Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 531 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer
30. Re: Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer Mar 3, 2012, 08:08 DarkCntry

Bhruic wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 02:54:
That's certainly plausible, but the Protheans were more technologically advanced than any of the races around now. But when the Reapers hit a planet, that planet was wasted in an extremely short time period. The idea that "Earth is holding out" is just silly. The Reapers would show up, Earth would be toast in a week - if it took that long - and they'd move on.

I don't mind the idea of trying to unite against them (although even then, the chances of beating them should be small - well, except we have Shepherd!), but this idea that we're going to somehow "save" the Earth is pretty bogus.

I dunno, maybe there's more to it than the demo suggested, but the Reapers didn't seem to be doing as much damage as we'd been lead to believe they could.

How I see it, and it was alluded to earlier here, was that the Reapers weren't intent on destroying just Earth, but attempting to decimate Humanity and create their new army of husks. As everything in the Lore suggests that we, humans, are the unifying factor that the Protheans didn't have and that thanks to Harbringer's 'data' on us, it probably, for lack of better words, scares them at our advancement and ability.

I believe their ultimate goal is to replace the Prothean Collector with us, while simultaneously decimating the rest of the known universe.

I do begin to wonder though, touching back on the whole MacGuffin bit, if it will be tied into something to do with the Quarians and the Geth based upon Legion's loyalty mission in ME2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games
72. Re: Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games Feb 28, 2012, 15:41 DarkCntry

Alamar wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 15:19:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 14:38:
That said, you are aware that the only way to have privacy online is to not be online, right? If you don't believe that, and constitute it as a strawman, then well, there's no hope for you.

I admit my ignorance as to what the 'strawman argument' is, but will you admit that you don't know what the word hope means? : )

Hope implies the results of the future, not the present... You mean it as an insult, but I'm allowed to call it out; like fixing grammar in a post about poor grammar : )

-Alamar

There is no facepalm large enough to convey the level of "WTF" is in this entire post...

Look, you brought up an argument that no one was arguing, hence the strawman...

It might help if you were intending to 'fix my grammar', that you might understand what it is you're trying to fix first....

66. Re: Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games Feb 28, 2012, 15:04 DarkCntry

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 14:44:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 14:38:
Beelzebud wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 14:32:
It's not a strawman. My PC is my private property. EA has no right to sniff the contents of my hard drive, so Origin does not get installed on my machine. And no, merely connecting to the internet is not an invasion of privacy. Speaking of strawmen...

Perhaps you don't know what a strawman argument is....

That said, you are aware that the only way to have privacy online is to not be online, right? If you don't believe that, and constitute it as a strawman, then well, there's no hope for you.

Yes, only hope lies with those that argue in favor of corporations invading our privacy.

Ok, so maybe you do know what strawman means, you seem to be using it an awful lot here...

63. Re: Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games Feb 28, 2012, 14:38 DarkCntry

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 14:32:
It's not a strawman. My PC is my private property. EA has no right to sniff the contents of my hard drive, so Origin does not get installed on my machine. And no, merely connecting to the internet is not an invasion of privacy. Speaking of strawmen...

Perhaps you don't know what a strawman argument is....

60. Re: Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games Feb 28, 2012, 14:24 DarkCntry

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 14:11:
You honestly don't mind that EA scans the contents of your hard drive? Some of us don't like that at all, and look at it for exactly what it is: An invasion of privacy.

While not going to champion EA's actions, I will say that if you don't think just connecting to the Internet as an invasion of privacy, then you're just being funny...

When you buy an EA game, is it also okay for them to come in your house, while you're at work, and put all EA Games on their branded EA shelf? I think not.

I really hope this analogy was in jest and not fashioned to prove a point, otherwise you're just going to be slapped with a strawman label...

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 at GDC
6. Re: Unreal Engine 4 at GDC Feb 27, 2012, 22:39 DarkCntry

Super Shiny Engine 4!

If they get rid of that overall Teflon coat that is in the previous 2 UEs, I might be happy.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo for All
43. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo for All Feb 17, 2012, 17:43 DarkCntry

^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 17:36:
How bad is the Consolitis?

How bad is the consolitis on a console-led game that started as an Xbox exclusive title...did you really ask that question?

News Comments > Steam Breach Follow-up
20. Re: jtw321@gmail.com Feb 11, 2012, 04:34 DarkCntry

Flatline wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 03:23:
deadearth wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 21:53:
Slashman wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 21:49:

This message popped up when I signed into Steam earlier this evening. So its not just hiding on their forums.

It's also on their steam 'news' page.

It also emailed straight to me. However, they have done something intolerable. This is what the email said:

We've recently learned that it is probable that in 2009 the intruders obtained a copy of a database with information about Steam transactions between 2004 and 2008.

Dude, this breach happened THREE YEARS AGO and they just "found out about it" in the recent past. Which is, to put it mildly, a cock-up of epic proportions.

I think you misunderstood...most companies have information regarding almost every transaction they do...so in other words, it's not that this breach is that old, just that this is the bracket area that was taken.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 8, 2012, 12:18 DarkCntry

ledhead1969 wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 11:01:
Xbox Live's Major Nelson A Letter from Alex Garden: Your Security.

That is a fucking joke. My account was hacked and it's been a month and MS hasn't fixed it.

Took around 4 months and contacting the BBB to get my account back....this included re-migration from Russia back to the US.

Basically make sure you've contacted MS a couple times directly, by phone, and if they have no new information to give you then use the BBB and make a complaint. It may take some time, but in my case, I got a personal 'advocate' that would give me weekly updates.

I ask that you, however, only do this as a last resort...otherwise you will end up lessening the 'strength' of a BBB complaint and MS will just start ignoring them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 27, 2012, 18:29 DarkCntry

So tell me, how would the console detect "used" and not something like "rented"?

News Comments > Ads in Titan?
27. Re: Ads in Titan? Jan 24, 2012, 04:45 DarkCntry

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 03:28:
I seriously think Titan is going to be to World of Warcraft what Warhammer 40K was to Warhammer. In other words, the future version of WoW. Tauren and Orcs and Gnomes and Elves with space guns and powered armor and what have you.

I mean, think about it. They stole the whole design from Warhammer in the first place. Why not go ahead and rip off the future version as well? Also, Titan? The Titans were their lore version of the gods in WoW. Makes sense to me.

They already did that...Starcraft. I wouldn't be surprised if ActiBlizz decided to MMOize it either.

News Comments > SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching
20. Re: SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching Jan 8, 2012, 15:14 DarkCntry

Alamar wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 12:59:
nin wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 22:33:
mlw wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 17:08:
I have been playing since early start and have many days of played time. I have not noticed any 'responsiveness' problem at all.

I've only noticed it when I cast Crushing Darkness immediately followed by Force Lighting. It's like there's an extra second or so of animation for CD after the cast, which in turn appears to clip the damaged of FL, since it's channeled.

Hope it's fixed soon...

In my case, force lightning often starts one handed, and goes to two (as a Sorc). The damage shows up right away though...

Either way, I see the claims that the damage is delayed, but can you really tell? Sometimes, the scrolling text is slow, but that doesn't mean the damage went out at the same time.

-Alamar

The only time I've had damage 'lost' is if I have the traited lighting that allows it to double-tick at half the channel speed.

News Comments > SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching
14. Re: SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching Jan 7, 2012, 23:05 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 22:33:
mlw wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 17:08:
I have been playing since early start and have many days of played time. I have not noticed any 'responsiveness' problem at all.

I've only noticed it when I cast Crushing Darkness immediately followed by Force Lighting. It's like there's an extra second or so of animation for CD after the cast, which in turn appears to clip the damaged of FL, since it's channeled.

Hope it's fixed soon...

Another way to see it in action is to alternate between FL and Lightning Bolt...you'll see the channel and cast bars actually 'overlap'.

News Comments > New MS Online RTS Plans?
4. Re: New MS Online RTS Plans? Jan 6, 2012, 17:31 DarkCntry

Optional nickname wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 16:50:
I'd love a robot boxing game for Kinect ala 'Real Steel' movie.

Although, my Real Time Strategy for "Are you a passionate gamer with a deep understanding of social media and online communities?" is to avoid such things at all costs.

That's actually very common for Community Management roles, as they are foremost the link between whatever community it is and the development team. Of course, they generally are also the mouths of the development team, be it via twitter, facebook, google+, or their own website and forums.

News Comments > Consolidation
7. Re: Consolidation Dec 30, 2011, 17:26 DarkCntry

Warskull wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 16:47:
DarkCntry wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 11:59:
Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 10:59:
Is this also a question of poor passwords or actual hacking? If your xbox live account password is 123456 then you're to blame. The password system is there for your protection and is up to you as an individual to maintain a level of security for yourself.

Considering mine was a 16-digit randomized alphanumeric with case-sensitivity password, then I doubt it was due to a poor password. Of course, I am not even sure Live supports case-sensitivity.

As per that article it took me actually contacting the BBB for them to even give me information regarding the status of my migrated account, which over 38 days since I originally involved MS and well past the 25 day statement, had not even been started on the investigation.

Now I've been in contact with them for a couple weeks now with constant updates.

Was there any chance what-so-ever you fell victim to phishing? Microsoft/EA's go to excuse is that the people are victims of phishing. However, a lot of people are saying it is not due to phishing, but some sort of major security flaw with EA's account system.

Both Microsoft and EA deserve the blame for how poorly they have been handling this.

Highly improbable that it was phishing, at least not on my end. With the lack of emails to get scammed by, and the inherent hatred of 'giving out my information', that leaves little in the way for it to be my fault.

5. Re: Consolidation Dec 30, 2011, 12:17 DarkCntry

Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 12:13:
Oh wow straight from the source, thanks for the follow up!
It's pretty interesting to me that some accounts are literally being hacked just for the sale of virtual items.

I should note that I'm not the guy they talk to in the article, just someone who had a very similar experience.

3. Re: Consolidation Dec 30, 2011, 11:59 DarkCntry

Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 10:59:
Is this also a question of poor passwords or actual hacking? If your xbox live account password is 123456 then you're to blame. The password system is there for your protection and is up to you as an individual to maintain a level of security for yourself.

Considering mine was a 16-digit randomized alphanumeric with case-sensitivity password, then I doubt it was due to a poor password. Of course, I am not even sure Live supports case-sensitivity.

As per that article it took me actually contacting the BBB for them to even give me information regarding the status of my migrated account, which over 38 days since I originally involved MS and well past the 25 day statement, had not even been started on the investigation.

Now I've been in contact with them for a couple weeks now with constant updates.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies End Game Detailed
17. Re: Star Wars Galaxies End Game Detailed Dec 3, 2011, 07:21 DarkCntry

The overall problem with SWG...it listened to what the vocal 'gamers' cried for in MMOs, a sandbox that allowed you to do pretty much anything you could think of (within reason).

However, like typical gamers, most found the path of least resistance in that game, the vast majority took to being cookie-cutter roles like TK/BHs and stuck to complaining about the lack of other classes in mass numbers.

Then that moved on to "Well this is Star Wars, I want to be a Jedi!" This forced SoE to shoehorn the original implementation of Force Sensitivity into the game. Players complained that it was too random and too hard. SoE broke down and made becoming a Jedi that much easier.

Now, here we are, during the heyday of the Galactic Civil War (basically between Empire and Return overall) and you've got thousands of Jedi running around. This made people whine and complain that everyone was a Jedi.

So SoE broke down and started on the NGE-style of Professions...pretty much pissing off EVERYONE in the process. And this doesn't even touch on the issue of how player housing was handled in the world.

Having spent the bulk of my time being a CH/BE it really pissed me off when I lost BOTH of my roles...the only thing that kept me around for a while after everything went down was the space combat, and that was obviously shoehorned in and wasn't going to be expanded upon.

News Comments > Persistent Scrolls
4. Re: Persistent Scrolls Nov 20, 2011, 09:49 DarkCntry

CommunistHamster wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 09:28:
I really can't see this taking off. It's just a MtG ripoff.

Yea those half-dozen or so other TCG-style games just aren't popular either.......

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
113. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 20:31 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 20:09:
Anyone figured out yet how to cook food? I've got tons of raw stuff, but can't seem to cook it anywhere. Tried all kinds of fires, while holding all kinds of pans and kettles, and nada...

If you come across a cooking fire with a pot that looks like it has some sort of 'liquid' in it, that should be the cooking pot and allow you to cook. First one I came across was in the bandit camp that you're sent to for the bounty after you talk to the Jarl.

531 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo