Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 636 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups
3. Re: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups Feb 4, 2016, 20:18 DarkCntry

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 19:38:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 19:24:
Do we really care?...Well i dont...not my cup of tea but im sure others like it...
Why bother replying then? Idiot.

Cause then who'd know to call them a special little flower if they don't poke their noses in areas they don't really belong?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes
8. Re: AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes Feb 3, 2016, 12:44 DarkCntry

Parias wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:22:
KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 12:13:
Too bad tomb raider is interactive dumb down movie and not a real game.

What's wrong with it exactly? I haven't played the new one yet, but the last one was a pretty fun experience. It had a couple of issues, but I rather enjoyed the gunplay and thought the storyline wasn't too bad. Even the exploration was fun (though I wish there had been a bit more of it).

Nothing is wrong with it, it's really iterative over the previous one, so if you liked it you should enjoy this one for similar reasons. There are a lot of cut-scenes, but nowhere near MGS4 level stuff.

News Comments > The Division Beta Filling Up
4. Re: The Division Beta Filling Up Jan 29, 2016, 22:20 DarkCntry

Not gonna lie, I'm surprised at how fun the game actually is despite it being so egregiously hobbled for the beta. Made DZ 12 and level 8, now I need to buy the yellows from the DZ safe house to see how they handle.

All-in-all, kinda glad I got it for $38 from GMG...

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Beta This Week
2. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Beta This Week Jan 26, 2016, 20:54 DarkCntry

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:10:
I bought a code for 75 cents Sorta sucks it's only 3 days.
If anyone else wants to team up during it you can friend my uplay name Cpt_Ranger.

I got a code for free via Nvidia, we'll see how it goes, my expectations are low but I'm interested.

News Comments > Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor
1. Re: Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor Jan 25, 2016, 19:55 DarkCntry

Not holding my breath, but if it does come to pass and it's just as good as Republic Commando, I'll be very happy.  

News Comments > Naval Action Early Access
2. Re: Naval Action Early Access Jan 21, 2016, 19:40 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 19:25:
Could be good. But $55...for an EA game? Hahahaha!

Uh, ok Cutter...0 for 2 on that.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
45. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 21, 2016, 03:18 DarkCntry

sdgundamx wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 02:59:
Hipster?!?! AHAHAHAHA!

If you knew me in RL you'd know I'm anything but a hipster.

But please continue to post your uninformed assumptions and pathetic rants at other people's inability to sympathize with your obsession in demonizing a woman who had the audacity to criticize some video games.

Your tears are delicious.

Is it really demonizing when the person in question is demonizing an entire userbase of a specific category? I mean, if she brings up Bayonetta as an example of the reason of her ire any more all she's going to do is further show that she is neither an actual feminist, nor anyone intelligent enough to actually research source material.

18. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2016, 15:04 DarkCntry

Quboid wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 14:53:
DarkCntry wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 14:29:
If you're talking about Quiet, then you really should look into the series before scapegoating it. Her attire is due to genetic modifications done to her, much like the rest of the whack-a-doodle Kojima-isms in the series.

That was Kojima's rational and it was insulting. Isn't "The End" another Kojima-ism? He's a character with the same genetic modifications yet I'm fairly sure he doesn't wear a bikini, do yoga for the camera, wraith around in the rain or generally act like a stripper.

That's an insult to my intelligence. I *am* above that sort of transparent titillation and Kojima's explanation is to treat us like gullible fools. Quiet, and that pathetic excuse, is exactly why this sort of thing exists and if seeing through such a feeble lie is pretentious smug douchebaggery, sign me up!

EVERY Kojima-created character has had some really whacked-out reasoning behind their actions/activities/attire/etc, I mean, this is a game series that contains a guy getting possessed by a cloned arm...Quiet is effectively Kojima's Poison Ivy in almost every way.

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Released
8. Re: Darkest Dungeon Released Jan 20, 2016, 14:30 DarkCntry

Moog wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 05:29:
Picked it up in the Steam sale and got a refund 30m later when I found there was no "out of combat" healing!

Ridiculous design decision which made it no fun at all!

Congrats, you have no actual comprehension of the game and the usage of food...or even the camp mechanic on larger excursions.

15. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2016, 14:29 DarkCntry

siapnar wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 14:14:
Christ harlock, you're such a douchebag

I see it's the cool thing to do to rag on this chick, but she does have a point in that video games over-sexualizing women. Some of the ways games cater to teenager or early twenties guys is truly pathetic.

For instance, that character in MGS. Dunno her name, never played the series

If you're talking about Quiet, then you really should look into the series before scapegoating it. Her attire is due to genetic modifications done to her, much like the rest of the whack-a-doodle Kojima-isms in the series.

As for the statement before the MGS one, shall we focus on some great works of art through the eons? You know, where most were overtly sexualized for the sole purpose of being sexual?

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Jan 20, 2016, 04:05 DarkCntry

Let's see...

I like how she doesn't talk about the naked Raiden bit in MGS2...

Or that Catwoman in the Arkham series is actually understylized from the Catwoman of the comics...

Or that you can actually get Batman's ass straight and center with minimal effort...

I mean, this is her MO in that she doesn't give balanced perspectives, but still, even this is so out-of-balance that it makes me wonder why she even tries.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 02:49 DarkCntry

Retired wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 21:43:
YouTube mega-star PewDiePie starts his own video network.

And no one with an above average IQ cared......to bad morons spend money and think dribble is funny.

There is some irony in that reply....

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
38. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 08:08 DarkCntry

If it's like the Xbone's version, they might have a discounted yearly option...

I think it's $5/mth or $30/yr on the Xbone....

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 11:27 DarkCntry

Shok wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:47:
Most annoying issue I have is not being able to fire weapons until a push off/elbow animation completes first. This happens every time I fire a weapon. Maybe it's a corrupted save but since all we get is a checkpoint save system I can't load anything earlier...

My only real issue is that whenever I start the game I have like an 80% chance that it creates a massive audio distortion/crackle that persists no matter what I do. Restarting the game has an ok chance of fixing it, but not guaranteed.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 25, 2015, 17:10 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 15:45:
DarkCntry wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 12:43:
Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:09:
Not a conspiracy, but it does seem fairly coincidental that MS (can) make(s) money off those settings.

Only one is an actual 'money maker' and that's the Ad ID one...even then that's pretty debatable. SmartScreen is basically malware 'protection', and Device Sync has absolutely no revenue potential.

Doesn't Device Sync do just that? Sync all your settings to all your devices? So they turn on the (alleged, I'll give you that) money makers, and then turn on Device Sync so the turning on of the alleged money maker gets synced to all your devices?

I don't really care one way or the other, but when it's such a specific set of settings that get turned back on, I'm not that eager to grab the "Oh, it was just a mistake." (Especially since it was the second or third such mistake of its kind in a row?)

I'm far more willing to believe that they try to sneak it through only to go "OOPS!" when the internet finds out again.

Device Sync does a few things, but it's not so much 'settings' that get synced but things like favorites/bookmarks/etc.

The thing is is if they were trying to be all about stealth-enabling revenue generators then they'd be best suited doing things that actually do the revenue stream. The Ad ID thing is a middle-man ID that they offer out for ads, it doesn't inherently offer anything identifiable to anyone.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 25, 2015, 13:02 DarkCntry

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 12:59:
I think rather than try to punish bad players they should look into designing games that reward players for teamwork. For example, they could track some kind of ratio of attempts at completing an instance over completions and reward the better cooperative players with goodies the others don't get.

Toxic players != bad players, they are players that make it difficult for others to enjoy the game if they aren't playing up to the Toxic player's own opinion of quality...so rewarding good playing doesn't help in this case.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: HuniePot Offers Koei $1 Million To Publish Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 In America Nov 25, 2015, 12:57 DarkCntry

McIntosh is either trying too hard at trolling, or is completely delusional. Either way, reading his last 24h of tweets has made my brain want to literally expel itself from my brain, create its own method of locomotion, and then evacuate this planet.

Honestly, the dude has started ripping on The Civil War teaser trailer as some form of 'masculinity violence brigade' bullshit. I'm not sure I could facepalm with enough force to show the level of total disbelief I have.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 25, 2015, 12:43 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:09:
Not a conspiracy, but it does seem fairly coincidental that MS (can) make(s) money off those settings.

Only one is an actual 'money maker' and that's the Ad ID one...even then that's pretty debatable. SmartScreen is basically malware 'protection', and Device Sync has absolutely no revenue potential.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 22, 2015, 10:18 DarkCntry

Kosumo wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 19:51:
Don't live in the UnitedPolice States of America

Or basically any other 1st World country....

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
26. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 13:25 DarkCntry

El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 13:21:
nin wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 13:03:
El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 12:56:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 12:23:
Still more wow than any other MMO to date.

But no longer wow enough to tell the public. This truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

I can't imagine any dev that wouldn't kill to have a game as successful as wow, even with it waning.

True! It's still a cash cow, although it is slowly going down. But it's kind of funny that ActiBlizz is trying to hide this. Whatever. Never played WoW and never will unless it will go free to play in its final phase.

I wouldn't say "hide" is the correct word, but obfuscate would be more apt. The reasoning behind this may be as simple as "we know our numbers aren't 10s of millions anymore, so instead of giving off the impression that the game is dying, we'll just stop announcing subscriber numbers".

636 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo