Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 771 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Gears of War Grinds to a Halt
2. Re: Gears of War Grinds to a Halt Jan 29, 2009, 15:54 Paketep

Ridiculous. But that is Epic nowadays for you.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > UT3 "Titan Pack" Plans
1. Re: UT3 "Titan Pack" Plans Jan 26, 2009, 19:06 Paketep

Will it compensate the turd that was UT3?  

News Comments > On PC Gaming
1. Re: On PC Gaming Jan 26, 2009, 19:04 Paketep

If they do, I hope they polish better the game. The performance was abysmal at times, even playing using a computer much higher than the recommended specs.

Also, if you use SecuROM (which is a way to lose a lot of sales BTW) or any other copy protection, and somehow it decides that you are using a copied game, a window saying so and exiting the game instead of a fucking BSOD will avoid all pirates badmouthing your game as unstable and your company going bankrupt. I hope the idiot that decided that is not making any decisions in Crate.

News Comments > Games for Windows Boss Axed
44. Re: GFW Boss Axed Jan 26, 2009, 18:25 Paketep

I wish they fired all the team (ok, or relocated them) and finally dropped that hellish POS that is GfW.

They probably deserve to work on Songsmith for some months. Them, and the IE team also. Suffer, you bastards.

News Comments > UT3 Patch Plans
27. Re: UT3 Patch Plans Jan 26, 2009, 18:23 Paketep

An UT3 patch now?. More than a year too late. This should have been included with the original game. Of course, CliffyB & co where too occupied pissing all over PC gamers.

Hey, Epic, since it looks like you want to recover a bit of all the good will you destroyed, how about fixing GoW for PC?. It's still a buggy POS!. No wonder you're not releasing GoW2 for PC. Nobody is going to fall for it again.

News Comments > Ubisoft Sales Up
28. Re: Ubisoft Sales Up Jan 23, 2009, 17:59 Paketep

Wasn't PoP the game where they stripped the DRM to "prove" that without it a game would just be pirated infinitely and never sell a single copy?

Yep. It's strange that after a long time expecting the sales numbers, nobody in the gaming press is repeating this: the game had no DRM and sold more than well.

Yeah, not up to expectations, but those are made by the idiot suits.

News Comments > I Am Alive & Endwar PC Plans
6. Re: I Am Alive & Endwar PC Plans Jan 21, 2009, 11:05 Paketep

Endwar for PC was announced several months ago if I recall. It also apparently was a bomb on consoles so I don't know how much they care about the PC version cutting into sales.

Probably it was a bomb on consoles because of PC's rampant piracy

OMG, teh PC is dying!!!

News Comments > On Piracy and Prices
30. Re: On Piracy and Prices Jan 20, 2009, 15:09 Paketep

Wrong on both counts, Mr. Jacobson.

Here in Spain, in the 80s, the prices dropped 70-80% and piracy was destroyed. Do you know what happened next?. Prices started to rise, slowly at first, faster later, past the price point they had been. And next?. Piracy returned. Anyone who thinks that in absence of piracy prices would go down wouldn't know a publisher if it bit off his cock.

And about DRM: no, there doesn't need to be any kind of copy protection in your product. And you know why?. Because it doesn't work, and only hurts your customers. You DO have a choice. Look at World of Goo. At Sins of a Solar Empire. At many more. They've sold exactly the same, but they respected their customers.

There's is a cure for piracy: it's called fair prices and giving value. Too few developers practice it.

News Comments > Valve: "Pirates Are Underserved Customers"
2. Re: Valve: Jan 18, 2009, 12:46 Paketep

Valve once again shows that they get it.

They don't have to worry about it much?. They have to worry about it less, because they do the right things to avoid piracy as much as possible.

News Comments > On PC Patches
29. Re: On PC Patches Jan 16, 2009, 19:41 Paketep

That's stupid even for Treyarch.  

News Comments > Battlefront 3 Back to Pandemic?
4. Re: Battlefront 3 Back to Pandemic? Jan 16, 2009, 19:20 Paketep

BAD idea if we look at the reviews that LOTR Conquest is getting.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II: DLC, Not DRM
22. Re: Dawn of War II: DLC, Not DRM Jan 10, 2009, 09:23 Paketep

It looks like there isn't going to be DRM, but I'd like them to say it out loud, so I can make the preorder. Pity that we'll still have to go through that big piece of shit that is GfWL.

And while they are sporting this attitude, they could drop SecuROM from CoH. They would make all of us happy, for free!

News Comments > Relic: DoW Support Lacking
3. Re: Relic: DoW Support Lacking Jan 9, 2009, 11:17 Paketep

If instead of dropping SecuROM (which they should have done for CoH years ago), Relic is also adding Games for Windows Shit Live, they're not getting my money this time.  

News Comments > Spore De-Authorization Tool
2. Re: Spore De-Authorization Tool Dec 18, 2008, 11:20 Paketep

Wow, that was reaaaaaaaaaaally fast, EA!.

Now, have a nice Christmas so you can keep sodomizing your customers next year!

News Comments > Need for Speed in Trouble?
5. Re: Need for Speed in Trouble? Dec 13, 2008, 15:22 Paketep

Declining sales and declining critical reception?

Could it be, you know, because of the declining quality?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV PC Patch
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV PC Patch Dec 12, 2008, 22:31 Paketep

Did they drop the requirement for the POS GfWL?

Did they drop the requirement for the POS RGSC?

Until they do those two, to begin with, there's nothing to see here. Rockstar released the fuckup of the decade here. And that's saying A LOT in this industry.

News Comments > Dawn of War II DRM Talk & Movie
3. Re: Dawn of War II DRM Talk & Movie Dec 12, 2008, 22:28 Paketep

According to some sites out there (PlanetCoH, I believe), Opposing Fronts WITH DRM sold LESS units that Company of Heroes with absolutely NO protection. Could it be BECAUSE of the DRM?.

And let's not forget about the oh-so-wonderful Relic Online, with its constant downtime, and the fact that once you install the game you will have to download hundreds of MBs of patches, patch by patch, without even being able to decide if you want to.

Last time, I bought it, but if DoW2 is coming with anything remotely called SecuROM, and/or the same UI philosophy, I'm not buying. Relic makes the best RTSs in the market, but they forget about us little users.

News Comments > Retail PoP DRM-Free
63. Re: Retail PoP DRM-Free Dec 12, 2008, 03:37 Paketep

Wow. I never thought I'd see the day, even if it's just an experiment.

Here's hoping they drop DRM forever (although they seem to prefer results that justify the contrary).

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2008, 03:41.

News Comments > PCGA on DRM and Piracy
1. Re: PCGA on DRM and Piracy Dec 10, 2008, 04:22 Paketep

No, Randy, what you need is to put protection companies in other room and not let them back.

DRM doesn't work!. It's bad enough that publishers keep using it (be it because they believe it makes a difference or to curb second hand sales), the PCGA should know better. Take a look at the lessons learned by the music industry, FFS!

News Comments > Used Games Hurt Game Quality?
3. Re: Used Games Hurt Game Quality? Dec 8, 2008, 14:27 Paketep

I agree with Caveman.

Looks like developers blame everything on piracy and/or used game sales, never themselves. When you program a turd, you program a turd, regardless of how pirated it is and if it's sold early second hand.

Developers seem to forget: good games (usually) sell well. Bad games (usually) don't. You don't see the makers of good games complaining, ever. But you do see Epic.

A pity about Braben. I respect most of what he has done, but he is dead wrong here.

771 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo