Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 393 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellgate: London Returning
22. Re: Hellgate: London Returning Jan 19, 2010, 07:45 Theo

its pretty obvious that life time subs are not gonna fly (diff pulisher got that money), however what i wonder is... will my old box work or are they attempting to re sell the game to people...

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Infinity Ward on MW2 Fixes
16. Re: Infinity Ward on MW2 Fixes Dec 18, 2009, 08:51 Theo

hi we're infinity ward, we are rich and we clearly dont give a fuck! (but some of our staff do).

News Comments > Borderlands 2?
14. Re: Borderlands 2? Nov 11, 2009, 15:34 Theo

Interviews like this feel more like press puff than anything. No hard ball questions about what happened to the PC user interface that Randy claimed was in the game. I'm happy theres going to be DLC but shouldn't a patch be issued to fix problems first?

this, 400 times over.

News Comments > 3000AD MMOG Tease
49. Re: 3000AD MMOG Tease Oct 2, 2009, 10:46 Theo

hang on, how is 100 people on a server a MMO? i assume there is some kinda cross server interaction? or did you mean a persistant multiplayer game as apposed to a mmo?

News Comments > 3000AD MMOG Tease
36. Re: 3000AD MMOG Tease Oct 2, 2009, 02:13 Theo

worst mmo ever, calling it now.

News Comments > Wardell on GFWL: "They Take Over, I'm Done"
53. Re: Wardell on GFWL: Oct 1, 2009, 15:59 Theo

But i dont remember it "sucking", it remmeber it being what they wernt used to.

yes it got forced upon them, agreed. (and the same is true now, buy halflife 2 in the shops, you still need steam - EVEN if you dont have a internet connection for your single player game). thing is, now people dont care that its STILL forced upon them.

The delivery seemed decent from day 1 if you ask me, least that was the experiance for me, CS 1.6 or whatever it was, downloaded and was running the same night i grudgingly installed it.

48. Re: Wardell on GFWL Oct 1, 2009, 15:04 Theo

GFWL and the PC/Console arguement are intertlinked, not for a good reason, but because PC users make it so. look at the arguements in this topic, but i digress.

with regards to the "dont talk like a child comment", thats EXACTLY the reaction PC users had when valve forced steam on them, at least a substantial amount of them. most of the regular PC gaming forums, were full of this stuff, i was re-enforcing your point. I don't use my console m8, its used as a media player.

anyhow, personally i dont have anything against GFWL as a USER platform, and for games that require peer to peer match making its the best platform to use on a connections and technical basis. thats kinda my whole point and arguement. The comparisions with steam ARE stupid, because steam CAN NOT do these things.

anyhow...

38. Re: Wardell on GFWL: Oct 1, 2009, 14:26 Theo

PC gamers don't really want peer to peer game matching functionality though. They want server browsers because that's what they've been used to since Quake 1. And yes the comparison is applicable because the services offer the same features, albeit in different ways.

Some game's arnt suited to being deadicated server based, if people cant realise that, then they need to wise up. Not only that, tell the warcraft 3 community they dont want peer to peer gaming; or the command and conquer community. What people want is to feel elitist, with out having a good reason for it, cause they are "pc gamers". ignorance is as bad as stupidity, especially if you refuse to learn and fix the problem (thats a statement, not directly aimed at you).

Some people have an irrational hatred for GfWL because it was terrible in the past but some of us are smarter than that. I remember when -everyone- hated Steam and I mean everyone. Nowadays Steam is almost universally adored.

Yup i remmeber to, "WAAAAAaaa i just want my counter strike 1.5, without steam, whats this malware i have to install, WAAAAAaaa". X years laters, "i just bought L4D of steam, its awsome".

GfWL could be that way too but they need to drop the attitude that PC gamers and console gamers are interchangeable

I dont see why we cant be, in fact i would prefer it if we were. some games work better on PC, and some on console; thats down to a number of things, if the games are social and how so, control styles etc etc. lets put it this way, ive spent the last 3 months playing SFiV on the PC, its awsome; undoubtedly its a fighting game and fighting games are for consoles, the PC community around it is great. right now, i am playing the new batman game, its also awsome, despite being a obvious console game; i love the fact i dont have to shell out for a xbox to play it (i have one but thats not the point).

its a good game, who gives a toss what platform its deisgned for? a good game is a good game, period. the problems come from crap console ports that have made everyone sick of consoles.

they need to work on adding features that PC gamers are comfortable with and they need to continue improving the product instead of letting it stagnate. People told them for the better part of two years that charging for it would never work and look how long it took them to respond. No wonder people are upset.

I kinda agree with this, but PC games (and ive been one for like i dunno since the early 90's) need to get the hell over themselves. just because they own a PC dosnt make them superior - it really is a case of get out more.

Microsoft can be the leader of the PC gaming industry again, it just needs to show some goodwill to the community and focus on giving consumers what they're asking for.

Id like to see GFWL worked on to incororate more "proper pc features", like server lists etc - but like i said, most of the hate is from people who basically have no good reason for it other than a ability to move on and adapt.

you know last week i actaully found a dude still using windows 98, cause it was "better for gaming"? honest, i shit you not.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2009, 14:31.

32. Re: Wardell on GFWL: Oct 1, 2009, 13:58 Theo

I tell you what cracks me up about this, people make sweeping statements like "steam is better" and "stardock is better" but not ONE of them offers the functionality that GFWL offers.

GWFL has a few things that if people took there microsoft blinkers off that other products dont, (that said, it lacks many that others have); point being peer to peer match making. it just fucking works (TM). The irony of this is that had demigod utilised the peer to peer match making in GFWL rather than there own cluster screw of a system in the demigod product, it most likely wouldnt have been totally flawed. the game might have worked when they released it, rather than stardock stealing money off people for a none working product.

As for the comercials, i wouldnt know about that; and honestly that appears to be Frogboys main issue. thats fine and MS need to wise up.

it just strikes me that people need to realise that its good at what it does. Steam and stardock dont offer the same game intergrated peer to peer match making that GFWL does, and comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges, its utterly stupid.

some problems with perception have also been caused from a user point of view with how developers have chose to intergrate (like i think it was GTA that required you to sign in to play even singleplayer).... thats the developers fault, not a fault of the platform (see street fighter IV for instance).

as for the client itself i dont see the issue, its unintrusive, only does something when a game is running and doesnt sit there and chew 40 megs of ram when your not even in game(ala steam - admittedly all you need do is close it).

steam and stardock are good content delivery services, GFWL is a good peer to peer matching system, both have uses; i dont see why people rage on it so much when nothing else offeres the same functionality.

/Theo

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2009, 14:11.

News Comments > DDO Unlimited Trailer
4. Re: DDO Unlimited Trailer Oct 1, 2009, 10:03 Theo

cau us euro's play the free to play yet?

News Comments > Star Trek Online Clip
26. Re: Star Trek Online Clip Sep 8, 2009, 08:11 Theo

so there is only me that likes the look of this popcorn startrek game?

also, @advocate, id like to read up the ACK packet thing, being a network engineer who actaully understands tcp, should make interesting reading, specially as it sounds like tosh. do you have any infos i could peruse please? (especially as this sounds like the good old .net broken socket implementation).

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2009, 08:16.

News Comments > Blizzard: New MMOG "Significantly Different" from WoW
33. Re: Blizzard: New MMOG Sep 2, 2009, 16:26 Theo

to be honest grindy games drive me around the bend also, weird given i sub to at least 2 of them. i think thats one of EvE's charms is that a 1 week noob can totally change the fact of a battle; its the knoladge of how to fight thats important in that game not the skillpoints.

admittedly said n00b will get blown up, but he might just get the tackle (holding a enemy ship down) before he goes - thats what i love about that.

tbh i dont think warcraft is that bad when it comes to the level grind, its just when you get to 80 you realise its just more things to grind (equipment etc);

its really only level grinds that drive me around the bend, i like grinding content as long as its fun content. leveling really drives me around the twist, id say the one exception to this is anarchy online were leveling is done wholey in teams, that makes it fun (but obviously you then have the issue of A) finding a team and B) them not being retards C) agreeing what content to do to level.

Wow's grind i didnt like mainly down to the fact that the "adventuring" is mainly designed around solo play, and if i wanted to solo, id be playing mass effect or something.

I hope blizz bring something new to the arena, but they never never inovate they tend to just take the old and polish the pants out of it and "improve" it.

i think its true that with certain mmo's once you hit max level there is nothing to do, but thats getting rare'r i think the problem is the defacto tends to be put a equipment grind in, as apposed to having a compelling end game pvp mechanic.

/Theo

27. Re: Game Reviews Sep 2, 2009, 09:57 Theo

weird doublepost. sorry.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2009, 09:58.

26. Re: Game Reviews Sep 2, 2009, 09:57 Theo

i currently have 3 eve subs, 1 warcraft sub, a AoC sub.
Translated as: I am a virgin. I live at home with my parents in the basement.

32, stable relationship. Just because i sub to a bunch of games, does not mean i play them 24/7. I play usually Tuesday night, Wednesday night after the gym and sunday's. I also get to play almost any time the other half is A) in the gym, B) out with the girls, C) watching telly.

I like to have a choice what i play, and have the money to keep the accounts open, MMO's are my hobby - not my life.

Did you get a kick out of that btw, big mean internet warrior? i think it says more about you than it does me.

/Theo

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2009, 09:59.

21. Re: Blizzard: New MMOG Sep 2, 2009, 07:49 Theo

i currently have 3 eve subs, 1 warcraft sub, a AoC sub.

lots of folks do it. its not for everyone but i play mmo's almost exclusivly there are a bunch of people who are very much mmo only players (or for the most part anyhow).

/Theo

News Comments > EVE Online Banking Story
25. Re: EVE Online Banking Story Aug 26, 2009, 17:12 Theo

for what its worth, i made some SERIOUS cash out of ebank got out just before the first scandal. anyone investing in this, really took a risk from day one; and that realistically is the whole thing with EvE, for every wrong doing and for every scandal, there is a glorious victory.

thing is, fair fights dont make news.

News Comments > Mac and Linux QUAKE LIVE Tuesday
10. Re: Mac and Linux QUAKE LIVE Tuesday Aug 16, 2009, 09:45 Theo

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 16, 2009, 10:18.

News Comments > Premium QUAKE LIVE Coming
10. Re: Premium QUAKE LIVE Coming Aug 14, 2009, 06:29 Theo

people need to get a grip.

premium content for this, is just going to include the private server features (something you dont get right now anyhow unless a very slect beta tester),

its also likly that it will include the ability to turn off all the ads (like file planet) - and also the ability to create laders and other tourney features.

this wont effect anyone playing for free. and if yuor playing for free youll still be able to join piravte servers (obviously with password), just not create or modify the rule set on them.

i love who the "least complain cause they have mentioned money" do so without facts and without the slightest clue.

/Theo

News Comments > Borderlands Interview
9. Re: Borderlands Interview Aug 6, 2009, 04:55 Theo

some people need to learn what cell shading is and stop using the friggin words incorrectly.

News Comments > EVE Online Movie
15. Re: EVE Online Movie Jul 30, 2009, 07:47 Theo

whoever it was early down whos "true version" of the video ended up in him getting podded needs to stop spewing utter crap.

there is only 2 ways youll get podded in lowsec, 1 smartbomb, 2 Utter frigging failure on the owner of the pod.

and its obviously not possible to kill a larger ship in a smaller one, and obviously not possible to solo. http://damt.lost-chapter.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=1668 (ahem).

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2009, 07:50.

393 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo