Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nathan

Real Name Nathan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nate
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2006, 15:34
Total Comments 286 (Amateur)
User ID 24272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
19. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - Stars II: Lords of Winter Oct 29, 2011, 09:19 Nate

Keep your money far away from SotS 2 for now. Its not really playable.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
15. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - Stars II: Lords of Winter Oct 28, 2011, 21:33 Nate

Its a 4x turn-based strategy game but the combat is 3D semi-realtime with fully realized ships. You "design" those ships with various sections, modules and weapons.

The strategic map is also 3D which you zoom in and out on to view the solar systems.

News Comments > CCP Layoffs
2. Re: CCP Layoffs Oct 19, 2011, 20:43 Nate

Well at least the management pulled there head out of their nether regions. Perhaps they will also realize they should make a PC version of Dust 514.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
3. Re: Morning Screenshots Oct 19, 2011, 19:54 Nate

Can't wait for SOTS2 to release later this month.  

News Comments > Project Zomboid Code Theft
25. Re: Project Zomboid Code Theft Oct 16, 2011, 22:52 Nate

LightAssassin wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 21:10:
Sounds like a group of people who have no idea how to manage themselves. I think they are in over their heads and should get somebody to be their business manager and PR person because they are awful at it.

They screwed up, and have done before (paypal issues and they were at fault, google checkout again with them at fault, and webhosting issues because they are too cheap). They talk about getting all these preorders and then complain about how expensive things are. By god did they do any budgeting, cost analysis or even simply check the price and requirements of what they need?

Not backing up was retarded on their behalf, and after people put their faith and prepaid for the game, they deserve the harsh words they are getting.

They claimed they had enough for 6 months development time from pre-orders, and then complain they don't have enough for their servers and everything associated with keeping them running. CDN setups are cheap via the big providers... this whole thing just appears so amateur.

True, true.

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
82. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 16, 2011, 07:59 Nate

Just finished Rage a few minutes ago. Played it a Hard difficulty and felt it was too easy.

When I could snipe, of course I'm gonna snipe. That did cost me money at the store for sniper rifle ammo. If the mobs get shot in the head, they will always stick their head out a second time. Kinda ruins it. Wish they had been a little smarter. Mobs should get sniper rifles too. I did like how they would use grenades.

Don't think I'll play through it again. Tired of invisible walls.

News Comments > Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers
57. Re: Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers Oct 2, 2011, 22:26 Nate

Why they are running a beta without Punkbuster on is curious.

A browser plug-in to provide VOIP is a bad idea.

Testing on a map without vehicles is very odd. You aren't testing half of the gameplay.

I really some type of auto-balance has been implemented in the full game. Most games I'm joining have one side with most of the experienced players and the other with a lot noobs.

News Comments > Planned Battlefield 3 Changes
26. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 06:43 Nate

Think this beta is more for them to test the server performance and battlelog stuff. They have patched the game a little. The Caspian limited testing made no sense.

The VOIP for BF3 has me puzzled. I play lots of pickup games and I'm not hearing anyone talking in game. VOIP seems like a complete screwed mess on an important part of playing a team based shooter.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage
4. Re: Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage Sep 26, 2011, 23:43 Nate

Guess beta invite will be tomorrow.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta "Still a Ways Off"
6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Sep 20, 2011, 07:08 Nate

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 01:02:
I've been following Firefall and I am now in the beta (starts tomorrow FYI)

If you have an extra beta invite, send one to me too.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta "Still a Ways Off"
2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta "Still a Ways Off" Sep 19, 2011, 22:44 Nate

I really hope not. Firefall is starting their beta. If PS2 releases a long time after Firefall, then it have a tough time grabbing players.  

News Comments > BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony?
6. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 15, 2011, 22:44 Nate

This simultaneous release stuff is idiotic enough without adding in simultaneous betas.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Details and Screenshots
9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Details and Screenshots Sep 15, 2011, 00:46 Nate

SOE has apparently always planned for this to be F2P. They just haven't decided exactly how they are going to do it. The devs have said that there won't be any pay-to-win at all.

Some of my favorite gaming memories are from the first PlanetSide. Tearing things up in the tank or the one man tank (Lightning).

Taking or defending the towers and bases could also be quite intense.

Can't wait for the beta which should be this year.

News Comments > Diablo III Lag-Free?
50. Re: Diablo III Lag-Free? Sep 14, 2011, 20:48 Nate

Interesting details in that IncGamer article. Looting can have lag. Combat does not generally have lag unless you have a big spike.

Seems entirely possible. Loot is generated on the server. Combat is hosted on the client and the server verifies the combat allowing some amount of time delay.

The loot is a key thing so that is on the server. You don't want people giving themselves free XP or doing extra damage so that has to be checked by the server.

News Comments > Diablo III Skill Calculator
1. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 13, 2011, 21:21 Nate

So much info its almost possible to taste the gameplay.

And yes, I don't care its online only.

News Comments > GameStop's Tablet Plans
7. Re: GameStop's Tablet Plans Sep 12, 2011, 22:04 Nate

EddieTheHack wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 21:54:
Its funny watching GameStop skitter around like an ant, too and fro, attempting to avoid the fate it is destined to fulfill. They really are grasping at any thread of relevance and screaming how much gamers need them, all the while viciously lashing out at their demographic like the petulant child they are. Good riddance Game Stop. You will not be missed. No tears will be shed. Your just another failed paradigm on the ash heap of history. Say hello to beta max for us.

GameStop bought Impulse. Their stores may go away slowly. As long as people buy from Impulse, they will still exist.

Selling their own brand of tablets does seem skitterish though.

News Comments > Space Force Constellations Revealed
2. Re: Space Force Constellations Revealed Sep 10, 2011, 15:44 Nate

Well that trailer was "interesting"?  

News Comments > Jupiter's Folly Beta Launches
4. Re: Jupiter's Folly Beta Launches Sep 8, 2011, 19:49 Nate

Dev wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 19:31:
Social type log in daily games are always after microtransactions that let you do more per day than normal.

Currently in a game now.

This isn't a social Facebook type game. No microtransactions. It has turns but your units move in real time. So its useful to check the map and react to things more frequently.

News Comments > 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders
12. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 7, 2011, 22:13 Nate

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 21:32:
Never played the first two, how does the Blue's crew rate the previous two incarnations?

Never played BF1 but sure played a heck of a lot of BF2 and BF2142. Bought Bad Company 2 but it wasn't for me.

Go play Battlefield Play4Free and see if you like it. Its almost identical to BF2.

Only thing I could compare the BF games to was Planetside. Planetside was much more massive than 32vs32. However, it got so outdated. Thats why Planetside 2 is hopefully going to be big.

News Comments > RAGE Specs
11. Re: RAGE Specs Sep 6, 2011, 22:03 Nate

I ordered a physical copy from NewEgg when they had a sale. How many CDs I'm wondering?

Surprised by the low graphic card requirements given how nice Rage looks.

286 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo