Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 507 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 19, 2011, 04:46 DarkCntry

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 18, 2011, 23:48:
China piracy cost U.S. firms $48 billion in 2009: report.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *DEEP BREATH* BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA.

Riiiiiight. Thanks for the laugh.
I always find it funny that they think a pirated copy of item X = a lost sale of item X.

I don't think the lost-sale reason is valid here. The prevalent piracy in China and SE Asia are that off bootlegs, the actual product copied and resold.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quote of the Day
33. Re: Quote of the† Day May 18, 2011, 19:16 DarkCntry

Verno wrote on May 18, 2011, 15:34:
The industry really needs to take a step back, and look at what the hell is going on rather than simply looking at their shrinking profit margins and reacting on impluse.

I couldn't agree more with you but I doubt that will happen. Unfortunately a shitty publisher/developer isn't going to look at the situation and say "oh we need to make GOOD games, of course!". They are more likely to refine their existing offerings slightly in the form of gentle nudges like preorder bonuses or more forcefully with things like online passes and missing features.

I agree, but then comes the problem...consumers need to buy those great games that developers make.

In the last 10 years alone, how many critically acclaimed games were developed and sold and failed in the market because no one purchased them?

In the last 10 years, how many games were critically considered ho-hum and people gobbled them up like Thanksgiving dinner? How many retreads of games (CoD, Madden, etc) were made and sold?

Developers and Publishers will create and sell based upon proven means of income...this is why we see less and less new IPs and more and more sequels and retreads of games.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Brink
62. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brink May 11, 2011, 16:45 DarkCntry

JaguarUSF wrote on May 11, 2011, 10:57:
DarkCntry wrote on May 11, 2011, 04:14:
Really hating the Objective 2-star solo Challenge...I can never seem to get the hackbox going simply because the enemy bots are crawling all over the damn thing...I need my sling!

You can also play challenges online cooperatively.

Yes, you can, but you cannot unlock anything via that route, which is rather disappointing but understandable.

48. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brink May 11, 2011, 04:49 DarkCntry

Jerykk wrote on May 11, 2011, 04:42:
Really hating the Objective 2-star solo Challenge...I can never seem to get the hackbox going simply because the enemy bots are crawling all over the damn thing...I need my sling!

You don't have to stand next to the box during the whole hacking process. You can take cover while hacking from a distance. It'll take longer but you won't die.

Well, that was never the issue, I could easily get around the corner quickly enough, it's just that getting the box on was the problem

I might just break down and either wait for SD to tweak the bot balance, or create a new character. I really don't want to create a new character just to get past that single challenge, feels like cheating doing it to lower the bot AI.

45. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brink May 11, 2011, 04:14 DarkCntry

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 10, 2011, 18:29 DarkCntry

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 10, 2011, 18:23:
Microsoft buys skype? CRAP GET READY TO PAY
I doubt Skype to Skype is going to change...and considering you already pay for the other functionality, it's moot.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 5, 2011, 00:35 DarkCntry

Dades wrote on May 4, 2011, 23:44:
That's not true, there isn't "always a way in" or every network in the world would be hacked at one point or another.

You're right, however every network is not created equal. Some have active monitoring of their security, some have multiple layers of it, etc.

That being said, what limits the hacking to some networks is what can most hackers obtain from it. White hats are becoming far more outnumbered by black hats. This shift means that more hacking will take place where the most attention can be garnered and the most 'respect' can be gained.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 4, 2011, 20:22 DarkCntry

ldonyo wrote on May 4, 2011, 13:56:
killer_roach wrote on May 4, 2011, 13:26:
Drazula wrote on May 4, 2011, 13:17:
Sony just doesn't get it. Who cares if they catch the people who did this? The damage is done. We want our data secure!

Banks keep money in a vault for a reason. They don't leave it sitting at the front door. This "blame it on the hackers" is nonsense. If the data is secure this is no hack.

If you don't catch the people who did it, you're encouraging more people to do so. It might be Sony today, but it could be Microsoft tomorrow, Apple next week, Citibank or Bank of America in a month or two (again... each of them's been hit in the past). If somebody thinks they can do something and get away with it, what's to stop them?

Yes, the hackers need to be caught. However, had Sony designed their network from a secure perspective the hack most likely would not have occurred. That Sony continues to try and shift the blame from themselves is yet another example of how little Sony thinks of its own customers. Nothing has changed in Sony's mindset since the rootkit thing, which is pretty pathetic.

So not trying to defend Sony here but....

It doesn't matter how well security is, there will always be a way to hack it as long as it is publicly accessible, which is why the adage is that the only safe computer is one unplugged.

News Comments > Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
17. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Apr 27, 2011, 12:56 DarkCntry

necrosis wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 12:52:
Darks wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 11:40:
Same for me, I tried to enjoy this game, but the thing that really kept me from liking it was the combat, I just couldnt stand having to mouse fuck everythng to get the combat to work. I would rather they made icons to click or have some type of auto attacks that you could alter.
Please go back to your console games.

Wait, wasn't this complaint registered for DA2 and blamed on it being a factor of consolitus?

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Console Plans Confirmed?
14. Re: The Witcher 2 Console Plans Confirmed? Apr 27, 2011, 02:41 DarkCntry

Zavy wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 02:38:
I'm not much familiar with the console world, but from what I understand and have seen, there's not many (any?) console games that have full frontal nudity.

dante's inferno had quite a bit of nudity as well.

Which still didn't float into full-frontal realms, and look at the negative attention it got.

News Comments > Jurassic Park: The Game Delayed
11. Re: Jurassic Park: The Game Delayed Apr 27, 2011, 00:47 DarkCntry

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 26, 2011, 23:28:
Despite them implying otherwise I hope this is to change/improve the game. The horrible video I have seen of this makes me want to stay far away from it in its present condition.

bigspender wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 00:42:
they aren't doing anything cool here - it looks as cheap and shitty as you could imagine.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/18/jurassic-park-hands-on/

The actual article states that they intend on revamping a lot of the gameplay based upon feedback from the trailer...which can mean quite a bit. Granted this is conjecture, but at least TT is keeping up good PR with their customers.

News Comments > On Portal 2's Axed Puke Gel
1. Re: On Portal 2's Axed Puke Gel Apr 25, 2011, 20:05 DarkCntry

Not to question this, but isn't it pretty disorienting to be going through a portal one direction and exit another in a completely different one, all the while flying through the air at top speed?

Hell, I know plenty of people who get moments of vertigo by going through one portal and exiting another upside-down.

News Comments > EA Raises Over $1 Million for Japan
9. Re: EA Raises Over $1 Million for Japan Apr 22, 2011, 17:39 DarkCntry

Punisher wrote on Apr 22, 2011, 14:09:
I feel horrible for JapanÖ they need our prayers but they donít need our money.
Japan is not Haiti. In fact, Japan ranks third in GDP, just behind the US and China, and they are our second largest creditor.

Think about itÖ This would be like Sony donating $1 Million to the US to help displaced families after hurricane Katrina.
Itís a nice gesture, but maybe they should donate to a charity to feed hungry children instead.

Why don't they need money? Just because they are the third largest GDP in the world doesn't mean they are infinitely capable of dealing with this. Let's take a step back and look at Katrina, we solicited outside funding from other nations to help us in the States.

The point is that these supplant relief efforts and helps keep them constantly in motion.

News Comments > Failed Portal Prequel Details
11. Re: Failed Portal Prequel Details Apr 21, 2011, 19:49 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Apr 21, 2011, 19:44:

Remember gang, if we complain about this in any way, we're worthless entitled bastards who deserve to die a slow cancerous death.

Or so they say...

Actually, yes, you are...in the entitlement area.

Consider this...this product is created by a third party and is sold SEPARATE from the main product (Portal). This is a luxury item that doesn't even affect/effect users who own the original product.

So if you complain about this, then yes, you're being pretty much an entitled prick.

But hey, I expected you were trying to just simply drum up some animosity from those that tried (unsuccessfully) to explain to you the difference between entitlement and 'scam'.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Screenshots
7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Screenshots Apr 21, 2011, 00:03 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 23:36:
'm assuming that one of the major factos in whether you'll win or not is whether you let the Rachni queen live.

I dunno, some of the Rachni husks they showed were giving me the idea that perhaps they were an early domination, but we'll see.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Apr 19, 2011, 19:53 DarkCntry

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 17:50:
Beamer wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 17:45:
As an aside, I have the cheapest version (PS3) sitting next to me, but no PS3.

Can anyone confirm that you need to log in to Steam on the PS3 to unlock this on the PC, or can I just enter a code into PC Steam for access?
If it's the former I'll be without this game until the PS3 price drops around E3. I've refused to pay more for a PS3 than I could have had it between November and January ($100 off MSRP; Amazon regularly offers $50 but nuts to that. I'm not sure a PS3 is worth $200 to me let alone $300 as streaming on-demand via TW and XBL has destroyed the need for BluRay for me.)

Yes, you need to login on PS3 first. Also I am not sure how the PS3 version is the cheapest, since the PC version was $35.

Buying it on PS3 netted you both copies, for the same price (if you pre-ordered from Amazon).

News Comments > Portal 2 Nears
128. Re: Portal 2 Nears Apr 19, 2011, 00:45 DarkCntry

Asmo wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 00:43:
No participation in the ARG, no potatoes, almost finished decrypting for me...

2.40pm Aus time, plenty of time to play today, good work Valve.

X D

QUIET, YOU'VE BEEN SCAMMED!

86. Re: Portal 2 Nears Apr 18, 2011, 23:52 DarkCntry

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 18, 2011, 23:49:
12 midnight eastern = ARG did not do crap. All video game sellers are selling it now. Steam users get it up the ass.

The only ones that'll probably have zero issues playing are 360 users, simply because it doesn't tie into Steam in the first place.

PS3 and PC/Mac users are, however, probably still on the waiting game. Although I'd probably expect that there's a time lock on all 3 versions at this point.

Either way...Valve still hasn't scammed anyone.

34. Re: Portal 2 Nears Apr 18, 2011, 20:47 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Apr 18, 2011, 20:45:
You people like nin who like to incorrectly asses terms to people for doing nothing remotely like that

What?

Here, I'll make it simple..

You calling people apologists is about as accurate as saying everyone loved Bush Jr as a president. In other words...not very.

32. Re: Portal 2 Nears Apr 18, 2011, 20:41 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Apr 18, 2011, 20:39:

You Valve apologists are a fucking riot. You will swallow any amount of shit they serve, and then ask for more.

Funny how correcting misconceptions and misuse of a term is now akin to being an apologist.

So in kind;

"You people like nin who like to incorrectly asses terms to people for doing nothing remotely like that are a fucking riot. You'll gladly generalize incorrectly about a person and show yourself being a complete tool."

507 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo