Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 771 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over DOTA TM
32. Re: Blizzard Sues Over DOTA TM Feb 10, 2012, 15:55 Paketep

Who cares for which game was the original mod released?. If anyone has any right to this trademark, is the original creator of DotA (not frogboy, and not Valve, and certainly not Blizzard).

Also, as an ex-fan of Blizzard, FUCK BLIZZARD. They can shove their "we are doing this for our legions of fans" up their us. If there is any room between the $100 bills, that is.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Double Fine Crowdsourcing
6. Re: Double Fine Crowdsourcing Feb 9, 2012, 11:27 Paketep

Yakubs wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 11:02:
Very cool.

It seems fairly dumb to pledge a lot of money toward the project considering you don't get any ownership stake but it's a great idea to drop the minimum $15 at least.

Well, it depends on how much you liked their old adventures and how much you miss games like those nowadays, plus how your financials are.

Also, to me, pledging money to this felt great, like an enormous FUCK YOU to publishers in general

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2012, 11:35.

News Comments > Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives
41. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 2, 2012, 17:46 Paketep

Dev wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 17:33:
Paketep wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 17:16:
DOTA 2

If you are mentioning unreleased games, don't forget diablo 3. Thats going to be a crazy big seller for blizzard.

Yeah, I didn't include it because it will surely have a console version.

And Minecraft I didn't name because I was thinking 2010, but I guess that if we start at 2006, there are A LOT of fantastic PC exclusives on all genres (the Civs, Company of Heroes, GalCiv *, Sins of a Solar Empire, the Total War series, the Trackmanias, ARMA *, Metro 2033, STALKER * ... I could go on and on...), and that's not even considering indies, which is where most innovation is coming from these days. Take any Humble Bundle and you'll have entertainment for months at a cheap price and no DRM.

38. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 2, 2012, 17:16 Paketep

Teddy wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 16:18:
PropheT wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 13:05:
What major non-MMO PC-exclusive games are there anymore since Titan Quest besides Crysis, a game that was also pirated to hell and back?

ANNO 2070
Heroes of Might and Magic VI
Starcraft 2
Shogun: Total War 2
Civilization V

Just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

DOTA 2
The Sims *
Red Orchestra 2
WH40K: Dawn of War 2 & expansions
Witcher 2 (although it was clear it was going to be released for consoles)
And let's not forget the glorious SpaceChem.

Some more, and it didn't take me even a minute to think of them.

Edit: OMG, how could I not list Trackmania 2?. There.

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
21. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 2, 2012, 12:23 Paketep

Getting tired of saying "I told you so" to my friends.

One of them bought Anno 2070, and he says that the servers are more down than up. Since the profile and the Ark DLC are stored there, whenever he can't connect to the servers, he can't play.

Way to go, Ubi. AGAIN.

22. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 2, 2012, 12:11 Paketep

Prez wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 11:58:
Titan Quest - Now there was a game. I'd put it up against Diablo 2 any day. TQ comes out FAR ahead in my book.

Yep. The only problem is that even with today's computers, the rubberbanding is horrific. You just can't play the mode where if you die, you die (don't remember the name right now.. legendary something?).

That Frazier guy is an idiot. Whoever decided that TQ's DRM would consist of a crash to desktop fail easily killed their company. They should have known that a LOT of people pirate first and buy later, and those are exactly the people that recommend games to friends. Guess how many recommended TQ after being thrown to the desktop every time they entered the first cave.

A pity, since it was by far the best Diablo clone until torchlight, and it was mighty pretty for its time.

News Comments > On MechWarrior Online Role Warfare
5. Re: On MechWarrior Online Role Warfare Feb 2, 2012, 03:49 Paketep

Well, the last time they released media and said what they were doing, it was completely misleading and they were lying through their teeth.

I wouldn't expect much from them.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong?
7. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 14:08 Paketep

Can't say I'm surprised. PunkBuster has always been a POS that has done zilch to stop cheating and only consumes memory in your machine via the required windows service that they force install without asking (in most games), and that you HAVE to have running if you play online in 99.5% of the servers.

The only way to have relatively cheat-free online play is public server files and dependable admins. Of course, the DICE guys know that and prefer having pay servers and no real cheat protection. Yet another reason not to buy BF3.

News Comments > Splash Damage Plans Big 2012 Splash
7. Re: Splash Damage Plans Big 2012 Splash Jan 24, 2012, 10:14 Paketep

Sorry, Splash, you lost all your credit with Brink (which, BTW, STILL does not support LAN properly despite your promises to look at it).

You have A LOT to make up for before I'll even think of buying one of your games again.

News Comments > Blizzard to Korea: Diablo III "Is Nearing"
3. Re: Blizzard to Korea: Diablo III Jan 23, 2012, 11:29 Paketep

Red wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 11:27:
How can you still be on track to release soon when you're rewiring so many core systems? That doesn't sound like the release date is tied to "when it's ready."

The word for it is: BUGFEST.

And with pretty DRM of the worst kind on top.

And the solution?. Torchlight 2.

News Comments > Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs
12. Re: Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs Jan 21, 2012, 07:01 Paketep

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 20, 2012, 21:25:
Holy crap what's going on with Blizzard lately? Didn't they just loose their main map/area/dungeon design guy, and now D3 Senior Producer?!?

Lately?. Blizz has gone to hell (no pun intended) since the Activision merger. They've gone from a company who only cared about making great games and gamers happy, to a company that wants to control how you play and squeeze you out of your money.

This is just another sign of how bad things are at Blizz. When one of your main guys leaves (or is fired) after who knows how many years when your game is supposedly near finished, something is very fucked up there.

News Comments > No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday
7. Re: No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday Jan 17, 2012, 11:53 Paketep

EA being goddamned fucking bastards as always.

Or as we PC gamers say: EA being EA.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
36. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 15:05 Paketep

Well, you have to give it to the EA guys. They're hell bent on taking a globally well liked dev (Bioware) and make everyone hate it, even if it will cost them our money.

They give me no option. ME3 was the last EA thing I was looking forward to. Not anymore. They can shove Origin up their asses, I'll play some old Wing Commander and Ultima to remember what Origin used to mean.

Congratulations, Riccittielo, you bastard. You win.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2012, 15:10.

News Comments > Diablo III Dropping RMT in Korea?
7. Re: Diablo III Dropping RMT in Korea? Jan 14, 2012, 16:25 Paketep

nin wrote on Jan 14, 2012, 15:17:

Interesting that they would buckle there but not elsewhere. I'd love to have been a fly on the way during D3s development and controversial decisions being made. Surely not everyone there is fond of the direction the final produce appears to have taken.

If they aren't, they certainly disguise it really well.

If I worked at Blizz, seeing what they've been doing with SC2 and now D3, I'd have left long ago. They're pissing all over their history.

What's really amazing is the amount of people that will defend them whatever they do. Fanboyism is sad.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Interview
5. Re: MechWarrior Online Interview Jan 12, 2012, 05:26 Paketep

Prez wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 23:49:
Damn I wish this game was going to be the one I imagined in my head after that awesome trailer from a ways back and not this ...online thing.

You mean the one they sold us and made us salivate thinking about for two years before kicking us in the nuts?.

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software
50. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 07:26 Paketep

Jerykk wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 03:40:
Hidden & Dangerous is the only game until Rage that I felt came even close to creating such an immersive environment/atmosphere.

Did you ever play STALKER? I'd say that's the most atmospheric game I've played. A lot of it had to do with the dynamic lighting and ambient audio, as well as the dynamic and unpredictable encounters and the pseudo-open world. RAGE never really felt alive to me. It felt like a theme park.

Exactly. Stalker plus the Complete Mod is a fantastic game and looks incredible (lightning especially).

RAGE was a joke, and that's not even considering what an insult it was to the PC players that supported id for all those years. The best people at id left, and the only good ones remaining (Carmack and Willits) have lost their touch completely.

Time to retire for them and launch some rockets.

News Comments > How to Get Banned From MW3
6. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 7, 2012, 18:58 Paketep

People still play that POS?. Talk about bad taste.  

News Comments > New MS Online RTS Plans?
6. Re: New MS Online RTS Plans? Jan 6, 2012, 20:38 Paketep

Yeah, Microsoft, if you're going to do the same that with Age of Farmville Online, please don't bother. We don't need you anymore.  

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
35. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 17:34 Paketep

Red wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 17:28:
[...]So now I can say that most gamers are online, and even those that aren't, in fact usually are?[...]

You can say whatever you want. It doesn't make it true.

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
34. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 17:33 Paketep

Red wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 14:49:
But fortunately for my side of the argument, it is a fact that most gamers are online.

You seem to get your facts from the same place that Cevat Yerli, Mr. "our game would have sold 20 times more if not for piracy".

The only fact I'm seeing demonstrated here is that you are a troll AND an idiot (your words, by the way), and you're one of those gamers that as long as they have no problem with the requirements, they don't care if the rest of us can go to hell.

Blizzard already spoke about finishing D3 SOLO, i.e., as a single player game. Your arguments suck. You want to pay them more for an inferior product, whatever, but don't take the rest of us for idiots.

Oh, and if you live in central new york and have an affordable, reliable net connection, congratulations. The rest of us don't. And the rest of us is the majority of the world. And that's a fact.

Because I say so.

And because it is.

Look it up.

771 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo