Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TorchMaster

Real Name TorchMaster   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TorchMaster
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2005, 15:48
Total Comments 75 (Suspect)
User ID 24202

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

General Discussion > NFL Week Six
7. Re: NFL Week Six Oct 9, 2014, 14:44 TorchMaster

It looks to me that the listings are sorted by the most recent week's score. For 7th place in the straight league, the 13 pointers are listed first and then the 12 pointers, and within those ties, they are broken by going back two weeks. So Blue tops Torch in 7th place because he had 8 two weeks ago and Torch had only 6. This rule looks to hold true for the other ties as well.  

Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue - Paradox Sale Oct 3, 2014, 16:43 TorchMaster

Strategy Fans, with the Paradox sale going on, if you could buy only one would it be Europa Universalis 4 or Crusader Kings 2?  

General Discussion > NFL Week Five
2. Re: NFL Week Five Oct 2, 2014, 15:18 TorchMaster

I will take a bow for finishing last in Week 4 SPREAD after winning Week 3. Iím picking only three underdogs this week. The league must really hate Bill Belichick: making them meet a playoff team coming off a bye while they are on a short week. I think a lot of the Ďparityí we see in the NFL has to do with the unbalanced schedule.  

General Discussion > NFL Week Four
5. Re: NFL Week Four Sep 25, 2014, 14:21 TorchMaster

Iíll take a bow for winning week three in SPREAD with a 12-4 mark. Iím picking the Potomac Basin Native Peoples tonight because I think their pass rush will disrupt Eli, but I don't have a lot of confidence -- who knows how Kirk Cousins is going to play. My Stone Cold Lead Pipe Lock is: Atlanta over Minnesota. For me the most interesting game of the week is Green Bay at Chicago Ė- it should tell a lot about those two teams.  

News Comments > The International Tourney on TV
12. Re: The International Tourney on TV Jul 18, 2014, 01:29 TorchMaster

Redmask wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 22:25:

What the fuck ever, have you seen some of the shit ESPN has covered in its time? Video games are not even near the bottom.

I see on the ESPN2 schedule that the International is the lead-in for the bi-annual Amish Rake Fighting Tournament.

News Comments > Risen 3: Titan Lords Trailer
6. Re: Risen 3: Titan Lords Trailer Apr 18, 2014, 03:00 TorchMaster

That is the same as the opening cinematic to The Witcher 1. Total look-alike spikey hellhound beast creature. Only much more lame.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
1. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 10, 2014, 18:37 TorchMaster

Itís disappointing that they consider Rocksmith 2014 to be disappointing. It is an excellent piece of software and I would want to buy more things like it.  

News Comments > WindForge in March; Preorders & Beta Available Now
1. Re: WindForge in March; Preorders & Beta Available Now Jan 24, 2014, 17:58 TorchMaster

From the Kickstarter:
The first game to include minable sky whales, and meat blocks!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2013, 12:41 TorchMaster

I'm baaack. 11-4. Dallas makes me laugh even though I've missed on them the last two weeks.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2013, 15:53 TorchMaster

8-6 and I broke from the first place tie, so I think some must have gained on the lead this week.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2013, 23:20 TorchMaster

I have to add my name to Verno and Mr. Tact as the Giants game was my only miss of the week.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition Oct 26, 2013, 17:03 TorchMaster

So that there isn't any confusion, you don't need an amp, effects, or tuner to play Rocksmith -- these are are built in. You can even free play within Rocksmith, selecting from among the variety of available amp and effect models to shape your sound. But yeah, to play outside Rocksmith, you would want an amp and tuner.

Line 6 does make good products for multi-effects and amp modeling. I can also highly recommend the new Fender Mustang line of amps. These days, even low cost amps are pretty good.

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition Oct 25, 2013, 15:04 TorchMaster

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 14:06:
So this is the guitar I decided on after several hours of reading and watching Youtube demo vids. Liked the sound, and most people that have one seem to like it s lot. It's not too exprnsive either, which is nice.

Squier Affinity Strat HSS

The Squier Affinity is a fine choice.

I think a new guitarist should spend enough to get a quality instrument, but should not go high end. Squiers and Epiphones are good options. A $60 guitar is likely going to be harder to play and may have some frustrating defects.

It was my impression of Rocksmith 1 that it would not be a good teaching tool for the complete beginner. They glossed over many basics that a neophyte is going to have trouble figuring out on their own. I expect this has been improved in Rocksmith 2. I would recommend that a brand new guitarist supplement Rocksmith with some online lessons. I'm sure there are good free video lessons available online.

Rocksmith is excellent for an intermediate-level player that already has the foundations. I consider myself to be at the intermediate level and Rocksmith did improve my ability. It helped me for playing in-time with a band, introduced me to some interesting guitar and bass riffs, and made practice fun.

For the advanced guitarist, Rocksmith 1 is also limited as a practice tool. The clunky interface made it such that it was difficult to learn portions of songs as the songs were composed. It sounds like this has been improved with the enhancements to the Riff Repeater feature. Rocksmith also doesn't help the advanced guitarist in that you are just mimicking someone else's parts -- creativity and uniqueness of style are not rewarded. I'm hoping that the Session Mode helps with this weakness.

FYI, I have had good experiences buying equipment online from both musiciansfriend.com and sweetwater.com. MusiciansFriend tends to have the best prices around. Sweetwater makes an extra effort in terms of customer service. I've only bought a guitar online once -- it was from MusiciansFriend and arrived with a significant ding on the body, but they exchanged it for another at no cost. Buying online means that a guitar might arrive that isn't setup particularly well, but most local dealers can take care of that pretty well.

=TorchMaster=

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition Oct 23, 2013, 15:45 TorchMaster

I played the hell out of Rocksmith 1, not much lately however as most of my time has been devoted to the drums.

It's not clear to me from the Rocksmith website that the game supports bass out of the box; bass was an add-on for the original version. Can someone comment on the availability of bass performance?

Thank you jacobvandy for the info on the song differences between XBox and PC. I am decidedly a PC gamer, but I liked Rocksmith on the XBox so that I could alternate between playing on the couch or standing in front of the big screen. My PC desk setup just isn't optimal for standing. The computer I have connected to my big screen is a 1.9 GHz AMD with Radeon integrated graphics. I'm thinking that should be adequate to run Rocksmith (though I can't find any minimum specs listed), but that computer isn't as convenient.

14. Re: Out of the Blue - NFL Picks Oct 2, 2013, 14:14 TorchMaster

Hey guys, I'm enjoying the NFL game-picking pool -- thanks for everyone's participation. There are lots of close games for the upcoming week, and I'm taking many underdogs. This could be a significant week for someone. Three straight weeks of exactly ten wins for me. Eagles at Giants looks to be the desperation game of the day.  

News Comments > Wasteland Kings Renamed Nuclear Throne
6. Re: Wasteland Kings Renamed Nuclear Throne Sep 30, 2013, 13:18 TorchMaster

The Nuclear Throne is where I reigned after my late Saturday night meal of the chili relleno plate.

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
7. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 12, 2013, 12:11 TorchMaster

I'm getting a sidebar ad here on Blue's for "Siege of Ogrimmar". Interestingly enough, the ad does not mention WoW anywhere on it. This makes me think Blizzard has decided that everyone has solidified their opinion of WoW, and therefore they need to trick people into thinking the ad is for something else. It's certainly not a good sign for a product to be hiding from its brand.  

47. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2013, 15:45 TorchMaster

PHJF wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 11:51:
Occasional thumbnails on the front are OK, but I'd rather not see them attached to every which article. How hard is it, if interested in an article, to click through and get screens from within? The wall of blue-backed text greeting me everyday is one of the reasons I visit here as opposed to everywhere else.

^ Agree With This ^

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2012, 11:47 TorchMaster

Good job, Blue!  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return
6. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return Oct 14, 2011, 12:19 TorchMaster

That's no japanese shit bow, that is a full ninety degree bow.  

75 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo