Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 773 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
35. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 17:34 Paketep

Red wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 17:28:
[...]So now I can say that most gamers are online, and even those that aren't, in fact usually are?[...]

You can say whatever you want. It doesn't make it true.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
34. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 17:33 Paketep

Red wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 14:49:
But fortunately for my side of the argument, it is a fact that most gamers are online.

You seem to get your facts from the same place that Cevat Yerli, Mr. "our game would have sold 20 times more if not for piracy".

The only fact I'm seeing demonstrated here is that you are a troll AND an idiot (your words, by the way), and you're one of those gamers that as long as they have no problem with the requirements, they don't care if the rest of us can go to hell.

Blizzard already spoke about finishing D3 SOLO, i.e., as a single player game. Your arguments suck. You want to pay them more for an inferior product, whatever, but don't take the rest of us for idiots.

Oh, and if you live in central new york and have an affordable, reliable net connection, congratulations. The rest of us don't. And the rest of us is the majority of the world. And that's a fact.

Because I say so.

And because it is.

Look it up.

News Comments > No Diablo III Korean Approval Yet
12. Re: No Diablo III Korean Approval Yet Jan 4, 2012, 14:50 Paketep

Great news. Fuck Blizzard, hope the Koreans hold their own.  

News Comments > BF2143 Hinted?
9. Re: BF2143 Hinted? Dec 19, 2011, 10:46 Paketep

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 10:17:
The only way I'd ever buy a BF game again is if they did another BF 'Nam. How can one ever tire of tear-assing around in a Huey listening to CCR and mowing down Charlie? :)

The only way I'd ever buy a BF game again is...

Well, no way really, since Origin, private dedicated servers, no LAN support, no modding and treating your customers like shit (amongst many other things DICE have learned in the last 3 years) are here to stay.

Fuck them.

News Comments > CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers?
24. Re: CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers? Dec 15, 2011, 05:01 Paketep

elefunk wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 23:22:
Why would anyone be against this? Unlike other companies that go after pirates, CD Projekt isn't doing anything to legitimate customers. Literally the only people who have anything to worry about are people who aren't even customers.

Because, as Davenport-Lyons has demonstrated in the UK, it's TOO easy to go against the wrong person.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Announced
23. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 16:10 Paketep

The worst thing about this is that when they don't sell shit because they pissed everyone that was supposed to buy this, we'll get another repeat of "look, PC gaming is dead, piracy is killing it, blah blah blah".

Remedy, another mighty company that fell in the lode. Or jumped.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta Footage
2. Re: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Beta Footage Dec 1, 2011, 10:52 Paketep

The cs/de maps at launch are remakes, but the arsenal maps are new.

However, the screenshots looked like some were revamped from L4D and/or HL2. We'll see in a couple of months, I guess. If they fix the hitreg, it'll be enough of me.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 29, 2011, 19:23 Paketep

Sorry, Ubi, but we broke up. Remember?. You were too much of a controlling freak, always DRMing this, DRMing that. Not to mention a douchebag of enormous proportions.

Stop calling already. I'm so much happier with Valve, GoG and their friends, the indies.

News Comments > On ManiaPlanet and ShootMania
2. Re: On ManiaPlanet and ShootMania Nov 25, 2011, 21:31 Paketep

He's saying exactly that.

Fucking Ubi. After this week of idiocy, I can't buy even from Nadeo anymore. Damn it, Nadeo, why did you have to sell your soul to the demon?.

News Comments > Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs
27. Re: Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs Nov 24, 2011, 05:55 Paketep

Title is wrong, should be "Why Ubi is Dead to PC Gamers"  

News Comments > BioWare VGA Announcement Teaser
6. Re: BioWare VGA Announcement Teaser Nov 23, 2011, 11:57 Paketep

After Origin, Dragon Age 2, and the amount of DLC they're putting out, ME3 is the only thing I plan to buy from Bioware. And that's only if it's released on Steam with zero Origin bullshit.

Otherwise, it's buh-bye Bioware.

News Comments > Gamecock Postmortem
3. Re: Gamecock Postmortem Nov 18, 2011, 11:20 Paketep

Why Gamecock failed?.

Easy and in 2 words: Mike Wilson.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 17:32 Paketep

Seeing what they promised, and what we're getting two years after, I wouldn't put too much faith in all of this. Who knows what they'll do in another 6/8 months?.  

News Comments > Brink Patch Coming
8. Re: Brink Patch Coming Nov 16, 2011, 05:28 Paketep

KTR wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 22:19:
My biggest disappointment this year.

My second biggest disappointment of the year behind Mechwarrior on-fucking-line

News Comments > Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached
19. Re: Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached Nov 10, 2011, 18:31 Paketep

Overon wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 18:16:
For the life of me, I don't understand why all companies don't encrypt their databases, all the information, not just certain parts of it like credit card information.

Encrypting and decrypting costs CPU time. If instead of crypting/decrypting something just when you login or make a transaction, you have to do it every single page you load, then you need a ton more servers to handle the same load.

As for the news: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Interview, Art
8. Re: MechWarrior Online Interview, Art Nov 9, 2011, 17:08 Paketep

Prez wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 16:32:
MechWarrior Online...

Puke

Sorry. I just keep getting sick in these threads. I think it's the "online" part. Uh-oh...

Puke

Same here

News Comments > Ubisoft Acquires RedLynx
2. Re: Ubisoft Acquires RedLynx Nov 3, 2011, 04:37 Paketep

Oh, dear.. how could RedLynx let themselves get bought by the worst publisher out there?

First Nadeo, now this. Goddamned Ubi.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Interview
3. Re: MechWarrior Online Interview Oct 31, 2011, 21:25 Paketep

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 21:04:
Stunned - That's how I am right now. Why get everyone excited with that awesome teaser trailer for a game that's nothing but a shitty multiplayer mech arena game that will bear no resemblance whatsoever to what was show in the trailer?

This

space captain wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 21:09:
Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 21:04:
Why

seems like youve been on this planet a little while, so you should know this already, but since im such a helpful person i will summarize it for you:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

and so on

I don't know how MW will be received by the younger generations, but for those of us who played the BG in the 80's and where promised a MW2-MW4 style reboot by Piranha, this MMO is a fucking travesty.

Everyone I know that loved BT is really angry about this and is not going to play the game. They're shooting themselves in the foot with this.

Fucking publishers: X-Com reboot -> FPS. Syndicate reboot -> FPS. Mechwarrior reboot -> P2W MMO. Age of Empires reboot -> P2W shitty farmville clone.

What's next?. A Wing Commander third person shooter with cover based combat?.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 (MechWarrior Online?) in Summer 2012
10. Re: MechWarrior 5 (MechWarrior Online?) in Summer 2012 Oct 31, 2011, 18:03 Paketep

Another shitty P2W MMO. Great, just great.

Way to crush everyone's hopes. Fuck you, Piranha.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked?
7. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 16:37 Paketep

DangerDog wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 16:06:
Activision will claim that the leak cost them a billion dollars in lost revenue.

Yep. Kotick will say that if not for piracy, they would have sold 14 billion units. On PC.

Yeah, probably that's Yevat Cerli doing the numbers.

773 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo