Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Przemek

Real Name Przemek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Huzsar
Email przemp@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 30, 2005, 19:20
Total Comments 83 (Suspect)
User ID 24234

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch_Dogs in November
9. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 15:26 Huzsar

Since it's Ubisoft I wonder how long will they delay the PC version.

Here is part of Gamespy preview of Assasins Creed 3 that I found funny:
GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...

On PC the game was released on November 20th.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced
11. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game DLC Announced Dec 22, 2012, 10:36 Huzsar

siapnar wrote on Dec 21, 2012, 23:19:
I really want to try the expansions, is it worth upgrading to premium? $50 seems kinda high when I've already got BF3 limited edition with Back to Karkland
Get full premium edition, even though it includes the original game it's often on sale for $40 (I think Origin has that price now) but I saw it for $30 too, then you pretty much paying expansion pack price, and for that I think its worth getting 16 more maps.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm "99% Done"
32. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Jun 16, 2012, 09:41 Huzsar

Dades wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 09:08:
You make it sound like $40 is nothing. $40 is still more than half of the cost of a new title even if we use the $60 new title figure. It better have a lot of content.

If I remember correctly when original SC came out it was $50, which was pretty standard price for a new game in '98, and then when Brood war came out it was $30 (more then half of the price of the original) which was also a standard price for the expansion packs back in those days. So after 12 years of inflation for the prices to jump up $10. I would consider that to be not bad at all.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm "99% Done"
18. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Jun 16, 2012, 01:04 Huzsar

No, it does not have always online DRM, while you cannot play multiplayer without connecting you can still play Skirmish vs AI and Campaign without Internet connection, kinda like Steam (except unlike Steam off-line mode so far worked for me in SC2). You might not be able to play custom maps off-line either but I am not sure as I did not test that.  

News Comments > MS Flight for Free in Spring
15. Re: MS Flight for Free in Spring Jan 4, 2012, 13:32 Huzsar

Dev wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 10:13:
F2P is probably a good move for this franchise, so that it can get more of an audience. The audience for MS flight sim was never very large.

Actually I remember MS Flight Sim audience being quite large. I don't know if Microsoft ever announced how much of the Flight Sim X they sold but if I remember correctly they claimed the FS2000 version sold around 10 million.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch
2. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Nov 22, 2011, 14:54 Huzsar

If you are in US, Amazon has it for $16 right now on their download service.  

News Comments > Valve: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play "Our Goal
38. Re: Valve: Counter-Strike Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play "Our Goal Aug 19, 2011, 20:23 Huzsar

I guess this could work on PS3 but I think they should separate gamepad players and M+KB players. PS3 supports M+KB controls except all its games that I know of completely ignore that functionality, with exception of Unreal Tournament 3.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization May 17, 2011, 23:26 Huzsar

Awesome, my only 2 choices for Internet (that I'm aware of at least).  

News Comments > Dragon Age DRM Servers Down
18. Re: Dragon Age DRM Servers Down Apr 12, 2011, 22:07 Huzsar

wtf_man wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 21:33:
I'm guessing if your saved game had no DLC active... then yes... you didn't need to have the game logon to Bioware.

I was playing recently with DLC enabled and I can get into the game as long as I am logged off, it load fine with all the DLC I have. But if I log in the collectors edition, the quest that you get the golem, and the Wardens keep become unauthorized and wont let you load any older games. So I guess it only reauthorizes the DLC if you are logged in, at least for me.

News Comments > Shogun 2: Total War Trailer, Q&A
10. Re: Shogun 2: Total War Trailer, Q&A Jan 27, 2011, 14:18 Huzsar

Lokust wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 12:41:
The original Shogun: TW is by far the best game they've ever done. It was by no means a perfect game, but it was still a lot of fun. Everything they've done since then has gotten so much worse to the point where any CA game is on a 'wait and see' for me. If they can fix what was wrong in the original Shogun and update the graphics, it will be an amazing game. Do I think they can pull that off? Well, there's a reason I won't preorder it, but I will remain cautiously hopeful.

I think the first Medieval improved on the first Shogun quite well. They improved the AI a little, different nations were pretty unique with army, and I loved the glorious achievements, since it was about occasional expansion, but also building your country, instead of just conquer everything in sight that every other game in the series seems to be about.

I know for a lot of people Rome was their favorite Total War but to me the AI was too poor, with the enemy sending small stacks of units against you constantly, making for very boring battles, and the battles themselves consisted of the general running head on at you while the rest of his army was still long walk away. Medieval 2 fixed some of that stuff but still something was missing, like diplomacy, and still some AI issues. Empire had some other issues: the sieges were kinda broken, and the focus on guns with lack of melee made it kinda boring.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 23, 2010, 13:53 Huzsar

All platforms have very few must play games. It's really all about what each person is into. But I'm pretty sure PS3 exclusives did pretty well for themselves generally. I did not expect Heavy Rain would not go over half a million but it sold over double that. I do remember Valkyria Chronicles not doing that well, but it has its fallowing. Also speaking of it I really need to try out Demons Souls.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 23, 2010, 12:57 Huzsar

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 11:48:
To show you what I think of the PS3, I won one, and gave it away. The only thing it was good for was using as a blueray player and I have a far better one now.

Sure the online features are mediocre on the system but it still have a pretty good game library, especially for complementing the games on the PC, as opposed to 360 which has ton of cross over with either of the platform. So I kinda think you did a dumb thing to give it away. Uncharted, and God of War games are already worth keeping the system and there is many more good games to pick from.

News Comments > Dawn of War II - Retribution Announced
18. Re: Dawn of War II - Retribution Announced Aug 17, 2010, 20:29 Huzsar

Flatline wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 18:10:
Funny, "Cookie-cutter" is almost how I described Starcraft 2 to a T. After playing Company of Heroes and DoW2 I have found myself incredibly bored with single player SC2. It literally plays like an expansion pack from 1998, just with a pretty cutscene engine.

To me you might argue that Company of Heroes had a better campaign, missions were varied, the presentation was excellent, and the story worth fallowing. But DoW2 campaign has absolutely nothing on CoH or SC2 campaigns. The story was almost nonexistent, and the missions consisted of either walking trough pathways on the map, killing everything on the way to the boss fight at the end, or defend some location. This to me is "Cookie-cutter".

Sure SC2 has the older style of gameplay but I found each mission to be unique and fun. I got trough SC2 campaign and was satisfied, and while I enjoyed DoW2 and got the expansion, and will probably get this one too, I was disappointed with it after the excellence that was CoH (except Valor I got it for $10 and I still thought the content was severely lacking.) But even without CoH before it the DoW2 campaign was ok, but just not that interesting.

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
9. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Jun 12, 2010, 20:11 Huzsar

kxmode wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 19:09:
In other words Microsoft no longer has the power to give them permission.

True, Microsoft has no longer can give that permission, but they gave it when they had that power, and I highly doubt that the next owner of the license has the power to retroactively deny the mod from using it.

Think of it this way, if Epic licensed the use of its engine for some price to other developers, but then they decided to sell the rights to the engine to someone else, those contracts would not become invalid just because there is a new owner.

The MWLL dev team was given a right to use the Mechwarrior IP for this specific mod, and I doubt that Smith & Tinker can take it away from them, unless there were some other conditions in the contracts between all the parties that would allow them to do so.

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
5. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Jun 12, 2010, 18:11 Huzsar

kxmode wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 17:17:
Why did they do this?!
Because they could.
They should know better than call it MechWarrior!
Luckily they did know better.
You really think Tinker & Smith isn't going to have their lawyers come after them?
Yes.
Why didn't they call it BotWars or Robot Warrior?
Why should they if Microsoft gave them permission to use Mechwarrior license?

News Comments > MS Gaming Shakeup?
5. Re: MS Gaming Shakeup? May 25, 2010, 11:52 Huzsar

Surf wrote on May 25, 2010, 10:20:
100 to 1 Console sales vs. PC> Its over man, game fucking over.

You might wat to check your sources again. Back in a interview in march with Dice they claimed the biggest percentage of BC2 was on PC, at the time when they sold 2.3 million copies, and few weeks ago they reported the sales passed 5 million total sales, soo even if the PC sales totaly stopped it still would not reach 10 to one ratio, let alone 100 to one that you claim.

News Comments > Last Word on BioShock 2 DRM, For Now
7. Re: Last Word on BioShock 2 DRM, For Now Jan 22, 2010, 23:28 Huzsar

Selektaa wrote on Jan 22, 2010, 22:55:
So does this mean the bit about having to log into GFWL to save your game is out? That was one of the most annoying restrictions I've ever heard of.

From other GFWL games that I have that's how it works, and I agree it sucks. Basically you can create an online account for which you can only access while connected to the Internet, but with it you get achievements, online play, and the saves to that account. You should be able to create a offline account too but then you only get to save there, no online, nor achievements, the problem is that if you play the online account mainly and you loose the connection to the net, you will only be able to access your offline account, so in many cases be forced to start the game from the beginning.

If it's like Fallout 3 there might be a way around this by moving the save files to different directories but it is highly inconvenient and generally annoying to do.

News Comments > BioShock 2 DRM: 5 Install Limit
10. Re: BioShock 2 DRM: 5 Install Limit Jan 20, 2010, 20:35 Huzsar

If they are going to do it like the original and remove it in a year and don't mind loosing 90% of their revenue from me then that is fine. I refused to buy the first Bioshock until the limit was removed, and by then Steam had a sale on it for $5.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2010, 20:35.

News Comments > New DoW2 Chaos Rising Units
5. Re: New DoW2 Chaos Rising Units Jan 12, 2010, 23:12 Huzsar

Yifes wrote on Jan 12, 2010, 21:56:
The 40K mmo was announced back in 2007, to be released sometime in 2012.

OK, I did not hear of the 40k being made until now. Which I think EA should have done from the beginning instead of Warhammer Online, I didn't even get around to trying it since it seemed to me to much like WoW already and I was burned out on that, at least 40k would have that sci-fi spin going for it.

News Comments > New DoW2 Chaos Rising Units
2. Re: New DoW2 Chaos Rising Units Jan 12, 2010, 21:38 Huzsar

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 12, 2010, 20:42:
Speaking of the WH40K universe, what ever happened to the MMO for this series?

I think you are confusing it with the regular Warhammer MMO that was released in '08. Unless they are making 40k version now too?

83 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo