Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 780 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft II Interviews, Previews
2. Re: StarCraft II Interviews, Previews Aug 17, 2009, 21:41 Paketep

Yeah, sure, fair my ass. Fair is not 3 games, and fair is not a game without LAN. Fix those and we'll believe you.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Details - No Co-op Campaign
6. Re: StarCraft II Details - No Co-op Campaign Aug 17, 2009, 11:19 Paketep

Totally agree with Sempai.

They cut LAN support because of piracy, and know they don't even care?. Who the fuck is making the decissions at Blizzard?. Because he/she is doing a piss poor job out of it.

It's sad how they got the most expected game in the last ten years and are doing all they can to drive it into the ground. And all because they want to put some social network shit into BNet and force everybody to go through it. Just fantastic!.

News Comments > LucasArts Announcement Coming?
6. Re: LucasArts Announcement Coming? Aug 15, 2009, 17:01 Paketep

No new IPs and no SW games from LucasArts, please. Better they outsource to those who have the appropriate know-how, like Telltale.  

News Comments > On the Demise of Gamecock
2. Re: On the Demise of Gamecock Aug 15, 2009, 16:57 Paketep

With Wilson onboard, it was just a matter of time.  

News Comments > RAGE Trailer, id's Three AAA Teams
10. Re: RAGE Trailer, id's Three AAA Teams Aug 13, 2009, 19:06 Paketep

Who is that id you speak of?.

Oh, well, time to go play the TF2 Classless Update.

News Comments > Dragon Rising LAN [Updated]
6. Re: No Op Flashpoint: Dragon Rising LAN Aug 13, 2009, 09:49 Paketep

Final nail then for this. It was bad enough that this did not come from Bohemia, but from Codemasters whoring the brand.

If the cause for this is piracy, then congratulations are in order, they just caused more piracy for their game, plus lost some sales.

If the cause is technical, then congratulations for being either inept or lazy, and in both cases failing to realize how superior a FOUR player co-op experience is. Their loss.

It's not like I had much interest for this, so I really don't care, unlike SC2.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Grows
7. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Grows Aug 12, 2009, 15:30 Paketep

Great. They now only need to admit Sony and Nintendo to be the most useless defenders of PC gaming ever.  

News Comments > Wing Commander, Populous, & More Re-TMed
7. Re: Wing Commander, Populous, & More Re-TMed Aug 11, 2009, 12:55 Paketep

If EA is going to do another travesty like Wing Commander: Arena, I'd rather prefer they went to fuck themselves and left the franchise rest in peace, thanks.  

News Comments > LucasArts VC Games
4. Re: LucasArts VC Games Aug 10, 2009, 12:59 Paketep

Bah. That much hype for this?.  

News Comments > PC Batman: Arkham Asylum Delayed
6. Re: PC Arkham Asylum Delayed Aug 6, 2009, 10:47 Paketep

The usual BS.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Delayed to 2010
13. Re: StarCraft II Delayed Aug 5, 2009, 17:39 Paketep

Bah!. What do they want to sell us, StarCraft 2 or the new Battle.net?.

Who cares anyway?. StarCraft without LAN is just Star. Or Craft. Whatever. Or just Sta, since they'll try to sell us even the name three times.

News Comments > X-Wing, TIE Fighter Teases
9. Re: X-Wing, TIE Fighter Teases Aug 4, 2009, 13:33 Paketep

George Lucas fucked the movies and LucasArts has nothing to do with the LucasArts of 15 years ago. I hope they don't fuck it.

But hey: MechWarrior, Crimson Skies, now this. One of them has to be good, right?. RIGHT?

News Comments > German Counter-Strike LAN Ban
12. Re: German Counter-Strike LAN Ban Jul 8, 2009, 13:18 Paketep

And here I was thinking that Merkel had a little of common sense.

I'm sure after this they'll also ban StarCraft 2 LAN... oh, wait!

News Comments > StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy
28. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 12:52 Paketep

Lesser of two evils... picking the least painful out of two options. Take your pick... lose less money on outraged no-LAN consumers or lose more money due to Piracy?

Less painful for who?. Also, Blizzard is going to lose money due to piracy?. Please, don't make me laugh. StarCraft 1 is still in top 10 sales lists nowadays, and it's just 1-2GB that you can download anywhere and has no protection.

Blizzard just cares about controlling ALL online play with this, and shoving a ton of ads down our throats, which is why I cancelled my loooooooong standing preorder. And Diablo 3's too, since they look like they'll be going down the same stupid road.

Don't say this has anything at all with piracy. It's just not true. In fact, this decision will increase piracy. They know it and they just don't care. Just like they don't care that they got where they are thanks to LAN parties.

Now they can go happily join Epic in the PCGA club.

News Comments > StarCraft II LAN Petition
3. Re: StarCraft II LAN Petition Jun 30, 2009, 09:52 Paketep

Honestly, which do you think would be more controversial? Activation DRM or simply no LAN?

No LAN, hands down

(which they will probably patch in later)

Sure, we wish.

I doubt this petition or anything else will make Blizzard pull their heads out of their asses. SC2 will sell a ton regardless, but this will do absolutely nothing to stop piracy.

If anything, they're already dreaming about all the money they are going to make putting ads in the new B.Net

News Comments > No StarCraft II LAN Support?
28. Re: No StarCraft II LAN Support? Jun 29, 2009, 16:08 Paketep

No LAN = no copies of the game sold AT ALL in my group. Instead of fighting piracy, they're promoting it.

How do you figure?

Very easy: if we were going to buy it to play on LAN parties and we can't play LAN, we are certainly not going to buy it. No, we don't have internet (and we don't need it, thank you) where we play every month.

But if someone pirates because they don't like the feature set, well, that's not really promoting piracy because pirating doesn't get what you want. It only proves you're a whiny baby.

Me, I won't pirate it, but some people no doubt will, out of spite.

27. Re: No StarCraft II LAN Support? Jun 29, 2009, 16:04 Paketep

Be careful what you wish for.

Why?. If they release a broken POS like Ghostbusters, and then, when nobody buys it, point at us and say "See?. PC games don't sell!", I prefer that they don't release it for the PC at all.

And sorry, but StarCraft got where it got thanks in part to LAN support and the spawn CD option that allowed you to play LAN with friends using only one copy. Blizzard is pissing all over its players doing this.

23. Re: No StarCraft II LAN Support? Jun 29, 2009, 15:31 Paketep

No LAN = no copies of the game sold AT ALL in my group. Instead of fighting piracy, they're promoting it.

Way to show respect for PC gamers, Blizz. You can go and join the PCGA now, they'll welcome you with open arms.

Fuck you, Activision. First Ghostbusters and now this. Go release games for the consoles and leave us alone. Bastards.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2009, 15:32.

News Comments > StarForce Revival Q&A
6. Re: StarForce Revival Q&A Jun 16, 2009, 19:42 Paketep

Fuck them.

Let them contact Activision, since they seem to be nowadays the publisher most inclined to fuck their customers. A match made in heaven (though too late for Ghostbusters)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ghostbusters
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Ghostbusters Jun 16, 2009, 11:00 Paketep

Activision is saying FUCK YOU to us, so it's only fair that we say it to them.

It's a pity, I was looking forward to this only because Threewave was developing the multiplayer. I guess the DRM shit is the only multiplayer we're getting.

780 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo