Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 506 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Trailers
7. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Trailers Apr 8, 2011, 13:04 DarkCntry

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 12:44:
DarkCntry wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 12:23:
KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 11:31:
Oh hells yea, there is even a furry

Something tells me that someone doesn't know what a furry is....

guess not, cause there is one at 30 second mark, wearing cat ears:)

A girl wearing cat ears != furry.............

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Trailers
5. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Trailers Apr 8, 2011, 12:23 DarkCntry

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 11:31:
Oh hells yea, there is even a furry

Something tells me that someone doesn't know what a furry is....

News Comments > Hats Off to TF2
2. Re: Hats Off to TF2 Apr 8, 2011, 11:54 DarkCntry

Zanthar wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 11:50:
Shove your hats up your ass, valve. Where the fuck is the next episode of HL2?

Cause the TF2 team is the same as the HL team....amirite? Wall

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Add-on Revealed
10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Add-on Revealed Apr 5, 2011, 19:26 DarkCntry

Beamer wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 18:12:
What happens when a budget goes up? Quality goes up.

If that were true, Activision would be shitting gold into everyone's hands...sadly, they aren't.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings: War in the North Trailer
4. Re: The Lord of the Rings: War in the North Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 19:20 DarkCntry

theAntiELVIS wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 18:56:
So apparently it's peaceful in the South, West, and East trailers. Funny, I don't remember there being an RV park in Middle Earth.

The Tolkien kids are sucking it for all it's worth. The Old Man never would have allowed this kind of pastiche stuff.

-tAE-

---------------------------------
"Consider this pot STIRRED!"

Both sadly, and happily, the Tolkien Estate has nothing to do with the licensing of the Lord of the Rings and/or The Hobbit. If they did, there'd be nothing other than the books to compliment each other.

News Comments > Free Angry Birds
11. Re: Free Angry Birds Mar 26, 2011, 04:22 DarkCntry

Beamer wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 06:18:
But alas, people are always going to find something to bitch about, even if it's free.

I'll give you a free cookie if you accept my kick to your balls*

* cookie may or may not be included.

Guess you can't bitch about the pain without being a hypocrite, huh?

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 09:10:
Ah, yes, the old "I didn't experience any problems so all reports of problems are invalid."

It must be hard, being the center of the Universe.

Dozey

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Willis wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 10:31:
The purpose of the platform isn't to deliver free games, it's to be a marketplace, and I was critiquing the marketplace. While the snafu with the free game promotion was annoying, it was far from the biggest problem I experienced.

The comment about the bitching was aimed mostly at mag's DRM-bitchfest.

And I never said that because I didn't have any issues that no one else could, I just posted to actually say I didn't have any issues. No underlying message, no hidden meaning, just a statement of my experience.

A few of you really do overreact rather easily...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 25, 2011, 01:07 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 22:28:
I can't wait for BB to close shop. I stopped by one today, just to kill some time before an appointment. They're prices on blu rays were on average $10 higher than amazon.

And Lego Star Wars 3? That amazon and EB both list online at $49.99? $59.99 for the 360 version at BB!

As I was walking out, one of the dorks yells "Help ya find something bro?!" and I was so close to saying "Yeah! Amazon prices!"

Well, you cannot really blame Best Buy here for selling at MSRP...that's a whole other fish to fry.

News Comments > Free Angry Birds
6. Re: Free Angry Birds Mar 23, 2011, 05:01 DarkCntry

I didn't have any issues.

But alas, people are always going to find something to bitch about, even if it's free.

News Comments > Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up
31. Re: Dragon Age II SecuROM Follow-up Mar 20, 2011, 21:48 DarkCntry

Jerykk wrote on Mar 20, 2011, 20:22:
Finally, DA2 was cracked before it was even released so it didn't really stop any piracy to begin with.

Going to comment on this...

That's false...they had no crack prior to the actual date of release due to the time lock feature. They had workarounds to install, but none to actually play the game.

Now, the day it was unlocked, yes, there were cracks coming out of every corner you can shake a stick at. Of course, for a game using little to no protection, it makes plenty of sense.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
24. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 19:52 DarkCntry

One thing a lot of people forget about snipers, real snipers, is that they are an arm for psychological warfare as well as general.

With their ability (trained marksmen anyways) to attempt to never reveal their location they can really demoralize opposing forces. You never really even have to actually hit anyone for them to be a successful mission, get them to the point that they are shook up enough that they blindly fire wasting what ammunition they have, take more chances in running around making them a better target, or even to the point to make them paranoid enough to actually shoot each other if they get separated.

News Comments > EA Forum Ban Prevents Game Access?
93. Re: EA Forum Ban Prevents Game Access? Mar 12, 2011, 03:06 DarkCntry

Prez wrote on Mar 12, 2011, 01:53:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 12, 2011, 00:56:
Tanto Edge wrote on Mar 12, 2011, 00:10:
Wow. Way to alienate your audience even further EA. That's the stuff. When the cow stops giving milk, put it in a choke hold, because damnit, there must be some in there somewhere.

Welcome to the party, you're a few hours late, so everyone else discussed this already and went home.

No need to be obnoxious about it. Some people actually don't sit around their computers all day reading and commenting on every story of note as it unfolds. Doesn't mean they can't have an opinion.

I figured it'd be fine considering the fact that Blue posted an updated version of this very discussion working out the issues...but no, someone had to come in and crow off about EA being bastards without actually taking into account that we're past all of that now.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Announced
45. Re: Tribes: Ascend Announced Mar 12, 2011, 03:03 DarkCntry

Jerykk wrote on Mar 12, 2011, 00:49:
That gets the basics of the gameplay mechanics from Tribes controllable.

Except then you still have the issue of inventory management, command screen usage, voice commands, etc, not to mention the inability to perform more advanced tactics like disc-jumping, mine-discing, grenade-jumping, body-blocking and midair flag-passing. Finally, Tribes requires that you lead your aim more than any other shooter ever. Analog sticks are not conducive to this. They tried porting T2 to the PS2 and ended up putting in so much aim assist that your reticule basically locked on to enemies.

The aim assist is really the only downside that I can foresee. There's enough buttons to cover all actions required. For inventory management, again using the Back/Select buttons could handle that. Seeing as online play is probably going to be the bread and butter, Command actions could link to Start. Voice commands, outside of actually using voice, could be linked to the analog stick pressing bringing up a radial.

As for the actual gameplay itself, all it'd take would be time to get used to it and you could probably get back into doing all the old "ski flying" and flag-throwing touchdowns that I remember doing in the old games. Much in the same way when FPS's first made it to 3D-space on consoles everyone and their brother decried that they wouldn't get used to it to where they could pull of similar (if not equal) types of maneuvers as their old PC counterparts.

I will admit that Tribes did bring the whole learning to aim part, and that is really the one thing most console-strict players will not be use to using.

Tribes cannot work on a console and if Ascend is indeed being designed as a multiplatform game, it will fail to replicate what made Tribes so great. The other issue is that different people have very different memories of what made Tribes great. People who played T1 hated T2 and T:V. People who didn't play T1 loved T2 and hated T:V. People who didn't play T1 or T2 loved T:V. Every sequel fractured the player base and it's not possible to make a game that appeases all three different player bases because their values conflict with one another.

I'm one of the few that liked each games on their added merits, standalone. They each brought something new, albeit they all had their downsides.

I generally try to take a game, sequel or not, on it's own merits without comparing it to one before it, especially if that game is only a sequel in name and there's no story to continue from other than some overarching premise.

Tribes 1 was what I loved but it seems that Ascend is being touted as a successor to T2, so that doesn't bode well for me.

Depending on what they take from T2 I don't see why a lot of original Tribes players will dislike it. But that's a personal choice and one someone is allowed to have, even if it doesn't make sense to me personally.

News Comments > EA Forum Ban Prevents Game Access?
91. Re: EA Forum Ban Prevents Game Access? Mar 12, 2011, 00:56 DarkCntry

Tanto Edge wrote on Mar 12, 2011, 00:10:
Wow. Way to alienate your audience even further EA. That's the stuff. When the cow stops giving milk, put it in a choke hold, because damnit, there must be some in there somewhere.

Welcome to the party, you're a few hours late, so everyone else discussed this already and went home.

News Comments > BioWare Forum User's Game Ban Lifted
29. Re: BioWare Forum User's Game Ban Lifted Mar 11, 2011, 23:26 DarkCntry

Kastagir wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 23:16:
It's nice when a foul-mouthed kid can get the weight of the internet behind him. Otherwise he/she would have likely been unable to play the game for quite a while.

A whole 72 hours.

24. Re: BioWare Forum User's Game Ban Lifted Mar 11, 2011, 20:46 DarkCntry

Lorcin wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 20:44:
Personally I haven't seen anything like that on the Bioware social site. They have plenty of anti-EA rants and raves left open and the ones I have personally seen locked/deleted were the result of some seriously disturbing posts. Most of which get into a lot of really nasty topics that have little to nothing to do with EA or Bioware as a company.

Yeah cause the original quote of "Have you sold your souls to the EA devil?" is seriously disturbing.

That was the thread title, that wasn't the thread content. And based upon what I remember, the content of that thread wasn't just asking a basic question like that.

22. Re: BioWare Forum User's Game Ban Lifted Mar 11, 2011, 20:35 DarkCntry

Lorcin wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 20:28:
Fair enough the original comment was hardly constructive - but at the same time if 99% of forum posters are unhappy bioware have signed to EA then they deserve a voice. I totally agree that most internet posts are superfluous but at what point now will Bioware be told 90% of their fanbase hate their choice to go to EA. Never! because 99% of their fanbase won't dare to post stuff like that in case they get banned.

Personally I haven't seen anything like that on the Bioware social site. They have plenty of anti-EA rants and raves left open and the ones I have personally seen locked/deleted were the result of some seriously disturbing posts. Most of which get into a lot of really nasty topics that have little to nothing to do with EA or Bioware as a company.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Announced
33. Re: Tribes: Ascend Announced Mar 11, 2011, 20:32 DarkCntry

Overon wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 20:23:
None of the complexity and gameplay mechanics found in tribes 1 and tribes 2 can possibly be recreated on a console. The controller is the major limitation. The other major limitation is the inevitable console styled first person shooter expectation:
It's all about small maps which put people in tight quarters to force the action.

These are the antithesis of a tribes 1 and tribes 2.

Prove me wrong Hi-Rez.

I don't know, you can get the basic controls down fairly simple...

You just need to have it mapped for skiing, jumping, weapon change, shooting, aiming, and running. Kit picking can be assigned via the Back/Select button.

Jumping and Skiing can be mapped to the same, with skiing being the held toggle. And most of the rest is standard console FPS mapping.

That gets the basics of the gameplay mechanics from Tribes controllable. Environments are something that has been progressively getting better/bigger in size, so seeing the open-air maps we've seen in Tribes is probably not a difficult thing overall.

As for how people perceive the FPS genre, I'm hoping that if this game does stick to the Tribes mantra, then it'll change the perception...we shall see.

19. Re: BioWare Forum User's Game Ban Lifted Mar 11, 2011, 20:23 DarkCntry

mt2e wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 20:20:
replace "error" and "glitch" with "idiot (who got fired)" and I'd be happy.

Right...you wish that on everyone who makes (possible) mistakes? Or just game companies you feel aren't staffed by people with the same basic needs as human beings?

17. Re: BioWare Forum User's Game Ban Lifted Mar 11, 2011, 20:19 DarkCntry

Lorcin wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 20:15:
I'm not even sure his original post was misconduct anyway. In anywhere except a tyrannical dictatorship his comment was just a personal opinion!

If game developers/publishers want a community based on their games they should be happy to accepts certain elements of the community will not be happy - not try to censor them for having an opinion.

Feedback is essential in every job - the fact the forum nazi's can block any kind of feedback is REALLY stupid.

If my experience is anything to go by, 9 times out of 10 feedback is rarely ever given constructively in large quantities. Almost all of the time it's feedback lining over very thinly veiled deriding of whatever the product/service/object they are talking about.

I would wager a guess that the feedback that was given was along the lines of "this game sux, it was better before ea, you are all sellout fags!!!"

News Comments > SecuROM in Dragon Age II?
37. Re: SecuROM in Dragon Age II? Mar 11, 2011, 20:15 DarkCntry

Blue wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 20:13:
Derek came here willing to discuss this with you guys.

Maybe we can maintain a somewhat civil tone with one of the last developers you guys haven't chased out of these forums?

Now Blue, you know better than to expect civility on the Interwebs...or logic for that matter.

506 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo