Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 752 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 Surprise Planned
7. Re: Portal 2 Surprise Planned Jun 1, 2010, 18:01 Paketep

Are they finally going to release the Day of Defeat: Source fixes?.

But, but... they've only been finished for a year and a half!!!.

Damn, where is that damned kleenex..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Analysis
61. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 31, 2010, 06:59 Paketep

cliffski wrote on May 31, 2010, 06:35:
I know there are a ton of people who claim they pirate because they cant afford the games, yet the same kdis always seem to have PC's that can run Crysis at max settings, and have a mobile phone that costs more than my car.

Those are the cheap bastards I was talking about

57. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 31, 2010, 06:23 Paketep

cliffski wrote on May 31, 2010, 05:05:
Stanly Manly wrote on May 30, 2010, 17:02:
Vote with your wallet, it is the only effective option.

this is, in effect the problem. Pirates are effectively voting with their wallet, by not opening it. Every time they pirate a game imnstead of buying it, they send a market message that says "this game sucked, no more like this".
This is why pirates complain that all modern games suck. They actively killed off the style of games they liked, by not buying them, so all they can do now is pirate games they don't like.
Simple economics.

I don't think that's it, Cliffski. That would assume that pirates used to buy games. Usually, when people who buy games stop buying them, due to DRM or whatever, they don't start pirating. At most, they buy and then get the crack.

On the other hand, people that pirate due to lack of money (as opposed to cheap bastards) and get a job, usually start buying games. So, pirates really are never taken into account when counting "non buyers" because they never were buyers in the first place.

All of this, of course, taken out of my ass and from what I see in my circle of friends.

49. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 31, 2010, 01:20 Paketep

spindoctor wrote on May 31, 2010, 00:16:
It's not like pirates have no taste and will only pirate the bad stuff while buying the good...

One of the most downloaded games of last year was Modern Warfare 2. In 2008 the winner was Spore. Pirates clearly have no taste.

Ok, yeah, some of them probably did it out of spite.

30. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 30, 2010, 18:18 Paketep

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 30, 2010, 18:01:
OMG another company wanting to make us pay for a game. This nimrod has not figured out that the PC platform has only free games? We ain't paying for shit.

Perhaps you aren't. A lot of us are.

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 30, 2010, 18:01:
BTW anyone know when RDR is coming to the PC?

Usually it takes a year. Sometimes more (see Bully). Depends on how much Sony and/or Microsoft paid.

25. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 30, 2010, 17:56 Paketep

kxmode wrote on May 30, 2010, 17:50:
It's clear to me Ubisoft is completely out of their minds. I don't think anything we say or do will dissuade then from CIC DRM. May I offer an compromise? Buy the game but install the pirated version. Would that be okay?

No. You're still validating their DRM. Don't buy the game and don't pirate it. That should be our answer.

Sadly, it's useless. Almost a million people (I believe) bought the PC version of MW2, despite the big cuts, IWNet and everything, and the MW2 Boycott group of Steam was full of people playing MW2 on release day, so I guess there's nothing really we can't do.

13. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 30, 2010, 16:10 Paketep

Sepharo wrote on May 30, 2010, 16:04:
You don't make a better game to reduce piracy, you make a better game to increase sales.

Great point. Any developer that is thinking of piracy when making the game will probably crash and burn. Or at the very least will incense the fans (see IWNet).

It's bad enough already that the publishers can't keep their dirty DRM'd hands away from the game.

4. Re: Ubisoft DRM Analysis May 30, 2010, 15:51 Paketep

Wow. And here I thought that Pachter couldn't say anything already that would make me have a worse opinion of him. I stand corrected.

I still wonder why anyone would give this idiot minutes.

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad Announced
3. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad Announced May 27, 2010, 11:35 Paketep

Japan!!!. Russia (already in the original, obviously)!!!

Are you reading this, Relic?. It's about effing time you do something.

News Comments > StarCraft II Regions Divided
1. Re: StarCraft II Regions Divided May 27, 2010, 11:27 Paketep

Once again Blizzard shows that they've got the finger on the gamers' pulse. What will be the next thing we want (and had in StarCraft 1) that they're going to remove?. Any bets?.

Are Rob Pardo and Frank Pearce in some kind of Internet Biggest Douche competition with Bobby Kotick and Mark Zuckerberg?

News Comments > Blizzard on DRM
18. Re: Blizzard on DRM May 27, 2010, 05:10 Paketep

That's Blizzard for you

Hey, DRM is a losing battle, B.Net is no DRM, noooooooooooo, just like C&C4 had no DRM but if you lost your connection for a second you would lose any progress from the current mission.

And to show that we care for our fans, we are also taking out LAN support.

Kotick rots everything he touches. Even Blizzard.

News Comments > PC Fable III Confirmed
12. Re: PC Fable III Confirmed May 21, 2010, 11:54 Paketep

Someone must have pressed the wrong button at MS.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Korea Cuts
6. Re: StarCraft II Korea Cuts May 21, 2010, 06:38 Paketep

They don't care about those. They care that LAN support was cut.  

News Comments > Epic on Piracy and PCs
121. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 18, 2010, 07:30 Paketep

kxmode wrote on May 18, 2010, 03:21:
If this thread reaches 200 there will be a cure for cancer!

A worthy cause. Let's contribute.

I'd settle for having CliffyB, Capps and Rein stop shitting on PC gamers and make a good game. Once per decade shouldn't be THAT hard, even for them.

25. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 13:42 Paketep

Verno wrote on May 17, 2010, 13:40:
To be fair the PCGA hates the PCGA.

No, just PC gamers.

22. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 13:37 Paketep

Don't let the door hit your butt on your way out, Mike.

Signed, your bread and butter.

PS.- You can abandon the PCGA. We know you DO hate the PC.

PPS.- Why is it that every time I read something from Capps, Rein or CliffyB I end up thinking if they have some kind of contest to see who can make the stupidest comment about PC?.

News Comments > Raven Hears the Call of Duty?
1. Re: Raven Hears the Call of Duty? May 13, 2010, 15:51 Paketep

I don't know how to feel about that.

On one side, Raven's games have always been solid. On the other, the Wolfenstein fuckup and the lack of support (other than a final patch with practically nothing of what was asked of them) was so big that I doubt I'll ever buy anything from them again.

In any case, we're talking Kocktick here, so chances are I'm not buying any of them.

News Comments > Max Payne 2 Steam Follow-up
15. Re: Max Payne 2 Steam Follow-up May 13, 2010, 05:07 Paketep

That's just fantastic, Rockstar. Deny the 1.01 fixes to your customers because you're so inept that you can't release a DRM free version without help from the pirates.

Way to go.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode: PC in Doubt
21. Re: Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode: PC in Doubt May 12, 2010, 14:23 Paketep

briktal wrote on May 12, 2010, 14:02:
How would that solve the problem?

They're complaining that if the servers change from 32-players whatever-mode-is-the-usual to 4-players onslaught, there will just not be enough servers for everybody.

If they released the dedicated code instead of charging for it, let me assure you: there would be A LOT more servers out there, and this problem would not exist. At all. I would gladly run one myself. As it is: no LAN and no public dedis mean I'm just not even buying the game.

All those months they were saying "hey, we care for PC gamers, not like Infinity Ward" just made one difference: controlled, paid for, dedicated servers. Better than MW2?. Sure. What they were promising PC gamers?. Sure as hell not.

News Comments > Pirated Max Payne 2 on Steam?
17. Re: Pirated Max Payne 2 on Steam? May 12, 2010, 12:37 Paketep

OldScho0l wrote on May 12, 2010, 12:30:
Didn't this happen with another game through steam? I forget which game though.

Yes, it's happened before. And do you know what's the most ironic thing about it?. It was Ubi's R6 Vegas 2

752 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo