Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nathan

Real Name Nathan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nate
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 11, 2006, 15:34
Total Comments 288 (Amateur)
User ID 24272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 an MMORPG
8. Re: ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 an MMORPG Apr 27, 2010, 20:05 Nate

The combat description sounds wildly ambitious.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Earthrise Delayed
4. Re: Earthrise Delayed Apr 13, 2010, 20:53 Nate

Very little in depth info on this MMO. Looks interesting but where are the gameplay videos? How does the combat work exactly?  

News Comments > The Secret World Trailer
7. Re: The Secret World Trailer Mar 27, 2010, 09:39 Nate

If some of those snippets were actual combat, I'm not interested. The graphics do look very nice. However, the combat looked awkward with no physical interaction between the models.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away"
37. Re: Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away" Feb 23, 2010, 18:59 Nate

I'm guessing more than 64 on a server!  

News Comments > Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended
2. Re: Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended Feb 12, 2010, 22:38 Nate

They haven't even offered a signup for the monthly subscription yet.

However there are lots of forum posts saying that currently, the monthly subscription isn't worth the money.

Me? I started playing Bioshock 2.

News Comments > PC BioShock 2 Widescreen & Gamepad Issues
14. Re: PC BioShock 2 Widescreen & Gamepad Issues Feb 10, 2010, 13:41 Nate

I have a 16:10 widescreen and I thought it was a little off. Usually this type of thing will give me a headache while playing.

Loving BioShock 2 though. Best game I've played in a long while. The plasma's, tonics, customizeable weapons, hacking, scrounging loot. It has so many things.

News Comments > Global Agenda Launched
6. Re: Global Agenda Launched Feb 1, 2010, 16:56 Nate

Viranth wrote on Feb 1, 2010, 16:21:
Is it any good?

How does it compare to planetside?

Its not Planetside. Its quite similiar to TF2 but without the crits and 10 vs 10 matches. There are some fun, player vs environment, timed 4 man team maps you can do. Also a game type somewhat like L4D.

The AvA stuff you can read about on their website. The benefits to the monthly subscription are also clearly explained there.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II Not "The Standard 4x Sequel"
4. Re: Sword of the Stars II Not "The Standard 4x Sequel" Jan 29, 2010, 20:27 Nate

Video wasn't annoying. I really like all the improvements that they described they are making with this 2nd SOTS.  

News Comments > Elemental: War of Magic Delay
4. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 12, 2010, 22:42 Nate

That Feb 15 date must have been a mistake. The dev timelines that have been talked about don't even mention that date.  

News Comments > Global Agenda PvP Details
3. Re: Global Agenda PvP Details Jan 4, 2010, 19:17 Nate

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jan 4, 2010, 18:58:
10vs10 is not an MMO by my definition..
sure persistent stats, upgrades.. but I get that in Borderlands..and I get something damn close in CoD and upcoming BF BC 2.. with more people.. and -at least with BF BC 2.. dedicated servers.
I believe GA is peer to peer, or am i confusing that with another Persistent FPS (PFPS) thats going to fail-Huxley maybe?

really.. 10 vs 10.. really? come the hell on..

I hope to the FSM that blizzards next game is a real MMOFPS as polished as WoW is.

There is a beta for pre-orderers starting Jan 7th.

GA isn't peer to peer.

I wouldn't call GA a MMOFPS either. Its not a new Planetside. Its a FPS with some MMO aspects for subscribers. Doesn't mean that its not a heck of a lot of fun.

News Comments > Red Faction: Guerilla Patched
4. Re: Red Faction: Guerilla Patched Dec 22, 2009, 19:50 Nate

Seriously long wait. I gave up on this patch a while ago and deleted the game lol.

Ditto! One of my most worthless PC game purchases.

News Comments > EA Eyes GA, LA, and FL for New Studio
7. Re: EA Eyes GA, LA, and FL for New Studio Dec 21, 2009, 19:30 Nate

High taxes cause businesses to relocate. Just like it causes citizens to relocate.  

News Comments > Global Agenda Feb 1, Preorders Now
2. Re: Global Agenda Feb 1, Preorders Now Dec 15, 2009, 19:51 Nate

Its something of a MMO with instanced FPS combat. Visit the Hi-Rez link in the story for more info.

I'll probably subscribe if I like what they've done with the Alliance vs Alliance combat and if the the crafting isn't terrible.

News Comments > id: "RAGE Will Feel Like a True PC Game"
15. Re: id: Dec 7, 2009, 20:32 Nate

Eh, I'm not even sure what a true PC game is. The consoles are just poor man's PCs with shitty controls (for some genres) that results in horrible game castration in some cases.

We need to lose stuff like aggressive auto-heal, auto-crouch/cover, and auto-aim. Include configurable non-stupid key mappings. UI text that's not 40pt font size across the board. 4:3, 16:10 and 16:9 screen ratios that work properly. An at-my-will saving system (although this isn't a real issue for me honestly).

This post almost exactly describes my feelings after purchase of Red Faction Guerrilla, Borderlands and then Mass Effect. At least I got Mass Effect for only $10.

News Comments > Global Agenda Voice Communication Plans
2. Re: Global Agenda Voice Communication Plans Nov 10, 2009, 21:26 Nate

Not in the beta but there are plenty of gameplay videos. The quality of the FPS battles is reportedly very good.  

News Comments > Borderlands' Firm Street Dates
5. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 13:22 Nate

...or you could've just released the fucking thing along side the console versions instead of this asinine belief that the pirated PC versions would have cut into your all precious console sku.....

Oh yeah, you hit it right on the head.

News Comments > Borderlands' Firm Street Dates
3. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 13:21 Nate

This PC world wide release fixation is irritating. The digital downloads could have been up and playable days ago if not weeks ago.

So what that playing the digital downloads would be happening way before the boxes hit the shelves! More money will be made that way.

News Comments > Global Agenda Pricing Details
3. Re: Global Agenda Pricing Details Oct 20, 2009, 20:12 Nate

What freedom? You can either subscribe or not.

Non-subscribers seem to be getting a good value. Not sure if subscribing is worth it. Can always subscribe for an occasional month and then drop.

News Comments > Action Gaming and ADD?
12. Re: Action Gaming and ADD? Oct 13, 2009, 19:40 Nate

There are games that can improve your concentration abilities. Strategy and puzzle come to mind. Probably some other types too.  

News Comments > On PlanetSide Next
21. Re: On PlanetSide Next Oct 12, 2009, 11:07 Nate

Give me better graphics and slightly more content and I'm sold. Also, a little less capture/leave ..come back and recapture nonsense. Give us more incentive to stick out and play defense.. admittedly, i stopped playing 6 months after it was released so i dont have any idea what happened in the game.

Yeah the endless swarm capture a base, leave and then re-capture. Got kinda old after a few months. Enjoyed the action but then I started thinking, "I just helped capture this base yesterday!".

288 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo