Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 594 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce Driver Hotfix
13. Re: GeForce Driver Hotfix Jun 27, 2015, 20:06 DarkCntry

The only issue I have had recently with Nvidia has been the last twwo driver revisions were having hard driver crashes on the 980GTXs...which seem to occur because the fans weren't operating correctly or something, which meant the card heated up faster than the fans were spooling and resulted in a sudden down-voltage of the card to compensate, or something...

Since the Arkham Knight-ready release, I've not had any issues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
41. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 01:35 DarkCntry

Trevellian wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 00:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:11:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:10:
Ranger55 wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:28:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:01:
Game runs perfectly fine for me on a 980GTX and an old i7 3770k.
I feel sorry for the people who are having issues but I've been enjoying every minute of the game.

Same here. Running everything turned up @ 1080p without any issues. 980GTX on an old Phenom II 970 w/ 16GB of RAM running Win7.

My streak of being a golden unicorn that shits rainbows continues, I haven't had an issue one with the game running 1080p/60-ish (ish only cause it runs average 80) for 21 hours. 980GTX, 5930K, and 16GB RAM...

Maybe it's the 16gb of ram???

Actually from what I'm hearing, and if you watch TotalBiscuits Port Report it may have to do with HDD's. It seems some of it may be an issue stemming from mechanical drives not being able to keep up with streaming the city. I dunno about Ranger or DarkCntry but I do have mine installed on an SSD and as I said I get no stuttering and can speed through the city at full speed in the Batmobile no problem.

Installed on a 6TB WD Red, granted for use in NAS boxes, but alas, totally a mechanical drive. Despite having a fairly beefy SSD, I rarely install things other than the OS on it simply due to old habits.

28. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 24, 2015, 21:40 DarkCntry

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:11:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:10:
I feel sorry for the people who are having issues but I've been enjoying every minute of the game.

Same here. Running everything turned up @ 1080p without any issues. 980GTX on an old Phenom II 970 w/ 16GB of RAM running Win7.

My streak of being a golden unicorn that shits rainbows continues, I haven't had an issue one with the game running 1080p/60-ish (ish only cause it runs average 80) for 21 hours. 980GTX, 5930K, and 16GB RAM...

Maybe it's the 16gb of ram???

I wouldn't expect it to matter that much considering the issues people seemingly have.

25. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 24, 2015, 21:10 DarkCntry

News Comments > Coaster Park Becomes Planet Coaster
3. Re: Coaster Park Becomes Planet Coaster Jun 17, 2015, 05:14 DarkCntry

Slick wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 02:20:
dean hall presenting this was hilarious, he forgot his lines, even though he has like 5, was stuttering and mumbling and looking at his feet.

i lol'd

You mean David Braben...Dean Hall is doing ION and formerly of DayZ fame.

That said, Braben is well-known to not be good talking in front of large groups, he usually sends a lackey to do it.

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
21. Re: DAYZ Creator Announces ION Jun 17, 2015, 05:08 DarkCntry

I have to wonder if people realize that Dean Hall hasn't worked on DayZ in quite some time and that it has all been internal at Bohemia. By the sheer amount of vitriol being thrown around it would seem unlikely though.

Hell, I think he left Bohemia before standalone DayZ even went into early access.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 in December
12. Re: Just Cause 3 in December Jun 16, 2015, 21:29 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 21:22:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 21:05:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 20:45:
Looking almost a little too over the top gimmicky now but nothing I wouldn't buy for $5 during a Steam sale.
If I didn't know you, I'd think you'd been living under a rock and not know a damn thing about Just Cause...but since I do know you, I just know you're a complete moron.

HAHAHA, look sweetheart, I've played both previous games extensively and I know very well what I'm talking about. Still, to me it looks like they are taking the grappling hook crap a little too far now. There is a point when ridiculous fun turns into overdone fun and this might be it from the looks of it.
Also looks more like JC 2.5. Where is the genuinely new stuff except MOAR AWSUM explosions for the simpletons? I'm betting the KBM controls on PC will suck again, too. Thus -> $5 game. Nuff said.
Let me take a portion from your advanced critique book...

Shit.Next.

Now, let me expound....
Just Cause has ALWAYS been about over-the-top bullshit, whether it be from the setting, the story, or just general gameplay...cause it's just normal to have an infinite amounts of parachutes on your back.

"Took the grappling hook crap a little too far..."? Looks to me to be completely inline with the previous games.

Asking where's the new stuff while ignoring the change in the use of the chute and the inclusion of the wingsuit. Making almost everything destructible to the point you can take out entire bridges. Improving on the hook allowing you to control just how much tension is used when attaching two things...yea, nothing new here.

So yea...you're a complete moron.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 in December
4. Re: Just Cause 3 in December Jun 16, 2015, 21:05 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 20:45:
Looking almost a little too over the top gimmicky now but nothing I wouldn't buy for $5 during a Steam sale.
If I didn't know you, I'd think you'd been living under a rock and not know a damn thing about Just Cause...but since I do know you, I just know you're a complete moron.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
41. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 16, 2015, 17:53 DarkCntry

InBlack wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 02:28:
No gameplay. Telling? Probably, because the Witcher3 makes this game look like space putty for toddlers.

Give them some credit in how they announced it now and have no intention to releasing it until the end of next year. That is probably why there is no gameplay footage.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
17. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 17:39 DarkCntry

Well, based upon the profiles of the shadows, they appear to be Protheon...couple that with the spires it seems to be that we're seeing Mass Effect follow the Halo route and fighting our predecessors directly. There's also a chance the profiles are more Turian in their armor, but I don't know.

It looks entertaining, I'll say that, but I will temper my excitement until more is known.

News Comments > Tabletop Simulator & Superfight DLC Released
3. Re: Tabletop Simulator & Superfight DLC Released Jun 6, 2015, 20:28 DarkCntry

Axis wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 12:49:
I never saw the appeal, but hey guess not everyone has board games in their cupboard these days...
I just recently moved and my core group of friends and I still play games via TableTop Simulator...I think it's a pretty good thing to have when you miss just playing with them regularly.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 5, 2015, 18:13 DarkCntry

Gib007 wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 12:54:
To me, Samsung sold out to Apple's style with the non-removable battery and no MicroSD card slot of the Galaxy S6. Couple this with Samsung's INSANELY slow updates to Android (April 2015 and I'm still using Android 4.4.4 on my Galaxy Note 4!), and my Galaxy Note 4 is probably my last Samsung phone, much as I love the S Pen.

NEXT is NEXUS.

Aren't the carriers responsible for the update pushes? I mean, my Note 4 is using 5.0.1...and I generally get one ever other month, but it's from AT&T.

News Comments > GOG.com Internet Speed Testing
13. Re: GOG.com Internet Speed Testing Apr 5, 2015, 06:04 DarkCntry

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 01:44:
Rigs wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 01:37:
.not to mention the $7.95 PER HOUR price after the 'complimentary' 10 hours for signing up) and ol' CompuServe

=-Rigs-=

Which means we had stupid people like you feeding money to retarded criminal price gouging businessmen. It doesn't mean you're awesome, it means you are stupid with money just as the Steam/MMO/F2P drm loving masses.

Wow, that escalated quickly....

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 24, 2015, 12:47 DarkCntry

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 12:05:
InBlack wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:54:
You mean the ones that the US government (through the CIA) sold to the Mujahedeen & the Taliban in Afghanistan to fight the Soviets? Yep everyone needs to know about those.

Having some Stingers would go great with those tanks they've been selling to rural police stations.

Here I thought you were talking about an M1A series or something, all I see is an armored transport...not even armed. It's almost like click-bait that actually worked on someone. Rolleyes

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2015, 02:35 DarkCntry

Wraith wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 01:12:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 22:04:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 20:21:
I've been itching for a fun Space-based game to enjoy but I'm not in the market to give Gearbox any kind of money so I might look more in to Elite Dangerous and gift myself a joystick for my Birthday on Tuesday.
Yeah let's not reward a company when they do something right.
It crashes randomly all over the fucking place. They didn't do anything right - Gearbox is still fucking Gearbox.

Not sure where people are having these issues, the two friends and myself who have this game completed HW1 with no script errors or game crashes. The ONLY thing that has happened is the known one about if you capture the carrier early in the game, it doesn't get a build menu until you build your own carrier.

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2015, 05:17 DarkCntry

DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 03:25:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 21:34:
Can someone really tell me why they are so worked up over the DLC plan of Evolve since it's really nothing more than cosmetics and post-release additions?

Isn't this what most people WANT from DLC?

It feels like they spent too much time scheming on ways to incorporate DLC into their game and not enough time on producing a sold, fun game to play.

The game may be fun for a select few but it's no where near hitting the mark of a $60 AAA title.

Steam has me sitting at 36 hours of play time...I'm still finding entertainment value. I just don't see the issue here, it's really no different than games of similar vein in terms of game play style. The only thing I'd say is an issue is that a lot of people might be turned off with the hunting aspect and the inherent downtime involved.

As for the DLC, I really don't see the problem with it, it's currently nothing more than cosmetics and the add-on of the 4 extra hunters and monster are post-release content...

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2015, 23:39 DarkCntry

Darks wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 23:05:
Oh, you can bet they shut him down because he was free, and now they will release their own character generator system and charge you for it. This is backstabbing at its best.

They *had* a character generator a couple years ago, but discontinued it. Not entirely sure that reasoning has much merit in it.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 21:34 DarkCntry

Can someone really tell me why they are so worked up over the DLC plan of Evolve since it's really nothing more than cosmetics and post-release additions?

Isn't this what most people WANT from DLC?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2015, 20:22 DarkCntry

PropheT wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 20:01:
ASeven wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 15:41:
Surprised WotC survived D&D 4th Ed. That is by far the worst D&D in history. 5th Edition is having low sales now because people no longer trust them.

I was going to comment on this and say that it was a shame since 5th ed is outstanding, but when I went to find out information about the sales I couldn't find anything that suggested that they were having low sales. Most of what I saw actually says the opposite.

As someone who's played D&D since first edition, and pre-Advanced (Hipster tax paid), I had no qualms with 4th. Yes, it was easier to play, but it was also a lot more engaging towards those of us who didn't feel like spending another 8 months just min-maxing a character and have a binder of 30 pages of stats.

It also allowed D&D to get more attention, which meant more groups playing. Couple that with the Encounters program, it meant that D&D finally got out of the basement and back into social environments. I also know that back when 4th came out the store I frequented saw (and no hyperbole here) an 1000% increase in D&D merch sales simply because it became more accessible.

In this case, even with what the character creator's author states, I don't think WotC had much in the way of avenues to allow the venture with regards to protection of the IP...which is also why I think he stated on the page that he's working with WotC to see what the options are going forward.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
31. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 20, 2015, 14:32 DarkCntry

I remember people getting upset with Gearbox last year over their Community Day stream, which had you paying $20 and getting this with it...

Old BN thread

594 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo