Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 536 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow
36. Re: StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow Jul 19, 2010, 11:16 DarkCntry

Ray Marden wrote on Jul 19, 2010, 07:15:
Gee, I am glad that Blizzard sent me a beta key Friday night.

I thought it was a bit silly then to only have about eleven days of play, but silly me for thinking it would even last that long.
Does this series still have its fans outside of Korea?
Guessing I'll just call it a lazy demo code,
Ray

At least you got yours over the weekend, I got mine at exactly 5pm pacific on Sunday...

Figure that the download servers were being slow, it took 2 hours to get the install, took 45min to install, then about an hour again to patch (go, go slow patch servers!), it wasn't until about 1am before I could effectively get the game started up

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Test Drive Unlimited 2 Beta Signups
5. Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Beta Signups Jun 2, 2010, 02:21 DarkCntry

It's either a bit of funny irony or just plain weird but no more than 5 minutes after I "apply" for TDU2's beta that I get an invite for NFS World's 'beta'...

It's almost as if the tubes got crossed when sending the email...lol

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: RDR glitches May 24, 2010, 01:57 DarkCntry

I have still yet to be able to play an online game for the 360...haven't experienced any of the other glitches though.

Makes me wonder if I am lucky or unlucky considering...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 14, 2010, 15:16 DarkCntry

KS wrote on Apr 14, 2010, 12:14:
Translation: Another big company took a squat all over a big property creating an MMO, rather than hand it to people who had creative drive for such a thing. See also: The Matrix Online, LotR Online, Conan Online, Warhammer Online, D&D Online, Star Wars Galaxies (Online)...

Two of those games listed above are for Turbine, you know, the company that has only 4 total games to their name (one closed down due to Microsoft-related issues, another over 10 years old)...yet somehow this private company is a "big company" in the same audience as SoE, EA/Mythic, and Funcom...

I just don't see the connection here...

News Comments > BioWare Bazaar
12. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 30, 2010, 16:36 DarkCntry

InBlack wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 05:14:
Ok I can understand why they would exclude "the rest of the world" I mean it only accounts for about 60% of their sales, but why in the world would they exclude New York AND Florida? They dislike Liberals as well as Far Right Conservatives???? How is that possible?? Inquisitive

Oh and Canada should definitely not be included, screw Canada. Canada should be annexed to the U.S. immediately...hang on...I seem to remember that Bioware used to be from Canada...

Contest requirements must meed specific state regulation standards, Florida and NY have some of the most strict when it comes to them. Various locales in Canada (Quebec for example) area even more insane when it comes to requirements.

While it sucks, hell I lived in Florida for most of my life and was excluded from all kinds of nifty nationwide contests, it's something that neither BioWare, nor EA, have a control over.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 DLC Dates
9. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC Dates Mar 20, 2010, 12:56 DarkCntry

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 20, 2010, 12:33:
Well i am not complaining that they are doing it, i am just wondering why they are doing it. If they had put all that effort in a first expansion we'd already be halfway there. ;)

Expansion for a sequel that has a third coming?

I'd rather they would add an arena, battleground, betting or duel system so that we could fight against random enemies with our squad with scores....

Because that went over so well with ME's Pinnacle Station DLC... Inquisitive

News Comments > No PC DeathSpank?
11. Re: No PC DeathSpank? Mar 4, 2010, 17:16 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2010, 15:31:
Yeah, it's like GOD Games. It's going to revolutionize the industry, do away with publishers, be the greatest thing since Pong, etc etc etc. It's still got EA behind it, so that means that it'll get fucked with at some point, and it's not going to work.

In any case, that's really beside the point. I <3 Ron Gilbert, and I want this game on PC.

Creston

I still don't see how, as EA Partners is only a publishing/distribution arm that is comprised mainly of non-EA owned development studios using the EA pool of money to distribute and promote. So in theory, yea they could get screwed over due to crappy distribution and marketing avenues, but considering that, again, the arm is not EA-strict employees, it really wouldn't be much in terms of EA's foul-up.

Besides, EA is the lesser of the evils out there right now, and one that actually hasn't done much in the way of pissing people off lately.

News Comments > No PC DeathSpank?
7. Re: No PC DeathSpank? Mar 4, 2010, 15:15 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2010, 14:45:
Not releasing this on the PC, which is likely the only platform it will actually do well on, would be the height of retarded skullfuckery.

Then again, it IS EA, so that's about what we expect from them.

I love Ron Gilbert's games. I hope it comes to the PC. It sounds funny as hell.

Creston

Well, seeing as EA Partners isn't what I'd call 'normal EA', then I really don't see how the comparison fits, as EA Partners is really comprised of maybe 4 true EA personnel and the rest are third party studio heads and the EA Partner is nothing more than a publishing and/or distribution arm of this 'group'.

That said, I do still expect a PC version of this to come out in a more direct method from Hothead.

News Comments > Over a Million New DDO Unlimited Players
21. Re: Over a Million New DDO Unlimited Players Feb 26, 2010, 23:04 DarkCntry

Acleacius wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 19:50:
DarkCntry
You know, kinda like tabletop D&D right? Yea, that's not gonna last, right?
What does D&D success have to do with subscription verses subscription free while nickle and diming? Plotting

Entry into D&D almost always required the core rule book and a monster manual. Beyond that it's just gravy...but to get fullest amount of enjoyment you need to pony up to buy those other manuals.

They weren't required by any stretch but you almost always invariably purchased at least one as your D&D 'life' progressed.

Much in the same way you get the base DDO for free, but the additional modules are premium. It's the same type of 'nickle and diming' in a different medium.

News Comments > Over a Million New DDO Unlimited Players
5. Re: Over a Million New DDO Unlimited Players Feb 26, 2010, 18:15 DarkCntry

Acleacius wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 17:47:
I avoided it for the nickel and dime method, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Iirc the game is only $20 US but each module is $5 US, with more than 50 modules, so it's hard to see how this can last but who knows.

You know, kinda like tabletop D&D right? Yea, that's not gonna last, right? Plotting

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix
28. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix Feb 7, 2010, 15:50 DarkCntry

MattyB wrote on Feb 7, 2010, 07:01:
Will never happen - she won't have a significant part in ME3, its just not possible due to the ending of ME2. She'll have a bit-part in ME3, just like Ashley and Kaiden do in ME2.

I mean, think of the potential "carry over" romances in ME3? On the male side you've got Ashley, Tali, Miranda, Kelly, Zack and Liara. Then you've got the same amount on the female side.

Thats TWELVE different romance follow-ups they have to put into ME3.

While I loved the idea of the ME2 ending - having some some actual tension about who will survive added an extra edge - but I'm dissapointed that we won't see characters like Garrus or Tali in the ME3 squad when they've been such familar faces since the start.

Maybe I missed something, but what about the ending (nevermind the fact that there are so many different ones) that precludes Tali, or Garrus, for being in ME3? Other than taking the route that gets them killed? Seeing as you can go to each extreme with everything in between, there's nothing stopping any of the characters being in ME3 and part of your squad or Paramour options.

News Comments > PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix
22. Re: PC Mass Effect 2 Dual Core Fix Feb 6, 2010, 21:19 DarkCntry

http://www.freewebs.com/eletania/media/Concept11.jpg

T'is concept art, but it somewhat matches the outlined final version. I doubt it'd be that human-like in the manner shown, but it's probably close to it.

News Comments > On Importing ME2 Saves Into ME3
3. Re: On Importing ME2 Saves Into ME3 Feb 5, 2010, 23:45 DarkCntry

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2010, 22:59:
Or short, if someone actually managed to die (not on purpose for the "lets see what happens" effect) in ME2 then that would be.. very, very ..weird. So weird in fact, that he probably doesn't care about ME3 anyway

Or want to see all possible what-if's that can be obtained. Take me for example, you know that site that deals with ME1 saves of all types, well I did that for myself simply because I wanted to see what would happen, and I'm doing the same for ME2.

It's a bit sad that they don't have a contingency for something that they developed into ME2 to be carried over to ME3, but I guess it's not the end of the world, just one less what-if's to be looking forward to.

It's actually one of those things that makes the story better when I have such a direct control on branching paths.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2010, 23:46.

News Comments > Free Mass Effect 2 Content Inbound
3. Re: Free Mass Effect 2 Content Inbound Feb 4, 2010, 01:23 DarkCntry

3 items for Mass Effect 2...2 visors and the recon hood.

The Recon Hood and Umbra Visor are 7-11 exclusive Dr Pepper, the Sentry Interface is generic Dr Pepper.

However there's a few sites out there that will allow you to get the codes without a purchase, you just have to jump through hoops and create new accounts for each code.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 a "Blockbuster"
29. Re: Mass Effect 2 a Jan 30, 2010, 02:37 DarkCntry

My experience with the scanning is that I find this a lot more engaging than just randomly looking for a planet to land on.

Hell, I actually found myself doing random scanning for Ezeo just for shits and giggles. The moment I learned exactly what the best suited planet was to find it, I was doing that and ended up with over 200k Ezeo in less than an hour.

Advice: Post-garden planets that once had civilizations are prime sources for it, furthering that, you will only rarely find it on planets that are uninhabitable.

I also feel it was a decent enough of a mix of RPG elements (ability to deal with consequences of choice, make adjustments to abilities, and maximize my team cohesion) and action elements.

News Comments > AvP Videos
9. Re: AvP Videos Jan 29, 2010, 03:08 DarkCntry

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 02:03:
Poor voice acting can destroy a game.

I present exhibit 1 and 2 your honor, Operation Flashpoint, and ARMA II.

You mean the horrible bugs and debilitating errors didn't have anything to do with that?

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Adds Content, Woos Former Players
4. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Adds Content, Woos Former Players Jan 27, 2010, 12:12 DarkCntry

Angry wrote on Jan 27, 2010, 10:21:
One day before STO launches.

Not a good move Sony. Fire your marketing guy ASAP

Actually, wouldn't this be a 'good' idea in terms of marketing, to garner back clients from potentially moving to another product?

Not saying that it would happen, especially with most old timers for SWG, but it doesn't really strike me as a bad move, per se.

News Comments > No More Burnout Paradise DLC
4. Re: No More Burnout Paradise DLC Jan 20, 2010, 18:27 DarkCntry

Wow, what a DICK response. Also, nobody has done more than Valve. Fuck you for thinking you're special, Criterion.

Wait, what DLC (or just added content) has Valve done for a single game that outnumbers that of the DLC in Burnout Paradise?

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2010, 18:27.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Beta Details, Interviews
4. Re: Star Trek Online Beta Details, Interviews Jan 11, 2010, 23:39 DarkCntry

Actually, been in invite-only beta for several months. Closed beta just ended today, open beta starts tomorrow, headstart after that starting on the 29th, then a couple days after that, retail.  

News Comments > Age of Conan Character Deletions
5. Re: Age of Conan Character Deletions Jan 11, 2010, 16:52 DarkCntry

As does Turbine's stable of games...my old AC character still exists despite it being 8 years since I last actively played it.  

536 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo