Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danny

Real Name Danny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Desertfox
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 14, 2005, 07:36
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 24193

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed
43. '14-'18 Aug 22, 2013, 10:57 Desertfox

...watched this trailer. GFX look top-notch, but is there anything new, really? I played *a lot* of BF2 and BF3 with all expansion packs, but I'm tired of 'modern warfare' with fast jets, guided missles and laserlights. I wrote this when BF3 was announced:

--- CUT ----------------------

Hmmm... I hoped for something like BF 14-18 since we already have modern warfare in BF2 and sci-fi warfare in BF2142...
14-18 with trenches, gas, bi-planes and zeppelins, massive artillery, commander mode with spotter-balloons and runners, over-the-top attacks, the first tanks, 128-player servers etc etc. Could be fun when done the right way.

---- CUT ---------------------

...I still think this way. Could be awesome and refreshing over all the modern variables out there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 3?
30. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2007, 02:31 Desertfox

Hmmm... I hoped for something like BF 14-18 since we already have modern warfare in BF2 and sci-fi warfare in BF2142...
14-18 with trenches, gas, bi-planes and zeppelins, massive artillery, commander mode with spotter-balloons and runners, over-the-top attacks, the first tanks, 128-player servers etc etc. Could be fun when done the right way.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Demo Nears
24. 'couple of weeks...'...!!?? Sep 2, 2007, 03:32 Desertfox

Due in a COUPLE OF WEEKS?
I hardly call that news!

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars in October
9. Re: Try the demo first! Don't fall! Aug 4, 2007, 06:27 Desertfox

...clans are so, so, soo nineties
I see clan-tags all the time during online gaming and usually they are all playing rambo-style, using glitches or whoring vehicles and they usually are ending-up on the lower ranks at the end of each round. I think clans are mostly 12 yr olds trying to look like their older brothers in their nineties Q3A clan. Clans are so over.

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars Beta Tomorrow?
12. demoplayers go beta Jun 19, 2007, 13:23 Desertfox

Hmmm... 60.000 keys under the name 'beta' says nothing to me. Maybe 0.1% of those 60.000 is prepared to do some feedbacking; the rest is just kids thinking they get a demo before a demo is launched. They will all shout the 'demo' sucks when they get disconnected or have CTD's.
Oh well, maybe the demo will have the right changes that make the game fun... Thanks to beta-testing

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 13:24.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Carriers at War
3. Re: Great Game Jun 9, 2007, 02:25 Desertfox

DigitalBiscuit you sound like an Australian SPAMmer boy...

News Comments > New BF2 Beta Map
11. Re: Demo Co-op Mission Jun 6, 2007, 02:49 Desertfox

>Can you post those ip-addresses to block here?

...on second thoughts... I played the map for some time and I changed my mind: free gaming-content like this with some in-game advertisements like this is okay for me. The map is pretty good and I think the billboards are funny.

There is one other thing that crossed my mind: lately there seems to be a new hackcheat in BF2 that is undiscovered by punkbuster. People seem to find me even while I'm playing spec-ops (no UAV in sight) and come for me in a straight line. Players dolphin-dive and shoot one-shot one-kill and TV-guided missles hit from behind the horizon without the warning signal sounding in my armour... And the commander is able to drop a whole line of supplycrates. I've been playing BF2 since day 1 and when you have spent so many hours in this game, you notice the difference between better players and strange things happening
Maybe EA/DICE could address this too?
This comment was edited on Jun 6, 14:12.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 2142
81. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2006, 03:20 Desertfox

Well, SHIPS AHOY, but not for me.
I'm an adult player with money to spend and I've been a BF fan since day 1: played the BF1942 demo to shreds; bought the game; bought the two expansions; bought BFVN; LOVED the BFVN WWII-mod; bought BF2; bought BF2-SF...
...but then they started selling those internet-only packages with mediocre maps that hardly have any server online... Hmmm, I passed on that one. What happened to free content? Luckily we got The Road to Jalalabad (which was/is great).
Now I tried the BF2142 demo when it was released and I gave it four or five hours of gameplay, but I was not impressed. It's just no fun. I think the pace is less than the battles in BF2. It's not just this I don't like: it's the whole concept and feel of the new BF2142 that I don't like. There just is no spark. I can even call it boring at times.
I don't like the Titan-mode and the (inside of the) Titan. I don't like the fantasy vehicles and guns. They look cool, but the feel of it all is not as exciting as the vehicles in the three other BF-games. A plasma gun or a bigger plasma gun? Who cares when they both don't give you that AH, YEAH! feeling? And although I'm not a flyboy, I miss the planes/jets. The only cool thing to look at and try is the mechs, but that's not enough for me to get a whole game going.
But what matters in the end: fun is what I miss in this thing. Ofcourse I only played the demo and its map, but I'm not spending my 50 euro to find out if the game gets better in the other maps. There's just too many things in the demo that I don't like. I don't believe that the full game will be that much better.
Luckily theres good news too: my BF2 runs great and every game I play has the excitement and fun I miss in the BF2142 demo. So I just stick to BF2.
BTW: long time ago in a forum far far away I suggested they should have made BF14-18 with WW-1 troops, horses, vehicles, biplanes, zeppelins, trenches and gas-attacks. If there's any future left after BF2142 DICE should have another look at this 14-18 period.
Maybe they should stick to what they're best at, put the love of game-creation back into their product and grab back some market share I'm pretty sure they lose with BF2142. They did already with my share
This comment was edited on Oct 18, 03:22.

News Comments > Day of Defeat: Source Free Weekend Underway
16. Steam servers.... Feb 11, 2006, 13:33 Desertfox

Well, lets try this... Hey, wait a minute:

'The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes...'

....this message has been poppin' up for a few hours now. I give up and go back to BF2 ;-)

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 13:33.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
49. PERFORMANCE Dec 14, 2005, 02:42 Desertfox

....Since I bought the SF-expansion, the performance in game (and the level loading times) has decreased. I wonder if they fix that. The original BF2 runs great, but some of the SF-maps really crawl and lag. Play the Iron Gator and the corridor-sections just crawl. Also the nighttime map with the navy shipyard gives the same laggy feeling when you are in the corridors of the building the submarines are in. (btw: no, it is not teargas; it's the maps
P4 3.4Ghz with 2GB of 533Mhz memory and a Radeon 800XT 256MB card.

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo