go away when you uninstall the game.

And what's with Daemon Tools, Nero, etc?. All of them perfectly legal programs. One thing is "don't run them together with our game" and a different one is "uninstall it if you want to install the game". If you had no issue with DT, congrats, although knowing SecuROM's stance in the last months I doubt everybody will be that lucky.

Anyway, I'm not buying anything with SecuROM (there are plenty of wonderful games out there without it).

And I hope Pete Hines was lied to.

News Comments > Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up
11. Re: Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up Oct 29, 2008, 17:12 Paketep

Great, just great.

Thank god I decided to wait for the reviews and bought World of Goo instead (which I wholeheartedly recommend, it's absolutely fantastic and has zero DRM).

To whoever at Bethesda that allowed this ass raping: FUCK YOU, your game was cracked and released anyway, you fucked your customers for NOTHING. Stupid idiots.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Demo Only One Week
2. Re: Left 4 Dead Demo Only One Week Oct 28, 2008, 17:41 Paketep

Ok, I have my preorder, and a limited demo is better than no demo (for those still on the fence), but, Gabe... WTF???  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3 Oct 28, 2008, 13:25 Paketep

Comes with malware (SecuROM)

Not buying.

News Comments > Epic Acquisition Rumor
7. Re: Epic Acquisition Rumor Oct 24, 2008, 15:47 Paketep

It would rather be an Epic fail  

753 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo