Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 781 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo
29. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 07:50 Paketep

MTechnik wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 07:31:
ASJD wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 05:51:
Xbox 360 for example has approx a 5% piracy rate, PC games on the other hand have a 400% piracy rate (although it varies widely by title, about 4 times as many PC games are pirated than sold).
Can I get a source for this?

That would be his ass.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Infinity Ward Royalties
24. Re: On Infinity Ward Royalties Mar 12, 2010, 18:55 Paketep

BobBob wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 14:53:
If it wasn't for the lack of dedicated servers, I'm not sure I'd really care about any of this. At this point I'm not sure whose side to take, considering the guys who got fired were anti-dedicated servers.

Oh, me, I'm pretty sure of which side to take: neither.

Fuck Kotick for his methods and for the destruction he's causing at Acti, and fuck West and Zampella for opening a very dangerous door that has hurt (and will hurt even more) PC gaming: no LAN, no dedis, no modding, no mapping, almost no game.

I'd hope they never get those royalties if it wasn't because that'd mean that Kotick would get to keep them.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Servers Resume
2. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Resume Mar 9, 2010, 11:53 Paketep

Yeah, it affected "only those trying to login", that is "paying customers trying to play the game they paid for". Almost nothing!

The Ubi guys should burn in hell for this, but hey, look at IW: they kick in the nuts all the PC community and yet millions buy their POS game*?. Shocking and sad at the same time.

* That's, of course, considering that anything that fourzerotwo says is trustworthy, which is asking a lot

News Comments > Ubisoft's DRM Failure
15. Re: Ubisoft's DRM Failure Mar 8, 2010, 11:05 Paketep

Quboid wrote on Mar 8, 2010, 10:39:
Maybe Ubi are full of shit?

Did you really need to start that sentence with maybe?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 8, 2010, 08:36 Paketep

The fact that Assassin's Creed 2 is number 3 in that list goes to show how big idiots we PC gamers are. We deserve every shitty DRM thrown at us if we pay for both MW2 and this other POS.

BTW, did they fix the servers yet?. Apparently Ubi must have thought that it'd sell like the first and most of the validation servers were down all day. Yet another shining example of how great this new DRM is.

News Comments > The Making and Unmaking of Infinity Ward
13. Re: The Making and Unmaking of Infinity Ward Mar 8, 2010, 08:21 Paketep

BobBob wrote on Mar 8, 2010, 03:57:
West and Zampella were against dedicated servers.

Which goes to show how out of touch they were with the community that put them where they are.

After all this debacle, I wish them the worst I can think: 24h of daily matches on IWNet playing with a 9600 modem.

News Comments > More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console
9. Re: More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console Mar 6, 2010, 21:04 Paketep

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Mar 6, 2010, 20:51:
Does the game come with any LAN play or non-dedicated hosting mode?

Nope. Which is exactly the reason I'm not buying it.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Update Details
8. Re: Dawn of War II Update Details Mar 6, 2010, 10:39 Paketep

spindoctor wrote on Mar 6, 2010, 05:44:
Relic's support for this title has been truly outstanding. In an industry where game developers start talking about paid DLC weeks before their game even launches, Relic have stood out as people who actually care about their game and community. They've put out constant patches, balance fixes, new content (maps, game type) and their world builder. And it continues. The game has also been on sale many times over the last year so anyone who doesn't like to pay full price for games could have gotten it for 50% off, if not less.

Unlike their support for CoH beyond Opposing Fronts, which has suffered from big imbalances and blatant bugs, many of which have been reported with plenty of details to Relic, and only silence has been received in response. Thunder is a solid second to fourzerotwo as worst community manager, although at least he doesn't lie.

Guess they knew ToV was only something to get more money from then fans, and they would be so angry after it that they would just ignore us completely.

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM Not Cracked
6. Re: Ubisoft: DRM Not Cracked Mar 4, 2010, 10:15 Paketep

Hahahahahaha!. Thx for the laugh, Ubi.

Oh, and fuck you.

News Comments > Vivendi Profits, Prohibits "Hot Coffee"
1. Re: Vivendi Profits, Prohibits "Hot Coffee" Mar 2, 2010, 16:22 Paketep

Their reputation could be harmed?. What reputation remains to be harmed still?  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ships, Day One Patch Released
5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ships, Day One Patch Released Mar 2, 2010, 12:45 Paketep

The default FOV is 55?. Who the fuck playtested this? O_o  

News Comments > Infinity Ward Heads Axed?
2. Re: Infinity Ward Heads Axed? Mar 2, 2010, 09:54 Paketep

They certainly deserve it, since they either looked away or helped when Kotick destroyed their franchise. Good riddance.

Of course, I'm speaking of the game. It will still sell a lot. Activision could put a turd in a box, call it Call of Duty: Shit, and it'll sell 10 million next Christmas.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Conviction Multiplayer Trailers
1. Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction Multiplayer Trailers Feb 27, 2010, 15:22 Paketep

And then in Part IV we have people playing that lose their connection to the net for a second and are thrown from the game, even though they were playing in the same LAN.

Great job, Ubi, great job.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM and the Armed Forces
4. Re: Ubisoft DRM and the Armed Forces Feb 24, 2010, 12:38 Paketep

I've certainly reconsidered supporting Ubi. I won't do it anymore.  

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5 and Gold Edition Preorders
18. Re: Silent Hunter 5 and Gold Edition Preorders Feb 22, 2010, 17:07 Paketep

Here's another sale lost to Ubi's "we managed to be worse than StarForce and SecuROM combined" DRM.

A pity, the game looks great and Ubi Romania are nice guys.

News Comments > No C&C4 LAN or Dedicated Servers
8. Re: No C&C4 LAN or Dedicated Servers Feb 21, 2010, 13:15 Paketep

No C&C4 buy, then.

If they're going to remove the most important thing out of multiplayer games because they believe they're going to sell more, they're SO mistaken.

Their loss.

News Comments > On Ubisoft's Online DRM
44. Re: On Ubisoft's Online DRM Feb 18, 2010, 06:47 Paketep

I was already boycotting Ubi, this idiocy makes it so much easier.  

News Comments > BioWare: The Old Republic is KOTOR 3-8
12. Re: BioWare: The Old Republic is KOTOR 3-8 Feb 16, 2010, 20:39 Paketep

Surf wrote on Feb 16, 2010, 19:28:
That sucks. I hate MMORPG's and I don't like monthly fee's at all. I welcome new idea's but this just seem's to be a way to nickle and dime the customer.

Also, MMORPG's traditionally never end, I like the game to end so I can move on to other things.

+100

News Comments > No PC Alan Wake
19. Re: No PC Alan Wake Feb 12, 2010, 11:29 Paketep

CommunistHamster wrote on Feb 12, 2010, 11:12:
Less of the sour grapes, more real reasoning here, people. Remedy made Max Payne. Alan wake was turning out to have some sort of writing talent behind it.

That was a different Remedy. One that paid more attention to releasing a great game and less to count the cashloads of money from Microsoft.

They also wouldn't have taken all this years to make a game. What looked like extraordinary graphics in 2005 is run of the mill today, and the game itself doesn't look interesting at all.

Another point for Microsoft's "We'll kill PC gaming" team, even if most of us don't care about this one.

News Comments > BioShock 2 MP Details: No LAN or Dedicated Servers
24. Re: BioShock 2 MP Details: No LAN or Dedicated Servers Jan 27, 2010, 22:43 Paketep

They should have to balls to say "fuck you" like IW instead of spewing some random bullshit in their FAQ. Why the hell did they do multiplayer and then go with this half-assed effort and try to justify themselves?. If they weren't going to do stellar multiplayer (which requires dedicated servers for an FPS with 4+ players), why lose the time?. Their SP was more than strong enough to sell the game, and this idiocies only burn PC gamers against them.

I'm glad I already cancelled my preorder due to the DRM.

781 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo