Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 581 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Guard Beta
6. Re: Steam Guard Beta Mar 6, 2011, 04:37 DarkCntry

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 5, 2011, 22:47:
Ugh, Steam accounts tied to specific hardware. This pretty much defeats the main good side to Steam DRM, aka being able to use one steam account on multiple systems.

Who would actually volunteer to use this? They claim it's only account MANAGEMENT at the moment, but it seems like this could very quickly become account access, especially as they also seem to be marketing it to developers/publishers.

What a shame, now I'm just going to have to wait 4-5 years for things to come out gog.com

Actually it's a pretty good security feature as long as it isn't too obtrusive and annoying to update if/when you upgrade hardware (since that's what most of us do usually every 2 years).

As for making it a DRM system to block usage on multiple systems, that doesn't make sense since Valve has been actively pushing for cloud computing...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on C&C Revival Plans
9. Re: More on C&C Revival Plans Feb 25, 2011, 02:43 DarkCntry

Sempai wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 00:01:
Didn't they announce C&C 4 being the last in the series?

See..This is why no one believes these d-bags. They will continue to milk this series into oblivion and it deserves a better death.

Do any suits in this industry know what the words "LIE" or "Full of shit" mean? Does anyone have a fuckin spine anymore?

Did an entire generation of mothers completely fail at raising their boys into men with a shred of integrity?

What a joke.

C&C4 was the last in the Tiberium-universe RTS games, they never said it'd be the last C&C game. Remember, there's Red Alert, Generals, Renegade, and a couple shelved ideas that don't revolve around the GDI-Nod fight.

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
89. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 12, 2011, 20:12 DarkCntry

space captain wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 20:10:
Wolfox wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 20:05:
Yeah, because they have total control over journalists and all of the websites in the whole Internet thingy.

Oh look! They're erasing your comment right now!

they can request stories to be pulled, and if push came to shove they could get their lawyers to throw their dicks around

its pretty clear that you have some sort of vested interest in defending this game and/or crytek so i dont really expect you to be able to converse on this topic

so you can go back to jerking it to those crysis pics now

Not in defense of the guy, but I love the MO of internet debates...if someone disagrees with you it's because they have a vested interest in a topic.

In theory, debaters should have a vested interest, so in regards, I think you don't quite understand the correct terminology...my guess would be that sticking with the Internet Debaters MO, you're after "you're a shill" argument.

81. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 12, 2011, 19:56 DarkCntry

wtf_man wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 19:54:
reisub wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 19:49:
I'm not sure you can judge everything too harshly when it's an alpha build. You may well be correct but still...

Uh... not sure how anyone can claim it's an "alpha build" when it's only a month away from release and came with the "master DRM" keys.

Sounds like it's more like a "post beta" / "release candidate" build, to me.

I dunno, RCs are still pretty buggy in most of my experiences...and hell, most RCs in games that I've dealt with aren't nearly as featured as the final, gold mastered, product.

Not saying that's the case here, but it could very well be a reason.

72. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 12, 2011, 19:31 DarkCntry

necrosis wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 19:18:
Funny. Back when consoles did not have hard drives games had to basically be perfect. Did that slow down games being made? No it didn't. Because if it did by now we would be seeing less games than back in 1995.

What we are seeing more of is games that are seriously broken at launch. FO3, FO:NV, GTA4, Witcher (fantastic game but it did have a rough release), GoW PC, BC2 PC, the list goes on and on. We should not have to worry about if a game will work when it is launched. Just if we will like it or not.

To boot there was more hacky, ground breaking hardware back in the late 90's. Which means even more chances of crap not working than today.

Are you really trying to compare the complexity of making a game now to making a game back in the 90s, and trying to use that as a basis to create an argument that game production and release wouldn't be slower if they kept the same type of mentality they did back then? Really?

Hell, I think 3DRealms would love you...

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Online Open Beta
16. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Open Beta Feb 9, 2011, 19:16 DarkCntry

Luther wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 17:28:
Looks pretty enough for a browser game. Nasty controls. Blue screened my PC after 5 minutes.
If this BSOD you, then that's a PEBKAC thing...

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Online Open Beta
12. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Open Beta Feb 9, 2011, 06:07 DarkCntry

ibm wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 05:35:
At least we can now see what The Old Republic's space combat will be like.

Sure can, except not here in BGO. BGO's controls aren't on rails.

Matter of fact, for a browser game, it's surprisingly well running.

News Comments > OnLive PlayPack Launches
9. Re: OnLive PlayPack Launches Feb 1, 2011, 17:49 DarkCntry

bigspender wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 17:29:
i'd very suprised if the quality of OnLive is comparative to decent gaming pc - which is so cheap these days.

Be very surprised. Sans a couple hiccups related to my own network, when I tried the beta for the PlayPack Program the system worked pretty comparably to being local.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Ok that's messed up... Jan 29, 2011, 19:00 DarkCntry

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 22:30:
11 year old kid with Autism getting screwed over by Microsoft.... just sick.

And ~2 days later it's found to be a true story that he cheated...what's that say about the obvious grab for attention from his mother?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2011, 05:08 DarkCntry

Nighthawk wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 02:08:
It's not like it was going to be publicly released anytime soon.
They would have sat on it and it would have been filed away, there's too much profit on the treatments.
I would like to see the thief "leak" it to a public source, so a cure HAD to be released.

Actually, in regards to the different cancer possibilities, prostate is one of the cheapest and least profitable. The only thing that nets them any real revenue is the fact that prostate is a more common cancer type.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Revenues Triple
6. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Revenues Triple Jan 7, 2011, 16:11 DarkCntry

Dev wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 15:02:
Meanwhile good ole EA has shutdown servers for BfME 1 last month and announced shutdown for BfME 2.
Which is due to them losing the license...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds Jan 5, 2011, 22:17 DarkCntry

Icewind wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 21:13:
SirKnight wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 20:53:
Cool! I have this for my iPod touch, iPad and Android 2.2 phone. It's a very good game. These guys have made a ton of money on this.

Let me guess.

You're 35, have 2 kids and think gaming is "super fun".

This game, like you, is a pimple on the hobby's rear end.

Wow...just, wow...

I figure it's the elitist asswads with a chip on their shoulder being the pimple...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Mass Effect 2 to use ME3 engine Dec 17, 2010, 12:57 DarkCntry

Tumbler wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 12:37:
including improved planet scanning

...don't improve this. Remove it from the game, it's a total waste of time to go digging for "money". Just attach those rewards to stuff you do in the game or put them in those loot boxes on the planets.

If you're going to let us go to other planets you need to build side quests that involve landing on those planets. EVERY ONE OF THEM. I don't care if it's just mindless combat in cookie cutter landscapes...don't you dare bring back that stupid scan/probe bullshit.

Fire the person who came up with that idea. He sucks at life.

You mean for them to re-implement what they had in ME1 that everyone complained about? Sounds like a very good idea! Inquisitive

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delay
21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delay Dec 16, 2010, 15:01 DarkCntry

The Advocate wrote on Dec 16, 2010, 14:52:
If Square Enix goes tits up, where am I going to get my games about world saving 14 year olds with 20 foot tall hair and 30 foot tall swords and their thinly veiled sexual confusion and raging Daddy issues?

Epic and Gears of War?

News Comments > Minecraft Beta Next Week
17. Re: Minecraft Beta Next Week Dec 13, 2010, 22:56 DarkCntry

The irony is that so many people on Blue's complain about 'paying for betas' that when it's a game that is not even out of alpha has a payment people are rejoicing it going to beta

That said, MC is a great sandbox game. And yes, I expect the whole "yea, MC in alpha is better than almost all of those games post-release" replies, so feel free...I just thought it was a funny dynamic to read.

News Comments > LucasArts Layoffs
8. Re: LucasArts Layoffs Nov 18, 2010, 03:25 DarkCntry

Jedi Master wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 22:15:
They already dumped the team for TFU3 I thought.

LA has turned into the worst-managed dev/publisher there is that hasn't folded. They sit on awesome franchise properties but instead shove out sequel junk with no care about anything but speed.

SW Battlefront was good, SW:BF2 was released just 1 year later.
KOTOR was good, KOTOR 2 was shoved out just a year later, forcing tons of content cut and bugs galore, but dammit it HAD to go out only 12 months later!!!
TFU1 showed some promise amongst its many weaknesses, then they release TFU2 a full 2 yrs later but at less than half the size!

Meanwhile, where is the X Wing series? The Jedi Knight series? Empire at War? Indiana Jones (NOT Wii/Lego)? Battlefront (NOT PSP)? KOTOR (NOT MMO)??
Oh that's right, they're letting them rot while they try to find some nebulous "new franchise" to start and then cut off at the knees before they get it right...

The irony is you complain about them sitting on IP when you really are complaining about them not releasing IP in whatever format you want.

News Comments > Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Released, Shift 2 Announced
7. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Released, Shift 2 Announced Nov 17, 2010, 05:07 DarkCntry

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 01:28:
HEY GUYS LOOK! We released another shit game! Here's the next utter turd we're working on.

By shit game, you mean one of the highest rated NFS titles on Metacritic everywhere, right?

News Comments > Back to the Future: The Game Details
4. Re: Back to the Future: The Game Details Oct 25, 2010, 21:51 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 21:43:
Of course it'll suck. Some crappy console game to be sure.

You referring to those 'craptastic' Monkey Island remakes and Sam & Max, right? Rolleyes

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Tools
15. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 00:15 DarkCntry

You can run for the Strip right from the start with little to fear...however, getting into the Strip and dealing with being so woefully underpowered whenever you decide to try make it a rather uninteresting.

There is a bit of Deathclaw issue right past where you start, but you can actually go around that pretty easily.

I checked to see how long it'd take, it was ~20min of more careful movement to reach Freesboro...

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas Midnight Madness
11. Re: Fallout New Vegas Midnight Madness Oct 16, 2010, 04:33 DarkCntry

Charlie_Six wrote on Oct 16, 2010, 03:28:
how can you guys be excited for this game when Obsidian Entertainment is behind it?? Obsidian has been on a fail streak for the past 10 years.

I dunno, the fact that the bulk of the main development team was behind the original Fallouts could make most of us rather excited...but that's just a guess.

581 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo