Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 531 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > League of Legends Security Breach
5. Re: League of Legends Security Breach Aug 21, 2013, 19:18 DarkCntry

My wonder is just why was a payment system that hasn't been in use since 2011 was still actively connected to a network with outside access? I understand having information for record keeping, but having something that was phased out still open to outside access seems a bit lax to me.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Infinite Crisis Atomic Wonder Woman Trailer
7. Re: Infinite Crisis Atomic Wonder Woman Trailer Aug 17, 2013, 14:44 DarkCntry

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 06:04:
DC missed the fact that MOBA's are already losing their attractiveness. Unless they can push the envelope, people are not going to flock to it.

You underestimate the power of a strong IP.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 17, 2013, 04:47 DarkCntry

LaxerFL wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 00:03:
It is not Google's fault that Windows Phone is simply a terrible platform and that Microsoft can't provide a YouTube experience on par with Android or iOS...

But in a great turn of events, Google's gone and created an equal experience on iOS and Android as they did on the MS phones, a good 80% of YT users can't access any of their accounts on those devices due to Google's most recent attempt to unify G+ and the rest of their services.

News Comments > Infinite Crisis Atomic Wonder Woman Trailer
4. Re: Infinite Crisis Atomic Wonder Woman Trailer Aug 17, 2013, 02:30 DarkCntry

Saboth wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 22:37:
Atomic Wonder Woman...with a chainsaw. Ok. That makes like, zero sense. Wonder Woman might use a halberd or spear, but a chainsaw attached to a street post? And apparently she discovered Goodwill stores.

Atomic Wonder Woman comes from the Earth that has experienced fallout from World War III.

As said, there are a lot of DC side stories that follow different "earths" in the Multiverse and how various heroes and villains are portrayed.

Examples include the Gotham by Gaslight arcs, the Batman Vs Dracula arcs, and the arc where Atomic Wonder Woman comes from. Some are expanded, some are only given 'life' in a small blurb.

To give some information, check the Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse_(DC_Comics)

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Jul 22, 2013, 09:54 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 08:54:
DarkCntry wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 04:41:
I was seriously upset that Dragon's Lair beat Evoland out a couple community picks ago.

I love Dragon's Lair like most people from the 80's, but honestly, how does this nine-billionth remake of the epitome of linearity beat out a game like Evoland?

It made me a sad panda.

Does evoland actually have gameplay though? I heard, based on people that played it, that it was more about pressing a button to continue.

Which, oddly enough, put it right on par with Dragon's Lair.

It boils down to an evolving RPG, so it actually has some actual gameplay, albeit simple in complexity.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jul 22, 2013, 04:41 DarkCntry

I was seriously upset that Dragon's Lair beat Evoland out a couple community picks ago.

I love Dragon's Lair like most people from the 80's, but honestly, how does this nine-billionth remake of the epitome of linearity beat out a game like Evoland?

It made me a sad panda.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PTR Patch
18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PTR Patch Jun 30, 2013, 19:44 DarkCntry

Julio wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 17:20:
EA has lost close to $800 million in the last four years, and they've won the worst company award back to back. That's how they do business.

$800m in operating costs is far different than $500m in a single project...

As for the 'worst company' award, it was an internet poll which already invalidates itself.

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Beta Weekend
6. Re: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Beta Weekend Jun 30, 2013, 19:42 DarkCntry

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 14:43:
My son and his friends play this on PS3 and PC and it is a great engine. However, the multiplayer has been being worked on for so damn long that it is becoming silly.

So damn long as a fan project, not an official one...you are aware of this, correct?

News Comments > Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers Released
7. Re: Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers Released Jun 27, 2013, 03:08 DarkCntry

mootant wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 02:17:
Hey I think someone here loves DLC so much they are accepting of things such as "day 1 dlc", "deck unlock keys", "dlc packs (for a measly 2 decks, "foil covers" and 1 campaign challenge"
I guess I was COMPLETELY wrong and this isn't a cash grab. Oh and if you reinstall the game it relocks everything unless you paid up, I WAS SO WRONG and you don't sound mad at all.

This is no different than buying singles in a brick and mortar store.

Funny though, I know plenty of Championship Magic players who like DOTP and the yearly iterations...the 'DLC' is exactly what DLC should be, shortcuts to things that are in no way making the game imbalanced and for cosmetic bullshit no one really cares about.

As for 'reinstalling locks the unlocked items', I know from personal experience that doesn't happen, so yea, I'd take anything you say with a massive grain of salt.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins
23. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins Jun 25, 2013, 06:01 DarkCntry

Numinar wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 03:30:
Um, skins are O.K. but Commanders? Special call in units are attached to them, and we all know balance is impossible. Dick move son.

The Commanders really aren't anything special, they are actually combinations of the other commanders, and generally not in anything spectacular of quality.

That said, the DLC is really nothing more than a shortcut to unlock most of the stuff.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jun 24, 2013, 12:45 DarkCntry

My one complaint with The Last of Us is the ending was way too abrupt...but really doesn't leave 'much' in the way of a sequel to follow-up.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light HUD "Fix" Inbound
60. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 22:42 DarkCntry

There are apparently only two types of people on gaming forums, haters/whiners and fanboys(girls)/shills.

Sadly, moderate discussion is relegated to simple metrics of "if positive = shill" and "if negative = whiner".

Personally, having understand the intricacies of game development, I generally sympathize with developers and rather not publicly denounce their 'abilities'...of course, that has labeled me as a fanboy far too many times.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors
8. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:17 DarkCntry

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 18:43:
Scope Glare/Glint

And why wouldn't that be in the game?

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Open to Facebook Affection
4. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Open to Facebook Affection Apr 15, 2013, 12:04 DarkCntry

At least the build download shows Stress Test, so honestly I don't have a problem with this.  

News Comments > Defiance Perks; Patch Plans
3. Re: Defiance Perks; Patch Plans Apr 12, 2013, 22:16 DarkCntry

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 21:34:
$60 is too much for this game, just a run of the mill shooter.
Not exactly a run-of-the-mill shooter, it's a shooter in the same way Planetside is just a shooter. The difference is that Trion is trying a bit too hard to implement MMO aspects (scripted events, vector questing) to give purpose to the game.

Jivaro wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 21:03:
Is anybody doing the full game+tv show experience and if so, how is it?

The show doesn't start til Monday in the States, so we won't know about anything too much considering that the show takes place across the country and that whatever is supposed to happen in the game is supposed to be trickled in both ways.

News Comments > America's Army Beta Signups
15. Re: America's Army Beta Signups Apr 9, 2013, 01:34 DarkCntry

pacbowl wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 01:05:
DarkCntry wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 23:23:
Killswitch wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 23:03:
Can't find anything recent, but it was reported in 2009 the game had cost taxpayers $32.8 million.

Now in a somewhat informed defense here...that money would've been taken whether the game existed or not, as the game itself takes roughy ~7-8% of the entirety of the Army recruitment and advertising budget. It's also highly unlikely that the game used the full amount that report states.

I don't have any sources but I heard this argument back on the old AA forums and someone worked out it cost each taxpayer like a quarter per year to keep this going. I don't really mind that.

Closer to probably a quarter of a cent from all tax payers.

12. Re: America's Army Beta Signups Apr 8, 2013, 23:34 DarkCntry

Prez wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 23:26:
I've always had a sneaking suspicion that America's Army is actually a real-life "Last Starfighter"-esque test disguised as a videogame, and that the board leaders are whisked away under the cover of darkness by government agents in nondescript black sedans.

If only...when I worked on the project it was a pretty messy situation. There was a higher than normal developer turn-over rate, they relied almost solely on volunteers for everything *not* physical code work (and even then they had volunteers doing some code work), and their beta testers were either so jaded or so uninformed that nothing got fixed.

10. Re: America's Army Beta Signups Apr 8, 2013, 23:23 DarkCntry

Killswitch wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 23:03:
Can't find anything recent, but it was reported in 2009 the game had cost taxpayers $32.8 million.

Now in a somewhat informed defense here...that money would've been taken whether the game existed or not, as the game itself takes roughy ~7-8% of the entirety of the Army recruitment and advertising budget. It's also highly unlikely that the game used the full amount that report states.

2. Re: America's Army Beta Signups Apr 8, 2013, 21:00 DarkCntry

MattyC wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 20:54:
This is still going? I had no idea they ever really followed up on the first release.

It progressively got worse with each iteration to the point where they canned pretty much every developer and went in-house. At that point, no one really liked it.

Basically they took a mediocre FPS that's saving grace was it was free and something a little more realistic and plowed it into the ground.

News Comments > Make Something Unreal Live 2013 Results
2. Re: Make Something Unreal Live 2013 Results Apr 8, 2013, 10:08 DarkCntry

shul wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 09:56:
This is very sad. The game is nothing we haven't seen before.

Are you sure you posted this in the right article? Something tells me no.

531 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo