Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 782 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard to Korea: Diablo III "Is Nearing"
3. Re: Blizzard to Korea: Diablo III Jan 23, 2012, 11:29 Paketep

Red wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 11:27:
How can you still be on track to release soon when you're rewiring so many core systems? That doesn't sound like the release date is tied to "when it's ready."

The word for it is: BUGFEST.

And with pretty DRM of the worst kind on top.

And the solution?. Torchlight 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs
12. Re: Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs Jan 21, 2012, 07:01 Paketep

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 20, 2012, 21:25:
Holy crap what's going on with Blizzard lately? Didn't they just loose their main map/area/dungeon design guy, and now D3 Senior Producer?!?

Lately?. Blizz has gone to hell (no pun intended) since the Activision merger. They've gone from a company who only cared about making great games and gamers happy, to a company that wants to control how you play and squeeze you out of your money.

This is just another sign of how bad things are at Blizz. When one of your main guys leaves (or is fired) after who knows how many years when your game is supposedly near finished, something is very fucked up there.

News Comments > No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday
7. Re: No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday Jan 17, 2012, 11:53 Paketep

EA being goddamned fucking bastards as always.

Or as we PC gamers say: EA being EA.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
36. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 15:05 Paketep

Well, you have to give it to the EA guys. They're hell bent on taking a globally well liked dev (Bioware) and make everyone hate it, even if it will cost them our money.

They give me no option. ME3 was the last EA thing I was looking forward to. Not anymore. They can shove Origin up their asses, I'll play some old Wing Commander and Ultima to remember what Origin used to mean.

Congratulations, Riccittielo, you bastard. You win.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2012, 15:10.

News Comments > Diablo III Dropping RMT in Korea?
7. Re: Diablo III Dropping RMT in Korea? Jan 14, 2012, 16:25 Paketep

nin wrote on Jan 14, 2012, 15:17:

Interesting that they would buckle there but not elsewhere. I'd love to have been a fly on the way during D3s development and controversial decisions being made. Surely not everyone there is fond of the direction the final produce appears to have taken.

If they aren't, they certainly disguise it really well.

If I worked at Blizz, seeing what they've been doing with SC2 and now D3, I'd have left long ago. They're pissing all over their history.

What's really amazing is the amount of people that will defend them whatever they do. Fanboyism is sad.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Interview
5. Re: MechWarrior Online Interview Jan 12, 2012, 05:26 Paketep

Prez wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 23:49:
Damn I wish this game was going to be the one I imagined in my head after that awesome trailer from a ways back and not this ...online thing.

You mean the one they sold us and made us salivate thinking about for two years before kicking us in the nuts?.

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software
50. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 07:26 Paketep

Jerykk wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 03:40:
Hidden & Dangerous is the only game until Rage that I felt came even close to creating such an immersive environment/atmosphere.

Did you ever play STALKER? I'd say that's the most atmospheric game I've played. A lot of it had to do with the dynamic lighting and ambient audio, as well as the dynamic and unpredictable encounters and the pseudo-open world. RAGE never really felt alive to me. It felt like a theme park.

Exactly. Stalker plus the Complete Mod is a fantastic game and looks incredible (lightning especially).

RAGE was a joke, and that's not even considering what an insult it was to the PC players that supported id for all those years. The best people at id left, and the only good ones remaining (Carmack and Willits) have lost their touch completely.

Time to retire for them and launch some rockets.

News Comments > How to Get Banned From MW3
6. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 18:58 Paketep

People still play that POS?. Talk about bad taste.  

News Comments > New MS Online RTS Plans?
6. Re: New MS Online RTS Plans? Jan 6, 2012, 20:38 Paketep

Yeah, Microsoft, if you're going to do the same that with Age of Farmville Online, please don't bother. We don't need you anymore.  

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
35. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 17:34 Paketep

Red wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 17:28:
[...]So now I can say that most gamers are online, and even those that aren't, in fact usually are?[...]

You can say whatever you want. It doesn't make it true.

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
34. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 17:33 Paketep

Red wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 14:49:
But fortunately for my side of the argument, it is a fact that most gamers are online.

You seem to get your facts from the same place that Cevat Yerli, Mr. "our game would have sold 20 times more if not for piracy".

The only fact I'm seeing demonstrated here is that you are a troll AND an idiot (your words, by the way), and you're one of those gamers that as long as they have no problem with the requirements, they don't care if the rest of us can go to hell.

Blizzard already spoke about finishing D3 SOLO, i.e., as a single player game. Your arguments suck. You want to pay them more for an inferior product, whatever, but don't take the rest of us for idiots.

Oh, and if you live in central new york and have an affordable, reliable net connection, congratulations. The rest of us don't. And the rest of us is the majority of the world. And that's a fact.

Because I say so.

And because it is.

Look it up.

News Comments > No Diablo III Korean Approval Yet
12. Re: No Diablo III Korean Approval Yet Jan 4, 2012, 14:50 Paketep

Great news. Fuck Blizzard, hope the Koreans hold their own.  

News Comments > BF2143 Hinted?
9. Re: BF2143 Hinted? Dec 19, 2011, 10:46 Paketep

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 10:17:
The only way I'd ever buy a BF game again is if they did another BF 'Nam. How can one ever tire of tear-assing around in a Huey listening to CCR and mowing down Charlie? :)

The only way I'd ever buy a BF game again is...

Well, no way really, since Origin, private dedicated servers, no LAN support, no modding and treating your customers like shit (amongst many other things DICE have learned in the last 3 years) are here to stay.

Fuck them.

News Comments > CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers?
24. Re: CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers? Dec 15, 2011, 05:01 Paketep

elefunk wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 23:22:
Why would anyone be against this? Unlike other companies that go after pirates, CD Projekt isn't doing anything to legitimate customers. Literally the only people who have anything to worry about are people who aren't even customers.

Because, as Davenport-Lyons has demonstrated in the UK, it's TOO easy to go against the wrong person.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Announced
23. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 16:10 Paketep

The worst thing about this is that when they don't sell shit because they pissed everyone that was supposed to buy this, we'll get another repeat of "look, PC gaming is dead, piracy is killing it, blah blah blah".

Remedy, another mighty company that fell in the lode. Or jumped.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta Footage
2. Re: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta Footage Dec 1, 2011, 10:52 Paketep

The cs/de maps at launch are remakes, but the arsenal maps are new.

However, the screenshots looked like some were revamped from L4D and/or HL2. We'll see in a couple of months, I guess. If they fix the hitreg, it'll be enough of me.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 29, 2011, 19:23 Paketep

Sorry, Ubi, but we broke up. Remember?. You were too much of a controlling freak, always DRMing this, DRMing that. Not to mention a douchebag of enormous proportions.

Stop calling already. I'm so much happier with Valve, GoG and their friends, the indies.

News Comments > On ManiaPlanet and ShootMania
2. Re: On ManiaPlanet and ShootMania Nov 25, 2011, 21:31 Paketep

He's saying exactly that.

Fucking Ubi. After this week of idiocy, I can't buy even from Nadeo anymore. Damn it, Nadeo, why did you have to sell your soul to the demon?.

News Comments > Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs
27. Re: Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs Nov 24, 2011, 05:55 Paketep

Title is wrong, should be "Why Ubi is Dead to PC Gamers"  

News Comments > BioWare VGA Announcement Teaser
6. Re: BioWare VGA Announcement Teaser Nov 23, 2011, 11:57 Paketep

After Origin, Dragon Age 2, and the amount of DLC they're putting out, ME3 is the only thing I plan to buy from Bioware. And that's only if it's released on Steam with zero Origin bullshit.

Otherwise, it's buh-bye Bioware.

782 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo