Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 541 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Ads in Titan?
27. Re: Ads in Titan? Jan 24, 2012, 04:45 DarkCntry

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 03:28:
I seriously think Titan is going to be to World of Warcraft what Warhammer 40K was to Warhammer. In other words, the future version of WoW. Tauren and Orcs and Gnomes and Elves with space guns and powered armor and what have you.

I mean, think about it. They stole the whole design from Warhammer in the first place. Why not go ahead and rip off the future version as well? Also, Titan? The Titans were their lore version of the gods in WoW. Makes sense to me.

They already did that...Starcraft. I wouldn't be surprised if ActiBlizz decided to MMOize it either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching
20. Re: SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching Jan 8, 2012, 15:14 DarkCntry

Alamar wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 12:59:
nin wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 22:33:
mlw wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 17:08:
I have been playing since early start and have many days of played time. I have not noticed any 'responsiveness' problem at all.

I've only noticed it when I cast Crushing Darkness immediately followed by Force Lighting. It's like there's an extra second or so of animation for CD after the cast, which in turn appears to clip the damaged of FL, since it's channeled.

Hope it's fixed soon...

In my case, force lightning often starts one handed, and goes to two (as a Sorc). The damage shows up right away though...

Either way, I see the claims that the damage is delayed, but can you really tell? Sometimes, the scrolling text is slow, but that doesn't mean the damage went out at the same time.

-Alamar

The only time I've had damage 'lost' is if I have the traited lighting that allows it to double-tick at half the channel speed.

News Comments > SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching
14. Re: SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching Jan 7, 2012, 23:05 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 22:33:
mlw wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 17:08:
I have been playing since early start and have many days of played time. I have not noticed any 'responsiveness' problem at all.

I've only noticed it when I cast Crushing Darkness immediately followed by Force Lighting. It's like there's an extra second or so of animation for CD after the cast, which in turn appears to clip the damaged of FL, since it's channeled.

Hope it's fixed soon...

Another way to see it in action is to alternate between FL and Lightning Bolt...you'll see the channel and cast bars actually 'overlap'.

News Comments > New MS Online RTS Plans?
4. Re: New MS Online RTS Plans? Jan 6, 2012, 17:31 DarkCntry

Optional nickname wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 16:50:
I'd love a robot boxing game for Kinect ala 'Real Steel' movie.

Although, my Real Time Strategy for "Are you a passionate gamer with a deep understanding of social media and online communities?" is to avoid such things at all costs.

That's actually very common for Community Management roles, as they are foremost the link between whatever community it is and the development team. Of course, they generally are also the mouths of the development team, be it via twitter, facebook, google+, or their own website and forums.

News Comments > Consolidation
7. Re: Consolidation Dec 30, 2011, 17:26 DarkCntry

Warskull wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 16:47:
DarkCntry wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 11:59:
Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 10:59:
Is this also a question of poor passwords or actual hacking? If your xbox live account password is 123456 then you're to blame. The password system is there for your protection and is up to you as an individual to maintain a level of security for yourself.

Considering mine was a 16-digit randomized alphanumeric with case-sensitivity password, then I doubt it was due to a poor password. Of course, I am not even sure Live supports case-sensitivity.

As per that article it took me actually contacting the BBB for them to even give me information regarding the status of my migrated account, which over 38 days since I originally involved MS and well past the 25 day statement, had not even been started on the investigation.

Now I've been in contact with them for a couple weeks now with constant updates.

Was there any chance what-so-ever you fell victim to phishing? Microsoft/EA's go to excuse is that the people are victims of phishing. However, a lot of people are saying it is not due to phishing, but some sort of major security flaw with EA's account system.

Both Microsoft and EA deserve the blame for how poorly they have been handling this.

Highly improbable that it was phishing, at least not on my end. With the lack of emails to get scammed by, and the inherent hatred of 'giving out my information', that leaves little in the way for it to be my fault.

5. Re: Consolidation Dec 30, 2011, 12:17 DarkCntry

Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 12:13:
Oh wow straight from the source, thanks for the follow up!
It's pretty interesting to me that some accounts are literally being hacked just for the sale of virtual items.

I should note that I'm not the guy they talk to in the article, just someone who had a very similar experience.

3. Re: Consolidation Dec 30, 2011, 11:59 DarkCntry

Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 10:59:
Is this also a question of poor passwords or actual hacking? If your xbox live account password is 123456 then you're to blame. The password system is there for your protection and is up to you as an individual to maintain a level of security for yourself.

Considering mine was a 16-digit randomized alphanumeric with case-sensitivity password, then I doubt it was due to a poor password. Of course, I am not even sure Live supports case-sensitivity.

As per that article it took me actually contacting the BBB for them to even give me information regarding the status of my migrated account, which over 38 days since I originally involved MS and well past the 25 day statement, had not even been started on the investigation.

Now I've been in contact with them for a couple weeks now with constant updates.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies End Game Detailed
17. Re: Star Wars Galaxies End Game Detailed Dec 3, 2011, 07:21 DarkCntry

The overall problem with SWG...it listened to what the vocal 'gamers' cried for in MMOs, a sandbox that allowed you to do pretty much anything you could think of (within reason).

However, like typical gamers, most found the path of least resistance in that game, the vast majority took to being cookie-cutter roles like TK/BHs and stuck to complaining about the lack of other classes in mass numbers.

Then that moved on to "Well this is Star Wars, I want to be a Jedi!" This forced SoE to shoehorn the original implementation of Force Sensitivity into the game. Players complained that it was too random and too hard. SoE broke down and made becoming a Jedi that much easier.

Now, here we are, during the heyday of the Galactic Civil War (basically between Empire and Return overall) and you've got thousands of Jedi running around. This made people whine and complain that everyone was a Jedi.

So SoE broke down and started on the NGE-style of Professions...pretty much pissing off EVERYONE in the process. And this doesn't even touch on the issue of how player housing was handled in the world.

Having spent the bulk of my time being a CH/BE it really pissed me off when I lost BOTH of my roles...the only thing that kept me around for a while after everything went down was the space combat, and that was obviously shoehorned in and wasn't going to be expanded upon.

News Comments > Persistent Scrolls
4. Re: Persistent Scrolls Nov 20, 2011, 09:49 DarkCntry

CommunistHamster wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 09:28:
I really can't see this taking off. It's just a MtG ripoff.

Yea those half-dozen or so other TCG-style games just aren't popular either.......

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
113. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 20:31 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 20:09:
Anyone figured out yet how to cook food? I've got tons of raw stuff, but can't seem to cook it anywhere. Tried all kinds of fires, while holding all kinds of pans and kettles, and nada...

If you come across a cooking fire with a pot that looks like it has some sort of 'liquid' in it, that should be the cooking pot and allow you to cook. First one I came across was in the bandit camp that you're sent to for the bounty after you talk to the Jarl.

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
40. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 8, 2011, 01:39 DarkCntry

entr0py wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:54:
While I feel sorry for the imaginary rat, he was a bit of a dick.

Proof that the rat is more than a big dick? Don't kill it and see what happens, especially 'right before you die.'

News Comments > Consoles Became "Lead Platform" Late in BF3 Development
43. Re: ahuh.... really? Nov 1, 2011, 13:21 DarkCntry

Shataan wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 11:42:
"Our ambition at DICE is to use the power of each individual platform to get the most out of the game"

Because your blatant consolization of the sp PC campaign almost destroyed my enjoyment of it. Sp campaigns for me are an important part, and what I pay for.

Your quicktime button mashing events REALLY forced me out of some pretty awesome immersion. I just don`t see the point of amazing sound, and visuals meant to obviously suck the player INTO the game world, only to be yanked back out again by unintuitive quicktime event button mashing... resulting in quite a few replays where we hopefully get lucky.

As much as I like SP campaigns, this is honestly one thing that I didn't expect to be all that stellar in BF3, considering DICE is still nowhere near capable of crafting a decently designed linear map without the feeling of being on rails.

I 'enjoyed' playing the SP campaign, and it's definitely better than the SP component from previous BF games, but if anyone thinks that they purchased this game for something other than multiplayer, then that's someone purchasing without research.

News Comments > The Old Republic's Warzones
10. Re: The Old Republic's Warzones Oct 30, 2011, 01:18 DarkCntry

AnointedSword wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 09:19:
I agree with foot. What made wow so fun was real world pvp.World pvp is vital for a game to feel real! :0

Those who worry about world pvp...go on pve server and stop trying to control everyone. You guys remind me of the Muslim that wants to go to the catholic school and force them to do things the Muslim way..give me a break...

You are aware that the same thing could be said in reverse about PvP right?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 30, 2011, 01:15 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 22:15:
When it first went public some people posted things on both Facebook and G+, but soon it became clear that everyone was using Facebook because everyone was using Facebook.

Everything I've read has said that people try G- for 5 minutes and then go right back to FB.

That's not really indicative of G+'s quality, only that the majority of the population doesn't like change...especially when it's of a product that produces the same effect as one they already use.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
80. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 20:21 DarkCntry

yuastnav wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 19:32:
It's pretty ballsy from EA to charge 60 bucks for a multiplayer game / interactive movie.

You mean it's ballsy to charge $60 for an entertainment medium fitting a specific genre, despite it being a median price point?

I paid my $40, I've got more than enough entertainment out of it in the last 24 hours to deem it worth the cost. Besides, it's no one's fault but your own if you don't take advantage of sales.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Checklist
4. Re: oh yeah.... Oct 25, 2011, 00:21 DarkCntry

Bucky wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 23:50:
Yup, moved up to midnight release east coast. It should be interesting seeing how well their back-end handles this, considering much of the gaming population will be awake and itching to play.

I'd figure their back-end has done pretty well, considering that Battlelog has been up for quite a while and almost all the hardcore players have already unlocked the game and have been playing for several hours now.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs
6. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:12 DarkCntry

ASeven wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 12:11:
Well, this one is easy enough. No buy. I believe CoD:BO may have been the last CoD title on the PC to sell in significant numbers.

If only that were true....

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs
5. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:11 DarkCntry

necrosis wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 11:57:
Hate it when they use processor model numbers instead of saying "Dual core 3.0GHz". Now i have to go look up what the fuck a E6600 is.

That might be because not all Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz are the same, especially when it comes to voltage and frequencies...and that's a big, BIG issue when you find out you're using a low-volt version.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 06:30 DarkCntry

arnold wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 05:52:
rage at number 1 spot................lot of here complaining about the game, but no. 1 best selling games////

McDonalds is up to what, 64 MILLION customers a day? Does that mean they're using quality components in their products?

The point is, just because it sells a lot doesn't make it all that good...

RAGE is a by-the-numbers FPS with some nifty elements that don't really pan out, in a brown post-apocalyptic world inhabited by the standard cliched people...all wrapped into a story that culminates into a point where you wish you hadn't played the rest of the game because it felt like it was a waste of time.

Now, that's all WITHOUT the semi-glaring technical issues.

News Comments > Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears
10. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 17, 2011, 03:12 DarkCntry

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 16:55:
Even if you aren't a native speaker English is the easiest language there is and stuff like this just makes me cringe.

What makes me cringe is that people somehow believe that English is the easiest language...it's one of the few languages that are actually backwards, and learning it can be rather difficult when we're discussing grammatical structure and usage.

That said, as someone who works with non-native English-speakers/writers on a regular basis, this wasn't even close to bad, if anything it's just honest mistakes that even those who natively speak the language have issues with.

541 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo