Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rilcon

Real Name Rilcon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rilcon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2005, 23:20
Total Comments 195 (Novice)
User ID 24143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Ridge Racer Unbounded Announced
1. Re: Ridge Racer Unbounded Feb 5, 2011, 15:26 Rilcon

Going by the newsblurb, it's Burnout Paradise. That said, Bugbear did make the Flatouts, and those were excellent fun.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saints Row 3 in Autumn
5. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 10:58 Rilcon

First two are good fun if you prefer the over the top-ness of GTA3:SA instead of the (relative) srsbsns of GTAIV. Hopefully the PC version will feel better than SR2, that had some annoying performance issues on my system :-/  

News Comments > Magicka Patched
7. Re: Magicka Patched Jan 29, 2011, 07:35 Rilcon

Even with all the bugs dragging it down, game delivers a whole lot more fun than most "AAA" 40euro games out there.  

News Comments > Magicka and Demo Now Available
7. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 14:54 Rilcon

Tried demo and bought, was hilariously good fun.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 23, 2011, 19:31 Rilcon

Except oddly enough DS1 is available uncut both on Steam and normal shops.

Germany is fucking weird.

News Comments > The Sims Medieval Trailer
4. Re: The Sims Medieval Trailer Jan 5, 2011, 02:51 Rilcon

It gives me some hope that the trailer mentions assassins. That and a Sarlac pit. I am torn; on one hand I want to watch my virtual townfolk wither and die to the plague, their little hopes-and-dream targets changing to "stay alive one more day", etc. On the other hand, it's the Sims.  

News Comments > Activision Threatens UK Over Tax Breaks
2. Re: Activision Threatens UK Over Tax Breaks Jan 3, 2011, 10:17 Rilcon

To be fair, tax cuts would also benefit smaller third party developers and even startup indies.  

News Comments > No XP Battlefield 3?
23. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 2, 2011, 15:40 Rilcon

The 360 does not use the DX9 PCs used, it uses it's own special version that had DX10 features included before DX10 was actually released. If the game relies on some of those features too heavily (say for vegetation or some sort of focus when aiming, or just some speed optimization), then it is a lot easier to just not support DX9.

I have been there, a game I worked on needed a DX10 feature for gameplay reasons, but it also needed to work on DX9. So we had two versions of the same feature, and the DX9 one looked worse and affected performance to the point other visual features had to be cut.

I really like the freedom of being a PC gamer (my system, my settings, etc.), but that freedom comes at a cost to the developler. Not to say developing on console is any better, what with needing to license dev/test kits, all the TRC/TCR/lot checks to comform to, the aging hardware limitiations and the holder cuts and all that.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum on Steam
18. Re: Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum on Steam Dec 28, 2010, 04:21 Rilcon

I quite liked NWN2 and its expansions, damnit. IMO, people have no concept of what a "bad game" really is. Go pick up a copy of Shellshock 2 or Rogue Warrior, see how that turns out.  

News Comments > More Legal Fallout
12. Re: More Legal Fallout Dec 23, 2010, 14:05 Rilcon

Someone please explain to me why Interplay gets so much hate. I canīt really remember what happened between them releasing good games and them half-dying.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Dec 20, 2010, 11:39 Rilcon

I liked the way health worked for the marine in AvP. You had 3 regenerating bars, that once debpleted needed a health kit to refill. A light injury would take half a bar, a normal one a full bar, and headshots and the like 2+ bars.

And the bad thing about how ME2 dealth with enemy health on higher difficulty levels is some of skill/powers didn't fit with the system. I started off on Hardcore then Insanity after that, and remember checking Normal (or whatever fancy term they used) and thinking "Wait, these guys only have a single HP bar, wth?"

News Comments > SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status
5. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 11:26 Rilcon

Obsidian was making an Aliens RPG, but that got cancelled about a year back.  

News Comments > Evil Genius Web Game
12. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 18:16 Rilcon

Pray to god Reb doesn't make a sequel. Better nothing at all than something that'll rape the memory of a good game.  

News Comments > EVE Online: Incursion Launches
26. Re: EVE Online: Incursion Launches Nov 30, 2010, 20:22 Rilcon

AngelicPenguin wrote on Nov 30, 2010, 18:42:
What does "resize" mean in the context of a MMO?

(Never played an MMO except for Ultima Online beta.)

Just means you can resize the client when in windowed via click-drag like a normal window.

News Comments > EVE Online: Incursion Launches
23. Re: EVE Online: Incursion Launches Nov 30, 2010, 17:36 Rilcon

Every blasted EVE article has the same damn comments. I think next time Blue should just c/p the comments from previous ones so people can just move on to something else.  

News Comments > PC Fable 3 Not Dead
17. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 08:07 Rilcon

Well I personally DISAGREE. A "normal" menu system would have likely been better, especially for PC, but I'm comparing to the Fable 1 and 2 menus here.

As for the game being short, it depends on what you do. My first time through I just blitzed through the main quest in about 8 hours. Second time now I'm roughly a third through the game, actually doing sidequests and exploring, and have put another 16 hours into it.

Meh, I find it fun. I'm not playing it expecting a game like BG2, just a some hack and slash with some minor stat building and exploration.

15. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 05:08 Rilcon

Jerykk wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 04:35:
It's called progress.

Sarcasm, I hope? Turning a quick and simple process into a slow and tedious process doesn't quite qualify as progress.

Compared to the nightmare that were the Fable 1 (PC) and 2's menus, 3's are silly fast and easy to navigate. There's a lot of stuff in the game I disagree with, but the menus are a big step forward from the previous game in pretty much all aspects as far as I'm concerned.

12. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 03:23 Rilcon

Well I quite liked all three games, and am still replaying the latest. Chances are I'll rebuy it on PC if it gets any worthwhile additions.  

News Comments > Portal 2 Interview
4. Re: Portal 2 Interview Nov 9, 2010, 07:14 Rilcon

I thought the pacing was perfect. Having played it on day one, when I started off thinking it would be just a few challenge rooms to show off new tech, I thought it was great. I wasn't bored or stuck at any point during the game and had a jolly good time the whole way through.  

News Comments > EA Bashing
86. Re: EA Bashing Oct 13, 2010, 19:49 Rilcon

Oh, he's getting laid off next month. Well, Harden The Fuck Up; most people get 10 minutes notice when they're "let go". If the situation was so dire for so long he should've already had a solid fallback plan.  

195 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo