Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rilcon

Real Name Rilcon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rilcon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2005, 23:20
Total Comments 195 (Novice)
User ID 24143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Orchestra Server Fix
18. Re: They reduced the price for this MOD Oct 2, 2006, 16:56 Rilcon

Indeed, 'cretin' directly taken into my native language pretty much equates to "evil asshole". My bad for not looking it up first, guess it's one of those "false friends" english teachers like to talk about so much.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: They reduced the price for this MOD Oct 2, 2006, 07:55 Rilcon

Graspin' at straws mate, you've gone from criticizing people for correcting their posts, to criticizing people's grammar. Over the internet no less.

And 'misogynistic' isn't an "intelligent" word in the country I'm from. Hell, I didn't know it was an intelligent word anywhere. Did you have to look it up?

Also, 'cretin' means jerk. I don't see how me having poor grammar in a non-native language equates me to a cretin. On the other hand, you are quite the cretin, so maybe you know more about all that than the average guy.

8. Re: They reduced the price for this MOD Oct 2, 2006, 03:37 Rilcon

Real smooth there, you misogynistic piece of shit, great way to let everyone know your word isn't worth the a damn.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
12. Re: Vista price breakdown Sep 3, 2006, 12:21 Rilcon

MS' code isn't sloppy or bloated, that it's apparent complexity confuses people isn't indicative of that.

Exhuberant prices? Have you checked the prices for commercial software like Maya or Photoshop? No one is forcing Joe Average to pay $400 for the ultimate version, especially if all they're going to do is play games or watch movies. Windows 98 support just ceased less than a month ago. That was released 8 years ago, how many companies support cunsumer software after 8 years?

And why should they conform to a standard they see as poor? How are they forcing anyone to use a propietary version of a standard? Have they sued anyone for not using C#?

I'm not saying that MS is the best thing ever, but this vilification it constantly receives is just silly.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Vista price breakdown Sep 3, 2006, 10:17 Rilcon

I like MS, I really do. Never had a problem with their products, great support, XP has never had any random crashes or done anything weird, and it's never taken more than 40Mb of my RAM.

I honestly don't understand how people can have so many problems with MS. Is it because they're succesfull? Because they actually run a business and don't give stuff out for free (unless you're a Uni student, in which case, they do give you their products for free)? Or am I missing some essential piece of information, something like MS sacrificing babies to Baal or forcing hardware vendors to only support their OS?

News Comments > The Wheelman for PCs
2. Re: No subject Aug 27, 2006, 18:44 Rilcon

I'd swear I watched that exact scene in Transporter.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: PS3 Economics Aug 6, 2006, 18:00 Rilcon

Economics is economics, no matter the industry. The article is quite right; if they have a certain stock that they need to sell, they have analysts determine the max price they can sell it and get rid of all the stock. In this case, analysts probably said over 700 dollars, while PR said that would give very bad press (poor long term sales). Sony just had to decide whether it wants short term gains or long term gains.

And Sony could probably sell the PS3 at over a thousand dollars and they'd still clear stock, too many people are fanatical over these machines.

News Comments > Prey Demo
41. Re: Wow Jun 22, 2006, 03:38 Rilcon

Never payed much attention to this game, allways thought it would be Doom3 with wacky physics, but the demo was really awesome. It sold the game for me, at least.

News Comments > Prey Demo
5. Re: No subject Jun 22, 2006, 00:19 Rilcon

Oh yeah, 18KB/s, scorchin!

News Comments > Evening Preview
9. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 08:12 Rilcon

The last levels on Realistic without quick saving, my god that was unfun. Step out of elevator, get head-shotted by 6 elite guards, or naded if you were lucky enough to hide behind the desk. Then there was the boss guy with them D-: And of course the subsequent 16 mutants arena, some more elite guards, and finally the final boss.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 08:13.

News Comments > Prey DM Map Plans
6. Re: No subject Jun 17, 2006, 15:55 Rilcon

Well, Quake Wars better have more than 8 people, else it'll bomb :p

On a more serious note, Prey probably wouldn't work that well with 16-32 people teleporting all over the place and running on bizarre surfaces, people's brains would just die if the tried to concentrate, turning all games into spamfests with a few campers. Like most every other game, but more confusing.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: I would be excited Jun 14, 2006, 22:14 Rilcon

Lucasarts has been doing a lot better these past few years, at least that's what I've been feeling. Either way, given that this will most likely be one of those "killer apps", Nintendo will probably care a lot about the game's quality, especially since it's going to be pimping the controller so much.

If the game works, I'm getting a Wii for sure.

News Comments > The Late Show
3. Re: No subject Jun 13, 2006, 23:29 Rilcon

Doesn't the guy say that the end of the video is when the game actually begins?

News Comments > Gold - Rush for Berlin
9. No subject May 16, 2006, 12:27 Rilcon

For those that tried the demo, how does it compare against Soldiers: Heroes of WW2?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: No subject May 13, 2006, 11:27 Rilcon

It's various shades of green. Every once in a while it rains paper.

News Comments > MS's Online Gaming Service
38. Re: No subject May 10, 2006, 03:40 Rilcon

The Q&A about UT2007 talked about two different versions of the game, one for PS3 and the other for PC. The Interview said nothing about interconnectivity between the two, or ones features (controller support) affecting the other.

As for this Live thing, given the state PC gaming is in today, I think it's a good thing. Now-a-days all we get are dozens of MMO and RTS games, sprinkled with a few FPS games. If this means that just a few publishers consider ports of their 360 games, it's a win in my eyes.

By the next generation, I'm guessing we'll get some sort of Microsoft Gaming Platform, where the same game disc will play on your brand new MS OS, or your MS console. When that happens, publishers might start to consider "old style" PC games without being afraid of the small market or the PCs compatibilty issues.

And since I don't have this odd visceral hate for MS, and I do make money developing games, I'm all for it.

News Comments > MS's Online Gaming Service
4. Re: No subject May 9, 2006, 19:22 Rilcon

"The Zone" ?

Damn thing never worked for me, stupid DirectPlay needing thousands of ports, stupid router only letting me map 64, grr...

News Comments > The Steam Ship
13. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2006, 17:40 Rilcon

Looks very interesting.

News Comments > Abyss Lights: Frozen Systems Revealed
11. Re: Homepage & demo Apr 8, 2006, 10:58 Rilcon

I play more indie games than I do big name ones, so it's all good for me.

In regards to the game, I might get it if I like the artistic style, don't really like the ones with lot's of colors or weird organic looking ships.

News Comments > Dracula Twins Announced
4. Re: Wow.... Mar 29, 2006, 13:13 Rilcon

This is why game designers shouldn't take drugs. Must've been one way out trip.

195 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo