Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 539 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > No More Burnout Paradise DLC
4. Re: No More Burnout Paradise DLC Jan 20, 2010, 18:27 DarkCntry

Wow, what a DICK response. Also, nobody has done more than Valve. Fuck you for thinking you're special, Criterion.

Wait, what DLC (or just added content) has Valve done for a single game that outnumbers that of the DLC in Burnout Paradise?

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2010, 18:27.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Trek Online Beta Details, Interviews
4. Re: Star Trek Online Beta Details, Interviews Jan 11, 2010, 23:39 DarkCntry

Actually, been in invite-only beta for several months. Closed beta just ended today, open beta starts tomorrow, headstart after that starting on the 29th, then a couple days after that, retail.  

News Comments > Age of Conan Character Deletions
5. Re: Age of Conan Character Deletions Jan 11, 2010, 16:52 DarkCntry

As does Turbine's stable of games...my old AC character still exists despite it being 8 years since I last actively played it.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Exploration Trailer
2. Re: Star Trek Online Exploration Trailer Jan 5, 2010, 21:52 DarkCntry

Fail.

So poignant...really makes it stand out just how BN people love to stir shit up.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailers
9. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailers Dec 24, 2009, 17:40 DarkCntry

Nothing revealed? Well I guess you could consider the fact that, if speculation is correct, a Reaver landing on a planet isn't special.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Dirty Dozen Trailer
7. Re: Mass Effect 2 Dirty Dozen Trailer Dec 16, 2009, 04:38 DarkCntry

Notice, it says "FULL trailer coming" at the end... Maybe they will reveal more at that point...?

Considering that I know at least one female that was missing from that reveal, then it's almost obvious that the one released next week should have the remainder. I believe there's a total of 5 extras, but I'm not entirely sure.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Big Names in Games Dec 8, 2009, 12:59 DarkCntry

Douchebag is douchebag...

So, douchebag, who were the big names in games in that announcement. Skateboarders and celebrities don't count.

Wow, I didn't know that skateboarders and celebrities cannot be in games as well...goes to show what I know...

Beyond the retardation that is the 'douchebag' above, the fact that 90% of the attendees this year are at least connected directly to a game franchise or the industry in general is a step up to previous years.

Does this mean it's big news, not really...but to say that there are no big names just shows how much you want to hate for hating's sake.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Big Names in Games Dec 8, 2009, 03:09 DarkCntry

I didn't recognize a single big name in games in that entire announcement.

Fail troll is fail...

News Comments > First MW2 Patch "A Big One"
1. Re: First MW2 Patch Dec 2, 2009, 13:54 DarkCntry

Is this the patch that removes the lame ass exploits like Suicide-Javelineers and infinite airdrops?  

News Comments > Gearbox Attending Borderlands Midnight Madness
4. Re: Game Reviews Oct 16, 2009, 03:35 DarkCntry

Overhead my friend, overhead

If I were starting one without this worry, some perfect little island like Bora Bora would be my first choice Of course, the drawback would be some serious shipping costs lol

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue
41. Re: Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue Oct 15, 2009, 04:22 DarkCntry

Ok so it was a mock up of an imaginary game and absoltuley nothing to do with the mmo. That's my problem - I was hoping that was a sneak peek into the beta which would make stargate worlds look a lot more promising than it currently it. As a mock up supposedly based on it but even called something different I'm afraid my interest level is still hovering around the level of Flyff 2's previews..

Well, it *is* what Stargate Worlds is to a degree. The only difference was that it was compiled as a complete looking build and slapped with another name. The reason they just didn't outright call it Stargate Worlds is simply because, well, a Stargate game in the Stargate-enabled universe would be rather odd to say the least. After-all, even the mock spin-off show Morty did wasn't called Stargate.

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue
32. Re: Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue Oct 14, 2009, 19:09 DarkCntry

Big question though - the fat nerd guy we're meant to relate to? The game he was playing in the start of episode one - was that the stargate MMO? If it wasn't why the hell not!

That was Prometheus which is a mock-up portion of Stargate Worlds so they could display it in the premiere.

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live
40. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 10, 2009, 13:27 DarkCntry

The comments about AC2 needs to be addressed here..

Turbine tried to make due with what Microsoft left them, which was in the way almost nothing. For how long Turbine kept AC2 running should be a damn good sign that they aren't exactly as 'evil' as most put them out to be.

Hell, everyone that I know whom I played AC/AC2/LOTRO/DDO with have all agreed that Turbine's the furthest from their minds when it comes to the demise of AC2.

As for the DDO issues, well it's common sense to gather that anything that is given away free will have a huge turnout, even if it 'sucks', therefor you should expect that tech will be stressed to the point of breaking. Case-in-point, America's Army and Battlefield Heroes.

News Comments > PAX H1N1 Warning
26. Re: PAX H1N1 Warning.....YAWN Sep 8, 2009, 20:33 DarkCntry

Okay, I have a request since no one wants to actually respond with facts. Just to add credibility to your stance on this issue please state whether or not you have had your injection. Thank You. If you have not, I will flag your post as a troll and not respond to it. If you have, I will at least respect your post.

Ok, so the choice is that we respond that we've had the vaccine and then you complain about how we're 'fueling the hype machine' and/or 'bending over for the pharm corps', or we say otherwise and be called a 'hypocrite'. Have I summed that up pretty well?

The point of the matter is that people whom are susceptible to the virus, or ANY virus, should take things like this seriously. H1N1 is, effectively, just a variant of our currently moniker flu only that it has a higher risk of infection and a higher risk of mutation and complications.

This is not some pharmaceutical bullshit, this is standard medical knowledge. I have had my flu shot, which came with an H1N1 booster, do I believe the media hype surrounding H1N1? No, I don't. Do I believe that there's a risk that bad shit could come of it? Hell yes.

News Comments > Champions Online Changes
2. Re: Champions Online Changes Sep 2, 2009, 12:00 DarkCntry

Don't underestimate people...day 1 content updates aren't unheard of in MMOs, especially ones that have had long periods of beta testing.  

News Comments > Turbine Turns Up Funding
10. Re: Turbine Turns Up Funding Aug 12, 2009, 00:53 DarkCntry

And like all turbine games after ac1, it was a financial failure, its down to what 50k subs if that?

If by failure you mean that it's not ahead of WoW, then yes...which all MMOs will be. If you mean failure in that it's not a wide success, then no...it's a wildly successful MMO.

News Comments > Turbine Turns Up Funding
7. Re: Turbine Turns Up Funding Aug 11, 2009, 23:09 DarkCntry

and yet what does it have to show for it other than a MMORPG that's soon to be subscription free.

LOTRO ramping up for another expansion. Their further seeking console development. Ramping up things for DDO. Continual support for AC..

Nope, nothing to show for it at all...

News Comments > Not X-Wing LucasArts Retro Announcement Monday
6. Re: Not X-Wing LucasArts Retro Announcement Monday Aug 7, 2009, 19:04 DarkCntry

WHY NOT JUST DO XWING YOU DOLTS!

A part of me wants them to do it, but a much larger part of me doesn't simply because I'm sure it'll piss someone off and we'll have more internet firestorms about how LucasArts only knows how to ruin franchises...after-all, there's absolutely no way that they could even reach the level of quality that our nostalgia has made for the X-Wing/TIE series.

News Comments > Huxley Beta Opens
19. Re: Huxley Beta Opens FRUSTRATING Aug 5, 2009, 13:25 DarkCntry

Except this is not a true closed beta. Anyone can go to FilePlanet, register a free account, and get a beta key.

Which is why I also added the part about "depending on the development cycle"....

The point is is that this isn't a really new thing. Sure it's not as common but it's not unheard of.

News Comments > Huxley Beta Opens
17. Re: Huxley Beta Opens FRUSTRATING Aug 5, 2009, 08:23 DarkCntry

2pm - 9pm beta testing? Are they serious? No serious MMO beta test would be conducted like this...

There have been many closed betas that are conducted like this, for example, Champ Online used to be twice a week from 10am-Midnight Pacific before a couple weeks ago. It's been doing open weekends, but it's still locked down all other times.

It all depends on the development cycle of the game and how it pertains to pushing the patches in a meaningful manner.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2009, 08:24.

539 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo