Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 753 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > MS on Improving GFWL
15. Re: MS on Improving GFWL Mar 8, 2011, 14:58 Paketep

This guy and Matt Ployhar would probably be excellent friends. Masters of bullshit.

Unangst, you and your GFWL shit, AoE travesty and "oh, we love the PC so much" BS can go fuck yourselves.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 20 Years of Blizzard
9. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 03:27 Paketep

17 years of Blizzard. 3 years of Activision-Blizzard.

The last 3 weren't up to par. The next 20 probably won't, either.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue - Games of Thrones Mar 3, 2011, 17:00 Paketep

Creston wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 15:51:
Both Martin and Jordan would (have) benefited GREATLY from an editor that would have said "Look, it's a good story, but how about you cut half a million words, mkay?"

So true. I haven't even touched the last WoT book, which if I remember correctly is now being converted into three books being written by a different author who spoke with Jordan and got his notes before he died.

As for Fire and Ice, I'm doubting whether to wait, since this book took 5 fucking years and there are still, what, 3 books left apart from this one?. It'll be 20 years before he finishes (assuming he does). I can read them all then.

As for the wikipedia, the fact that Blue's is not in there, and that a stupid editor with a grudge can delete one of gaming's most important websites of all time shows how irrelevant it's becoming. Next time they ask me to contribute, they're going to be waiting a long time for my dough.

News Comments > Homefront PC Features
2. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 1, 2011, 17:27 Paketep

LAN play! And true dedis, I'm guessing.

Damn, I want to support this, but I don't want to support THQ's idiotic $10 pass. What to do?

Oh, well, I'll have to swallow my pride and buy it. There are already enough Infinity Wards, Treyarchs and DICEs out there not doing their jobs to allow Kaos to go the same way.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Now Gas Powered; Kings and Castles Dead?
3. Re: Age of Empires Online Now Gas Powered; Kings and Castles Dead? Feb 25, 2011, 12:50 Paketep

Wow. Just when I thought Microsoft couldn't rape this franchise any more, they go and pass it to Chris Taylor's dirty hands.

This is no Age of Empires, Microsoft.

News Comments > King's Quest III Redux Released, Mage's Initiation Announced
7. Re: King's Quest III Redux Released, Mage's Initiation Announced Feb 25, 2011, 07:32 Paketep

Great!. This and VI were my favourites.  

News Comments > On PC Bulletstorm
39. Re: On PC Bulletstorm Feb 24, 2011, 03:59 Paketep

Epic is encripting the .ini files now?.

Wow. Just wow.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus
7. Re: Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus Feb 23, 2011, 10:20 Paketep

MajorD wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 10:09:
Isn't it the douchebags at Infinity Ward/Activision we can thank for starting the trend of PC games having the same price tag as consoles? For years there was a $10.00 difference between the two until some greedy jackass decided to start the trend of charging the same price. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't it all start with Modern Warfare 2???

Nope. It started with the idiots that bought MW2 for $60, a game without dedicated servers, LAN support, modding, mapping and many, many other things. And it wasn't even a good follow-up to the great MW.

Edit: ninja'd!

News Comments > DRM Change for AC Brotherhood
8. Re: DRM Change for AC Brotherhood Feb 22, 2011, 20:48 Paketep

necrosis wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 19:55:
Better? How the hell is this better? You still fucking have to have a connection EVERY TIME YOU START! Anyone who thinks otherwise are people that let this kind of thing go and stop protesting it. Developers and publishers think its OK. It isn't.

I am thankful that this info is out. More money in my pocket.

It IS better. It is still NOT ENOUGH.

Also, they only talk about single player, but I won't buy this until they confirm offline LAN multiplayer. Yep, that means 99.9% I'm not buying.

News Comments > Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned
37. Re: Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned Feb 20, 2011, 12:08 Paketep

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 20, 2011, 04:58:
People keep bringing this up but never pay attention to the reason: the 360 version will still sell well. The PC version's sales will still pale in comparison. It's not about piracy it's about sales. When PC versions sell poorly AND have tons of piracy then it's a deal. It's a story. When Xbox versions have tons of piracy but still sell amazingly well it's a footnote, the game is a success.

Define "sell poorly". The PC is not a 360, in which you can box a piece of Kotick's shit, put Call of Duty in the front, and sell 10 million units in a couple of weeks.

PC gamers watch more what they buy and for how much. PC gamers have Steam (for example) and know that the price will drop in 1-2 years tops. You can't expect PC gamers to buy your game in droves when 1) You're giving them a poor port, 2) They already have lots of great games to buy for $10 and 3) You are calling them thieves.

Whenever I hear a developer cry about piracy, I cringe. Great games sell splendidly. Developers that don't mistreat their customers are more supported. If you game has 90% piracy in countries where they can't (and that's CAN NOT, not WILL NOT) buy your game, or your game isn't simply for sale, and you make the remaining 10% pay for it, be it DRM, removing features (true dedis, LAN, etc) or not releasing DLC that the consoles get, then it's your fucking fault that you will sell less of your next game AND (and I don't condone this) cause more piracy.

I have zero respect for developers like Crytek that release a boring tech demo, sell A LOT for a game that didn't work on 70-80% of machines at the time, and then cry that they would have sold 20 million games if not for PC piracy. Yeah, right.

So xbox is not as pirated, percent wise, as PC. So what?. In the end, if you look at price and numbers, and if you apply the distributor's reasoning saying that a pirated sale is a lost sale, they lose A LOT more to console piracy than they do to PC piracy.

Where's the outcry?. Why are they not calling console gamers thieves?. Why not more DRM, less features and more shitting on console gamers?. They should start putting a lot of those in the PS3 now, should they?.

As for preparation, xbox piracy requires less preparation than PC: go to a store, ask them to put a modchip (legal, BTW, in several countries), download ISOs, burn ISOs, play. I think you can even play from USB disks, so you don't even need the DVDs.

So, again, console piracy is as easy as PC piracy, and the "calculated" losses are WAY bigger. Where's the fucking outcry?. Where are the insults to the console gamers?.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Adds Speaker Series, Loses MS & NVIDIA?
8. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Adds Speaker Series, Loses MS & NVIDIA? Feb 18, 2011, 11:36 Paketep

Well, at least Microsoft is coherent with what they're doing. It's the rest of them idiots fucking hard the PC that I can't understand. Why be in something like the PCGA?. Granted, it does nothing showing off to the gallery, but still... why?.  

News Comments > New Relic RTS Plans
19. Re: New Relic RTS Plans Feb 15, 2011, 12:17 Paketep

Relic hasn't been the same since the Smoking Gun Interactive guys left.

ToV was just ridiculous. Still, the last Dawn of War standalones seem to be getting better, so I'll keep a bit of hope for a possible decent CoH2 or HW3.

News Comments > Crytek on the Crysis 2 Leak and PC Gaming
8. Re: Crytek on the Crysis 2 Leak and PC Gaming Feb 14, 2011, 18:28 Paketep

Back to damage control mode. It seems like EA's way lately: insult PC gamers, backtrack saying how much they care about the PC (but no, you're not getting that Dead Space 2 DLC / BF 1943 / BC2's Onslaught / whatever).

Also, Yerli really expects us to believe Crysis 2 is a PC game?. Call it like it is, man, a PC port.

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
233. Re: Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 14, 2011, 10:27 Paketep

Zoom wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 10:00:
Now if EA only makes $40 million gross sales revenue (random figure) on Crysis2, they will claim they would have made double that without people copying their game... See that coming already.

Double?. Hah!. I still remember Cevat Yerli saying they'd have SOLD 20x more copies of Crysis if it wasn't because of piracy.

After this, we could bet on what stupid number he'll say this time. 100x?. 300x?. 6 billion units?.

News Comments > No PC Transformers Sequel
2. Re: No PC Transformers Sequel Feb 14, 2011, 10:24 Paketep

What?. No "Piracy continues to damage..." BS in the press release?.

Kotick is losing his touch.

161. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 13, 2011, 12:24 Paketep

bluefaster wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 11:47:
It's strange that you don't consider people who believe that developers exist to provide them games for free no matter what as holier than thou.

Let's pretend you live in an apartment that covers your water bill, and you're going to be out of town for a month. Someone unlocks your door and leaves it partly open, perhaps it was someone in your own family or an angry maid.

Then, I regularly enter your house and fill up a jug with water from your sink. I'm careful when entering to use shoe covers, and even leave a small tip on the counter. I also tell everyone I know that your house is open. They of course may not be as careful, but most of them are I'm sure. No big deal right? This shouldn't be illegal and no one should feel bad entering if they're just careful to not damage anything. Right?

Nope, not right. Water costs money. Copying doesn't.

When will you idiots learn that private property and the invented intellectual property have fucking nothing in common at all?.

If you intend to illustrate your point against piracy saying any variation of "then I'll keep your car", "it's the same as stealing", "you wouldn't rob a jewelry", etc, etc, PLEASE DON'T. I've heard them thousands of times in the last 30 years, and they are still ridiculous.

23. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 12, 2011, 16:44 Paketep

Creston wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 15:23:
And there we go with blaming piracy again. Even BEFORE the game is on sale.

How about you try to figure out which of your OWN people released an incomplete build, Yerli, you fucking asshat?

Creston

This, +1000000

News Comments > Crysis 2 Has Dedicated Servers, New Trailers
14. Re: Crysis 2 Has Dedicated Servers, New Trailers Feb 10, 2011, 16:12 Paketep

No LAN and no public server files?. No sale.

Fuck you, EA. Fuck you, Crytek. Don't come crying about piracy (Cevat's specialty) when you don't sale that many units of your newest tech demo.

News Comments > Torchlight II Delay
5. Re: Torchlight II Delay Feb 10, 2011, 03:46 Paketep

Damn  

News Comments > Volition Would Kill to Make FreeSpace 3
43. Re: Volition Would "Kill" to Make FreeSpace 3 Feb 9, 2011, 05:34 Paketep

I will kill them if they do a Freespace with console controllers in mind.  

753 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo