Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nathan

Real Name Nathan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nate
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2006, 15:34
Total Comments 286 (Amateur)
User ID 24272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
16. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 21, 2012, 21:20 Nate

This would makes sense if they are suffering from a lot of credit card fraud. People buying the game with stolen credit card numbers. Other retailers would obviously have to look out for themselves.

Or perhaps they are just giving themselves plenty of time even though it normally only takes a few hours to unlock.

Total guesses. Don't really care, stopped playing. Inferno Act 3 became too much like work, instead of staying fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
29. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 23:23 Nate

Trevellian wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 21:19:
Saw both of your posts and authorized you both Nate and Cutter. Nice to have some Blues Crew aboard.

Thanks double. Now just need the beta to start.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
26. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 19:33 Nate

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 16:47:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 15:43:
Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 15:24:
I know a lot of people hated T2 but I loved those 64 player mashups with vehicles and discs flying around everywhere. That game was technically a disaster in so many ways but when it worked, man it was fucking great.

C22 sounds like a lot of fun, I love outfits where the goal is just having a good time trying different things other than zerging.

We did a lot of things like this. Our original Claim to Fame on Konried server where our Tower of Power nights. Where we would go take a Tower in the middle of a fight between NC/Vanu where we didn't belong and see how long we could interrupt their battle. (Sometimes it was a half hour or more)

We also experimented with going to a locked continent, draining a base neutral in the middle of the continent to bring a fight to us and start the new continent that way (Instead of following the designated lattice lines)

We did the standard outfit things, ran Reaver nights and Armor Column nights. But the Spec Ops stuff we had the most fun with.

We became well known for doing random things like this and I truely hope Planetside 2 left room for this kind of gameplay.

More than welcome to come hang out with us, though right now until the beta starts it's mostly just a few of us playing BF3 or the original Planetside at night.

That sounds like a ton of fun, Drez. Seeing as I'm pretty insanely stoked for this game I've just registered on your forums and will applying because you guys sound like the sort of crew I could have a hoot with. And I'm super easy about roles/direction. Happy to play offense, support, whatever. In fact I'm thinking I'd quite like to play a medic.

Does sound like a fun clan. Applied on the C22 forum too.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Civilization V: Gods & Kings
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Civilization V: Gods & Kings Jun 19, 2012, 20:00 Nate

Was thinking of purchasing this expansion but recently bought Warlock - Master of the Arcane after playing the demo some time back.

Warlock is quite the fun turn based strategy. The AI is good! Let me repeat that, the AI definitely seems good! After so many other disappointments, this one has polished quality in abundance. $20 price too!

News Comments > M.U.L.E. Homage Kickstarter
12. Re: M.U.L.E. Homage Kickstarter Jun 19, 2012, 19:23 Nate

Never played the original but certainly have heard it talked about enough.  

News Comments > On BF3 Cheating
36. Re: On BF3 Cheating Jun 18, 2012, 17:43 Nate

That article was crap. I stopped playing when all that cheating hit BF3. Ruined too much of the play. Getting on servers that dealt with cheaters quickly was too much of a pain.

From what I read, DICE did way too much client side and BF3 will never have this cheating problem solved.

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
32. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 00:35 Nate

Blizzard went with the always online to work against having the same cheating that happened in Diablo 2. Its a little simplistic to call Diablo 3's always online aspect "DRM".

Its not clear from the translation if this was people duping items or some kind of game bug. There were posts on the game forum about having two of the exact same item drop off a mob. Which I had happen myself once.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week?
29. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 23:45 Nate

I think this is a good deal versus buying the DLC seperately. It will also reduce player base fragmentation.

Since I lost interest in BF3, doesn't really matter to me though. Perhaps if GW2 or Planetside 2 or the new XCOM weren't coming out.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials - XCOM Shooter Delayed
8. Re: Take-Two Financials - XCOM Shooter Delayed May 22, 2012, 23:41 Nate

With the other XCOM game by Firaxis releasing this year, I'd say this XCOM shooter is in a bad situation.

Probably make more sense to just cancel it. The info and pictures on this game didn't thrill.

News Comments > Diablo III Auctions Detailed
24. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 22:58 Nate

I would suspect that Blizzard will lower the fees if this turns into a big money maker. They are trying something new for them. How can they know what it should be priced. If nobody uses the real-money AH, all the money they sunk into it will be wasted.  

News Comments > Leaked Valve Employee Handbook?
5. Re: Leaked Valve Employee Handbook? Apr 21, 2012, 14:55 Nate

Read that whole handbook. Can see why it takes new employees a year to get used to the lack of management.  

News Comments > Nekro Kickstarter
4. Re: Nekro Kickstarter Apr 13, 2012, 12:55 Nate

I think the gameplay sounds interesting and the concept art is very cool.

However, the current murky in-game visuals they are showing remind me of WoW which isn't a good thing. Its a turn off. If the game graphics more closely mirrored the concept art then I'd possibly put money towards it.

Hope they make there 100k goal.

News Comments > Valve Confirms Hardware Plans
27. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 12:45 Nate

rist3903 wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 12:26:
I thought I heard that it was going to be a peripheral that would monitor various aspects of the player such as heart rate and perspiration that would then feed back into a director type ai to adjust the gaming experience.

I did not get the impression that this was going to be a standalone console type product, but rather something you plugged into your PC.

Thats something new. Haven't heard this speculation myself. If Valve developed a real cheap bluetooth wristband that did this. They could sell.

Since it isn't "me-too mice and gamepads", perhaps a really fancy controller? Or maybe a Windows based touchpad for gaming. So many possibilities. Just hope this doesn't distract them from creating new PC games.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
51. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 19:36 Nate

Jdrez wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 12:49:
Meh. This ain't gonna be a game changer, sorry.

I'm done with MMORPGs until someone gets rid of hot-bar combat. Watching cooldown meters is fucking boring.

Why someone can't make an MMO version of Skyrim is beyond me. If I could play that game co-op with friends online I'd never stop playing.

No hot-bar combat? Well at least GW2 did away with tab targeting.

Planetside 2 and Firefall don't have hot-bar combat. Course they are MMOFPS games.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Plans
23. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 20:00 Nate

Have they stopped the cheaters yet? Stopped playing BF3 when that hit.

I'd also agree that built-in VOIP is a major stupidity. I play pick-up games and I'd use it if it was available. The browser plug-in VOIP doesn't cut it.

News Comments > Notch's Space Adventure Plans
13. Re: Notch's Space Adventure Plans Mar 18, 2012, 17:55 Nate

I wouldn't expect a space game with fancy graphics.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch in Certification
1. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch in Certification Mar 13, 2012, 22:10 Nate

Release the PC patch already. Users of the different platforms don't care that much.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
43. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 13, 2012, 19:04 Nate

Pfft, that Digital Deluxe is a rip off. 1/3rd higher price than the standard for stuff you won't care about in a month.  

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
22. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 10, 2012, 00:32 Nate

Cripes all the negative opinions here about D3. Your opinions are invalid as this will sell a zillion copies.  

News Comments > Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced
45. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 7, 2012, 19:47 Nate

I stopped playing BF3, tired of the maps. And the cheating is a turnoff. This announcement is saying to me that no new maps are coming anytime soon.  

286 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo