Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rilcon

Real Name Rilcon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rilcon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2005, 23:20
Total Comments 195 (Novice)
User ID 24143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced
8. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 12, 2010, 14:23 Rilcon

The gametime in this new retail box can't be used for existing accounts; all it can be used for it to add time to a new account.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch
20. Re: TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch Sep 30, 2010, 17:26 Rilcon

I'd only be amazed if people get angry at valve over this. Game has been constantly supported and updated since launch and is quite mod-friendly. Only change I see id the new items will now mostly be slit between the people that pay for them, and the people that somehow spend four or more hours a day playing.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
1. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 21, 2010, 20:23 Rilcon

I'm normally a pretty nice guy, but I really really hope Kotick a terrible, painful, slow death, and soon. Guy seems intent on destroying something meant to bring joy.  

News Comments > EVE Online Incursion Expansion in November
2. Re: EVE Online Incursion Expansion in November Sep 21, 2010, 14:23 Rilcon

PvPers are hoping for a new (old) cyno effect, engine trails, and mildly hopeful about rocket rebalance. Otherwise bitter as usual.  

News Comments > Fallout MMOG Tease
12. Re: Fallout MMOG Tease Sep 19, 2010, 17:49 Rilcon

Oh my god, it just hit me; DNF is no longer vaporware, we just lost some of the games' industry's best "never gonna happen" sayings.  

News Comments > Steam Wallet Beta
11. Re: Steam Wallet Beta Sep 14, 2010, 00:05 Rilcon

The benefit over Paypal is it's not Paypal.

As for over a credit or debit card, no effect on me. I do know some countries / banks have silly rules in regards to their use online. May be this is intended for people to drop, say, 50 euro in bulk one day via a non-instant money transfer, then have that money there to buy whatever instantly some other day.

Or something.

News Comments > On the DNF Revival
5. Re: On the DNF Revival Sep 5, 2010, 17:54 Rilcon

Gotta remember, this game owes us for all the terrible time people have spent voluntarily reading about it.  

News Comments > Bloody Good Time Announced
8. Re: Bloody Good Time Announced Sep 2, 2010, 15:43 Rilcon

No. I personally don't think it looks interesting and I hate exagerated, cartoonish artstyles.

It just irks me that for some reason every time there's an article about an indie or small studio game, the bitching and bitterness are even higher than usual. Loads of formulaic games from established studios seem to get a free pass from the comment hate train.

I guess it might just be that people are so bitter about those that they don't even bother to post; like there's no carcass left to beat so they need to find a fresher horse to whack.

News Comments > Bloody Good Time Announced
5. Re: Bloody Good Time Announced Sep 2, 2010, 15:09 Rilcon

Oh for crying out loud. A developer manages to get their non-cookie cutter game funded and published by a major publisher, and on PC no less, and you people do nothing but whine.

Sigh.

News Comments > Cryptic on Neverwinter and MMORPGs
9. Re: Cryptic on Neverwinter and MMORPGs Aug 24, 2010, 16:08 Rilcon

Expecting people to read articles before complaining about them is pretty crazy.

And now I'm pretty positive this is going to be Guild Wars with D&D. Which may be interesting if none of it is like STO ground combat.

News Comments > Neverwinter Announced
27. Re: Neverwinter Announced Aug 23, 2010, 20:32 Rilcon

God damnit, stop calling Bioware's NWN "the first one". The first NWN was the first MMO with a GUI that ran on AOL for years. I love Bioware to bits (though after DA2 news...) but not enough to rewrite history.

Oh, also, this sounds a lot like Guild Wars without the hubs. Will see how it goes, still some time away.

News Comments > More on MS and PC Gaming
17. Re: More on MS and PC Gaming Jun 29, 2010, 18:59 Rilcon

Goomich wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 15:44:
3D Minesweeper.

I'd play that.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed May 24, 2010, 02:44 Rilcon

Oh yeah, Doom movie was pretty good, I thought. Loved the sets and it was pretty entertaining overall.

First RE movie was good as well; sequels not so much.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed May 23, 2010, 17:57 Rilcon

I personally enjoyed the Silent Hill movie. I don't remember Hitman being bad, though it did have absolutely nothing to do with the games.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Extended
1. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Extended Apr 11, 2010, 16:06 Rilcon

This thing added itself to my games library and I can't figure out how to remove it. It's visually offensive, and I can't see other game demos I don't have installed or ever shown an interest for added there.

I am most displeased. I think I shall write a formal complaint, then delete it. Or maybe save it as a draft. Maybe.

News Comments > No Blacklight: Tango Down Dedicated Server
4. Re: No Blacklight: Tango Down Dedicated Server Apr 9, 2010, 00:44 Rilcon

God damnit. There´s more to a PC game than just slightly better graphics and a few graphical options.

Hell, do people still even care that much about graphics? For a good few years now almost every game's looked good enough, and the only differences I can tell are really minor things like prettier wet surfaces, or being able to see the acne scars on a character you never even really see that close up.

News Comments > New Mass Effect 2 Weapon on the Cerberus Network
11. Re: New Mass Effect 2 Weapon on the Cerberus Network Mar 9, 2010, 18:41 Rilcon

Well, by the time they release some actual mission / storyline DLC, there'll be enough minor things added to make the rest of the game feel a little different.  

News Comments > PC Fable III?
20. Re: PC Fable III? Mar 5, 2010, 19:27 Rilcon

SR2 was what GTA4 would have been if R* hadn't gotten all serious, and it was hilarious fun.

As for Fable 3, if it comes out on PC I'll get it on PC; if not, I'll still get it. Fable 2 was a good game in my book and I imagine 3 will be as good as it, at least. (well, I hope, anyways)

News Comments > EVE Online Tyrannis Announced
4. Re: EVE Online Tyrannis Announced Feb 20, 2010, 17:28 Rilcon

PacoTaco wrote on Feb 20, 2010, 16:35:
They have been promising this stuff for 5 or 6 years now btw. No date? means it will be at the end of the year or they will release it and then have the player base debug (Breaking the Game) through next year as they always seem to do.

Must be time for a lot of the subscriptions to get renewed they always toss a screen shot together of something already (in this case the orca) in the game and post it to keep the suckers from cancelling.

It's amazing to me that people still pay CCP for this POS.

The second line of the announcement says before summer, and the ship is a Rorqual, not an Orca. If you're going to bitch and nitpick, at least take a minute to get something right.

News Comments > BioWare Making Dragon Age II "Visually Super Hot"
4. Re: BioWare Making Dragon Age 2 Jan 30, 2010, 15:07 Rilcon

I'd much rather have tiny maps full of things to do than huge "sandboxes" with nothing to do in them and devoid of character.  

195 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo