Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for grahamslam

Real Name grahamslam   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.daremefordollars.com
Signed On Jan 30, 2006, 23:53
Total Comments 26 (Suspect)
User ID 24335

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 16:29 grahamslam

I played it two hours last night when it unlocked and about another two hours today. I'm enjoying it. It's not great, it should have been released a few years ago, but it's pretty fun so far. I also watched the youtube reviews, but after playing it I can clearly see the reviewer set out to make it look as bad as possible. I HATE the two weapon limit. Don't mind the regenerated health too much. The one liners are actually more funny than I thought they'd be. The load times on my comp are usually just a couple seconds. The graphics look good... maybe even really good on my comp. I don't like that they don't let you explore. I really want to run around and find some secrets. Yeah the people and some animations aren't top notch, but it doesn't bother me much. I also HATE IT when people bash a game they haven't played and act like they know what they're talking about because they repeat someone else. Get a mind of your own, either try the game out and then comment on it, or don't buy it and quit trollin cuz you think it makes you cool. Because you're not.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DNF Trailer (Or Lack Thereof) Follow-up
64. Re: No subject Jun 3, 2008, 17:54 grahamslam

Reply to Sifer:

Reply to dagger:

George Broussard is the Maroon giving his own company, his own money

I wonder why you are calling George dark red.

News Comments > DNF Sighting
54. Re: No subject May 1, 2008, 12:28 grahamslam

The Shrinker in Duke 3D is easily the best FPS humiliation weapon of all time.

What is more humiliating is to shrink someone, then not be able to step on them to kill them, and they grow again only to kill your ass.

You are forgetting the freeze ray where you freeze then go kick them to pieces. Ahh...good ol duke.

I forget, can you freeze someone you shrunk or shrink someone you froze?

My all time favorite back when I was a noob was to throw out a bunch of pipe bombs in an area and hide, when you hear them pick one up, you know they are near them all so you push the trigger...ahh good times. These kids who post saying duke sucks, clearly have never had the experience to play it back in the day when it really was the shit. I mean seriously, all they have to do is update the engine, using the same weapons and interactivity and they should have a hit. Problem is now they have to really implement some crazy shit for people to take notice and get over the long long delay.

This comment was edited on May 1, 12:29.

News Comments > Prey 2 Art
33. Re: ... Mar 16, 2008, 11:51 grahamslam

I would have taken SiN Episode 1 over all of those, at least until you got to those heavy chain gun guys, who completely blew the balance

I thought SiN episode 1 was really good, but I agree with the heavy chain gun guys kinda blew it at the end. They said there was a problem with the auto-adjustment of skill level that was fixed with the patch. I never got around to replaying it with the patch but I'm sure that issue was resolved. I'd love to replay that game again. And maybe it's just me but I love short and quick games for less money (aka episodic content). I don't like to feel like the game goes on and on and on, and if its that good from episode one, I'd definately get the episode two, etc. I'm sad they cancelled episode two, was greatly looking forward to it.

News Comments > Prey 2 Art
1. prey 2 woo hoo Mar 15, 2008, 15:30 grahamslam

Prey was pretty good, but I hope they improve on a few things in prey 2. Thats all i gotta say about that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Automobile recommendations Mar 14, 2008, 17:19 grahamslam

I find it funny that you are so concerned about price, yet buying new, its the biggest waste of money since you lose 20% of the value just driving it off the lot. Try looking for a one year old car, much cheaper and still have warranties. Look on autotrader.com or something similar once you found a car you like. People are hurting for money in this shit economy and you might be able to strike a good deal. A one year old car is basically new anyway, cars don't even get broken in and perform at their maximum until around 20,000 miles.

19. Re: sump pump Mar 13, 2008, 08:12 grahamslam

While that's possible, I have to say I've never seen a floor drain in a hole this big:

You'd be suprised at what I've seen. sometimes when people have problems aligning buried pipes, they just leave a big drain hole with a pipe on one side feeding it and the other end of the pipe on the other side of the hole to take the water out. With a hole that big I'd assume a drain hole on the side rather than the bottom of the hole.

At any rate, I'm standing by the fact that unless it's overflowing into the basement, you don't need a sump pump in it. And even if it is and there is a drain, then the drain may just need cleaned.

17. sump pump Mar 12, 2008, 11:38 grahamslam

I think that the hole you have (without seeing pics) is not a sump well. It seems the depth is too small, and there would have been an old sump pump with plumbing in it at one time and you would see evidence of that. It seems more likely that it is just a large floor drain, probably connected to the sewer (I bet your main sewer pipe goes into the floor in the basement). Unless it is overflowing, putting a sump pump in it would do no good. I take it that you have an older house?
Anyway if it is backing up, then you might just have to have it cleaned out. Thats my 2 cents without seeing it.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 11:39.

2. Re: Memory Lane.... Mar 12, 2008, 10:43 grahamslam

Beyond the frogs and misquitos or dragonflies...whatever the hell they were...the game was quite fun (after the patch). Blue should add a link to the famous "Suck it down" daikatana video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SC7z8W134

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Video
172. I can't wait Dec 23, 2007, 15:35 grahamslam

Personally, I can't wait for this game to come out. I mean I'm one who loved duke3d, even after quake came out I still had multi-player fun with duke for some time.
Here's my view, not like most of you give a shit, but here it is anyway.

If DNF didn't meet the internal expectations on what they wanted to accomplish back in 2001 or 2002 or whatever, and it caused them to need to advance to the next generation and start over, then I'm all for that. Here is why:

I think even a mediocre game released as dnf would have killed the franchise. They understood by then that with the delays, this game had higher expectations and needed to incorporate everything in their vision. I'm going to use diakatana to make some points. That game was actually good. I played through the whole game TWICE even (something I rarely do). Reviewers couldn't wait for the full game to come out to jump on the bandwagon and make bad reviews, so they reviewed the demo as a full game. Unfortunately for most gamers, they bought into the reviews and didn't have the pleasure of experiencing a good game. It wasn't a groundbreaking game and had a few bugs that were fixed with a patch (what game doesnt get patched these days?). My whole point you say? That diakatana won't be made into diakatana 2 with a fancy new engine and more content and gamers are the ones who lose out. Nowadays it seems that all we get are clones (how many ww2 games are there?) Not much in terms of variety. So if the engine at the time couldn't make duke run efficient and incorporate all the interaction they wanted, then it's better to wait and release a really good game on an updated platform.

We have yet to see if this game will be good or not because it isnt even out. The trailer isn't even out (it was a teaser). I thought the models were great (can't say graphics because all they showed were a couple model) Pretty graphics don't make a game, but they do make a good game better. Crysis is gorgeous if you can run it on high quality, but the gameplay isn't groundbreaking, and apparently not many people can run it because the sales aren't that great.

If it doesn't come out or it does come out and you dont buy it, what have you lost?
If it does come out and it is really good, what have you gained? You only gain the good experience of playing it if you buy it. If you don't intend to ever buy it, then you gain nothing anyway, so if you consider yourself a gamer, then it's your loss.

News Comments > Free Daikatana
35. Re: Not so bad Dec 6, 2007, 12:32 grahamslam

I agree with blackhawk. This is actually one of the very few games I ever played through more than once. The greek levels were absolutely the best and very gorgeous (even graphically speaking for the time when the game was released). I also remember that there was a story about how many reviewers never actually played the game and they still reviewed it, just to jump on the bandwagon to bash the game. Interesting enough the reviewers would say "I didn't make it passed the frogs, so this game sucks." Also, anyone remember the little gem of a game called Requiem? God that was a great game at the time, but noone reviewed it. I remember firingsquad reviewed it and said something to the fact of "this could be a suprise hit" but everyone had their heads soooo far up their ass playing half-life, they didn't take the time to play any other good game out at the time. It's pathetic really that people choose one game that they like and all else is shit...god forbid if u like more than one game at once.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Website
35. Re: UT 3 May 9, 2007, 03:47 grahamslam

Tribes will always be the series requiring the most skill from the player.

I take it you don't play UT then. UT2k3 required the most skill, but the noobs complained they got owned too easily so they noobified 2k4 to get rid of boost dodging, slower weapon switching and more powerful spam weapons...shame on them. If you didn't understand DOUBLE DODGE jump versus BUNNY HOP then you don't deserve to play UT online in a server with good players. I have yet to play a FPS online that requires more skill than UT2k3...and i've played most of them.

This comment was edited on May 9, 04:04.

News Comments > New BioShock Video
3. goody May 9, 2007, 02:06 grahamslam

I'm glad it is a faster paced FPS at heart. I love action, not some large inventory control, hunting for objects type gameplay.

News Comments > BioShock Movie
9. Re: No subject Mar 5, 2007, 19:22 grahamslam

Personally, I liked it. I liked the look of the game too. I thought it was pretty awesome myself. The atmosphere was great, but I wonder how the game will actually play. The characters all seemed to have a little bit of personality which is something we need more of in games.

10. Re: Dare Me For Dollars Feb 21, 2007, 16:54 grahamslam

LOL, ok it wasn't necessary. But there was a point...main reason was after the "Stunt" video was compressed it was hard to see what I was wearing...just looked like a white blurb. So I had to figure out a somewhat entertaining way of showing not only what I was wearing, but how hard it was to get in that stupid thing. Some girlfriends of mine thought it'd be funny to see me dance in it, but I figured some of the guys wouldn't be so amused. Oh well, can't please everyone.

News Comments > RoboBlitz Trial
1. woohoo Nov 8, 2006, 16:08 grahamslam

RoboBlitz!!! WOOOHOOO!!! RoboBlitz!!! Pretty cool demo so far. Made me feel like I was in Mega-man's world. Ahhh, Megaman...good ol megaman. Except, you aren't megaman you are a robot. Ahh RoboBlitz!!! WOOHOO RoboBlitz!!!! Yeah, pretty neat game so far but I only got about 15 minutes of play time so far cuz I'm at work. woo..hoo...work...ah work...back to work.

News Comments > Dracula Twins Demo
10. hey...uh...hey Oct 19, 2006, 14:23 grahamslam

Did anyone actually get the demo and play it yet? If so...is it any good? Like...i might get the demo when i get home from work, but would like to know a little more before i spend the time.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Prey
3. Re: it ships Jul 11, 2006, 10:12 grahamslam

I got my pre-order in yesterday to take advantage of a discount at best buy, I got 15% off a video card for buying a game with it and the card was already on sale so I got a Nvidia 6200 oc card for like 85 bucks and it seems to be a dramatic leap in framerates in the prey demo over my Nvidia 5700 ultra card. The 5700 ultra was a huge card that required an extra power plug, so maybe I'll use less electricity now
Only problem is I have to wait for the game to ship to me, but maybe that's a good thing since I have lots of work I need to catch up on right now. Once I get the game I'm sure my productivity will spiral down.

News Comments > Prey-Loads
8. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2006, 15:20 grahamslam

What do most big budget games get released for these days? I think 49.99 would be a good price for this game. I don't own a console, but what do those games get released for? Seems that console games cost more but I don't know since I don't care to play anything on a console right now. I guess I don't have much of a point other than 50 bucks for a game isn't high, its average and this looks to me to be one hell of an above average game. If people want to wait to see if and when it hits a "bargain bin" then that's their decision, but they will have to waaaaaaaaaaait a lot longer than the rest of us who can't wait to play it.

News Comments > Gold - Prey
27. Re: No subject Jun 28, 2006, 12:55 grahamslam

Oh grahamslam, your argument is generic.

I think my sarcasm far exceeds my own understanding of what I say.

26 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo