Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 769 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
15. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 16, 2011, 17:35 Paketep

Fantastic news. Loved the first Nexus.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin
10. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin Aug 15, 2011, 20:05 Paketep

Wow, they're really desperate at EA.  

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
50. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 19:29 Paketep

Raven can't do multiplayer anymore. The last Wolfenstein's multi was a complete embarrasment for them, which is probably why they only put out a half-assed patch and then threw a lot of sand over all of it. Come on, how difficult is it to get fucking Enemy Territory, add better graphics, add some maps and be done with it?. But no, they managed to fuck it up completely. Whose idea was to dumb down the classes?. Who thought the veil would work in multi?. Even the community manager left, tired of the complaining.

The last decent multi Raven did was Soldier of Fortune. Nowadays I only expect decent single player from them. And it Willits gets his wish and they start putting always-on DRM, they can forget about my money, even in sales.

News Comments > No Always On DRM for TrackMania 2
6. Re: No Always On DRM for TrackMania 2 Aug 13, 2011, 04:35 Paketep

Thank god. I'm off to the preorder, hoping that Ubi takes as small a cut as possible.

Jensen wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 01:05:
TrackMania is primarily an online game, so a pirated copy wouldn't get the full experience.

Not true. Me and my friends have logged thousands of hours on all 6 trackmanias, and all of it was playing single and LAN. We bought the games, but we could have been using pirated copies just the same.

DRM is stupid. Whoever wants to pirate a game, does.

News Comments > No Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo
5. Re: No PC Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo Aug 11, 2011, 04:28 Paketep

Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 22:44:
If you've played the others do you really need a demo? You know what's it going to be and how it's going to play already.

So why do PS3 owners need a demo then?. Do they have short span memories?

News Comments > DRIVER San Francisco PC Delayed, No Demo, Mac Version TBD
9. Re: DRIVER San Francisco PC Delayed, No Demo, Mac Version TBD Aug 11, 2011, 04:16 Paketep

Bwahahahahaha!.

Wasn't this that Ubi was on the official tweet responding to complaints about the DRM with "hey, but this time the PC version is going to release on the same date that the console versions"?.

I guess Ubi can't stop being Ubi.

News Comments > TrackMania 2 Beta Next Week, Preorders Get Access
1. Re: TrackMania 2 Beta Next Week, Preorders Get Access Aug 10, 2011, 18:05 Paketep

It would be nice of them to confirm or deny if this is coming with UbiShit DRM. If it doesn't, it might be the only money Ubi is going to get from me ever.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
107. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 16:13 Paketep

Wow, I respected Tim Willits, but this is pathethic. Here he looks like an idiot (for defending such stupid DRM), like a coward (let others do my work for me) and like he doesn't know shit about the industry. Hey, what a great idea!. Automatic updates!. Like Steam hasn't been doing it for almost 10 fucking years!.

Congrats, Tim. You put yourself up there with Hollowshead.

News Comments > New Civilization V DLC Packs This Week
4. Re: New Civilization V DLC Packs This Week Aug 8, 2011, 14:58 Paketep

Bhruic wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 14:23:
This nickle-and-diming is really annoying. You look at how much content you used to get with expansion packs, and then look at how little you get with today's DLC (with some notable exceptions). I'm sure the publishers love it, as more money for them, but still, I'd rather have a Civ IV style expansion to buy than all the crappy single Civ DLCs they've put out so far.

This. I'm not buying Civ5 until they put out a complete pack on sale and promise there will be no more DLC.

Also, buyers are still waiting for the promised PBEM support.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Epic on PC Gaming
9. Re: Quoteworthy - Epic on PC Gaming Aug 4, 2011, 02:26 Paketep

If I were Epic, I wouldn't dare to open my mouth to say ANYTHING about PC.

We remember.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
372. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 3, 2011, 06:00 Paketep

Dev wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 22:14:
Did blizzard add in LAN play to SC2 which had offline single player? NO. That would have been a far easier decision and far easier to patch, and it hasn't happened.

Yeah, the suits of ActiBlizzard would need to be intelligent for that to happen.

Luckily, the Chinese seem to have fixed that. Perhaps they'll also fix D3 when it's time.

News Comments > Pachter Clarifies Crunch Comments
3. Re: Pachter Clarifies Crunch Comments Aug 3, 2011, 05:58 Paketep

My PERSONAL opinion is that Michael Pachter is a cunt that has no fucking idea about gaming and deserves no space in the gaming press.

My PROFESSIONAL opinion is that he hardly could have quoted himself out of context, and that this is a pathethic backtracking attempt from yet another of his gaffes.

My wish is never to hear from him again, but gaming websites inexplicably continue publishing every single tidbit of stupidity that comes out of his mouth. So we'll keep having this "conversation".

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
318. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 2, 2011, 07:40 Paketep

Efflixi wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 07:29:
I can log into Diablo II right now and see over 50k still online playing it. The vast majority of people (myself included) are buying D3 for the online experience.

Idiots...

Idiots are all of you who think that because it doesn't affect YOU, we have no right to complain.

Idiots are all of you pulling numbers out of your ass, and throwing around sentences like The vast majority of people are buying D3 for the online experience. You know demigod?. The supposedly multiplayer DOTA clone from GPG?. For example, you know what percentage of sales have even logged in to play online?. Fucking 23%. Ohhh, lookie!. A link proving my claims!.

So before you make yourself look more of an idiot, just shut up. The restrictions are ok for you, you are a happy camper, you don't care if the rest of us are fucked by this stupidity from Blizzard. Good for you. Congratulations. Have fun. Buh bye.

34. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:17 Paketep

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 12:12:
It's funny how despite the fact that 99% of the people who plan to the buy the game have a solid, persistent internet connection, they now say they won't out of principle. Who exactly are you trying to fool?

Obviously, about 99% of the people who plan to buy the game HAVE a persistent internet connection.

The problem is those who PLANNED to buy the game before this.

PC Gamers always tout about having the latest and greatest tech over consoles and blah blah, but they can't seem to have an 100% online connection. Funny how that works isn't it?

Blah blah indeed is what I'm getting from your posts. Love your numbers without any backing, BTW.

Oh, and I will be enjoying both Torchlight 2 and Diablo III.

Good for you. Again "if I'm not affected, why should I care"?. You're a real asset to the community, mate.

33. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:14 Paketep

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 12:05:
Sucks to the 12 people who don't have persistent online collection.

You should revise that number way higher, and add those who have a flaky connection.

And then add those of us who prefer single player or LAN play and want nothing to do with BNet.

But hey, there are some like you. "If it doesn't affect me, why should I care?".

24. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:06 Paketep

Prez wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 12:01:
So, no offline mode for SP as with Starcraft 2?

Regardless of the reason, being required to be online 100% of the time in SP is asinine. No purchase for me.

Even SC2 had an offline SP mode despite all the features cut to force people into BNet2

16. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 11:51 Paketep

I wasn't going to buy this due to lack of LAN, but this is just too much. Not only is Blizzard taking even more features from their customers and forcing them to do every fucking thing through their shitty BNet, now they're also validating the abuse of gold farming (taking a cut so Kotick will be happy), and changing their game into a P2W.

If you had told me 5 years ago that Blizzard would fall this low, I wouldn't have believed a word of it. After SC2 and now this, I'll believe anything. They've lost it completely.

Thank god we have Torchlight 2. Blizz can go to hell with the rest of Activision in tow.

News Comments > On Steam and Direct3D
10. Re: On Steam and Direct3D Jul 31, 2011, 15:52 Paketep

Bludd wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 14:07:
Rockn-Roll is totally wrong. How McCaskey describes it is how DirectX works at the moment.

You should always install the DirectX that comes with the game you have bought even if it is a slightly older game.

No, you shouldn't, and that post is a load of BS.

The first thing I do know with every Steam game I buy is go to the vdf and delete all the stupid installations so I don't have to wait one hour before I play the game I just installed. I already maintain the DirectX, VC++, java, OpenAL, XNA, etc, etc versions myself, thank you very much.

Haven't had a single problem in 5 years. And I've installed many, MANY games from Steam.

News Comments > Always on DRM in Driver: San Francisco
11. Re: Always on DRM in Driver: San Francisco Jul 27, 2011, 10:22 Paketep

Well, wasn't much interested in this, but now it's a definite NO BUY.

Ubi keep being fucktards. It seemed that they had learned something when they relaxed their shitty DRM in AC2B, but it looks like their heads are still as empty as ever.

News Comments > On Risen 2 DRM
2. Re: On Risen 2 DRM Jul 26, 2011, 11:44 Paketep

Hell yeah!  

769 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo