Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 782 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > New PC Gaming Alliance Prez
13. Re: New PC Gaming Alliance Prez Dec 15, 2010, 08:43 Paketep

Beamer wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 08:34:
What other company makes it as easy for any indie to make a game with AAA quality graphics?

http://unity3d.com/, for example

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New PC Gaming Alliance Prez
8. Re: New PC Gaming Alliance Prez Dec 15, 2010, 04:07 Paketep

It will be hard for him to do less than his predecessor.

The PCGA is the most useless entity in the history of gaming, probably because half of its members are PC's worst enemies.

News Comments > Civilization V Pack Next Week
18. Re: Civilization V Pack Next Week Dec 9, 2010, 17:39 Paketep

ASeven wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 17:08:
I'm sticking with CivIV and its two expansions, best Civ game yet. Civ V is, for me, a disappointment, perhaps the biggest one of this year.

Civ V has also been a big disappointment for me, and the fact that it was buggy as hell (yeah, I know, Civ 4 was the same), and that it came without PBEM makes me think they really don't know the community.

It's hard to put buggy, few-features-and-few-civs Civ V with its shitty DLC against polished-by-years Civ IV and its numerous quality mods. Firaxis didn't help Civ V in the least.

8. Re: Civilization IV? Dec 9, 2010, 15:45 Paketep

DG wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 14:23:
Spektr wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 14:13:
I think I will pass on the DLCs and wait till they are collected into a proper add-on. This price is prohibitive.
Ditto, though I doubt I'll even get the package until that's on sale.

Also true, and probable. Just with the Steam Sales anyone can get enough material to play for a couple of years, if you don't NEED to play the latest immediately. After those two years, another batch of games will be on sale, and so on...

DG wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 14:26:
Paketep wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 14:19:
Wasn't Borderlands the one that they sold some kind of definitive edition and THEN announced that yet another DLC was in the works?.

Borderlands GOTY has all 4 DLC, though it's not on the disk, you have to download.

Damn. I can't remember then which one it was, but it definitely was the final straw for me with DLC sales.

3. Re: Civilization IV Pack Next Week Dec 9, 2010, 14:19 Paketep

Should be Civ5, definitely.

All this DLC shit only makes me not buy the game and wait for the Definitive Game of the World Really This Is Everything Here Edition, and then wait yet another 3 months to make sure before I buy it.

Wasn't Borderlands the one that they sold some kind of definitive edition and THEN announced that yet another DLC was in the works?.

Damned publishers.

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2 Demo
6. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Demo Dec 8, 2010, 20:50 Paketep

There is no PC demo to avoid piracy of the PC demo eating into the 360 and PS3 demo sales.

Er, wait...

EA stupidity at work, as usual.

News Comments > Blizzard Date Leak Follow-up
7. Re: Blizzard Date Leak Follow-up Dec 7, 2010, 05:42 Paketep

FloorPie wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 03:58:
cento wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 03:23:
Wildone wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 23:29:
They fukin deserve it, for being such stink arses when it comes to release dates leavin fans hangin for what..decades? dickheads..

Games get shipped out before they're done, and people complain about unfinished crap. Games get polished until they shine, and people complain that it takes too long...

True but the only reason they held SC2 back for about a year was all the silly bnet 2.0 stuff.

And removing features. That takes time.

News Comments > On StarCraft II in Korea
13. Re: On StarCraft II in Korea Nov 28, 2010, 19:53 Paketep

Yifes wrote on Nov 28, 2010, 17:39:
3. The relative lack of success of Starcraft 2 is not due to lack of LAN support, or the shitty-ness of BNET 2.0. Considering that Korea has ubiquitous broadband access, and most gamers play in internet cafes anyways, LAN is a non-issue

Wrong. BNET 2.0 is an enormous POS even with quality broadband. And the lack of LAN support means that you can only play SC2 on Blizzard's terms. Both things have had a big impact.

Yifes wrote on Nov 28, 2010, 17:39:
4. Blizzard is not trying to destroy competitive SC1. Whats going on is not about money, but control of the IP. KeSPA feels that they created the competitive SC1 scene, and therefore should have ownership of it, which doesn't sit well with Blizzard. Its a pissing contest between two companies, and KeSPA is hardly the victim here.

The truth of the matter is that SK's scene wouldn't be the same without KeSPA. Blizzard may not be trying to strictly destroy competitive SC1, but they're certainly saying "our way or the highway". They won't mind destroying all the scene if they're not the ones controlling it.

I agree with previous posters. Blizzard has left a lot of ethics and integrity behind since the Activision merger. They certainly don't care about us gamers and what we want anymore. The priority has stopped being making great games and is now just get more money and more personal data any way they can.

I hope they keep playing SC and not SC2 in Korea. SC2 and BNET 2.0 (which is the real thing they're selling) are poisoned fruit.

News Comments > Total War Title Change
2. Re: Total War Title Change Nov 27, 2010, 16:18 Paketep

Yet more proof that publishers think that we are all idiots.  

News Comments > On Being a Small PC Publisher
5. Re: On Being a Small PC Publisher Nov 22, 2010, 12:23 Paketep

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 11:53:
And lets be honest, piracy is 800lbs gorilla in the room for the PC. With as big as a franchise as Halo is, personally I wouldn't release it for the PC for a min. of 12 months after the console version due to sales.

No, it's not, and that's ridiculous. And I'm fucking tired of hearing it while the industry posts record profits year after year.

If anything, useless DRM is the 800lbs gorilla. Look, Focus in particular, they used starforce in their products. I bought Virtual Skipper 3, then I bought Trackmania, then it broke my burner, then I never ever again bought from them.

Pirates?. They played from the first day with some virtual CD unit, can't even remember the name. Who's the guilty party here?.

Any publisher that harasses customers trying to stop the unstoppable doesn't deserve my money. And lots of games have shown that there's more than enough market in the PC if you don't release shit and you don't treat your customers like thieves. So spare me the piracy cries, please. Even a boring POS like Crysis sold millions, which was way more than it deserved, despite Cevat Yerli's ramblings.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2010, 19:55 Paketep

Don't give money to Microsoft. Ever. Not even 10 cents.

If you doubt, see how they're raping AoE with their upcoming Age of Farmville: Online, you know, the game that shows how much they care for the PC.

News Comments > Mass Effect Online?
3. Re: Mass Effect Online? Nov 18, 2010, 11:35 Paketep

Oh, god, no. No more shitty MMOs.  

News Comments > On StarCraft II in Korea
20. Re: On StarCraft II in Korea Nov 14, 2010, 14:59 Paketep

Just another thing that Blizz managed to fuck up: the biggest professional scene in the world, just to make sure they were the only ones making the decissions. To hell with gamers, to hell with everybody that made the SC scene in Korea what it is today. In fact, to hell with everyone that put Blizzard were they are today.

The new ActiBlizzard are just a bunch of dicks. Kotickitis is highly contagious.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops MP Patch
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops MP Patch Nov 12, 2010, 11:31 Paketep

That's what you get when you give the dedicated server monopoly to some greedy idiots that think they can run 5 times the number of servers in one machine. Who the fuck has used a 5000 rate in the last 10 years?.

Also, when you claim you love the PC so much and then you release yet another consolized POS.

Bravo, Kotick. I applaud you. You got yet another turd to be the best selling game ever.

News Comments > Pachter: CoD Subscriptions Next Year
10. Re: Pachter: CoD Subscriptions Next Year Nov 5, 2010, 22:29 Paketep

Pachter again?. YAWN.  

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Announced
13. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Announced Nov 5, 2010, 12:14 Paketep

Hey, DICE, stop releasing this shit and give us our 1942 with updated graphics already!. THAT was a good game. When you made good games, not consolized, with open dedicated servers and LAN support. Remember those?.

It's sad to see them like this. It looks like there is a competition between CoD and BF to see which one becomes worse each year, with MoH clapping from the sidelines.

News Comments > Battlefield Announcement Friday
1. Re: Battlefield Announcement Friday Nov 2, 2010, 19:44 Paketep

If it's going to be like BC2, MoH or the no show BF1943, please don't even bother.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived
5. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 18:40 Paketep

Wow, all I wanted to say, said already in the first 4 comments.

Guys, leave something for the rest!

Edit: OK, I thought of something... use the patch to take ShittyROM out!.

News Comments > Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark
9. Re: Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark Oct 25, 2010, 13:07 Paketep

I can't say I like what Valve is doing with DOTA (or the fact that Valve is doing DOTA, really), but after seeing Blizzard's treatment of modders and mappers in SC2 (not to mention the lack of LAN, no crossregion play, RealID and the rest of BS issues we all know about), I can only say:

Fuck you, Pardo. FUCK. YOU.

News Comments > TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced
2. Re: TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced Oct 24, 2010, 14:17 Paketep

Oh, god, no. Not another fucking MMO!. And from Hi-Rez no less.

Tribes deserves SO MUCH better than that

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2010, 14:25.

782 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo