Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rilcon

Real Name Rilcon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rilcon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2005, 23:20
Total Comments 195 (Novice)
User ID 24143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Violent Games Set Boys Hearts' Aflutter
5. Re: Violent Games Set Boys Hearts' Aflutter Nov 13, 2008, 23:37 Rilcon

:-/

Violent games also tend to be require the player to be alert and have fast reaction times, which sort of increases heart rate.

If I were playing some intense racing game or an FPS where I threw pink fluffy teddy bears at heart shaped markers while roller skating through a congested attraction park, my heart rate would be a good deal higher than if I were playing Battle Chess: Extreme Gore edition.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Demo Tomorrow
4. Re: It's Fun Nov 10, 2008, 22:41 Rilcon

I think the price is right. The survivor AI is good enough to let you play single player just fine (heck, you can just spectate and let them play by themselves), and from looking at how long it takes to complete the second demo level, I'm thinking a single run through the game should be on par with most single player FPSs. Plus the director AI thingy makes it pretty replayable.

And further down the line I imagine you'll see more content and some good user mods and maps.

Of course I'd like it to be cheaper, but I see myself getting more out of L4D than out of many higher priced games.

News Comments > EVE Shooter Plans?
12. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 9, 2008, 11:27 Rilcon

They're already making a WoD MMO, part of the reason they're adding "walking around" into EVE. Shame they're keeping official word of it low.

As for the shooter thing, I got the impression it's just something they think they could do within a few years.

News Comments > Gold - NWN2: Storm of Zehir
12. Re: Gold - NWN2: Storm of Zehir Oct 31, 2008, 16:55 Rilcon

Damnit, I liked NWN2 and the expansion :-/ Then again I really like this type of game, ever since SSI's Champions of Krynn way back on my C64.  

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Q&A
3. Re: Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Q&A Oct 23, 2008, 10:43 Rilcon

As far as I'm concerned, NWN2 and its expansion were many many times better than NWN1. I also played the game and expansion in coop with a friend, so not sure where you're getting that. And you had enough camera options in NWN2 to make it work just like in NWN1 IIRC. Never really bothered with the editor, though.  

News Comments > Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway Movie, PC Specs
6. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2008, 17:37 Rilcon

I swear, Blue's News spawns some of the oddest trolls around.

Anyways, that processor requirement is pretty damn steep. Hopefully thereŽll be a demo to test performance out sometime soon.

News Comments > Overgrowth Announced
2. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 14:07 Rilcon

Lugaru was/is an awesome game; If this is just more of the same with newer tech, it'd still be an instant purchase for me.

News Comments > Damnation Movie
5. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2008, 17:38 Rilcon

HATE, NEGATIVITY, DESPAIR

Jesus Christ when did the internet turn into such a pit of loathing?

Anyways, I liked GoW, and this didn't even make me think of it. The actual gameplay parts looked nice.

News Comments > EVE Expands
9. Re: Gameplay Jun 11, 2008, 19:06 Rilcon

Somewhere between 200k and 300k, last I heard.

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost & Oblivion Similarities
39. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 19:04 Rilcon

Oh my lord. It's a 2D adventure game with "pre-rendered" environments. It looks like someone just went into the game (Oblivion, Thief, and probably a few others), removed UI in options, toned down the graphics and took a few screenshots. That or they loaded up map tools for the game and did it there.

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 More Casual
17. Re: No subject May 30, 2008, 14:27 Rilcon

The reason I DIDN'T buy BG&E was because I found the demo to be stupidly easy. Damnit, I even like this type of game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut
8. Re: Oh well Apr 8, 2008, 16:55 Rilcon

WTF are you doing?! Didn't you get the memo, we have to all be pissy fatalists full of hate and loathing!

Sheesh, some people...

News Comments > BioWare Q&A
5. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 14:36 Rilcon

Great, Dragon Age pretty much confirmed for consoles. Now to start making the game simpler, don't want to have to complicate development by having to work on making a PC style interface work later on for consoles.

News Comments > Spaceforce Captains Demo
3. Re: Turn based!!!! Feb 20, 2008, 14:07 Rilcon

For fucks what, exactly?

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Left 4 Summer
23. Re: No subject Jan 12, 2008, 12:49 Rilcon

Delaying a game is the best thing that can happen to it. Just one month is enough to turn a pile of shit into something halfway fun.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: No subject Nov 10, 2007, 10:28 Rilcon

Most store catalogues have fineprint somewhere that state that all prices are valid until Xth date, unless misprinted. I assume that that's also part of online store's Terms & Conditions.

For actual in-store items, the sticker is the price, though.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Demo Thursday
13. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2007, 16:04 Rilcon

Shooting through walls? Well, that just turned this game from "meh", to "will look into" on my list. The amount of times a piece of plywood or sheet metal has saved someone from machine gun fire in most every game out there makes me sick. (When in a supposedly realistic FPS, not UT or what not).

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game Revealed
19. Re: No subject May 12, 2007, 20:19 Rilcon

A new SoF would be quite nice. They were awesome as stress relief, and I actually finished both games on hardest difficulty without killing anyone (except for bosses and triggers).

As for a female elite force member not being authentic (which happens to, you know, not be true), we're talking about a franchise with undead and friggen robot-hitler here...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Infernal
6. Re: This looks moderately interesting May 10, 2007, 05:42 Rilcon

Unless the demo lied, you're actually some sort of demon-thing out killing monks. No, seriously.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: No subject May 4, 2007, 23:10 Rilcon

Macs get their share of gaming news on this site. Thing is, that share isn't very large, or very interesting.

195 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo