Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 780 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Max Payne 3 in March 2012, Multiplayer Support Confirmed
1. Re: Max Payne 3 in March 2012, Multiplayer Support Confirmed Sep 8, 2011, 10:24 Paketep

Every time I see this, I think this game is as much Max Payne as the new "X-COM" is X-COM.

We'll see.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support
29. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support Sep 8, 2011, 10:18 Paketep

justice7 wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 10:05:
I have come to the conclusion that Blues posters don't like ANY games.

Blues posters like good games. And not being treated like shit.

Want to know a good game that I like?. Red Orchestra 2. And that's a beta.

There. Your post refuted :-P

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support
21. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support Sep 8, 2011, 04:57 Paketep

Well, first let's see if it is true LAN support (i.e., offline), and then let's see if it is really true (this is Bowling speaking, after all).  

News Comments > 500 Developers on Call of Duty
8. Re: 500 Developers on Call of Duty Sep 7, 2011, 04:32 Paketep

0001 wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 21:32:
30 Million per year or more? That much money for a game? Did I say insane?

That number pales in comparison to the marketing budget. I think I read somewhere that Activision allocated around $100 million for either MW2 or BlOps.

Can you imagine the amazing games that could be done with that money?. Or just pay up all the indies in the world and tell them to make whatever they want.

Fucking Kotick..

News Comments > 500 Developers on Call of Duty
7. Re: 500 Developers on Call of Duty Sep 7, 2011, 04:30 Paketep

Which goes to show that more is not always better.

In fact, those 500 poor souls are releasing turd after turd. And what is worse, they're selling millions of them.

News Comments > No Bastion DLC Plans
7. Re: No Bastion DLC Plans Sep 4, 2011, 16:17 Paketep

Fantastic game. Finished it and launched immediately into New Game Plus.

This and Spacechem are the best 15 (each) I've spent this year.

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
13. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Aug 31, 2011, 10:46 Paketep

kanniballl wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 10:38:
Meanwhile that whole airport mission in one of the CoD games a couple of years made parents and the media lost their minds.

I wouldn't call that a mission. In fact, I wouldn't even call MW2 a game. If anything, it's a interactive movie, and a very bad one at that.

Oh, and every time someone at DICE opens his mouth, it's to announce that they're removing yet another feature from BF3, usually in a very douchebaggy tone (So a player can't help himself and will kill a child if one is in front and he has a gun?. Really?. Very nice opinion you have of us, DICE).

Glad I'm not touching their shit with a 200 feet pole. Even from farther given how Origin (probably the worst rape of a beloved name in videogame history) works.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Sales Approach One Million
12. Re: The Witcher 2 Sales Approach One Million Aug 30, 2011, 11:29 Paketep

Kajetan wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 10:42:
Creston wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 10:34:
99% of developers nowadays whine like a fucking mule if their game doesn't sell 87 million copies.
I always think of Crytek, when someone mentions "whiny" developers :)

Yep. Cevat Yerli is worse than CliffyB, Mark Rein and Mike Capps put together

I'll never forget his "we would have sold 20 times more copies if not for piracy" comment about Crysis. Only Pachter can spew bullshit of higher quality.

News Comments > From Dust DRM to Change
31. Re: From Dust DRM to Change Aug 23, 2011, 04:51 Paketep

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 22, 2011, 20:53:
And don't you love the back-handed apology that implies its our fault for misinterpreting what they wrote, when it was them that provided factually incorrect information?

In my country we call that LIES.

News Comments > Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch
6. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 19:36 Paketep

Every news item about BF3 is just another nail in its coffin.  

News Comments > More on MW3 Dedicated Servers
2. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 18, 2011, 16:43 Paketep

Chimaera wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 16:41:
But IWNET was SOOOOO much better!! Why would they go back to crappy old dedicated servers?!? I still can't believe they tried to defend that sh!t...

And look at MW2!!!. Absolutely NO cheating!!!. Fantastic pings!!!. No advantage for the host!. And what is best, no thinking what you want, you just press a button and play!

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
15. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 16, 2011, 17:35 Paketep

Fantastic news. Loved the first Nexus.  

News Comments > Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin
10. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin Aug 15, 2011, 20:05 Paketep

Wow, they're really desperate at EA.  

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
50. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 19:29 Paketep

Raven can't do multiplayer anymore. The last Wolfenstein's multi was a complete embarrasment for them, which is probably why they only put out a half-assed patch and then threw a lot of sand over all of it. Come on, how difficult is it to get fucking Enemy Territory, add better graphics, add some maps and be done with it?. But no, they managed to fuck it up completely. Whose idea was to dumb down the classes?. Who thought the veil would work in multi?. Even the community manager left, tired of the complaining.

The last decent multi Raven did was Soldier of Fortune. Nowadays I only expect decent single player from them. And it Willits gets his wish and they start putting always-on DRM, they can forget about my money, even in sales.

News Comments > No Always On DRM for TrackMania 2
6. Re: No Always On DRM for TrackMania 2 Aug 13, 2011, 04:35 Paketep

Thank god. I'm off to the preorder, hoping that Ubi takes as small a cut as possible.

Jensen wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 01:05:
TrackMania is primarily an online game, so a pirated copy wouldn't get the full experience.

Not true. Me and my friends have logged thousands of hours on all 6 trackmanias, and all of it was playing single and LAN. We bought the games, but we could have been using pirated copies just the same.

DRM is stupid. Whoever wants to pirate a game, does.

News Comments > No Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo
5. Re: No PC Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo Aug 11, 2011, 04:28 Paketep

Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 22:44:
If you've played the others do you really need a demo? You know what's it going to be and how it's going to play already.

So why do PS3 owners need a demo then?. Do they have short span memories?

News Comments > DRIVER San Francisco PC Delayed, No Demo, Mac Version TBD
9. Re: DRIVER San Francisco PC Delayed, No Demo, Mac Version TBD Aug 11, 2011, 04:16 Paketep

Bwahahahahaha!.

Wasn't this that Ubi was on the official tweet responding to complaints about the DRM with "hey, but this time the PC version is going to release on the same date that the console versions"?.

I guess Ubi can't stop being Ubi.

News Comments > TrackMania 2 Beta Next Week, Preorders Get Access
1. Re: TrackMania 2 Beta Next Week, Preorders Get Access Aug 10, 2011, 18:05 Paketep

It would be nice of them to confirm or deny if this is coming with UbiShit DRM. If it doesn't, it might be the only money Ubi is going to get from me ever.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
107. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 16:13 Paketep

Wow, I respected Tim Willits, but this is pathethic. Here he looks like an idiot (for defending such stupid DRM), like a coward (let others do my work for me) and like he doesn't know shit about the industry. Hey, what a great idea!. Automatic updates!. Like Steam hasn't been doing it for almost 10 fucking years!.

Congrats, Tim. You put yourself up there with Hollowshead.

News Comments > New Civilization V DLC Packs This Week
4. Re: New Civilization V DLC Packs This Week Aug 8, 2011, 14:58 Paketep

Bhruic wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 14:23:
This nickle-and-diming is really annoying. You look at how much content you used to get with expansion packs, and then look at how little you get with today's DLC (with some notable exceptions). I'm sure the publishers love it, as more money for them, but still, I'd rather have a Civ IV style expansion to buy than all the crappy single Civ DLCs they've put out so far.

This. I'm not buying Civ5 until they put out a complete pack on sale and promise there will be no more DLC.

Also, buyers are still waiting for the promised PBEM support.

780 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo