Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 780 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Alice Sequel
6. Re: Alice Sequel Feb 19, 2009, 20:30 Paketep

Oh, damn. McGee, like the rest of his ex-mates at id, doesn't know how to do a good game anymore. Yeah, at least id knows how to make a decent game, not like the travesty that was Bad Day LA.

I'll stay far far away from this. I really liked the first one and I want my memories intact, thank you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Rising 2 PC
5. Re: Dead Rising 2 PC Feb 9, 2009, 12:38 Paketep

Nice!.

MS' payment for the exclusive must have been huge if they can't give us the first one even now.

News Comments > Call of Duty: World at War Patch
2. Re: Call of Duty: World at War Patch Feb 7, 2009, 07:09 Paketep

498MB!?

Yes, apparently Treyarch doesn't know how to make differential patches. The only really new content is the new map (35MBs). The problem is, every file changed has been completely inserted into the patch. Doh.

News Comments > Call of Duty: World at War Patch Today
4. Re: Call of Duty: World at War Patch Today Feb 6, 2009, 13:05 Paketep

Indeed it doesn't, and also I can just disable my gateway and DNS to avoid it, but, frankly... why should I?.

Someone at Treyarch should learn what offline means. Of course, I'll give them some slack, since clearly working with the PC is not one of their strong points.

News Comments > Call of Duty: World at War Patch Today
2. Re: Call of Duty: World at War Patch Today Feb 6, 2009, 09:32 Paketep

It would be nice if they stopped phoning home when you are using an offline profile.

If I chose offline (because I'm playing single with my laptop without connection at that moment), I don't want to have to wait a minute every time I launch the game while it decides that the master server is not there!.

News Comments > Ensemble's Other Projects
2. Re: Ensemble's Other Projects Feb 3, 2009, 00:04 Paketep

The demise of Ensemble will forever be up there amongst the worst of the many, many, MANY horrible things perpetrated by Microsoft.

I hope whoever made that decision gets sifilis. For life.

News Comments > No PC PoP DLC
20. Re: No PC PoP DLC Feb 3, 2009, 00:01 Paketep

Seriously, if piracy keeps up like this, the situation is very quickly going to change into "Unfortunately for business reasons we won't be seeing any PC version appear. Sorry guys!"

Oh, my, when have I heard something like that?. I can't remember...

Oh, yeah... THE LAST 25 FUCKING YEARS!

Damn Ubi. It finally looked like they were starting to listen to their customers, and boom... deaf again. Idiots.

News Comments > Rockstar Steam Sale
5. Re: Rockstar Steam Sale Jan 31, 2009, 06:14 Paketep

Steam should add more info. They already have 3rd-party DRM: SecuROMô
Unlimited machine activations

They shold add: 3rd-party BS that will break your performance and is needed to play for no reason: RSSC, GfWL

I miss Remedy too, it's a pity that they accepted the big bucks from Microsoft to make a Vista only game which by the moment they release it will have everybody on XP or W7

News Comments > UT3 Gets Steamy
5. Re: UT3 Gets Steamy Jan 29, 2009, 19:40 Paketep

One wonders why it took Epic until after the game was released to take some interest in it.

Oh, well, at least it's not a buggy POS like GoW PC.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2009, 19:40.

News Comments > Gears of War Grinds to a Halt
2. Re: Gears of War Grinds to a Halt Jan 29, 2009, 15:54 Paketep

Ridiculous. But that is Epic nowadays for you.  

News Comments > UT3 "Titan Pack" Plans
1. Re: UT3 "Titan Pack" Plans Jan 26, 2009, 19:06 Paketep

Will it compensate the turd that was UT3?  

News Comments > On PC Gaming
1. Re: On PC Gaming Jan 26, 2009, 19:04 Paketep

If they do, I hope they polish better the game. The performance was abysmal at times, even playing using a computer much higher than the recommended specs.

Also, if you use SecuROM (which is a way to lose a lot of sales BTW) or any other copy protection, and somehow it decides that you are using a copied game, a window saying so and exiting the game instead of a fucking BSOD will avoid all pirates badmouthing your game as unstable and your company going bankrupt. I hope the idiot that decided that is not making any decisions in Crate.

News Comments > Games for Windows Boss Axed
44. Re: GFW Boss Axed Jan 26, 2009, 18:25 Paketep

I wish they fired all the team (ok, or relocated them) and finally dropped that hellish POS that is GfW.

They probably deserve to work on Songsmith for some months. Them, and the IE team also. Suffer, you bastards.

News Comments > UT3 Patch Plans
27. Re: UT3 Patch Plans Jan 26, 2009, 18:23 Paketep

An UT3 patch now?. More than a year too late. This should have been included with the original game. Of course, CliffyB & co where too occupied pissing all over PC gamers.

Hey, Epic, since it looks like you want to recover a bit of all the good will you destroyed, how about fixing GoW for PC?. It's still a buggy POS!. No wonder you're not releasing GoW2 for PC. Nobody is going to fall for it again.

News Comments > Ubisoft Sales Up
28. Re: Ubisoft Sales Up Jan 23, 2009, 17:59 Paketep

Wasn't PoP the game where they stripped the DRM to "prove" that without it a game would just be pirated infinitely and never sell a single copy?

Yep. It's strange that after a long time expecting the sales numbers, nobody in the gaming press is repeating this: the game had no DRM and sold more than well.

Yeah, not up to expectations, but those are made by the idiot suits.

News Comments > I Am Alive & Endwar PC Plans
6. Re: I Am Alive & Endwar PC Plans Jan 21, 2009, 11:05 Paketep

Endwar for PC was announced several months ago if I recall. It also apparently was a bomb on consoles so I don't know how much they care about the PC version cutting into sales.

Probably it was a bomb on consoles because of PC's rampant piracy

OMG, teh PC is dying!!!

News Comments > On Piracy and Prices
30. Re: On Piracy and Prices Jan 20, 2009, 15:09 Paketep

Wrong on both counts, Mr. Jacobson.

Here in Spain, in the 80s, the prices dropped 70-80% and piracy was destroyed. Do you know what happened next?. Prices started to rise, slowly at first, faster later, past the price point they had been. And next?. Piracy returned. Anyone who thinks that in absence of piracy prices would go down wouldn't know a publisher if it bit off his cock.

And about DRM: no, there doesn't need to be any kind of copy protection in your product. And you know why?. Because it doesn't work, and only hurts your customers. You DO have a choice. Look at World of Goo. At Sins of a Solar Empire. At many more. They've sold exactly the same, but they respected their customers.

There's is a cure for piracy: it's called fair prices and giving value. Too few developers practice it.

News Comments > Valve: "Pirates Are Underserved Customers"
2. Re: Valve: Jan 18, 2009, 12:46 Paketep

Valve once again shows that they get it.

They don't have to worry about it much?. They have to worry about it less, because they do the right things to avoid piracy as much as possible.

News Comments > On PC Patches
29. Re: On PC Patches Jan 16, 2009, 19:41 Paketep

That's stupid even for Treyarch.  

News Comments > Battlefront 3 Back to Pandemic?
4. Re: Battlefront 3 Back to Pandemic? Jan 16, 2009, 19:20 Paketep

BAD idea if we look at the reviews that LOTR Conquest is getting.  

780 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo