Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for David Kimmel

Real Name David Kimmel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname kibbled
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2005, 14:16
Total Comments 95 (Suspect)
User ID 24140

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
9. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 12, 2013, 12:18 kibbled

El Pit wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 10:25:
Dear WoW, please call again once you're free to play. I might consider dating you then, but don't count on it.

Here's an idea, ActiBlizz: give away the base game for free and make that part (and ONLY that part) free to play. I'm sure a lot of people will bite and give you money for the dozen (or so) of add-ons.

The 1st 20 levels are free to play and the 1st month is included after you buy the base game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Trading Cards Beta
15. Re: Steam Trading Cards Beta May 15, 2013, 19:32 kibbled

dj LiTh wrote on May 15, 2013, 18:08:
Virtual trading cards....what next virtual pogs?

Look, Gordon Freeman is back....In Pog form.

Honestly I haven't played a steam game in so long because of WoW. But I don't see the harm in it. They know there are other competitors out there and they want to create brand loyalty.

Personally, except for Blizzard games I will not buy a PC game if it isn't on Steam.

News Comments > Bond Games MIA
11. Re: Bond Games MIA Jan 5, 2013, 01:58 kibbled

Blizzard already has the infrastructure with battlenet. To re-download all my blizzard games I just have to go to my battlenet account.  

News Comments > Valve Play Testing
5. Re: Valve Play Testing Oct 9, 2012, 22:21 kibbled

Minuit wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 21:18:
John wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 21:06:
I wanna play test HL3.
They've decided to go in a bit of a different direction with that. It's now a text adventure, and you start just west of a white house.

The magic word is XYZZY.

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month
10. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 9, 2012, 23:08 kibbled

Just looking over the website it looks like a Diablo Clone but instead of Warrior, Mage, Archer you chose one of the Marvel Superheroes like Spiderman, Thing or Deadbolt.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 18, 2012, 12:55 kibbled

Mine was out. I am not going to gripe about it. I never noticed when my gmail has gone down in the past if it has, and this time was only an hour. I wish my work email was as effective.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
7. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 3, 2012, 11:44 kibbled

I am going to through this out there. Maybe its just a "Steam" Branded PC with some extra functionality that is sold by another company like Gateway or Dell.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2011, 15:44 kibbled

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 15:40:
Ratty wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 12:20:
kibbled wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 12:01:
My favorite BBQ chicken recipe is beer can chicken. The only prep is you coat the chicken in spices and stick a potato in to keep the moisture. I personally use a lemon or apple. Fill a beer/soda can 1/4 of beer and then stick the whole chicken on top of a Beer Can Chicken Holder. You keep the temp at 350 for 90 minutes. All the fat will drip off but the moisture stays in. If you keep a pan underneath the chicken there is no mess.
Wow! ME TOO! That chicken is the best. Always moist and juicy even as cold leftovers. That's an ATK recipe too and one of my favorites. I used a big ol' can of Bud the first time I did it but it was too hard to take it in and out of the oven without it tipping over so when I saw one of those vertical roasters at a thrift store for 5 dollars I went and got it. The ATK recipe has a maple-molasses-mustard glaze. I'll try cramming a potato up there next time I make it.

I do it on the grill outside, as it CAN be dangerous to do in the house. There are numerous writeups about people badly burning themselves and or starting a fire in the house....I know I know....just sayin.

I usually do it on the grill, I was talking about the thermometer on the grill. I still place the chicken on a pan so I don't have to worry about cleanup.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2011, 12:01 kibbled

My favorite BBQ chicken recipe is beer can chicken. The only prep is you coat the chicken in spices and stick a potato in to keep the moisture. I personally use a lemon or apple. Fill a beer/soda can 1/4 of beer and then stick the whole chicken on top of a Beer Can Chicken Holder. You keep the temp at 350 for 90 minutes. All the fat will drip off but the moisture stays in. If you keep a pan underneath the chicken there is no mess.  

News Comments > Activision Financials, Diablo III Beta This Quarter
9. Re: Activision Financials, Diablo III Beta This Quarter Aug 4, 2011, 01:00 kibbled

Cutter wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 22:28:
WoW may live for another decade for sure, but as a niche product much like UO. If it's not hemmoraghing customers on a massive scale now it will be soon with SWTOR, GW2, Titan, etc. At this point there's little keeping anyone around WoW except for the social aspect of it, and for the serious raiders and pvpers - a minority.

I am hoping that Blizzard will have a one price for all of their MMOs. You have to buy the client but after that you can play both games for the same monthly fee.

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria
6. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 2, 2011, 21:58 kibbled

This could be a Red Herring. They may of Trademarked it as a joke or at least no one else could use it.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2011, 16:51 kibbled

I didn't see this listed but Duke Nukem Forever is $24.99 on steam.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Specs
8. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Specs May 3, 2011, 15:48 kibbled

Any word about the demo coming out? I got my pass.  

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
46. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 13:14 kibbled

Quboid wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 11:46:
I was surprised by how bad the DLC is - 1.59 for a gesture? I'll give Valve a gesture for free. That genuinely makes horse armour look like a good deal. However, it's all entirely ignorable so to hell with it, the game's pretty good so far. It was never going to be as good as Portal because Portal came out of nowhere.

Question (spoiler): I haven't finished it yet so maybe this is explained, but how come the protagonist is back in Aperture's labs? I assumed I was a completely different character until GlaDOS recognised me.

As someone said above read the comic also Valve updated Portal 1 with a patch where Chell was dragged back to Aperture Science after beating GLaDOS.

News Comments > Portal 2/Half-Life 2 Speculation
1. Re: Portal 2/Half-Life 2 Speculation Feb 28, 2011, 17:17 kibbled

I think it is either a hidden room like the "Lost" room in Episode 2 or maybe a hidden level.

Isn't Portal 2 supposed to take place 100's of years after Portal 1?

News Comments > Salem Perma-Death Explained
4. Re: Salem Perma-Death Explained Feb 10, 2011, 12:55 kibbled

Quoting the article "If your character is killed in the game...their descendent has the ability to pick up where your character left off."

It seems like it is like how any other MMOG handles death except that your character gets a new game. Could be interesting.

News Comments > Steam 2010 Revenue Nearly $1 Billion?
41. Re: Steam 2010 Revenue Nearly $1 Billion Feb 3, 2011, 16:11 kibbled

Newell noted that about half of the 250 people currently working at Valve came directly out of the gaming community.

From an interview with Gabe Newell last October.

35. Re: Steam 2010 Revenue Nearly $1 Billion Feb 3, 2011, 14:18 kibbled

I got the number of employees from Wikipedia and it doesn't separate the Steam employees from the rest of Valve. My weird statistic was just to point out that even tho the revenue from Steam is not as much as Gamestop but it is much more profitable.

Both Gamestop and Steam sells games. Gamestop requires 6000 stores to do it while Steam requires a website.

27. Re: Steam 2010 Revenue Nearly $1 Billion Feb 3, 2011, 13:07 kibbled

I think it is a fair comparison because they are both in game selling business. Each Gamestop employee generates $184,000 in revenue while each Valve employee generates $4,000,000. Gamestop has to work a lot harder and a lot higher costs to generate the income than Valve does.

Besides, All Gamestop does is sell games and hardware. One you are out of the store Gamestop does nothing for you. When you buy a steam game you got a lot of value like automatic updates and multiplayer game matching.

Yes, I know servers and bandwidth cost money but I am sure it is a lot easier and cheaper to work with that than working with store full of teenagers.

25. Re: Steam 2010 Revenue Nearly $1 Billion Feb 3, 2011, 12:36 kibbled

Compare these numbers to Gamestop which I consider caters primarily to the console crowd.

According to Wikipedia Gamestop generated $9 Billion in revenue out of 6606 stores world wide (corp website)and 49,500 employees (Wikipedia). Valve only has 250 employees (Wikipedia).

Yes Gamestop has revenue over 9x greater than Steam but the overhead is much greater also.

These numbers make me confidant that Steam is going to be around for a while even if Valve the game company goes away.

95 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo