Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 507 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III The Betrayal DLC
3. Re: Assassin's Creed III The Betrayal DLC Mar 19, 2013, 22:10 DarkCntry

Brumbek wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 21:29:
I just really dislike them portraying Washington this way. It is basically slander. I'm ok with alternate history games like saying the Nazis took over the world because the Nazis were trying for this very thing. Or even Lincoln Vampire Hunter because it is a total joke concept.

But to take a real historical figure and misrepresent him so utterly...Washington refused to be King in real life. It just strikes me as crossing a line. You'd get sued if you represented a living figure in this manner...I guess I just don't like people misrepresenting history in such a serious manner.

Wait, so you're ok with them doing alternate histories with everyone but Washington?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2013, 20:40 DarkCntry

Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 18:42:
I've got keys too if anyone needs/wants one. Message ParanoidJack on Steam. Not sure how gifting works on Steam but it can't be too hard to figure out.

Under your profile you should see "Inventory", which should have the 'keys'. Under those, there should be a gifting option.

Granted, I don't know if they are just using serials or what-not, but that's how you gift games from Steam.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2013, 17:48 DarkCntry

Jedi Master wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 17:42:
It's an alpha.

If you don't like what people are doing on public servers, don't use them. I've played OFP and Arma for over 11 years and I've never played on a public server and I'm not about to start. In fact, I stopped playing on public servers of all types around 2005.

Uh...I know it's an alpha (although I really dislike their usage of that considering the current area of development the game is actually in), that doesn't excuse the fact that it's being abused in a manner that it shouldn't be.

As for playing on private servers, that's pretty much pointless to do currently in the alpha due to the numbers.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2013, 17:39 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 17:02:
Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 16:11:
Doh, missed the Anno sale, oh well I've waited this long. Think Ima grab Ass Creed 3 today though seeing as it's now at $25.

Anyone got a spare Arma III key I'd appreciate it. I'm dying to check out the Scuba Steve portion of the game in particular.

I'll send you a friend invite when I get home - you're in the blues steam group? I thought I found you on steam, but I wasn't positive. But I've got at least one left, I think.

Have they patched out the spectator bug/glitch that people have been using to annoy others?

Last time I checked half the servers were being inundated with idiots forcing others into Spec-gulls.

News Comments > GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound
23. Re: GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound Mar 7, 2013, 12:27 DarkCntry

born2expire wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 12:04:
I can't belive Im the 18th comment and the first to mention all the damn QTE's. They completely ruin the game, it WOULD be a decent game without them, but I can't stand QTE's and there is just so many of them.

You seem to be the minority here.

While there are plenty of "Mash E repeatedly" moments, there are very, very few true QTEs. The most annoying of them being the timing ones for executions and timed-dodges. The rest are basically "wiggle joystick" but use a keyboard style, then press either the binds for Use or your axe.

NONE of these are intrusive in any way.

News Comments > GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound
3. Re: GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound Mar 7, 2013, 09:48 DarkCntry

necrosis wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 09:40:
Fixes for what? Good chunk into the game and zero issues here.

I had one crash, but I don't know the root cause..however there are tessellation-related issues and other issues with nVidia GPUs on Ultra settings...the only settings I pushed to Ultra were textures, game still looked and performed ok for me.

News Comments > SimCity Adding Servers
5. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 09:31 DarkCntry

InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 09:17:
What is the city population limit? Do acrologies and other advanced structures/buildings exist in this iteration?

I've been well over 200k people in my city, and advanced structures for the most part are similar to previous itterations of the game.

Arcologies, however, are a communal-built effort. Basically it's a Great Work that requires pretty much everyone on that plot to chip in to obtain the logical resources it provides, in this case, huge boom to population and tourism.

News Comments > Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month
5. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 7, 2013, 04:46 DarkCntry

born2expire wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 23:12:
so. many. QTEs.

Must be playing a different game than I, I'm a good halfway through and the only QTE-like events have been non-intrusive and minimal. Unless you're talking about the "press E" to catch yourself from falling, which I don't think qualifies as a QTE.

Hell, the QTEs that I've had have been small and I don't really consider mashing a couple buttons a QTE.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues
115. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 7, 2013, 04:42 DarkCntry

Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 23:23:
Some new pics floating around today:

http://i.imgur.com/K3KFAI3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wA03tRY.jpg

You can ignore the second picture, as the 'timer' is tied to your system clock and by changing it, you also change the amount of time left...hell, I could change it to be 6 years if I so desire, but I don't think it'll parse that long.

And I am somewhat skeptical about the first one, as the wording of it is not indicative of an experience a colleague had when requesting a refund as per their release-day issues. The Rep he had spoke to took his information, checked his Origin account to see if the game was registered, and then issued a refund and removed the game from his account, and even offered him a 40% coupon to use towards a next purchase. The Rep even mentioned that if he decided to come back after the servers were more stable that the coupon is valid on a re-purchase of the game.

111. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 6, 2013, 20:39 DarkCntry

ASeven wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 12:17:
http://i.imgur.com/gXcaWns.png

Well in some defense of the new game, there are Arcologies, it's a grand work that all cities have to build together. Honestly that does make some sense instead of having 5 million of them in your cities

There's also a Muni airport, smaller but having pretty much similar functions of an actual airport.

I do really expect EA to release a commuter-based DLC simply because of the massive emphasis the game has on traffic flow and the horrible implementation of it.

Still, all-in-all, the game is fun, when you actually get to play unimpeded.

89. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 6, 2013, 00:11 DarkCntry

Spent a few hours playing it after it arrived earlier, I didn't have too many issues until now, which is 9pm so I expected it.

The only issues I had was that the server registering the changes, such as buildings building at the right rate and the actual game speed not syncing correctly.

The game, itself, isn't all that bad...the 2kmē sizes are restricting, but honestly I don't really have an overall problem. It just forces you to focus more on the specializations.

Also, I did lose connection to the Net a couple times (one a 10min break) and it didn't kick me out of the game/city.

News Comments > Telepath Tactics Kickstarter
7. Re: Telepath Tactics Kickstarter Nov 28, 2012, 16:27 DarkCntry

Beamer wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 13:42:
"as well as 2-to-6 player multiplayer with support for hotseat play (i.e. you and your friends playing together in the same room, Super Smash Brothers style)."

That's more or less a lie. Smash Brothers is NOT hotseat, and hotseat is NOT Smash Brothers.

While grammatically the sentence is sound, the end result is that people misinterpret it as how you read it. What is meant is that 2-6 player multiplayer support is akin to the SSB style, which is quantified by the "you and your friends..together in the same room" statement.

News Comments > Dungeonland Beta Signups
3. Re: Dungeonland Beta Signups Nov 9, 2012, 19:23 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 12:28:
Looks like a kids game.

No more a kids game than Dungeon Keeper was with the tongue-in-cheek parody.

News Comments > Three Dishonored Add-ons Announced
3. Re: Three Dishonored Add-ons Announced Oct 25, 2012, 12:29 DarkCntry

Jerykk wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 12:22:
Nice! Always felt that Daud was underdeveloped in the core game. I wonder how long the campaign will be.

That's exactly how I felt about Daud. I felt that was one of the negatives with the overall game, albeit a small one.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed
25. Re: BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed Oct 19, 2012, 14:27 DarkCntry

Jerykk wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 23:11:
Dishonored has much more in common with Thief and Bioshock than Deus Ex and System Shock. It has the ambiance, level design, AI and stealth mechanics of Thief with the powers, combat and upgrade system of Bioshock. That's a pretty great combination in my mind but if you're expecting another DX or SS, you'll likely be disappointed.

Yea, I agree. The thing I was trying to emphasize was that in Dishonored that we finally got the choice to be pacifist and succeed without being penalized or forced into killing people, like Human Revolution fell into.

As for Dishonored's story, I don't think it fell apart at all. If you pay attention to the details, the end game events all make sense. The only shortcoming is that it didn't really answer all the questions I had about the supernatural elements of the story. If you want a good example of a game whose story completely falls apart towards the end, see Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy.

Believe me, I've kept up with the story pretty well, it was just the combination of not expanding on the Outsider and the rather obvious turn the game's story went after you achieved your main goal. I mean, it really felt incoherent when you faced your 'alter-ego' Assassin because they only glossed over him during the bulk of the story and then threw a focal point to him during that section, only to then totally remove him from the equation.

I will say that the ending I got felt nice, especially considering the amount of work I did with only 3 total kills (the only deaths were due to clipping when tossing bodies down and them breaking their necks...and the duel sequence at the party) and low chaos.

Also, I don't think Fahrenheit's story fell apart, I think it just took the David Lynch approach and creating one of the most "WTF"-style story possible. That, and well, David Cage

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Patch Plans
28. Re: Torchlight 2 Patch Plans Oct 18, 2012, 21:16 DarkCntry

Axis wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 20:39:
Dark what in the FUCK are you talking about?

I mentioned MY FRIENDS aren't playing TL2, then call it HARDCORE as an exclamation point. where do I insult ANYONE? I said I played the game and enjoyed it and stated a fact about it's HARDCORE Longevity - of which there is none.

The passive-aggressive part about using 'hardcore' in that context. Of course, tone here could be lost, but the appearance is that it is "so hardcore" that only 1 of your 74 friends are playing, and at that they are really not playing and are only bullshitting with you.

And when have I ever changed my stance on anything I've stated?

Your stance has adjusted from how you explain that your opinion appears to carry more weight than that of, well, anyone else. You've gone from not even contextually placing it as your opinion, to it's your opinion, to it's your opinion "rooted in experience".

Looks like you're having a tough time proving your "facts", while relishing in the FACT that your opinions aren't rooted in any FACTS at all.

I'm failing where I'm trying to prove anything. The only thing that is happening here is that you talk about embarrassing people for actions that you, yourself, are doing.

25. Re: Torchlight 2 Patch Plans Oct 18, 2012, 20:08 DarkCntry

Axis wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 19:51:
DarkCntry wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 19:42:
Axis wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 19:34:
Or you will often embarrass yourself...
Much like you're doing right now...

You passive-aggressively put down people who don't have the same opinion that you do about a particular game.

The thing about opinions is that you cannot just "justify" them, as they are subjective by their very nature.

Except opinions, to be taken even somewhat seriously, should be rooted in experience.

Then there's you who state crap like "You passive-aggressively put down people who don't have the same opinion that you do"

and I ask... "where exactly do I put anyone down for their opinion?"

I smack the FUCK outta creeps who attack me personally, but anyone else I give a fair shake and respect their opinions.
Does this look familiar?

Axis wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 16:04:
Ya it's a real longevity game. Out of the 74 steam friends who own the game, I may see 1 playing any given night, usually afk bullshitting to me or someone else...

H a r d c o r e!

The thing is, you constantly change your stance when someone calls you out on it. You can't just say that since you played a game that your opinion is somehow weighted higher than someone who didn't is just, well, funny. What you can say is that someone that hadn't played the game *might* be taking an uneducated stance on it, but that's about it.

For example, I can say that I find Rugby an uninteresting sport despite not actually playing it or researching it...it's an uneducated stance, but it's my own. This is an opinion rooted in experience, but it doesn't make my opinion any more, or less, valid than someone who finds Rugby interesting.

News Comments > PAYDAY: The Heist Free Weekend; Sale
1. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Free Weekend; Sale Oct 18, 2012, 19:42 DarkCntry

Didn't we just have one of these a few weeks ago?  

22. Re: Torchlight 2 Patch Plans Oct 18, 2012, 19:42 DarkCntry

Axis wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 19:34:
Or you will often embarrass yourself...
Much like you're doing right now...

You passive-aggressively put down people who don't have the same opinion that you do about a particular game.

The thing about opinions is that you cannot just "justify" them, as they are subjective by their very nature.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed
22. Re: BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed Oct 18, 2012, 19:24 DarkCntry

sauron wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 18:23:
Great, thanks nin!

Speaking of spiritual successors to System Shock, I'm thinking Dishonored looks like a convergence of SS2, Thief and Deus Ex. Saw some gameplay vids today and boy does it look good. Think I'll have to get it, then play it when the kids and Mrs. Sauron are asleep.

The one drawback to Dishonored, in my opinion, is that the story just falls apart during the climax. I won't say it's the exact same, but I felt it went off the rails in a similar fashion that Mass Effect did, just more condensed and not over 3 games

I will say that I did highly enjoy the option to play as a pacifist and that it didn't penalize me. The actual choice to do it with violence or not is actually a big selling point to me, and one I missed from Human Revolution.

507 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo