Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 390 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions
19. Re: QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions Aug 7, 2010, 08:30 Theo

Kobalt wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 08:00:
Theo wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 06:49:

tbh the quake live service is a great on if you are in to quake; and its totally cheap.

Hey you know whats cheap? God damn quake 3. Let's see one time fee, Or you could pay forever(few months of premium and you could have just bought the damn game). And get laughed at whenever you mention you pay a monthly fee for a borderline ancient non mmo fps.

ID COMING OUT WITH THESE CRAZY SALES1!

I'll laugh when rage fails like every id related game since quake 3 and they cement their status as just a shitty development team inside the company that made oblivion.

1. Q3 doesnt let you host your own servers at the push of a button at a industry standard data centre.

2. Q3 dosnt have tourney level balance changes.

3. have you tried to connect to a quake server these day from the retail box? clearly not. what with the differing mods, map packs, point releases its a fucking night mare, at least this gives people the chance to play (by your own admission) a great Id title for FREE (yes read it) FREE; if you want whats in the q3 box; you already get all that for free + 1 additional well balanced game type. not to mention the standard account has more maps than q3 out of the box.

4. i aint 12 man, i stoped caring years ago about what people think of me, if i like a service ill pay for it. you dont like it? dont pay for it? what is infuriating to me (personally) is generic hate with baseless arguements; isnt it just enough to say "not for me" and walk away?

5. the premium sub works out at 15 quid a year for me, thats the same as a xbox live arcade game - if i play the new map remakes for it more than 5 hours (already did), i am happy. a pro subscription works out at 40 quid a year; not sure i play enough to warrent getting that personally; but its certainly not massive cash.

like someone said earlyer, its the cost of a pint beer or 2 a month. a beer takes what, 5 mins to drink; so if i enjoy a game of quake live for a hour a month, why is it such a bad thing? thats not event to mention achivements, community , stat tracking that quake live has - to say its the same as quake 3 isnt acurate, its quake 3 with bells and whistles, its certianly the best q3 mod/portal i have ever played and i have been playing since test.

/theo

PS: If your argument is based on your general hate of ID, then you have no arguement; just hate, go you - get a cookie.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2010, 10:45.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions
16. Re: QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions Aug 7, 2010, 06:49 Theo

My Lord, IT IS FREE. You just pay for additional features, the best of them being the ability to spawn private servers up at Id's data centers.

if you want wanna pay monthly dont, youll still be able to play the premium maps if you have a mate on your friends list who is a premium member; they just need to send you a invite in to a server you spawn.

imo its actaully imo a good way of doing this (age of game aside), you dont make it so people cant play the new content; you just make it so someone who is a sub;s payer has to invite them.

tbh the quake live service is a great on if you are in to quake; and its totally cheap.

/fanboi detected.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 30, 2010, 19:19 Theo

Quboid wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 16:10:
Either is grammatically correct in British English, although the usage here would only be used in formal context like a headline.

Fixed it for you wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 16:10:
Either is grammatically correct in English, although the usage here would only be used in formal context like a headline.

hehe, sorry , /grin could not resist.

/Theo

News Comments > Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround
46. Re: Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround Jun 28, 2010, 04:39 Theo

am i gonna get flamed for saying, i bought the game on console this weekend; not had any texture issues on the xbox, and it is so far really fun game (and fairly pretty as well).

shame about the issue people are reporting , the game is genuinly fun (not exactly ground breaking, but for something thats taking the better parts of othergames its doing a excellent job).

Hope there is a patch ASAP to get users up and running and enjoying the game, the last thing raven need is more bad press... what happened to them as a studio ? i remember a house that made great games one upon a time.

/Theo

News Comments > RAGE Trailers
22. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 14:27 Theo

space captain wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 14:15:
its been a long while since id made a awesome game to go along with their awesome engines.. not convinced on this yet

id probly be more excited to see what bethesda would do with this engine

tbh as long as its a good game id be happy;

what supprises me about Id is "good games", oftern become "awful rubbish games" just because they are id and they dont hit the expectation level. if any other dev made them i suspect (lets use doom3 as a example) then it would go down as a "solid good game, that i enjoyed, not without flaws etc" or such like, cause its Id its "trash" - that gets to me a bit.

(btw not accusing you of this dude, your comment just got me to airing something ive wanted to say for a while regarding id).

personally rage looked good fun, i hope in the quest to put in loads of toys they dont forget the awsome atmosphere that some of there games have had.

News Comments > RAGE Trailers
19. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 14:10 Theo

other than post apoc setting, its nothing like boarder lands tbh; least it seems to be more than a large empty playfield with 1 interactable npcs and 10 billion baddies.

boardlands would have been a good game if (pc multi issues aside) the play fields wernt so fekkin soulless, least the shots around towns seem to have proper npcs about.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Alien Breed: Impact
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Alien Breed: Impact Jun 4, 2010, 07:56 Theo

so is this actaully any better than the xbox game that its based on ?

(in that the console game wasnt even any good).

News Comments > Aion Servers to Merge, Grind to Ease
11. Re: Aion Servers to Merge, Grind to Ease May 24, 2010, 14:05 Theo

NCsoft are ae publisher. different development houses. arena.net are responsible for guildwars.  

News Comments > Aion Servers to Merge, Grind to Ease
9. Re: Aion Servers to Merge, Grind to Ease May 21, 2010, 10:26 Theo

the reason i quit was acatully in the first 2 weeks, grinding never really bothered me as long as the combat is fun. (fucking mail delivery quest do bother me tho, and quests that dress up grinding just make me laugh, hence the hatered of wow).

basically when i could not login for 2 weeks stright and didnt want to re roll after my first char hit lvl 30 i quit.

had they fixed the server issues quicker, then id still be playing now, i liked the game, combat was fun.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2010, 12:54 Theo

I think what blue is trying to get at is that given the demographic of this site, people need to realise that the add's they block are what funds blues efforts to deliver us a site we have been enjoying for many years.

whilst i agree regarding your points on virus software, there is nothing wrong with something like adware, or Search and destroy (even has a registry monitor).

I do use a adblocker, but for certain sites i allow the adds. this is one of those sites on the basis that i want to support the good people up at blue tower

I also use IE tho, and most "geeks" frown on that. however id encourage anyone to do some serious research in to firefox's security record over the last few years comparible to IE's - results are supprising (not negitive etherway,certainly supprising tho).

i say this with a certain amount of informed opinion on this tho as internet security is my day job. general users do need a good way of funding sites and blocking the nasties.

how many people would stay if blue offered a pay service and got rid of adds? (and here we go with the old , waaa waaa waaa i wanna pirate it debate).

/Theo

News Comments > Stolen SF4 Footage Sought
2. Re: Stolen SF4 Footage Sought Apr 24, 2010, 16:48 Theo

this fucking sucks diego came all the way from japan for that event. thiefs need fingers chopping off.

News Comments > David Allen vs Derek Smart
28. Re: David Allen vs Derek Smart Apr 15, 2010, 08:38 Theo

kimbambaman wrote on Apr 15, 2010, 07:58:
KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 15, 2010, 06:48:
Damn when I saw the title of this this story I thought there would be PPV event for UFC or something man was I dissapointed!

Uwe Boll vs Derek Smart on PPV. Ill buy THAT for a dollar!

I know Blue doesn't agree, but I for one am glad he is off these boards.

yher, this really; rarely have i seen him come on here and be civil unless people are polishing his pole. sensible discussion go's stright out of the window.

Still no sign of derek chillin gout in his old age is there?

News Comments > EVE Online Tyrannis Announced
16. Re: EVE Online Tyrannis Announced Feb 22, 2010, 06:19 Theo

Paco, your posting on the wrong forum, bitter vet forum is over at www.scrapheap-challenge.com

Cant agree that the patches we have had lately have been any worse (in quality) to the first expansions of eve. your assertation that the "new devs" are worse than the "old devs" is pretty much opinion with little basis; every expansion released since castor was born have had lots of issues.

played since beta, and really i dont see the new stuff being any worse than the old stuff.......

News Comments > GPG on the Cost of Independence
10. Re: GPG on the Cost of Independence Feb 18, 2010, 15:05 Theo

the stupid thing is, had chirs put the effort in to making the game work (demigod), his kids would have gone to 4 collages, and he'd be driving something nice.

the game was (And is good), the comminity is posion (just like DotA, HoN, LoL) but the state the game was released in was utterly unacceptable.

/Theo

News Comments > Diablo III Female Monk Reveal
16. Re: Diablo III Female Monk Reveal Feb 10, 2010, 08:22 Theo

diabllo is for people that like "builds" in there charicters, and itemisation.

mass effect is story based. its apples n oranges to be honest - Stupid comparison.

/Theo

News Comments > Star Trek Online Beta Extended by One Day
15. Re: Star Trek Online Beta Extended by One Day Jan 26, 2010, 03:59 Theo

Creston wrote on Jan 25, 2010, 13:58:

Somehow I doubt that a single day is enough to really find / fix any bugs whatsoever. Creston

hopefully this will give them a bit of extra time to work on there hardware solution.

that said, they need another 3 monthsin development crunch mode to make this a full game, right now its pretty decent (if limited), if your playing a fed. the klingons are a fucking joke tho.

News Comments > BC2 LE Preorders, "Non-Transferrable" Multiplayer Requires EA.com
39. Re: BC2 LE Preorders, Jan 25, 2010, 03:07 Theo

BF1943 on the xbox already requires a EA online account. nothing new here, didnt mind doing it with that, and wont mind doing it with this.

(digtal download on xbox and anyhow thats linked to your live account), if you wanna bitch at EA bitch at the list of game servers they shut down this month, ones from games titled 2008 is a bit rough.

/Theo

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2010, 03:08.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Returning
22. Re: Hellgate: London Returning Jan 19, 2010, 07:45 Theo

its pretty obvious that life time subs are not gonna fly (diff pulisher got that money), however what i wonder is... will my old box work or are they attempting to re sell the game to people...

News Comments > Infinity Ward on MW2 Fixes
16. Re: Infinity Ward on MW2 Fixes Dec 18, 2009, 08:51 Theo

hi we're infinity ward, we are rich and we clearly dont give a fuck! (but some of our staff do).

News Comments > Borderlands 2?
14. Re: Borderlands 2? Nov 11, 2009, 15:34 Theo

Interviews like this feel more like press puff than anything. No hard ball questions about what happened to the PC user interface that Randy claimed was in the game. I'm happy theres going to be DLC but shouldn't a patch be issued to fix problems first?

this, 400 times over.

390 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo