Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 378 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > EA: "We will continue to support Darkspore"
10. Re: EA: Jul 2, 2013, 08:20 Theo

Don't be confused; its cutter. Droped ill informed comments are order of the day.  

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
19. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 08:30 Theo

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 07:17:
Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 20:54:
Play fair? Like building your game to encourage people to have to use the RMAH so you can profit by it? That sort of fair?

Cutter tears in every thread. Sigh.

no just more of cutter displaying that he has either never played the game, or is a troll, or stupid. take your pick.

News Comments > Steam Workshop Royalties Expand
7. Re: Steam Workshop Royalties Expand Jun 27, 2013, 17:56 Theo

nin wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 16:48:
Theo wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 16:41:
its stuff like this that will make me revise my whole i hate valve thing... gg valve

I know, right?! "PEOPLE ARE LEAVIN IN DROVESSSSSSSSSS!"

lol

News Comments > Steam Workshop Royalties Expand
3. Re: Steam Workshop Royalties Expand Jun 27, 2013, 16:41 Theo

its stuff like this that will make me revise my whole i hate valve thing... gg valve

News Comments > Steam Game Sharing Planned?
51. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 16:11 Theo

Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 14:48:
I think his point wasn't that the Xbox One wouldn't let you share games, just that it will require about a million asterisks attached. Microsoft itself isn't very clear on the details, there's a lot of back and forth going around about what qualifies as a friend, what kind of sharing can be done (SP vs MP games) and if it's even intended for anything but family.

Anyways it's too early to say how anything will compare, I doubt the publishers would allow Steam to do too much, much of Steams protection is based on publisher demand.

base line policy is here,http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

i have to say - other than the retarded phone home shit (that i think is probably needed for various bits of the flexibility) seem ok.

dont get me wrong; rather they stuck with the status quote, but its not that different to the way i use steam, i dont tend to keep my whole libary installed (i cant its fucking huge), and i dont really do my gaming on the road, so my steam is always signed in.

News Comments > Fez II Announced
18. Re: Fez II Announced Jun 14, 2013, 07:02 Theo

Just to be clear about why i said what i said (admittedly posted a bit drunken).

I dont hate Phil Fish because he said bad things about the PC. I don't hate him because he has temper tantrums; i don't hate consoles and i certainly dont think that Fez is a bad game. Its actually quiet a brilliant game that i loved. Then there was a game crippling bug.

Phil Fish, chose to release Fez first on the Xbox360, i have one - i liked the idea of the game and day1 purchased the game. Now when Phil signed his deal with Microsoft, he knew exactly what the terms of developing for that platform were, if he didn't he should have. I am a consumer, its not my fault if he makes a mistake; but he should in my eyes respect that i have put money in his pocket for a game, along with thousands of other people who purchased and wanted to enjoy the wonderful game he created.

So for those that are not aware a few months after Fez came out a patch was released; that patch had a bug that corrupted save games, effectively ruining the experience for a bunch of people that enjoyed the game. The patch was pulled, then put back; and eventually was left there.

Fish said that he didn't want to patch the game to fix the issue; It costs tens of thousands of $'s to patch on XBL; and he was not prepared to patch the game again, on the basis that he might break something else, and he might have to spend even more money to fix the issues created by the development process.

So here we are , with a studio who sold over quarter of a million copy's of a "indy" game on a platform, even when you consider MS taking their cut, that's around million $'s turnover. So to me, this isn't about his sh1t talking about PCs and then change of heart, this is about his attitude towards me as a consumer and the ownership he takes of problems his team cause in a product i purchased. In my eyes, he knew what his deal with the big bad devil entailed and when something went bad, he was unwilling to do the right thing.

Dont get me wrong, i am not entitled to a dam thing, i don't really feel like that; its more a case of say "i wont support game X because of the company's stance on DRM", or "i wont buy game X cause of the company s stance on always online",

So... i wont support this developer because of his stance towards me as a consumer. Its a crying shame because Fez was a wonderful product that i wanted to support.

Its not like hating Cliffy B, cliff says stupid shit; sometimes he can sound like a total ass. But when it comes to his products, take aside if you like them or not, he always at least attempts to right thing by the people that have purchased his product.

News Comments > Fez II Announced
1. Re: Fez II Announced Jun 13, 2013, 21:07 Theo

fuck fish , please please please dont support this.  

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion in 2014?
34. Re: Diablo III Expansion in 2014? Jun 13, 2013, 05:10 Theo

hang on let me revise this post.

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Early Launch Delays
9. Re: Marvel Heroes Early Launch Delays May 29, 2013, 16:42 Theo

After been in beta for quiet some time, i find it amusing that Dave thought it cool to talk about how he would have done D3 different and crap on about being "core d2 team members and creators etc",

given that this game is literally terrible. and I mean AWFUL.

News Comments > Endless Space: Disharmony Announced
2. Re: Endless Space: Disharmony Announced May 29, 2013, 04:05 Theo

really enjoyed this game, moar is better imo.

News Comments > Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed
33. Re: Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed May 17, 2013, 12:10 Theo

you arnt playing almost every mmo on the market in that case mate [exageration, but lots of games are using it unfortunately these-days :(]

its uninstallable in lols case as its only used in the initial install, unlike say Aion where it is used for patching [and lotr for that matter].

If you have success finding an installer without do let me know, if you are desperate i could always zip up my lol folder but thats no more trust worthy

This comment was edited on May 17, 2013, 12:45.

31. Re: Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed May 17, 2013, 09:09 Theo

Verno wrote on May 17, 2013, 08:41:
Theo wrote on May 17, 2013, 02:15:
PS: dont know where you got your installer from, but either A) the wrong place, or your AV has got it wrong. Can PvE in lol as well, and the PvE community in lol tends to be really nice if thats your thing.

Thanks for the heads up on the other stuff, I will definitely give LoL a shot sometime. The installer thing I was talking about was like two years ago and it was definitely bundled with some weird tencent adware distro software, I'm sure they've changed it by now but back then it really turned me off.

Ahh wait, you probably mean pando media booster, and i think thats still bundled, Its basically bit torrent but secured by certificates; and its encrypted + a server seeds the torrent.

The reason some AV checkers mark it as bad is because the "free version" that is used for other purposes is add funded, the one the lol client uses is not as its the software plugin that riot pay them for.

29. Re: Dawngate, EA's MOBA Game Revealed May 17, 2013, 02:15 Theo

Verno wrote on May 16, 2013, 12:19:

I've never played LoL so no idea (went to install it and the installer had adware attached), all I ever hear about it is that it's a more rudimentary take on the Dota formula, not that there's anything wrong with that. I know it's very successful though, particularly in the asian markets.

Its got the most active users of any game in the world as far as i am aware, WoW included. Some research recently (no doubt paid for by valve) said dota was the biggest game of its type in the world; untill riot point out that they had more active users on the european server alone. Company that did the "research" since retracted the statement.

Lol is a great game (as is dota), least if you like that sorta thing. DOTA has the upside of being able to play all the champs from the off, where as in lol you buy them (but you dont need to spend real money to do so) otherwise you are stuck with the random pool that gets switched out every few weeks.

There is no denying a Lol, but there are also no bullshit random mechanics as there are in dota (critical chance aside). Dota is a more "modern" gfx style.

Personally i like both games, to watch lol tends to be more exciting (if you like e-sports); lol also got the 3 other game types/maps/ to dick around with so that can be fun.

both community's are toxic, they really are, but dota's is a whole new level of bad shame cause the games awesome fun (if you like that kinda thing).

PS: dont know where you got your installer from, but either A) the wrong place, or your AV has got it wrong. Can PvE in lol as well, and the PvE community in lol tends to be really nice if thats your thing.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2013, 05:44.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FEZ
39. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FEZ May 3, 2013, 06:00 Theo

Flatline wrote on May 2, 2013, 18:15:
The proper response here would have been to either roll the patch back or take FEZ off the XBLA. Microsoft shares some greed culpability here too, but so does the designer. He'll gladly take your money for a product he knows is broken (along with MS to be fair) and tell you "You're fucked motherfucker."

It's right along the edge of fraud really.

according to Microsoft they offered special terms to Fish re the patching as it was billed in a arcade promotion, no-one knows the details, but they released a press statement that basically said "we've tried to fix this, offered special terms - they still declined to resolve the situation".

Fish knew EXACTLY what the terms of being on XBLA are when he signed the deal, its not like it was a surprise to him - Microsoft marketed the game (xbox market place was full of adverts for it); then (allegedly) offered special terms to fix the situation and Fish still fucked over each and everyone of his customers on the platform that made him.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FEZ
37. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FEZ May 2, 2013, 14:42 Theo

Verno wrote on May 2, 2013, 08:37:
As for Phil Fish and Fez, I'm torn because I like good games but it's hard to knowingly support such a tremendous douchebag who has basically spit on my favorite platform. On the flipside I guess most companies have a few of them so *shrug*

If it helps Verno, he spat on his release platform as well;

"hi the game has a massive save deleting crippling bug; we aren't patching it though because Microsoft charge for patches, something i of course knew before i released [something ive know since i got in bed with them]. enjoy the game."

he does not deserve to be supported, the guys a prick.

Cutter wrote on May 2, 2013, 01:02:
Do I sense the presence of Derek Smart in the building?

No Fez is a excellent game [unlike anything smart ever made], the game designer is just worth of a shoe to the arse.

News Comments > Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP
66. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 23, 2013, 03:25 Theo

personally i dont think it would have mattered if star-dock of GB would have got it, each seems likely to give us shit out the other-end; its a shame the kick starter that actually cared about it didn't get it, at least it would have been an opportunity for a start up dev crew to get a foot on the ladder.

Lets face it at this point the IPs been dead for 10 years, i can see this turning out like the AoE2 HD remake; IE terrible

News Comments > Stardock Plans "At Least" Two Game Announcements
4. Re: Stardock Plans Apr 10, 2013, 16:44 Theo

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 16:15:
I know some people have a problem with Brad, but Stardock is exactly the kind of developer we should be supporting:

• They self publish

• They do strategy games (less common these days)

• They're not a huge conglomerate

• They have shown an ability to learn from their mistakes

• They're hiring some top notch talent.

• They don't burden their games with onerous DRM

• You can play their games offline

• They also think its cool to call every person who bought a utterly none-functioning multiplayer game Toxic. screw stardock and the horse they rode in on (shame i rather like ironclad games).

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.8 on PTR
    3. Re: Diablo III 1.0.8 on PTR Apr 9, 2013, 09:42 Theo

for those of us that still play D3, these notes are good news - new gamdirector really gets it. long may it continue.

News Comments > Jay Wilson: Auction Houses "Really Hurt" Diablo III
    96. Re: Jay Wilson: Auction Houses Mar 30, 2013, 04:45 Theo

ItBurn wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 19:14:
    That's called Path of Exile. It has excellent mechanics overall. It's just not as polished as D3.

Its a great game - the fighting's jarringly slow :-( the rest of the mechanics are great however.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2013, 05:04.

News Comments > Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month
    1. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 16:35 Theo

SOE announces? .... thats some what wrong.  

378 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 3.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo