Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 531 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
18. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 30, 2012, 00:24 DarkCntry

gray wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 07:44:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:46:
Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 20:31:
That's just fucking scary. Wow, America, just wow.

Wow, Britain, just wow.*

*Above is stated with no implication that person quoted is British, only that stereotypes are bad, mmkay.

Not quite the same as barging in with flashbangs and guns though is it? (militarized police force)

It really doesn't matter what 'hardware' they use, they still barged in based upon circumstantial evidence that could've easily had absolutely nothing to do with the parties involved.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Expendables 2 Game Announced
6. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 22:16 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:12:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:58:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:54:
I wonder if anyone has really ever thought "ALL RIGHT! ANOTHER MOVIE TIE IN GAME! I LOVE THOSE!"

Depends on the game, the demographic, and the style...there are a couple that are pretty decent, alas, most people here are too old and don't have kids to enjoy them themselves.

More often than not, it's about getting the product out the door in time to match the movie release. Quality is sacrificed in the name of a tie in/quick buck. And sadly, people keep buying them...

Considering the movie is out in like August and this is just now announced, and shipping "this summer"? Yeah, that'll end well...

That's the caveat though, when publishers are pitching a product to coincide with the release of another. Most often you would get the red flag to stay away from tie-ins like that, but to lump them all together isn't the right view.

News Comments > Expendables 2 Game Announced
4. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 21:58 DarkCntry

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:54:
I wonder if anyone has really ever thought "ALL RIGHT! ANOTHER MOVIE TIE IN GAME! I LOVE THOSE!"

Depends on the game, the demographic, and the style...there are a couple that are pretty decent, alas, most people here are too old and don't have kids to enjoy them themselves.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 21:46 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 20:31:
That's just fucking scary. Wow, America, just wow.

Wow, Britain, just wow.*

*Above is stated with no implication that person quoted is British, only that stereotypes are bad, mmkay.

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patches
5. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patches Jun 28, 2012, 05:02 DarkCntry

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 22:58:
Why does Ubisoft still makes games? No one wants them.

Speak for yourself junior, there's plenty in Ubi's library of games that are at the very least decent, and many of which that are great.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Video Diary
2. Re: World of Warplanes Video Diary Jun 27, 2012, 09:33 DarkCntry

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 07:25:
Compared to most flight simulators, this game is not very good. They would have been better off to focus on a few of the more popular planes and get the flight mechanics better than what they have now.

Last I heard, Warplanes wasn't meant to be a simulator outside of modeling realistic ballistics...

From what I've seen, the handling of the game seems to not target solely those using sticks and tries to incorporate keyboard and mouse in a similar manner.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 External Beta Details
5. Re: PlanetSide 2 External Beta Details Jun 26, 2012, 19:14 DarkCntry

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 18:49:
nothing but a cheap ploy to boost ps1 subscriptions.. they been banking off this beta exploit for a while now... Big fan now, no longer caring.. gonna be hard to hook me back.

Someone as cynical as me is taken aback by your level of cynicism...albeit, based on your post history, stirring the pot is pretty much what you do best.

As for PS1 subscriptions, you are aware that the subscription isn't a forced requirement, right?

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Demo
12. Re: Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Demo Jun 25, 2012, 18:16 DarkCntry

Ceribaen wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 12:25:
Unfortunately it seems every iteration of the yearly release seems to go down in terms of build quality. 2011 was nice, 2012 added new bugs without really adding features, and the initial set of forum posts makes 2013 sound almost entirely unplayable.

I do believe they usually give it a couple post-release patches, so I'll just wait for the new decks and inevitable 50 or 75% off sale and then grab it.

In the mean time 2012 is good enough since I use it as a single player time waster.

Not sure what bugs they are experiencing, but I haven't had a single one.

News Comments > Risen 2 Demo
4. Re: Risen 2 Demo Jun 24, 2012, 21:19 DarkCntry

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 20:28:
Not sure if it's just me or my taste in games lately, but finding it very MEH.

Pretty much everyone felt that way, and it was compounded with the then pre-patch combat mechanics with the inability to do simple things like dodge. Even post-patch with dodging, it still hasn't made combat any more fun or engaging.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week Jun 21, 2012, 13:51 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 13:48:
Maybe they've picked this for a reason. To get some indication of what an average weekday might be like, otherwise they'd be doing in the evening and on the weekend.

That still doesn't make sense in the context of a stress test. Unless this was meant for non-American regions and/or for a look at low-impact hours.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 13, 2012, 22:01 DarkCntry

I won't lie, I found the updated app to be pretty nice. Being able to watch content from the Xbox on the iPad or iPhone is a nice thing.

Of course, that means my Xbox is going to be staying on for longer periods of time.

News Comments > TERA Free Trial
4. Re: TERA Free Trial Jun 13, 2012, 21:58 DarkCntry

Calistoga wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 21:45:
Without overstating it, Tera is the best mmorpg I have played in 10 years of playing games including Wow(for 6 years), EQ2, AOC, WH, Rift, Aion, GW2 beta. The combat, especially the melee combat is fantastic, the graphics are incredible, animations are best genre has ever seen (both monsters and players), dungeons are very good. Poster who dismisses it as an endless grind is cynical and dead wrong. Even my wife loves the game, and she was skeptical after being burned by AOC, WH, Rift, etc. We have 2 lvl 40's and love it.

Just make sure you have beefy computer to enjoy it to its fullest. We bought 2 new computers just to play this game after we started playing it and loved it. There is your endorsement.

Trust me, the game is freaking awesome. Period.

The game *is* an endless grind though. Unless I missed something, somewhere, once you get to like level 10 you start slowing down and having to slog through the riff-raff of "Kill X" and "Fetch X" quests.

It is a nice looking and entertaining MMO to play in short bursts, but to tell someone that they are dead wrong and cynical for stating a bold-faced truth screams otherwise.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 12, 2012, 22:48 DarkCntry

Koshmar wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 21:02:
eSports? Maybe eCompetitions or eGames, but to classify professional gaming as a sport seems silly. Professional poker isn't even referred to as a sport.

In theory, it's no less a sport than, say, NASCAR or any other number of activities falling under that nomenclature.

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
17. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 12, 2012, 20:36 DarkCntry

Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 20:24:
Something that occurred to me while reading all the Diablo 3 news lately is that an unscrupulous individual, if so inclined, could make more than enough money in the auction house to keep buying new copies of D3 indefinitely as their old accounts get banned, assuming they work quickly enough. Banning doesn't seem like much of a deterrent in that case especially if Blizzard only brings the ban-hammer occasionally.

The probability that would work would probably be low, seeing as you need both an Authenticator and a form of payment info on the accounts.

The Authenticator is tied, hardware-wise, to either the fob or the phone, so they'd have to get new phones and/or fobs to keep this part going...

I'm also pretty sure Blizzard would be pretty careful about having multiple accounts using the same payment info across them without first verifying them.

That's not to say that this isn't possible, but figuring the hurdles behind it, I don't see it profitable overall.

12. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 12, 2012, 18:57 DarkCntry

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 18:08:
7 posts.
1 actual good information, the rest trolls. Keep on trollin on fellahs.

Hard to call my post a troll, when it's actually explaining what was asked...but hey, haters gonna hate.

6. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 12, 2012, 17:36 DarkCntry

Well lets see, based upon the news topic, the content of the post you're questioning, Rattlehead, one could easily assume that Hellbuddy is a bot for Diablo 3.

Of course, that's only if one is capable of putting forth some effort in a logical deduction of the words written.

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
91. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 29, 2012, 11:17 DarkCntry

You know what Champs are best? The Wasp/Bees that shoot little bees, coupled with Desecration, Chains, Vampire, and Teleport....

Just last night, I had two Champ groups that I somehow entered next to, one was the Wasp/Bees above teamed with the sneaking Vipers that had Waller, Jailer, and (wait for it), Electricity.

I lasted about 2 seconds. Seriously those buffs need to have exclusions, desecration and either Jailer or lag-happy Frozen are way too overpowered on every upper difficulty. Lost a level 38 HC Witch Doctor thanks to a couple of them.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. May 24, 2012, 17:37 DarkCntry

But the integration can go deeper as well. The show might introduce a new storyline involving a mysterious plague that is afflicting the entire continent, Beliaeff said. Players in the game could then work toward finding a cure. If the cure is found, the particular player that dredged it up could be mentioned on the show, or even become a walk-on character in a future season, events Beliaeff compared to "winning the lottery."

^^ From the article...I can see it now;

"Thanks to Fagbomb120541 and XxC00li0xX for aiding in the facilitation of creating this cure to save so many lives!"

I think I'd watch the show just to witness this...

News Comments > New DayZ Mod
16. Re: New DayZ Mod May 22, 2012, 15:43 DarkCntry

J wrote on May 22, 2012, 15:35:
I have a question for you Day Z players. I was watching some YouTube videos with Day Z gameplay on and there's a question which stands out to me: How do you gain humanity?

It seems to fall quite quickly, even if you shoot in self-defence, so how do you gain it and prevent yourself becoming just another bandit?

Humanity is gained by killing zombies, healing other players (via bandages or blood transfusions), killing bandits, and will gradually go up as time goes on the longer you stay alive and not shoot other survivors.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Support?
8. Re: BioShock Infinite Multiplayer Support? May 10, 2012, 00:30 DarkCntry

NegaDeath wrote on May 10, 2012, 00:20:
I swear if we have to grind multiplayer to unlock a better ending.....

If you're alluding to Mass Effect 3, you might want to not...the galactic readiness meant overall jack when you basically got enough assets just from playing the normal game for all of the endings.

531 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo