Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 506 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
22. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 19:16 DarkCntry

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:28:
Cool trailer, but the graphics engine itself is just okay, IMO. That being said, it's good enough (and has to handle a far draw distance), and so it will all come down to the gameplay.

One thing that concerns me is that there's no endgame, so I'm wondering if anyone in the beta can comment how the missions and gameplay work. It's not like Tribes or BF3 where there are missions with goals that end, and you restart. It just goes on forever.

This whole quest for 'endgame' is actually one of the reasons MMOs fail in general, and why people pine for Sandbox MMOs but get all bent when it's given to them with no 'endgame'.

Planetside has never had a true 'endgame', it is meant as a tug-of-war fight between 3 factions over an entire planet's worth of continents, you rank up you get more nifty things to immediately use as time goes on based upon the situation of the fight. More places held, more resources received, more things can be done...

As for those in beta, I'm sure there's an NDA that would prohibit that from happening.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
17. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 18:19 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:01:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 17:22:
[sarcasm]You mean this isn't actual gameplay? Gosh! I feel so abused and lied to![/sarcasm]

You trolls can fuckoff, take your ball home and don't come back. We're going to enjoy the hell out of this and the thought of you sitting around sulking while we have fun only adds to it.

Welp, once the first post about serious launch issues or another Sony network database breach goes up on Blue's, I'm gonna unzip and jack off like a bunny on crack while imagining your stoned, stupid little face while you're sitting in the dump inside your trailer home, crying real tears of mega frustration over how you can't play.
Mark my words. Knowing SOE, I'll get to jack off until my weeny turns purple!

Someone seems to be compensating for something...you know, it might help to socialize with real people and you probably wouldn't have those issues.

Either that or you're really one screwed up person.

News Comments > Penny Arcade Adventures New Episode & Free DLC Plans
4. Re: Penny Arcade Adventures New Episode & Free DLC Plans Jul 24, 2012, 03:10 DarkCntry

xornand wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 23:58:
Just go away Penny Arcade, everyone hates you.
Biker Rifle

"Everyone" must be a seemingly small minority considering just how many read their strips, attend PAX, and, well, bought the game. Stunned

News Comments > SKYJACKER Kickstart Fails; "Plan B" Revealed
3. Re: SKYJACKER Kickstart Fails; Jul 23, 2012, 21:20 DarkCntry

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 19:16:
Don't give these kickstarters a dime... Seriously when was the last time someone loaned you money for your idea.. Don't be exploited by a game.. Or wait.. I have these magic seeds that grow games to your exact dreams.. Send me the cash instead!!

Are you still around? Please, just go away.

News Comments > The WarZ Announced
26. Re: The WarZ Announced Jul 20, 2012, 08:27 DarkCntry

reisub wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 07:31:
Will W wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 07:00:
space captain wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 00:49:
should make an MMO about boobs... they never go out of style

I'm interested in playing this...you should flesh it out.
It's definitely a potential growth area.

Only if they sub-contract the old Team Ninja and their jiggle-tech....

News Comments > The WarZ Announced
7. Re: The WarZ Announced Jul 19, 2012, 23:05 DarkCntry

Lukin wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 22:22:
Hmm...that's a bit of an overstatement. I wonder what else you've been playing and how long is "a long time" for you.

I struggled to get DayZ working on steam (I'd bought ARMA 2 w/ the expansions on sale a while ago).

But, I managed to play for a while. The atmosphere was cool, but the clunky interface is really annoying. I can appreciate wanting something more involved and realistic than Modern Warfare and even BF2, but the Arma series has always seemed a weak alternative.

After dying a few times, I managed a round where I lived for maybe a half hour, got bored with no weapons and seeing no other players so I ran into a horde on purpose.

Now, seems like there's been another update and it's a chore to get everything working again. I realize its a tiny mod team in beta, but I'd give Day Z a thumbs down.

Updating isn't all that hard, nor is installing it...if you do have issues use a front-end like Six Updater

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 18, 2012, 03:21 DarkCntry

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 23:22:
First thought of his was "Kinect" and if a game designer thinks of console gimmick crap when thinking about how to make a good game then you know he's got no clue as to how a real fresh innovative game is made.

While Kinect is kitschy at best, what was stated was to use Kinect Voice, which wouldn't really be a problem to me and I wouldn't chalk that as being a 'gimmick' considering the nature of the game he is talking about.

News Comments > The Old Republic EP Leaves; Other Staff Cuts?
24. Re: The Old Republic EP Leaves; Other Staff Cuts? Jul 17, 2012, 17:48 DarkCntry

Axis wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 17:34:
SWTOR, D3, and up-comming GW2 all suffer this same problem - people in droves give good solid feedback on the problems, and they are ignored because the devs think they know better.

That might be because by and large the players have absolutely no clue what they are talking about with their "feedback", and the vast majority is far from anything an actual developer can work with.

News Comments > Dungeons of Dredmor DLC August 1st
3. Re: Dungeons of Dredmor DLC August 1st Jul 17, 2012, 02:09 DarkCntry

ASeven wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 21:26:
Intrigued about that Odin project. A 3D game from them? Could it be an ARPG in Dredmor's universe?

Could just picture Dredmor and Grimrock having an illegitimate child with that idea...

News Comments > Battlefield Designer Leaves DICE
21. Re: Battlefield Designer Leaves DICE Jul 14, 2012, 12:19 DarkCntry

Ventura wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 11:15:
Single player is just something you can play by yourself. You get that, right? Whether or not it's just a simulation of a game's multiplayer mode doesn't mean a damned thing.

Uh...no, unless we're using some bastardization of the terminology here.

12. Re: Battlefield Designer Leaves DICE Jul 14, 2012, 03:55 DarkCntry

Ventura wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 03:23:
DarkCntry wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 02:40:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 02:38:
Ventura wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 02:31:
I bought BFBC2 and BF3 for the single player content

Yousaidwhat

Furthering that, somehow I missed something in the translation in that they considered the bot matches in BF2 (and prior) to be a single-player experience of sorts... Wtf

Haven't really been playing pc games for all that long, have you?

How can you say that bots on multiplayer maps creates a single-player experience? Last I saw, single-player games generally have, well, purpose other than to create an offline version of the online component....

So yea, I guess I'm brand new to this new-aged PC gaming stuff Hahaha_no

9. Re: Battlefield Designer Leaves DICE Jul 14, 2012, 02:40 DarkCntry

Sepharo wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 02:38:
Ventura wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 02:31:
I bought BFBC2 and BF3 for the single player content

Yousaidwhat

Furthering that, somehow I missed something in the translation in that they considered the bot matches in BF2 (and prior) to be a single-player experience of sorts... Wtf

News Comments > Amazon's Game Connect
3. Re: Amazon's Game Connect Jul 12, 2012, 14:22 DarkCntry

Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:13:
Anyone have any decent ones to add that are on amazon?

Super MNC is a great, if challenging, 3rd-person MOBA-style shooter that could only be considered Pay-2-Win if people think the other characters are unbalanced (which, in my opinion, they aren't), beyond that, there's World of Tanks and then mostly the grindy F2P-MMOs where most things aren't cosmetic to buy....

News Comments >
3. Re: Just Cause 2 MP ModJust Cause 2 MP Mod Jul 10, 2012, 00:16 DarkCntry

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 13:07:
I am wondering if you can do the missions, or if it is just sandbox....

As of right now, it's just sandbox and a very haphazardly concocted version of that.

There's a lot of work left to do to make it anything more than a "get vehicle, get hijacked, get killed, respawn, repeat".

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 18:12 DarkCntry

RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 13:21:
It's not race baiting if it's a fact.

Not sure you understand what the word 'fact' means when you start applying it to a very subjective opinion like that.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
18. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 30, 2012, 00:24 DarkCntry

gray wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 07:44:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:46:
Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 20:31:
That's just fucking scary. Wow, America, just wow.

Wow, Britain, just wow.*

*Above is stated with no implication that person quoted is British, only that stereotypes are bad, mmkay.

Not quite the same as barging in with flashbangs and guns though is it? (militarized police force)

It really doesn't matter what 'hardware' they use, they still barged in based upon circumstantial evidence that could've easily had absolutely nothing to do with the parties involved.

News Comments > Expendables 2 Game Announced
6. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 22:16 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:12:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:58:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:54:
I wonder if anyone has really ever thought "ALL RIGHT! ANOTHER MOVIE TIE IN GAME! I LOVE THOSE!"

Depends on the game, the demographic, and the style...there are a couple that are pretty decent, alas, most people here are too old and don't have kids to enjoy them themselves.

More often than not, it's about getting the product out the door in time to match the movie release. Quality is sacrificed in the name of a tie in/quick buck. And sadly, people keep buying them...

Considering the movie is out in like August and this is just now announced, and shipping "this summer"? Yeah, that'll end well...

That's the caveat though, when publishers are pitching a product to coincide with the release of another. Most often you would get the red flag to stay away from tie-ins like that, but to lump them all together isn't the right view.

News Comments > Expendables 2 Game Announced
4. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 21:58 DarkCntry

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:54:
I wonder if anyone has really ever thought "ALL RIGHT! ANOTHER MOVIE TIE IN GAME! I LOVE THOSE!"

Depends on the game, the demographic, and the style...there are a couple that are pretty decent, alas, most people here are too old and don't have kids to enjoy them themselves.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2012, 21:46 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 20:31:
That's just fucking scary. Wow, America, just wow.

Wow, Britain, just wow.*

*Above is stated with no implication that person quoted is British, only that stereotypes are bad, mmkay.

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patches
5. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patches Jun 28, 2012, 05:02 DarkCntry

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 22:58:
Why does Ubisoft still makes games? No one wants them.

Speak for yourself junior, there's plenty in Ubi's library of games that are at the very least decent, and many of which that are great.

506 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo