Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paketep

Real Name Paketep   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2006, 13:29
Total Comments 782 (Graduate)
User ID 24337

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
3. Re: Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam Dec 19, 2014, 20:43 Paketep

Oh, I agree that what killed this game was Origin.

Not that he has much choice there. But hey, if EA doesn't want my money anymore, they can keep releasing their shit only in Origin, I will keep giving my money to other publishers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Patched
5. Re: QUAKE LIVE Patched Dec 3, 2014, 18:39 Paketep

Still no LAN and no Threewave, so I'll keep playing good old Q3A, thank you very much.  

News Comments > Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs
7. Re: Game Cancellation Causes Double Fine Layoffs Nov 22, 2014, 18:20 Paketep

nin wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 14:40:
I don't take any joy in anyone losing their jobs, but I'm still pissed over the whole DF9 debacle.

Same here, but I won't buy ANYTHING from Double Fine until they remove GFWL from Iron Brigade. The game just doesn't work right now, and it's been more than a year since they announced that they were "working on it".

Every other important game has removed GFWL already.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
87. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 15:21 Paketep

Wildone wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:18:
I bet most of these people where expecting a DRM free offline server mode so they can distribute the game to their mates and play in their own universe lol

Sure. That's why the guy who pledged 5000 wants a refund now, he can't pirate it anymore.

Dumbass.

86. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 15:16 Paketep

Wildone wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 12:28:
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..

I hope for your sake you are never one of the few. The empathy you show for your fellow gamers says everything about you.

84. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 15:12 Paketep

So glad I didn't back this. Braben just entered Molyneux's club.

Way to say a huge FUCK YOU to your backers, Frontier.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds
17. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds Nov 15, 2014, 17:53 Paketep

jdreyer wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 12:47:
What a cluster. What the hell were they thinking? Ubi had a fairly decent rep until this point. "EA seems to be kicking ass, let's be more like them!" It would be interesting to know how/why they subverted their internal processes and allowed this to happen.

A fairly decent rep?. Since they rolled out the POS that is Uplay, I haven't bought any game from them, except for the Trackmanis 2 series (which doesn't use Uplay).

Ubi and Uplay, EA and Origin, they can all go fuck themselves. They're not getting a single cent from me.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk
17. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk Nov 10, 2014, 06:18 Paketep

So glad I stopped buying after CoD4.

Call me when they put the cookiecutter up Kotick's ass and restore public dedis and LAN support, i.e., never.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015 Oct 28, 2014, 19:36 Paketep

On the one hand, it will be Origin only. On the same hand, fuck EA and DICE.  

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
16. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 16:17 Paketep

Blizzard?. That name rings a bell. Yeah, I seem to remember that they made good games 10 years ago. What happened to them?.  

News Comments > Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical
13. Re: Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical Sep 10, 2014, 18:54 Paketep

They already lied to us with MechWarrior. There's no way in hell I'm giving a cent to this guys for anything.  

News Comments > Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced
40. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 13:47 Paketep

When the Smoking Gun guys left Relic, they said that they wanted to follow their vision and do bigger things.

Apparently, bigger things mean another kick in the nuts of AoE fans with yet another P2W piece of shit. Way to go, Smoking Gun. Way to go, Microsoft (not that we expected anything else).

I have to guess that at least we can laugh at the thought that they really expect someone to move to W8 over this.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
37. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 21, 2014, 16:04 Paketep

Beamer wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 18:01:
Paketep wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 17:52:
Borderlands 2 4-pack is more expensive per game than buying each one sepparately (5 vs 22.5).

Bravo, Randy. No wonder Aliens Colonial Marines turned out like that: you can't do even basic math.

Must be a Steam Europe thing, because here it's $5 and $15.

Must be. And it's still happening.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 20, 2014, 17:52 Paketep

Borderlands 2 4-pack is more expensive per game than buying each one sepparately (5 vs 22.5).

Bravo, Randy. No wonder Aliens Colonial Marines turned out like that: you can't do even basic math.

News Comments > Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free
17. Re: Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free Aug 15, 2014, 18:37 Paketep

Orishit.

Thanks but no thanks.

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
27. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 14:41 Paketep

Origin -> no sale

That was easy.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
60. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 17:37 Paketep

Giant Bomb to the rescue:

The success of Doom and Doom II began to have an impact on Romero. Apparently, he became so engrossed with fame and deathmatching with fans that he neglected his work completely. This created a lot of pressure during the development of Quake and John Carmack was saddened that his programming buddy was skipping work. Carmack had no choice but to appoint American McGee from doing support calls to level design. It turned out to be the right decision as American was able to create more levels than Romero.

On August 6, 1996, Romero was called on a meeting and was given the news that his fellow id members were firing him. This was what John Carmack said to Romero,

"You're not doing your work! You're not living up to your responsibilities. You're hurting the project. You're hurting the company. You've been poisonous to the company, and your contribution has been negative over the past couple years. You needed to do better but you didn't. Now you need to go! Here's a resignation and here's a termination! You're going to resign now!"

59. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 17:33 Paketep

Krovven wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 16:40:
id software arguably didn't make anything good after Romero left, so there is that.

Quake 3 disagrees with you.

On the topic of him leaving, it's also publicly known that others were forced out of id software for disagreements on the design of games and future of the company.

If I remember Masters of Doom (it's been a long time since I read it), he was fired because he wasn't working shit, he was just playing and chatting with fanboys about how great he was.

John Romero has nothing to prove, at least not to the heathens here.

He has, if he wants anyone to buy his game. That's if he finishes it, of course.

58. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 17:30 Paketep

Trevellian wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 06:42:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 00:43:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:28:
Flak wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:22:
Unless you're giving us Doom 2 with challenging AI, 40 decently designed levels, enemies that actually pose a challenge, weapons that don't feel like yet another shitty M16 clone (don't forget all the goofy accessories), and full 32 player multiplayer carnage with LAN/Dedicated servers...

If I ain't gots me a chainsaw, a double-barrel shotgun, and an ample supply of demon guts plastered all over the screen: GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE ROMERO.

+1

The problem is that kids these days only want rail shooters and twitch tiny room shooters. Skill and level design is long gone....

And then there is the excellent level design of Titanfall.

You forget that like 98% of Blues didn't give Titanfall a chance because Activision/COD Creators. Be realistic Seph.

Nope. You have the answer in the paragraph above: Origin, no LAN and no public dedicated servers.

As for Romero, this will probably flop. He lost it years ago. If he delivers, fantastic, but I'm not wasting any breath waiting for it.

As for the hate?. Take the bitch ad, take what he did with Ion Storm, read how he takes credit for everything, read Masters of Doom. He was (and is) the Bieber of the gaming industry.

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin
2. Re: Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin Aug 5, 2014, 16:12 Paketep

Same here.

Origin: not even free.

The true Origin is the one that did WC3. The current Origin can crash and burn with their idiotic DRM for all I care.

782 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo