Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 583 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 5, 2015, 18:13 DarkCntry

Gib007 wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 12:54:
To me, Samsung sold out to Apple's style with the non-removable battery and no MicroSD card slot of the Galaxy S6. Couple this with Samsung's INSANELY slow updates to Android (April 2015 and I'm still using Android 4.4.4 on my Galaxy Note 4!), and my Galaxy Note 4 is probably my last Samsung phone, much as I love the S Pen.

NEXT is NEXUS.

Aren't the carriers responsible for the update pushes? I mean, my Note 4 is using 5.0.1...and I generally get one ever other month, but it's from AT&T.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com Internet Speed Testing
13. Re: GOG.com Internet Speed Testing Apr 5, 2015, 06:04 DarkCntry

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 01:44:
Rigs wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 01:37:
.not to mention the $7.95 PER HOUR price after the 'complimentary' 10 hours for signing up) and ol' CompuServe

=-Rigs-=

Which means we had stupid people like you feeding money to retarded criminal price gouging businessmen. It doesn't mean you're awesome, it means you are stupid with money just as the Steam/MMO/F2P drm loving masses.

Wow, that escalated quickly....

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 24, 2015, 12:47 DarkCntry

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 12:05:
InBlack wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:54:
You mean the ones that the US government (through the CIA) sold to the Mujahedeen & the Taliban in Afghanistan to fight the Soviets? Yep everyone needs to know about those.

Having some Stingers would go great with those tanks they've been selling to rural police stations.

Here I thought you were talking about an M1A series or something, all I see is an armored transport...not even armed. It's almost like click-bait that actually worked on someone. Rolleyes

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2015, 02:35 DarkCntry

Wraith wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 01:12:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 22:04:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 20:21:
I've been itching for a fun Space-based game to enjoy but I'm not in the market to give Gearbox any kind of money so I might look more in to Elite Dangerous and gift myself a joystick for my Birthday on Tuesday.
Yeah let's not reward a company when they do something right.
It crashes randomly all over the fucking place. They didn't do anything right - Gearbox is still fucking Gearbox.

Not sure where people are having these issues, the two friends and myself who have this game completed HW1 with no script errors or game crashes. The ONLY thing that has happened is the known one about if you capture the carrier early in the game, it doesn't get a build menu until you build your own carrier.

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2015, 05:17 DarkCntry

DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 03:25:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 21:34:
Can someone really tell me why they are so worked up over the DLC plan of Evolve since it's really nothing more than cosmetics and post-release additions?

Isn't this what most people WANT from DLC?

It feels like they spent too much time scheming on ways to incorporate DLC into their game and not enough time on producing a sold, fun game to play.

The game may be fun for a select few but it's no where near hitting the mark of a $60 AAA title.

Steam has me sitting at 36 hours of play time...I'm still finding entertainment value. I just don't see the issue here, it's really no different than games of similar vein in terms of game play style. The only thing I'd say is an issue is that a lot of people might be turned off with the hunting aspect and the inherent downtime involved.

As for the DLC, I really don't see the problem with it, it's currently nothing more than cosmetics and the add-on of the 4 extra hunters and monster are post-release content...

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2015, 23:39 DarkCntry

Darks wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 23:05:
Oh, you can bet they shut him down because he was free, and now they will release their own character generator system and charge you for it. This is backstabbing at its best.

They *had* a character generator a couple years ago, but discontinued it. Not entirely sure that reasoning has much merit in it.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 21:34 DarkCntry

Can someone really tell me why they are so worked up over the DLC plan of Evolve since it's really nothing more than cosmetics and post-release additions?

Isn't this what most people WANT from DLC?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2015, 20:22 DarkCntry

PropheT wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 20:01:
ASeven wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 15:41:
Surprised WotC survived D&D 4th Ed. That is by far the worst D&D in history. 5th Edition is having low sales now because people no longer trust them.

I was going to comment on this and say that it was a shame since 5th ed is outstanding, but when I went to find out information about the sales I couldn't find anything that suggested that they were having low sales. Most of what I saw actually says the opposite.

As someone who's played D&D since first edition, and pre-Advanced (Hipster tax paid), I had no qualms with 4th. Yes, it was easier to play, but it was also a lot more engaging towards those of us who didn't feel like spending another 8 months just min-maxing a character and have a binder of 30 pages of stats.

It also allowed D&D to get more attention, which meant more groups playing. Couple that with the Encounters program, it meant that D&D finally got out of the basement and back into social environments. I also know that back when 4th came out the store I frequented saw (and no hyperbole here) an 1000% increase in D&D merch sales simply because it became more accessible.

In this case, even with what the character creator's author states, I don't think WotC had much in the way of avenues to allow the venture with regards to protection of the IP...which is also why I think he stated on the page that he's working with WotC to see what the options are going forward.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
31. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 20, 2015, 14:32 DarkCntry

I remember people getting upset with Gearbox last year over their Community Day stream, which had you paying $20 and getting this with it...

Old BN thread

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Feb 18, 2015, 01:46 DarkCntry

mag wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 01:39:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 22:24:
Any of you guys that bought the Sega bundle, how much do you like/hate the interface? Reading some of the Amazon reviews, apparently the interface is terrible?

The interface is atrocious.
I agree, but a small price to pay for such a, well, small price.

News Comments > Evolve Skin Costs Tallied
19. Re: Evolve Skin Costs Tallied Feb 12, 2015, 13:01 DarkCntry

Omni wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 09:54:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 20:21:
Omni wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 20:18:
It astounds me people give these fucks money.

It really is, people don't value of money and common sense.
Its been taking a turn for the worse ever year with DLC and what not but people still jump on the retard wagon every time.
Might want to take a look in the mirror...you're complaining about fucking optional and totally non-game-changing skins.

Might want to get the point of this whole deal but you should support them really I am pretty sure there is roo for you in the wagon.

Hey, I'm not the one going batshit insane for them charging for something that has no impact on the game...but yea, keep on fighting the good fight.

13. Re: Evolve Skin Costs Tallied Feb 12, 2015, 00:56 DarkCntry

Slick wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 21:43:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 20:21:

Its been taking a turn for the worse ever year with DLC and what not but people still jump on the retard wagon every time.
Might want to take a look in the mirror...you're complaining about fucking optional and totally non-game-changing skins.

i couldn't care less if there was $1300 worth of DLC skins available. If people want to part with their money like that, then that's up to them, it doesn't change the core experience.

unfortunately keeping 4 hunters and 1 monster hidden behind paid DLC ON DAY ONE is exactly the kind of bullshit that doesn't deserve my patronage.

at the end of the day, how people wanna spend their money is no one's business than their own. but i think that there's some confusion as to what constitutes "bad DLC". and needs straightening out.

in short: anything that cuts out part of the game and hocks it on the side as day-one paid DLC. that is unacceptable. it's a crooked way of doing business when they carve up the product to pinch pennies. and i think that it's obvious when a game is doing that. on the other hand, they can charge $500 for horse armor all they want, if it's not affecting anyone's game, then go nuts. there's a sucker born every minute. and frankly if you're looking for a game to play, the people who compulsively buy $500 horse armor are paying for most of the development of said game. same idea of how F2P works. you can mock people spending money on overpriced cosmedic items all you want, but they're directly supporting a game we all enjoy. they should be praised.

FYI: Neither the 4 hunters nor the 1 monster are day 1 DLC...

4. Re: Evolve Skin Costs Tallied Feb 11, 2015, 20:21 DarkCntry

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
61. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 15:27 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:26:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:24:
Really nin, I thought better of you.

And you as well, believe me.

Still waiting for the reasoning behind the outrage. Are pretty blue shirts and a slightly different shade of monster that big of a deal for you that you have to go all rabid dog level of stupid?

59. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 15:25 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:25:
Here! I made you my first DLC! It's $14.99! I hope you like it!

http://imgur.com/tR1AMRk

Look, I can image macro too!

http://imgur.com/dJUftHv

57. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 15:24 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:18:
You bought into this horseshit the moment you gave them money. You rewarded their stupid fucking behavior with $100. $100! You could have bought some good booze with that, or put it towards a pc upgrade, but instead you bought Evolve! Holy fuck! Can you give me $100, too?!?! I'll even draw you some pictures in mspaint!

Really, that's your argument? I rewarded them for what I said I did, if you wish to apply this to your continued tirade about something with zero impact, so-be-it.

They nickel and dime everything, and to you, that's A-OK. You are part of the problem. You reward stupidity with money, allowing schemes like this to continue.
OMG, THEY NICKLE AND DIMED ME FOR SKINS WHATEVER SHALL I DO IF I DON'T GET A BLUE SHIRT ON MY TRAPPER!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

I bought the $100 game. One, to get everything in one simple package

Except you didn't. You got played, and now you defend them.

Got played? I paid $100 for the game, season pass, and the extra monster...

As for defending them? No, not really, I'm really more about, you know, logic thought processes. Your argument is that they have $135 of DLC skins which somehow means that TRS is totally fucking over gamers.

Really nin, I thought better of you.

55. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 15:09 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:06:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:04:
nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:01:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 14:58:
nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 14:50:
If you gave these fucks a penny, you're part of the problem.

I have them 10,000 pennies...I like being part of the problem. But hey, when you don't have a leg to stand on, might as well just go ahead and strawman, right?

I hope they at least gave you some lube...but I'm sure that's extra as well.

Really nin, I expected better than Cutter-level strawman. You still have yet to argue why it's a bad thing that they sell cosmetics that have no effect on the actual game.

I'm not the one who spent $100 on a dlc fest. If there's anyone that should be explaining their actions, it's you.

Disgusting.
I explained my actions already, quite a few posts back when someone asked.

Here, I'll explain again, I had some disposable income, I've played since the jank Alpha and when I saw improvement in the last beta I bought the $100 game. One, to get everything in one simple package, and two, to actually support a studio that I saw was actually improving things.

Have I purchased any of the cosmetics? Nope. Do I really want any of the cosmetics outside of the stuff I already have in the package I purchased? Nope.

So yea, again tell me what's disgusting about it? Oh yea, again the gamer 'community' have nothing better to do but to go all bukake-level circle jerking over the perceived slight TRS has done with a bunch of cosmetic skins.

53. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 15:04 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:01:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 14:58:

I have them 10,000 pennies...I like being part of the problem. But hey, when you don't have a leg to stand on, might as well just go ahead and strawman, right?

I hope they at least gave you some lube...but I'm sure that's extra as well.

Really nin, I expected better than Cutter-level strawman. You still have yet to argue why it's a bad thing that they sell cosmetics that have no effect on the actual game.

Wonder what it would cost to buy all the champs from LoL with skins, or DOTA2, or WoW's pets and mounts?

51. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 14:58 DarkCntry

49. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 14:49 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 14:36:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 13:33:
Quinn wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 06:44:
In all other cases I'd agree that this isn't fair. In this case, though, I strongly feel "serves them right!". Those motherfuckers -- yes, I'm angry about it -- release an expensive game with not enough content -- this is an opinion shared by many if not most reviewers! -- and fine their customers heavily (15 euros for 1 extra monster? go fuck yourself, filthy pigs!) for future content? Boycott the hell out of that shit. Hard.

So, yeah, let those alpha/beta testers write their negative reviews. By all means.

Not enough content? What is it that you expect? You get 4 hunters for each role, 3 monsters, 16 maps, 5 game modes, a pretty decent custom game system for just the base game.

Cry more man, really...$15 for a monster is fine as long as the mechanics to back it up are there, and if the currently-released monsters are to gauge it on, it's there. After-fucking-all, people pay $40 for a pack of maps for a game that I'm sure takes a level designer all of a week to fully develop from ground-up.

If you don't think the monsters are worth it for $15, then don't buy them...fuck people, you make it sound like that if it is released YOU MUST BUY IT. Stop sounding so fucking entitled.

Evolve has more than $130 worth of DLC not covered by its season pass.

That's why people are pissed.

Cosmetics...yea...such a MASSIVELY BIG DEAL AMIRITE?!

583 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo