Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 555 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wil Wheaton Joins Broken Age
3. Re: Wil Wheaton Joins Broken Age Dec 6, 2013, 22:28 DarkCntry

Loving the collection of magazines next to the iMac...from Playboy and GQ to Highlights.

Talk about interesting ranges.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 5, 2013, 18:17 DarkCntry

Denthor wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 17:57:
Huh, they are allowed to play other games they are just not allowed to promote it -- IE Stream it. BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

You're missing the point, as was pointed out, queue times for the ones that would be sponsored by Riot are obnoxiously long. Many of these times can reach into half-hour bouts or longer, and while you're streaming you're stuck with two options, either sit there and watch the queue timer tick away which generally gets boring for the viewers who then leave, or shut down stream.

Most of these players find themselves using streaming as a source of income, and if they aren't streaming it's highly improbable that the deal Riot makes with them will cover all of their costs, so they are finding themselves without content to stream simply because Riot cannot piece together a feasible solution.

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 5, 2013, 17:40 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 17:30:
oh noes, how terrible.

E"Sports" gamers like to pretend they're athletes, but when asked to adhere to the same stipulations ACTUAL athletes have to adhere to, they whine like the whaaambulance.

Suck it up or get out of your contract. This is called being sponsored, and that's what sponsors demand in exchange for giving you ridiculous amounts of money to play a fucking VIDEOGAME.

The thing is this though, with athletes in other sports it is rare for them to be banned from playing other types of sports, albeit playing other types of sports while you're playing you're hired role is difficult, but that's the thing...

The issue with this contract is that it's a haphazard attempt to limit exposure of players that Riot finds 'worthy' to sponsor from streaming any of the games listed ever.

You don't hear baseball players getting fined because they were playing football do you? Or basketball players playing baseball...

The point is this, stop hiding behind some stupid reasoning and say "hey, if you want to be sponsored by us, you're only going to be allowed to stream what we want you to stream".

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
25. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2013, 17:16 DarkCntry

Pigeon wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 16:11:
I've just been using broadcast TV for the last 5-6 years. Even after eliminating the Spanish and Asian language channels, and the religious ones, there are 25+ channels to choose from. Most of it is crap, but its free crap as opposed to paying $80 a month for crap.

My biggest issue with cable TV...

The mass abundance of channels that are really nothing but reskins of the same channel, IE the 900 sports channels where 3-4 are showing the exact same things, the 900 news channels which are really just the exact same channel with a few different names, the massive amounts of Spanish channels (seriously, have a different package for these), the ass-ton of religious channels....

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 5, 2013, 16:44 DarkCntry

The problem with that contract is that, one, it's not specific and a lot of the banned entries aren't even the correct games.

Two, there's at least one game on there that can no longer be played, there's a few games on there that have, maybe, 10 people playing, and there's several very old games that you'd be luckier to find a pot of gold than other players.

Three, several of the games aren't actually competitors to LoL, and they don't even name one that is a major competitor. You ban all of Blizzard's games EXCEPT Heroes of the Storm?

Four, a good portion of those games aren't even in the same genre, let-alone of the same model as LoL.

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
27. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 5, 2013, 01:14 DarkCntry

Not one to argue for DICE or EA, but honestly outside of the first few days of release I haven't had too many issues with the game.

I'm beginning to think I'm like a rare unicorn or something seeing as this isn't the first game where people describe massive issues happening and they haven't cropped up on my end.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups
10. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups Nov 9, 2013, 10:53 DarkCntry

Ventura wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 05:43:
It's not a bad game, but something tells me there are more of me around than there are of you

That's what a lot of people thought about WoW too...where are we today?

News Comments > Next Mass Effect Teases
27. Re: Next Mass Effect Teases Nov 8, 2013, 11:27 DarkCntry

Quinn wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 01:27:
No idea how ppl could get into that. Why should I give a shit about destroying blackmail data for person A and killing a druglord in another sidequest? Why would I give a shit about stopping the Adolf Hitler of the Mass Effect universe? The whole universe is getting fucked by Shepard and the Reapers anyway. Knowing this certainty kinda removes the will to live in that world or try to fix it.

I don't know, it didn't stop people from playing Knights of the Old Republic, it didn't stop people from playing The Walking Dead, and it sure as hell didn't stop people from playing the various Lord of the Rings games.

The point is simple, even if you know how the world will ultimately 'end up', doesn't mean that you cannot have an enjoyable experience in the same setting.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Nov 6, 2013, 04:34 DarkCntry

Krovven wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 00:52:
New system sucks. Copy and pasting the serials to friends was so much simpler.

I agree, but I also see the reason behind this...it's to keep people from buying these games and reselling them for full-price, making a massive profit at the sake of the publishers offering the games and HB itself.

Stupid people ruin it for the good people.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 31, 2013, 22:07 DarkCntry

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:26:
I just hope that prank guy isn't in a state with Stand your Ground laws.
Watching the video, I cannot quite make out the language over, but he's not in an English-speaking country...

That said, there is a bit at the end when someone does not take kindly to being spooked.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
28. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 09:04 DarkCntry

InBlack wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 05:29:
Way to go, charging full price for something that should have been DLC, maybe even free DLC. Well to each his own I guess, enjoy the game.

So, I guess the enhancements made to the engine shouldn't count either, right?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
24. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 05:02 DarkCntry

InBlack wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 04:31:
Why would anyone want to get this anyway?? Didnt BF3 come out a year ago and isnt it basically the same game?? I mean they are obviously going the way of CoD but no one gives a shit?? Fucking pathetic if you ask me.

Unlike the yearly CoD releases, this at least improves something over the last game, and the return of Commander mode, it actually brings something that people wanted.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins Oct 27, 2013, 20:17 DarkCntry

Quinn wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 18:37:
Other than the slight lack of polish (do note that we're comparing it to 2 games that were freakishly perfect), though, this game is a blast. I'm enjoying it allot and I really get this big city christmas vibe when I'm gliding through Gotham.

What I don't really dig are the skill trees. They are kinda based on achievements, as you can only progress in each tree by performing the achievement asked of you one achievement at a time. Can anyone tell me WHAT THE HELL a preditor encounter is? I cannot progress in the Predator/Stealth tree because I need to complete a "predator encounter without being seen". I'm certain I've achieved that about 6 or 7 times already. It seems I'm stuck on the third step of the Predator progression.

The Predator Encounters are those during major areas (think interiors) where you're given the best opportunities to be full stealth. To use the previous games, anytime you saw a gargoyle you could climb on inside indicated a Predator Encounter-allowed area.

I agree, though, gating some of the more useful skills behind them are not a good way to do things.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins Oct 25, 2013, 12:53 DarkCntry

Without getting into spoiler-mode, I just finished the Copperhead portion of the game...minus a few graphical glitches (hello Croc's head through a wall) and a small bit of graphical slowdown, the game has been pretty smooth.

It plays almost exactly like Arkham City did, seeing as it is effectively the exact same map used. The one thing I don't really care for right now is the leveling up is now tree-based and not 'pick what you want'. Granted, most of the stuff that everyone gets is unlocked automatically, I just don't like being forced down a specific path to reach the stuff I want.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
19. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 22:44 DarkCntry

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 08:42:
Redmask wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 07:20:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 02:49:
David Cage has some SERIOUS issues. Or in other words: nothing new.

It's a shower scene that is much tamer than your average 'amateur video' clip, maybe he figures you're a mature enough adult to handle it.

I don't see the issue here, GTA IV has full frontal nudity during the strip "mini game" I don't see yuastnav insulting those developers though.

You do know what full-frontal nudity is, right? I really don't think you do since that doesn't actually take place in GTA IV (or even V).

And David Cage is pretty out there, his storytelling alone shows that.

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
13. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 23, 2013, 20:07 DarkCntry

Wildone wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 19:23:
Wtf for? Its not like its open world?! I think they were probably too lazy to optimize so just said fuck it
It's for all the incorrectly angled sun shafts, the massive-poly'd dogs, and THE AWESOME EXPLOSIONS!

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
9. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 21, 2013, 12:01 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 11:38:
Thanks guys! So, in essence, DOGI Devs = Cockwallets.

Furthermore TB goes in depth about possible Kickstarter shenanigans, plausible reasoning behind the take-down, and shenanigans of the Greenlight process, circling back to Wild Games giving implied permission to make Youtube videos of gameplay.

Basically it boils down to Wild Games didn't like TB's first impressions being higher ranked search on Youtube for the game and it being ultimately a lambasting of their product.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer Oct 21, 2013, 11:39 DarkCntry

City improves on everything Asylum had, the combat is tighter (still floaty for a lot of people though), Detective mode is still OP but only in very situational areas and they made it far more difficult to leave it on and navigate. The only real similarity overall is back-tracking, but City is far more open-world than Asylum and it's one of those "well, it is a huge city after-all" experiences.

Really though, backtracking in Asylum was there for completionists that wanted to 100% the game and get the Riddler trophies and what-not, I think there was only a handful of times where you were forced to do it.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Changes
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 04:01 DarkCntry

Going to simply buck the trend...I didn't have any issues with BF4's beta and I actually enjoyed the time I played with it. But hey, everyone has different tastes and what-not.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 16, 2013, 22:11 DarkCntry

KTR wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 21:19:
That kiosk hardly looks offical compared to the other ones I've saw.
I agree, the one I saw had small breathing holes on each side of the box.

555 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo