Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rilcon

Real Name Rilcon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rilcon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2005, 23:20
Total Comments 195 (Novice)
User ID 24143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > INFERNAL Revealed
23. Re: No subject Mar 23, 2006, 03:59 Rilcon

You know you need a SLI system to get that GPU enhanced Havok physiscs, right? And that that GPU is going to be doing enough physiscs as to not notice much of an increment in graphics, as you would expect from a SLI system, right?

Soo, you'd rather pay $350 for a GPU that does physics, instead of $200 for a PPU that does physics?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Take-Two Sued
7. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 23:22 Rilcon

The most stupid part of the whole thing is that their's a rating for 17+ and another for 18+.

I'm sorry, but that's just so retarded it hurts.

Of course, I'm still amazed that the whole fuss is directed towards some rather lame sex scenes, and not towards the bloody massacres, but oh well.

News Comments > INFERNAL Revealed
19. No subject Mar 22, 2006, 20:25 Rilcon

The video of Cell Factor on their vido site seemed rather nice.

http://physx.ageia.com/footage.html

I'll probably get one of the things whenever UT2007 or some really outstanding title comes out. Been a sucker for physics in games since a Space Wars clone on my C64.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
27. No subject Mar 14, 2006, 08:36 Rilcon

Yes folks, believe it ir not, russians used and still use green tracer rounds.

But god forbid such a thing interfere with making a funny post.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
22. No subject Mar 13, 2006, 20:09 Rilcon

The mod gave me more hours of fun than any retail game ever has, and the beta has assured me the full game will deliver even more.

News Comments > Field Ops Announced
9. Cursed Mar 13, 2006, 12:48 Rilcon

Digital Reality is a cursed studio, they such awesome games, only to have their publisher go under or give the IP to someone else.

At first glance it looks a bit like Soldiers, but with a better direct control. Which is good.

News Comments > Gold - Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
68. Re: Gold Mar 8, 2006, 14:54 Rilcon

Arrgg, go disinformation

First, a big hearty thanks to blues for saying "gold" when nothing was ever said about the game being gold. Good one there. The only information given at that time was about the release date, which, as any programmer knows, has nothing to do with when a product going gold.

OK, I'm in the beta, so I'll clear up a few things. 1 shot kills are the rule, for most any weapon. Only exceptions are grazing shots, or gettig hit on the end of you limbs. The damage indicator is new, a lot better, and tells you where exactley you've been hit.

The game is FUN. Some people might not like the idea of 1-shot-kills, but it's hella fun to advance through the map like one should, instead of ramboing arround. If you think it wouldn't work back in WW2, it probably won't work in RO.

Next thing... this is a new game, it has very little to do with the old mod. Mainly, the idea and setting behind the game. Everything else is different, even the maps that carried into the game have been seriously revamped.

Ending statement, if you're tired of arcade FPS, RO is for you. If you liked SWAT 4 or R6, you should try the demo when it comes out

News Comments > Faces of War Delayed
21. No subject Mar 6, 2006, 02:17 Rilcon

If it's only half as good as Soldiers, it'll be awesome.

News Comments > ÜberSoldier Demo Plans
3. Re: No subject Feb 28, 2006, 01:38 Rilcon

Sounds like a different one, don't remember any rescuing going on, a third evironment, or the stg44.

News Comments > Dear Diary - SiN Episodes Goes Beta
7. No subject Feb 24, 2006, 02:15 Rilcon

SiN 1 was nice, and 2's art syle looks good, but the game play video kind of killed my expectation for it. Five minutes of shooting explosive barrels and watching some poor sods scream in agony for half a minute didn't correspond to my idea of fun. And that monster sequence at the end was quite unimpressive.

Probably a great run'n'gun arcade shooter, but I expected something different.

All IMO, of course.

News Comments > BattleStrike: Eastern Front Announced
20. Re: Not the WWII game your looking for Feb 19, 2006, 02:44 Rilcon

When I saw Red Orchestra turning into a full-fledged game, I almost cried in joy. My, the hours the mod sucked out of my life... I fear what horrors Ostfront will do to my non-gaming life.

Seriously, if you want a WW2 game where tactics and patience mean something, RO is for you. Plus it's way beyond fun.

Rilcon

News Comments > Loki Revealed
29. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2005, 22:44 Rilcon

I remember a good many games back in the day that required a 3DFX card to run, back when Voodoo 1 cards were just being introduced. And man, that card was well worth it.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Avoider Dec 17, 2005, 10:50 Rilcon

lol, having no clue at all at what the game was about, my first reaction was a big old WTF!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. America at the dawn of color Dec 13, 2005, 23:21 Rilcon

Those photos actually kind of freaked me out.

News Comments > UT2004 Patch
15. Re: No subject Dec 2, 2005, 18:21 Rilcon

They're just milking it.

LOL, good one.

I play against bots whenever I'm bored or get stressed, and Red Orchestra is just... perfect.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 18:33.

195 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo