Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trindermon

Real Name Trindermon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Theo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description cheesey.
Homepage http://atomicrain.net
Signed On Oct 18, 2005, 19:08
Total Comments 405 (Amateur)
User ID 23977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Strange Quote of the Day
38. Re: Strange Quote of the Day Sep 21, 2010, 11:57 Theo

lol this topic honestly, consoles have lots of very fine shooters; i dont recall a good one comming out on the PC for a long time.

(source games = all old)... is there anything else? i honely cant think of one?

PC's still have awsome games, but the concept that console shooters are bad because people dont know how to use a pad is laughable (or they are unwilling to learn because "lol mouse is better").

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Strange Quote of the Day
18. Re: Strange Quote of the Day Sep 21, 2010, 03:22 Theo

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 01:52:
Thank you for illustrating exactly how people come up with these jackass ideas: They make them up. Without one shred of evidence you ASSume your train of thought is correct.

In the first 24 hours modern warfare 2 sold 7 million units.

55% were on the xbox 360.
33% were on the PS3.
12% were on the PC.

That was the biggest selling shooter title out recently. all this despite the fact that PC users could get the game without getting off there ass's via steam.

I am afraid boys n girls its about true thesedays, if a shooter is avaiilible on all 3 platforms the PC will get yanked on sales.

Next clever ass answer is MW2 was a console game due to lack of servers; well frankly - id bet next months wage on the Black ops (that will have deadicated servers) being EXACTLY the same in terms of sale figures. For what its worth, i own the game on both the PC and the xbox, despite the controller issues, i play the the 360 more; There are just WAY WAY WAY WAY less people cheating.

/Theo

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2010, 06:53 Theo

I adore that song for reasons of my own, sorry to hear it has a saddening message for you blue, thanks for the site.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine & Red Faction: Armageddon Delayed
15. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine & Red Faction: Armageddon Delayed Sep 14, 2010, 08:01 Theo

Drezden wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 21:09:
And Darksiders is probably still my favorite game to have come out this year so far, I played through it in 2 days on PS3. Couldn't put it down. It's a fairly long game, I just didn't stop playing. Doubt I'll rebuy it on PC though unless they're adding a bunch of stuff.

i got stuck a hour in , (bat queen, ive killed everything cant find how to stop running in cicles - cant find the bitch).... annoying.

shame i was enjoying it. also shame re the delays.

Drezden wrote on Sep 14, 2010, 02:56:
I got it from all of the executions and such. I didn't use cover much in GoW, I used the Chainsaw Assault Rifle and the Shotgun and I killed most stuff with executions.

you played it on easy then.

/theo

News Comments > Torchlight II Interview
1. Re: Torchlight II Interview Sep 9, 2010, 06:06 Theo

hopefully this drops well before d3. looking forward to multiplayer equipment grinding! no idea why i like it.

News Comments > David Allen Speaks
54. Re: David Allen Speaks Sep 8, 2010, 04:44 Theo

why o why o why do we have Dsmart topics on blues? it ALWAYS turns in to a "lets bash derek" fest, (admittedly he does incite it on occasion). Shame the siutation is as it is, i only hope the people with jobs get to keep there's and also have some job satisfaction, hopefully the battle of the ego's wont get in the way of that.

News Comments > On Stardock's Elemental Launch Fail
30. Re: On Stardock's Elemental Launch Fail Sep 4, 2010, 06:37 Theo

Verno wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 15:45:
Actions speak louder than words.

this tbh, the issue for me is that stardock made such a huge deal about what gamers deserve - they consistantly manage to miss thier own targets, and the reasons begining to interest me less and less.

I dont think the whole "never buy a game on release day" arguement stands up thesedays; personally i think launch quality has been going up of late in the industry the annoying thing is this trend is being driven by console development. its having a positive effect on most of the rest of the industry.

shame stardock made mistakes, i dont wish the company anyharm - peoples jobs are important, but on the same note, i wont be giving them any coin unless i see a mass of high score reviews for a game and community feedback, burned one to many times.

News Comments > Elemental Patched, Savaged
6. Re: Elemental Patched, Savaged Aug 25, 2010, 12:41 Theo

Verno wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 12:08:
I'm assuming Brad is Frogboy, he posted on their forums saying "The game was released finished" then literally a page later said "Every update to the game is essential" when people called him on it. I guess Demigod wasn't just a fluke, sad to see a company blow their good reputation.

Brad is frogboy, and he was a complete douchebag/idiot/ in the way he handled the (admittedly angry) demigod community. It was everyones fault bar his companys about the multiplayer issues. Blame microsoft, Blame router configurations, Blame everyone but the people who failed to test the product.

the annoying thing to me was when he came out and started talking networking and how IP works (allong with a army of supporting fan boys); it was blatantly obvious Brad just didnt get a bunch of things.

I really really dont want to buy a stardock game ever again, and really Frogboy appears to be happy about it; well how is the company going to grow if they continue to be idiots on the listerning to customers PoV OR admit to things being wrong.

News Comments > RTW Staff Rescue?
6. Re: RTW Staff Rescue? Aug 18, 2010, 16:27 Theo

quick quick quick, start back filling the infinityward mess.... raaawrr! still if it gives folks a new job; more power to everyone.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Aug 18, 2010, 13:00 Theo

I wanted to like GSB, i really did. i didnt. Halo3 on the hand was good, and i did finish it. :\

News Comments > DOTA TM Controversy
23. Re: DOTA TM Controversy Aug 18, 2010, 10:23 Theo

this only strenghtens my hate for valve, ayaya.  

News Comments > id: No Tech 5 Licensing
50. Re: id: No Tech 5 Licensing Aug 14, 2010, 09:28 Theo

zirik wrote on Aug 13, 2010, 11:55:
Theo wrote on Aug 13, 2010, 07:35:
IW still used tech3, there engine is based on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id_Tech_3

COD2 and later not listed for id tech 3.

http://www.tweakguides.com/COD2_1.html

mentions they created a new graphics engine on the first page.

maybe i need to make this clearer, the internal IW engine is BASED on opensource Id Tech3 code. (Hence the Id being mentioned in the credits on the game); it is not a Tech3 license - however had ID not chosen to open source there engine things would be very different.

IW did not build a engine from the ground up, they took open source tech3, and modernised it for there own use.

thats the distinction, no matter how they sell it to you, your playing something that started out as a tech3 implementation. thesedays its obviously different; however if you've done any playing about with MW2 on a technical level you will see how its evolved.

in essance you are not wrong, but you dont seem to be aware of the distinction that people are making when they say "based on", its not licensed tech3, but it most certainly is based on it.

News Comments > Gold - Elemental: War of Magic
15. Re: Gold - Elemental: War of Magic Aug 14, 2010, 06:20 Theo

will wait for community feedback, jumped on the demigod bandwagon cause of site reviews only to find the game was not working from a multi player point of view at all. lost all confidence in stardock and felt ripped off, sworre id never buy another sd product...

this does look really good tho, so i am tempted . ;-)

News Comments > id: No Tech 5 Licensing
35. Re: id: No Tech 5 Licensing Aug 13, 2010, 07:35 Theo

IW still used tech3, there engine is based on it.

News Comments > Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced
13. Re: Borderlands: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution Announced Aug 12, 2010, 08:08 Theo

I guess there is only me that liked the "sound" of this game, but when i got it i was dissapointed to find the "towns had like 2 nps in them and zero "life", just a fairly bland landscape with 80 billion mobs in it that i could kill and no soul. Poor game, hoping rage has more atmospheare.

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions
19. Re: QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions Aug 7, 2010, 08:30 Theo

Kobalt wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 08:00:
Theo wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 06:49:

tbh the quake live service is a great on if you are in to quake; and its totally cheap.

Hey you know whats cheap? God damn quake 3. Let's see one time fee, Or you could pay forever(few months of premium and you could have just bought the damn game). And get laughed at whenever you mention you pay a monthly fee for a borderline ancient non mmo fps.

ID COMING OUT WITH THESE CRAZY SALES1!

I'll laugh when rage fails like every id related game since quake 3 and they cement their status as just a shitty development team inside the company that made oblivion.

1. Q3 doesnt let you host your own servers at the push of a button at a industry standard data centre.

2. Q3 dosnt have tourney level balance changes.

3. have you tried to connect to a quake server these day from the retail box? clearly not. what with the differing mods, map packs, point releases its a fucking night mare, at least this gives people the chance to play (by your own admission) a great Id title for FREE (yes read it) FREE; if you want whats in the q3 box; you already get all that for free + 1 additional well balanced game type. not to mention the standard account has more maps than q3 out of the box.

4. i aint 12 man, i stoped caring years ago about what people think of me, if i like a service ill pay for it. you dont like it? dont pay for it? what is infuriating to me (personally) is generic hate with baseless arguements; isnt it just enough to say "not for me" and walk away?

5. the premium sub works out at 15 quid a year for me, thats the same as a xbox live arcade game - if i play the new map remakes for it more than 5 hours (already did), i am happy. a pro subscription works out at 40 quid a year; not sure i play enough to warrent getting that personally; but its certainly not massive cash.

like someone said earlyer, its the cost of a pint beer or 2 a month. a beer takes what, 5 mins to drink; so if i enjoy a game of quake live for a hour a month, why is it such a bad thing? thats not event to mention achivements, community , stat tracking that quake live has - to say its the same as quake 3 isnt acurate, its quake 3 with bells and whistles, its certianly the best q3 mod/portal i have ever played and i have been playing since test.

/theo

PS: If your argument is based on your general hate of ID, then you have no arguement; just hate, go you - get a cookie.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2010, 10:45.

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions
16. Re: QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions Aug 7, 2010, 06:49 Theo

My Lord, IT IS FREE. You just pay for additional features, the best of them being the ability to spawn private servers up at Id's data centers.

if you want wanna pay monthly dont, youll still be able to play the premium maps if you have a mate on your friends list who is a premium member; they just need to send you a invite in to a server you spawn.

imo its actaully imo a good way of doing this (age of game aside), you dont make it so people cant play the new content; you just make it so someone who is a sub;s payer has to invite them.

tbh the quake live service is a great on if you are in to quake; and its totally cheap.

/fanboi detected.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 30, 2010, 19:19 Theo

Quboid wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 16:10:
Either is grammatically correct in British English, although the usage here would only be used in formal context like a headline.

Fixed it for you wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 16:10:
Either is grammatically correct in English, although the usage here would only be used in formal context like a headline.

hehe, sorry , /grin could not resist.

/Theo

News Comments > Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround
46. Re: Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround Jun 28, 2010, 04:39 Theo

am i gonna get flamed for saying, i bought the game on console this weekend; not had any texture issues on the xbox, and it is so far really fun game (and fairly pretty as well).

shame about the issue people are reporting , the game is genuinly fun (not exactly ground breaking, but for something thats taking the better parts of othergames its doing a excellent job).

Hope there is a patch ASAP to get users up and running and enjoying the game, the last thing raven need is more bad press... what happened to them as a studio ? i remember a house that made great games one upon a time.

/Theo

News Comments > RAGE Trailers
22. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 14:27 Theo

space captain wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 14:15:
its been a long while since id made a awesome game to go along with their awesome engines.. not convinced on this yet

id probly be more excited to see what bethesda would do with this engine

tbh as long as its a good game id be happy;

what supprises me about Id is "good games", oftern become "awful rubbish games" just because they are id and they dont hit the expectation level. if any other dev made them i suspect (lets use doom3 as a example) then it would go down as a "solid good game, that i enjoyed, not without flaws etc" or such like, cause its Id its "trash" - that gets to me a bit.

(btw not accusing you of this dude, your comment just got me to airing something ive wanted to say for a while regarding id).

personally rage looked good fun, i hope in the quest to put in loads of toys they dont forget the awsome atmosphere that some of there games have had.

405 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo