Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TorchMaster

Real Name TorchMaster   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TorchMaster
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2005, 15:48
Total Comments 71 (Suspect)
User ID 24202

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Yahoo Trojan Horse Dec 16, 2006, 17:17 TorchMaster

I got bit by the Yahoo update. I hadn't fired up Yahoo IM in a while as I use Trillian, so I assumed this was an old and mature update.

I bit back -- I uninstalled all Yahoo components and changed my search engine back to Google after being with Yahoo for the past three months.

These kinds of business practices will bite companies eventually. The average user is becoming more competent and can undo these messes. People won’t put up with these shenanigans.

=Torch=

Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Shea Stadium Nov 14, 2006, 13:55 TorchMaster

From the article: “The 21st-century New York Mets deserve a home befitting an emerging baseball dynasty"]

How about going to a World Series before calling yourself a dynasty?

News Comments > Far Cry Patch
17. Re: Far Cry Patch Oct 3, 2006, 22:05 TorchMaster

Crytek's support of this game has been a complete joke. You just know this code base became nothing but a lone intern's sandbox the day after they went gold. I will be a tough sell for their next game.

=Torch=

News Comments > EA To Acquire Mythic
17. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 19:07 TorchMaster

Parker and Boxing are on the right track...

The people that matter at Mythic are going to take their carload of cash and go home. Warhammer Online will suffer as a result. When Mythic doesn't make their revenue targets, EA will go in and gut the rest of the place.

It's not that Mythic has gone to the dark side and for that reason you shouldn't buy their games. It's just that this buyout is likely to ruin any chance that War had of being good.... But WoW might have already seen to that -- DAoC became a ghost town when Wow came out, and Mythic probably need a monetary backer to finish War.

Now I'm sure EA has tried to tie some key people to stay with the company for a certain period, but these folks aren't going to be working late nights when their McMansions need furnishing.

=Torch

17. Re: Oblivion Mods Apr 6, 2006, 19:14 TorchMaster

I know that most of us here lean towards being PC gamers, but I'll try my queston anyway...

Does the mod-ability and patch-ability of Oblivion on the PC make the PC vastly superior to the XBox platform for the game?

My PC is slightly above the "Recommended" specs for Oblivion, so it should handle it acceptably. The advantage of the XBox version is of course playing from my reclining couch.

= Torch

News Comments > Gold - Auto Assault
14. Re: I'm not giving my subject to a machi Mar 22, 2006, 15:01 TorchMaster

I had high hopes for this, but playing the weekend beta I was underwhelmed. The world was not immersive for me. I think this was partly due to a lack of environment sound effects and music. In the end, there didn't seem to be a difference between this an any other 1st or 2nd generation MMOG. Looting a +3 machine gun of fire or a +3 sword of doom is the same tedious thing.

=Torch

News Comments > Civilization IV: Warlords Announced
3. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2006, 17:39 TorchMaster

Before annoncing X-packs they need to patch the memory leaks and tweak the cost of late game technologies.

The game is playble (though buggy) for me, but for many on even medium spec machines it isn't playable.

Civ1 was special, Civ2 was good, Civ3 was terrible. SMAC was excellent.

I'm enjoying Civ4 and so far it has provided some good replayability. But again, a patch is overdue.

--Torch

News Comments > Thursday Hardware Reviews
2. Re: AlphaGrip Handheld KBM Mar 16, 2006, 13:37 TorchMaster

That handheld is very impressive looking. It seems like the perfect form-factor for a tablet PC.

The marriage of a console-type controller and PC keyboard-mouse would be tremendous for gaming. I hope this idea gets refined.

-- Torch

15. Re: Southpark Mar 14, 2006, 11:50 TorchMaster

Maybe Chef just needs someone to give him $Tree-Fiddy.

News Comments > Stardock Copy Protection Follow-up
6. Re: Copy Protection Mar 14, 2006, 10:47 TorchMaster

Stardock should thank StarFuckers for this fracas... Any publicity is good publicity.

I'm sure many here have this link already, but here's a list of games that use StarForce:

http://www.similarities.org/starforce.html}

You won't ever see any of these on my hard drive.

30. Re: Guitar tunes Feb 6, 2006, 17:12 TorchMaster

Hey Kane,

Nice tunes. I just bought a Digitech GNX4 on Friday. Very slick device. There's a lot to figure out, but each time through the manual I get a bit more. I cancelled my WoW account (nerfed because of logon queues), so now I can concentrate on my guitar chops, instead of PvP face-melting.

TorchMaster

71 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo