Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 506 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
29. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 18:01 DarkCntry

Nighthawk wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 17:49:
Apparently nobody wants to say thank you.
Tried 2, both taken, thanks anyway, very kind of you.
The only one I got was Postal...not entirely sure that I should be thanking for that

Seriously though, thanks for the keys.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition
19. Re: Ships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition Apr 4, 2014, 00:39 DarkCntry

Bradley wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:08:
I still don't understand the mass appeal of this game. I just fired it up after work to see what was updated. I'm doing great for a while, then get completely obliterated after one bad roll of the random number generator. Maybe I just really suck at it, but I prefer to have more control.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roguelike

It's that whole idea that any jump can equate to you losing, and the feeling that you get when you do prevail.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep
14. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 20:27 DarkCntry

Darks wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 20:18:
Osc8r wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 20:06:
mlw wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:40:
Do movie theaters let you watch movies for free?
Do restaurants let you eat for free?

Welcome To The Real World.

You mean the real world where there are better MMO's than ESO and which don't have a monthly fee attached?

This ESO MMO is as generic as they come - there is simply no justification for the monthly fee in THIS CASE considering their competition.

Give it time, i'm sure they too will realise this.

Glad you are enjoying it though! Half a dozen beta's were more than enough for me.

Yea, says you. Ill take a monthly sub any day of a free to play model. the F2P model nickel and dimes you to death for almost anything you need or what to do In the game.

And since when has a monthly sub now become bad?

As for this being as generic as they come, I take it you haven't gone past level 15? Because the game really starts to open up after you get on the main land and questing. I have seen MMO's that are way worst then this game. This game at least has quality voice overs acting and voice overs for nearly every NPC that you talk to through your the world that is of relevance. Where is that being done in any other MMO? Certainly not in Wildstar.

Monthly fees are not bad if they give value for their cost. In the case of ESO, $15/mth for access to another of the same type of MMO that is available in GW2 (for less) is not good value.

Also the majority of the AAA-level F2P MMOs don't nickel and dime you...that wives tale is getting a bit long in the tooth.

As for the "quality" VOs, TOR beat them to the punch there, and the quality for ESO is the same quality as the previous Elder Scrolls games, which to say is not all that 'great' in my opinion.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep
9. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 19:30 DarkCntry

Darks wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:15:
ViRGE wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 18:37:
Am I the only person who has essentially completely forgotten about this game?

Seriously dude, give it a rest already. if you don't like the game please don't come in here spouting shit like that. No one cares about your lame opinion. The game happens to pretty damn good. But someone like you who most likely never played one second of the game has a negative opinion about the game.

I'm fine with people like you not liking the game, but why is it you all need to reiterate that fact in the forums a hundred times over?

As someone who was in beta from it's first day I can say that ESO, while a decent MMO, doesn't do anything to advance the genre. It uses DAOC and/or GW2's PvP system, it uses themeparking to a great degree, and its 'expansive' skill system is not really that expansive.

On top of that it really removes a hallmark of Elder Scrolls games, the exploration. While, yes, you can still randomly run around here and there the world is empty except for pre-determined areas and hubs. The few 'random' NPCs that walk here and there are egregiously more scripted events than they were in Oblivion and Skyrim.

And then there is the Imperial race...which is walled off by only purchasing the Imperial edition. You're effectively locking off a complete race, with skills and everything, behind a paywall.

As I said, the game is a passable MMO, but one not worth $15/mth. Most everyone in the industry expect it will go free to play within the year though, so there is that. Of course, how they implement that without making the PvP pointless will be interesting.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 24, 2014, 23:25 DarkCntry

Prez wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 21:36:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 20:30:
Honestly I still don't think that that poll is anything more than a joke. I mean saying that a game company with, at worst, a capitalistic mentality is worse than banks screwing people over out of their homes, large-scale companies foregoing safety and dumping millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf, and then the multitude of other companies out there that are actually causing physical harm on people is rather stupid.

You are assuming that everyone who votes has the exact same definition of "worst" as you do. As an example, someone else might have had pretty good customer service and got a decent home refinance loan from one of the banks you despise while having gotten screwed by EA in one or more of the myriad ways EA fucks over their customer base on a regular basis. Their vote is legitimate as well. Not veryone sees everything on a global scale; many people rate things based on how those things affect them personally. Which is why, incidentally, I voted for EA again...

But that's the thing...while EA may be doing things that you may not like (see: Dungeon Keeper et al), it doesn't make them the 'worst' by any regard as they are not a pervasive entity in the sense that you don't need to do business with them. While you may not take part in a particular bank, you are still directly affected by them due to their influence over various aspects of our life that are impossible to avoid.

When people vote for a game company in this it makes me think that they don't need to worry about retirement, mortgages, or other bills...stuff that directly affects the livelihood of people and not just a source of entertainment.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 24, 2014, 20:30 DarkCntry

Honestly I still don't think that that poll is anything more than a joke. I mean saying that a game company with, at worst, a capitalistic mentality is worse than banks screwing people over out of their homes, large-scale companies foregoing safety and dumping millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf, and then the multitude of other companies out there that are actually causing physical harm on people is rather stupid.  

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
20. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 01:41 DarkCntry

entr0py wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 00:59:
Woo! Titanfall hijacking!

What I don't get is how PC gamers could be fine with a multiplayer limit of 12 players, no server browser and always online "single player" DRM. If this were Battlefield, Call of Duty or Sim City it would be ripped apart for those shortcomings.

I do like the concept though. I think I'll buy it at about $20, and hope the next one overcomes some of the classic PC gaming blunders.
Wait, last I saw, Titanfall didn't have a single player experience outside of the tutorials...did I miss something?

News Comments > Free Company of Heroes 2 DLC
2. Re: Free Company of Heroes 2 DLC Feb 18, 2014, 20:05 DarkCntry

It's actually
http://store.steampowered.com/app/260311/ for the 'contest' DLC

News Comments > Rabbids Film Plans
6. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 17:13 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 16:29:
Is this Rabbids thing British or something? Never heard of it. And live-action/animation? Ugh. Only film that ever pulled that off decently was The Incredible Mr. Limpet.

Roger Rabbit would like to have words with you.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patch
19. Re: Battlefield 4 Patch Dec 10, 2013, 05:55 DarkCntry

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 03:24:
Recon UAV drone you can throw (it's a mini plane) can roadkill people.. yes, a 50cm paper thin mini drone can kill people flying into them...

And those that get "runover" by one deserve it, as it takes a total of one hit from ANY weapon to actually destroy it...and not to mention that anyone actually paying attention will hear/see it coming.

Recon U-CAV can kill tanks with 0 counter measures in 2 hits, first hit imobilizes, infinite ammo, TV missile grade damage to carry around and spam... DICE AT THEIR BEST... the go-to-spam-attilery-of-choice in all matches... once DLC unlocks for everyone the game will become an unplayable glitch-fest again. Awesome.
Not sure if you've actually tried to fly the UCAV, unless you're standing about 10m from a vehicle, the battery dies...it also controls like the scout helicopter if it had been on a bender of speed and red bull.

For the most part, the 'reload' of these two items also is very prohibitive, not to mention that like the Supports mortar, it requires the player controlling them to be quite susceptible to attack.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patch
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Patch Dec 9, 2013, 22:48 DarkCntry

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 22:26:
I seem to still get crashes after 4-5 rounds; I assume it's some sort of memory leak. Hopefully that's the crash they are talking about, because EVERYBODY seems to get that one eventually.

Outside of those server crashes losing the points that everyone experienced when the game launched I have had only a handful (see: maybe 5) actual system-based crashes.

I am seriously not sure what I am doing right, but I'm glad it's working.

I7-3770k
Win8 (pre and post-8.1)
16GB
HD7970 (using 13.10 Cats)

News Comments > Wil Wheaton Joins Broken Age
3. Re: Wil Wheaton Joins Broken Age Dec 6, 2013, 22:28 DarkCntry

Loving the collection of magazines next to the iMac...from Playboy and GQ to Highlights.

Talk about interesting ranges.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 5, 2013, 18:17 DarkCntry

Denthor wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 17:57:
Huh, they are allowed to play other games they are just not allowed to promote it -- IE Stream it. BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

You're missing the point, as was pointed out, queue times for the ones that would be sponsored by Riot are obnoxiously long. Many of these times can reach into half-hour bouts or longer, and while you're streaming you're stuck with two options, either sit there and watch the queue timer tick away which generally gets boring for the viewers who then leave, or shut down stream.

Most of these players find themselves using streaming as a source of income, and if they aren't streaming it's highly improbable that the deal Riot makes with them will cover all of their costs, so they are finding themselves without content to stream simply because Riot cannot piece together a feasible solution.

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 5, 2013, 17:40 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 17:30:
oh noes, how terrible.

E"Sports" gamers like to pretend they're athletes, but when asked to adhere to the same stipulations ACTUAL athletes have to adhere to, they whine like the whaaambulance.

Suck it up or get out of your contract. This is called being sponsored, and that's what sponsors demand in exchange for giving you ridiculous amounts of money to play a fucking VIDEOGAME.

The thing is this though, with athletes in other sports it is rare for them to be banned from playing other types of sports, albeit playing other types of sports while you're playing you're hired role is difficult, but that's the thing...

The issue with this contract is that it's a haphazard attempt to limit exposure of players that Riot finds 'worthy' to sponsor from streaming any of the games listed ever.

You don't hear baseball players getting fined because they were playing football do you? Or basketball players playing baseball...

The point is this, stop hiding behind some stupid reasoning and say "hey, if you want to be sponsored by us, you're only going to be allowed to stream what we want you to stream".

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
25. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2013, 17:16 DarkCntry

Pigeon wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 16:11:
I've just been using broadcast TV for the last 5-6 years. Even after eliminating the Spanish and Asian language channels, and the religious ones, there are 25+ channels to choose from. Most of it is crap, but its free crap as opposed to paying $80 a month for crap.

My biggest issue with cable TV...

The mass abundance of channels that are really nothing but reskins of the same channel, IE the 900 sports channels where 3-4 are showing the exact same things, the 900 news channels which are really just the exact same channel with a few different names, the massive amounts of Spanish channels (seriously, have a different package for these), the ass-ton of religious channels....

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 5, 2013, 16:44 DarkCntry

The problem with that contract is that, one, it's not specific and a lot of the banned entries aren't even the correct games.

Two, there's at least one game on there that can no longer be played, there's a few games on there that have, maybe, 10 people playing, and there's several very old games that you'd be luckier to find a pot of gold than other players.

Three, several of the games aren't actually competitors to LoL, and they don't even name one that is a major competitor. You ban all of Blizzard's games EXCEPT Heroes of the Storm?

Four, a good portion of those games aren't even in the same genre, let-alone of the same model as LoL.

News Comments > DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs
27. Re: DICE Pauses All Future Projects for BF4 Repairs Dec 5, 2013, 01:14 DarkCntry

Not one to argue for DICE or EA, but honestly outside of the first few days of release I haven't had too many issues with the game.

I'm beginning to think I'm like a rare unicorn or something seeing as this isn't the first game where people describe massive issues happening and they haven't cropped up on my end.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups
10. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups Nov 9, 2013, 10:53 DarkCntry

Ventura wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 05:43:
It's not a bad game, but something tells me there are more of me around than there are of you

That's what a lot of people thought about WoW too...where are we today?

News Comments > Next Mass Effect Teases
27. Re: Next Mass Effect Teases Nov 8, 2013, 11:27 DarkCntry

Quinn wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 01:27:
No idea how ppl could get into that. Why should I give a shit about destroying blackmail data for person A and killing a druglord in another sidequest? Why would I give a shit about stopping the Adolf Hitler of the Mass Effect universe? The whole universe is getting fucked by Shepard and the Reapers anyway. Knowing this certainty kinda removes the will to live in that world or try to fix it.

I don't know, it didn't stop people from playing Knights of the Old Republic, it didn't stop people from playing The Walking Dead, and it sure as hell didn't stop people from playing the various Lord of the Rings games.

The point is simple, even if you know how the world will ultimately 'end up', doesn't mean that you cannot have an enjoyable experience in the same setting.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Nov 6, 2013, 04:34 DarkCntry

Krovven wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 00:52:
New system sucks. Copy and pasting the serials to friends was so much simpler.

I agree, but I also see the reason behind this...it's to keep people from buying these games and reselling them for full-price, making a massive profit at the sake of the publishers offering the games and HB itself.

Stupid people ruin it for the good people.

506 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo